[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you come up with a great superhero /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 6210064.jpg (142 KB, 900x1060) Image search: [Google]
6210064.jpg
142 KB, 900x1060
How do you come up with a great superhero /co/?
>>
>>83091196
Take something away from a character.
Give him amazing powers.
Fight for what is right.
Keep your morals strong no matter what.

"Only reason why I able to survive. CAUSE you pull into my life. And the dream is still alive"
>>
>>83091196
In the case of those two:
>Find a talented writer/artist
>get them to do all the work
>and then take credit for it.
>>
I'M BAMAN
>>
>>83091196
put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up
>>
>>83091196
Its far too late for that now....far far too late.
>>
>>83088938
Why did this thread have to be pruned?
>>
>>83091306
that'd ineteresting , i think i unconsciously applied those steps to something im writing
but now i wonder, can a hero keep fighting even if he recovers what was taken from them

like let's say that for some reason spidey and bats end up fighting some kind of evil magic thing and reward another magic guy decides to give them a reward, so bats gets his parents back and spidey gets uncle ben

how would getting their loved ones back affect who they are? and how would readers react to that
>>
>>83091797
Call the doctor wake him up
>>
>>83091763
I'M PIDERMAN
>>
>>83092592
I COME OBER DA HOUSE
>>
>>83091196
You make a story and a costume. The rest tells itself.
>>
>>83091196
make it a girl
>>
Kill Your parents
>>
>>83091196
Take a hard look at yourself. Realize that you are flawed, OP. Find your flaws, your weaknesses and your short-comings. Once you have this all noted down, elaborated and put into a character, find some goodness. Find positive aspects, preferably outside influences as to no write yourself in a biased manner. Now realize that this is someone new, try having them establish opinions you don't hold and research those opinions to give them weight and to be fair.

Now, give them scenarios and let the character write their own journey.

Godspeed OP.
>>
>>83091196

Use a very basic archtype. Don't focus too much on their backstory to start, just really sharpen the archtype.

Once the archtype is sharpened add a totem; doesn't have to be an animal but a totem is important (the totem can literally be "immigrant" or "Girl Power").

Create a good supporting cast, but don't go overboard one or two characters are enough. Also, DON'T create their nemesis yet.

Use either primary colors or heavy shading (black/white/grey). Do not use non-primary colors.

Tell stories which come organically from the archtype, totem, and supporting cast.

>profit
>>
Rip off another character
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.