[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 10268486_ori.jpg (262 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
10268486_ori.jpg
262 KB, 600x400
Apologize.
>>
>>83067686
I liked Preacher.
>>
Was it any good?
>>
>>83069223
it was good for a first episode
Obviously going to get a thousand times better as the show progresses
>>
>>83067686
>Apologize

LOVING THIS MEME.
>>
Not until the 2nd episode arrives.

In 2 weeks.
I need it now
>>
>>83067686
Oh, it's out?
I've already accepted it's not going to be a straight adaptation but how close to the comic is it?
>>
>>83071282
There's characters named Jesse, Cassidy, and Tulip.
The end.
>>
>>83071282
It's got the tone down pretty well. The three mains are all awesome, although people are butthurt about Tulip. She's a little more full on than she was in the comic, but you can make your own mind up on how well it works. I liked her.

Also Jesse's dad seems to be very different, so we'll see where that goes. Episode was fun as a whole, though. He hasn't really used the voice much, though, so we'll hopefully have a lot of fun with that.
>>
>>83071282
It's really fucking different.
Jessie isn't a full-on alcholic wreck while being a priest. Cassady is on the run from vampire hunters and jumps out a plane. Jessie meets Cassidy in the bar, later Cass moves into curch's basement. Arseface likes Jessie, because he tells him God still loves him despite trying to commit suicide.
Tulip is not surprised by Jessie being a priest and comes to town to get him to pull some heist. Genesis doesn't kill all the townsfolk when he enters Jessie. Jessie doesn't leave the town after it, but decides be the best priest he can be. He also accidentaly murders an innocent guy with the voice, but he doesn't know about it yet.
>>
It has the potential to be better than the comic. Comparing this to the start of the series I much prefer the show.
>>
>>83072375
That's gay
>>
I really liked it and this might be one of the few few cases where I don't mind the changes. That smirk that Dominic did when he started fighting sold me on him as Jesse. Not saying he's a bad actor or anything but I was still on the fence about his casting.
>>
File: 5372549eee3de.png (45 KB, 341x512) Image search: [Google]
5372549eee3de.png
45 KB, 341x512
>>83072375
Unacceptable.
>>
File: 448.jpg (325 KB, 860x700) Image search: [Google]
448.jpg
325 KB, 860x700
>>83069918
>>83072411
>>83073304
nu-/co/, everybody
>>
It was not good. It definitely won't be following the comic but it was just choppy feeling and all over the place.
>>
>>83073304
Jesse was the worst casting choice ever. He is some soft spoken noodly looking dude. He doesn't look like he came from anywhere from the South honestly.
>>
Someone brought up a comparison to Hannibal, in how that took things from the books (and a couple from the movies) but was clearly trying to be its own thing and not a 1:1 copy.

I can deal with that.
>>
>>83073531
His hat should say top cunt instead.
>>
It's better than expected in the same way that surviving a gunshot is better than dying from it.

If it weren't for Cassidy and some of the over-the-top gonzo shit it'd be completely unwatchable.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.