[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I picked up Heavy Metal #280, Morrisson's first issue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: DELETE.jpg (181 KB, 1200x1618) Image search: [Google]
DELETE.jpg
181 KB, 1200x1618
So I picked up Heavy Metal #280, Morrisson's first issue as editor, because I've always liked the Heavy Metal movie, but never got into the comic.

Man, fuck capeshit. This is the stuff, right here. Weird, continental sci-fi. I've never read anything like this except a few Dredd stories, and I need recs like a motherfucker.
>>
Recs
Drulliet comics
Moebius comics
>>
You have been enlightened! But you don't need to leave the capeshit behind just yet; look into Kirby's stuff, or Moebius's work with Marvel.
>>
Is that a Ron English cover? I met him, got to hang out at his house and see his studio. Cool dude.
>>
Was this issue ever ripped? Anyone got link to this?
>>
>>83082510
>>83082448
I have the Incal downloaded and have had Kirby's Fourth World stuff on my laptop for some time.

I'm not really interested in the typical hero angle any more, though. It's gotta be weirder than that.

The craving I have is for strange, creative, surreal sci-fi. So hopefully Moebius will fill that void.
>>
File: bilaljillhorusnikopolgogol[1].jpg (166 KB, 1000x495) Image search: [Google]
bilaljillhorusnikopolgogol[1].jpg
166 KB, 1000x495
Nigga, you need Enki Bilal

>pic related
>>
>>83082720
No he doesn't, Bilal is horrible.
>>
>>83082577

Heavy Metal 280(2016)(Digital)(TLK-EMPIRE-HD)
http://userscloud.com/rlf3l81otgwy
http://tusfiles.com/2qwpjavt5aiq
>>
>>83082758
He said he wants weird continental sci-fi without superhero archetypes. Sounds like some Enki Bilal shit
>>
>>83082844
Bilal isn't even weird.
>>
>>83082664
not a comic but look into Fantastic Planet, there's been threads about it lately.
>>
How much of this comic is a continuation of pre-Morrison stories?
>>
>>83082720
>Enki Bilal
Saw his work in the newest Heavy Metal. It's pretty nice even if I had no backstory on the characters.

>>83082906
Saw a lot of threads on that film recently. Why?
>>
>>83082720
see this picture here ? that's the entire works of Enki Bilal
>>
This was my first time reading Heavy Metal. I didn't really like it. It feels like reading a local 'zine in the worst way possible, very amateurish in many aspects.
>>
>>83083171

Why don't you just exercise some self control you weak fuck?
>>
>>83083171
>>83083233
Dude, come on. Don't derail my thread with your shit. There are ways to get autobanned.
>>
>>83083343
>>83083258
>>83083171
so...yeah three times are ok. im done with it. Sure somebody reported me already and mods are on their way.
Couple of minutes and your thread will be clean and dandy :D
>>
>>83083258
>There are ways to get autobanned.
for example?
>>
>>83083410
There's a thing you type, isn't there? Either in the text or into the name field or something.
>>
>>83083479
You're a fucking faggot. Stop derailing the thread. Jesus.
>>
>>83082720
Fucking love Bilal
>>83082423
I don't see what morrison can change in one issue but I'm glad just having his name on the cover gets them more sales
>>
Storytime?
>>
>>83083934

I's Heavy metal m8. It's probably like 150 pages long
>>
>>83083987
We just had someone storytime all of Preacher and all of Wally West's run as the Flash.
>>
>>83083987
>>83084070
There is literally someone storytiming every Ultimate Universe comic
>>
>>83083987
and? There have been people storytiming multiple heavy metals
>>
File: Morrisinspiration.jpg (29 KB, 427x569) Image search: [Google]
Morrisinspiration.jpg
29 KB, 427x569
Same, picked it up for Morrison, liked it a lot. His prose/intro is hilarious and classic Morrison. His comic's good too. But yeah, nice variety of stories. Little lost in the in-progress stories, but oh well. I'll continue to get it at least for the near future.
>>
File: heavymetal.jpg (402 KB, 612x825) Image search: [Google]
heavymetal.jpg
402 KB, 612x825
>>83082936
>He’s keeping two ongoing serials, including Julia and Roem by French comics master Enki Bilal.

>Also ongoing is The 49th Key by Erika Lewis, J.K. Woodward and Deron Bennetz:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/07/heavy-metal-grant-morrison-debut-issue

I started subscribing for the recent Pepe Moreno two-parter from the 80s that was pretty great; still waiting to receive this issue.
>>
4 new series coming

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/22/heavy-metal-magazine-launches-4-new-comics-in-august-aftermath-big-clean-atoll-reincarnate-and-skip-to-the-end/

Hate to be company wars guy but while DC and Marvel barely have any interesting books, Image/ Boom/IDW/Darkhorse/Heavy Metal etc have too many
>>
>>83084482
Is Morrison still doing The Multiersity Too?
>>
>>83084689

Yea but he only just finished the scripts three years so so it'll be here by 2024 at the earliest.
>>
>>83084689
Apparently yes, but i'd be surprised if artists started on it. Two more WW trades. He is doing his own collection of Batman Black & White which sound pretty wild.
>>
File: ellis morrison.jpg (142 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
ellis morrison.jpg
142 KB, 960x720
Ellis stories when? he'd be a great fit
>>
>>83082423
Are you going to be faggot or you are going to storytime it?
>>
>>83082821
I assume you're posting these becuase you somehow make money off it, but the fact that the faster of the two is capped at 250kb/s makes these basically impossible to wait for

Enjoy your tiny ad revenue I guess
>>
>>83085287
Don't have a digital copy. You want a storytime, there's the download link, you do it.

It's not the OP's job to storytime every comic that gets discussed. Jesus, you take spoonfeeding to a whole new level.
>>
>>83085291
quit your bitching and just download it like the rest of us
>>
>>83085291

Hey look, beggars CAN be choosers!
>>
>>83084482
Man, Moreci is dull as fuck and comics about detectives are a huge turn off. That Keith Burns fellow is very talented though, hope he gets more work in the future.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.