[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will he and the green lanterns catch on like Ms Marvel and Miles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: superman.jpg (301 KB, 800x1206) Image search: [Google]
superman.jpg
301 KB, 800x1206
Will he and the green lanterns catch on like Ms Marvel and Miles Morales?
>>
>>83086946

He's appealing to objectively superior minorities so hopefully.
>>
Has Gene Yeung done anything better than "meh" interesting?
>>
>>83087143
His work that isn't DC or Avatar. American Born Chinese, Boxers/Saints, and the Shadow Hero
>>
New Super-Man's book will bomb spectacularly. Yang isn't a big draw, Superman proper isn't even a huge draw anymore let alone a discount version, and there just isn't a lot of effort spent to promote him. Kamala and Miles got HUGE pushes from Marvel, that's why they are where they are today.

As for the lanterns, basically since there are so many lanterns to begin with and they've more or less all stuck around, adding more guarantees that they won't fail and disappear, but they also won't be The Next Big Thing.
>>
>>83087143
His First Second stuff is god tier.

You can only do so much with capeshit.
>>
>>83087143
>>83087225
Yeah, New Super-man is going to be interesting to see if Yang's problem is work-for-hire or pre-existing characters.
>>
File: IMPLYING.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
IMPLYING.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>83086946
>Miles Morales
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""popular""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>83087907
Isn't he? I hate him, but I see him as very popular. He's even positioned himself as an existing character among casuals and maybe even normies.
>>
>>83087005
>objectively superior minorities
You know how wrong this is?

>>83087907
He is popular, go look at the sales chart
>>
>>83086946
Super-Man has good chance because Yang is talented and DC is trying to pander it to Chinese demo. Gotham Academy actually caught on in Japan, maybe there's a chance.
>>
>>83086946
They can't sell nomal Superman why would chinese Superman do any better?
>>
>>83087225
>>83087750
I love Avatar comics, Yang is one of my favorite writers. And Avatar comics only get hate on this board.
>>83087259
Yang is actually a big draw in bookstore market I think. All his stuff make it on New York times best selling list. Maybe DC is hoping to capitalize on that and Chinese demo?
>>
>>83090493
There aren't many good Avatar comics.

I'd say maybe 10 Avatar comics are good ever, and that might be pushing it.
>>
>>83090493
>>83090530
We're talking about Avatar: The Last Airbender, not the publisher
>>
>>83090775
Ah.

Then I know nothing about that. Yang is writing that? Good for him, I guess.
>>
>>83090775
>>83090928
they are blah to shit
>>
>>83090530
I like the current stuff with Gurihiru. Admittedly it's not on American Born Chinese or Boxer and Saints level good but it's solid and fun and pretty much in line with the spirit of the show. You also have to realize Yang only writes the script, they're plotted by show creators.
>>
>>83090775
I know, I like them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.