[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preacher / Outcast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Preacher-and-Outcast-750x522.jpg (103 KB, 750x522) Image search: [Google]
Preacher-and-Outcast-750x522.jpg
103 KB, 750x522
These had great pilot episodes like TWD
How long til they also turn to shit and stop following the source material like TWD
>>
>>83063056
>stop following the source material like TWD

Preacher did that right off the bat.
>>
Preacher was bad, bro. Let's not kid ourselves. Even as loose adaptation it was all over the place.
>>
>>83063674
Did they at least keep angels and heaven or are the rumors of it being about alien possession true?
>>
>>83063813
they don't elaborate into that much

genesis just goes around exploding preachers around the world and then enters Jesse and he gets the word
>>
>>83063970
They show genesis? What'd it look like? Pic or webm?
>>
>>83063970
>genesis just goes around exploding preachers around the world and then enters Jesse and he gets the word
Wow this really sounds terrible.
>>
>>83064018
it's just an invisible entity that vibrates in the air and thats about it
>>
TWD follows the source material, though. Since Gimple was made showrunner it's been one of the most accurate comic adaptations.

Characters fates get switched around or changed altogher, and there are original characters and original arcs and stuff but it is very close to the source material except for a few changes like Rick keeping his hand that the author of the comic is in full support of.
>>
>>83063056

Bad
>John Custer was also a Preacher
Makes no sense with the D'Angelle family
>Tulip meets Jesse and they have a heart to heart conversation
Makes no sense with their otherwise amazing relationship considering he abandoned her to save her life.
>Genesis doesn't destroy the town on Annville when he possesses Jesse
No one gives a fuck about Jesse being a Preacher in Annville
>No John Wayne
Terrible, makes Jesse a way less interesting character

Good
>Tom Cruise gets blown up my genesis
Lol'd

Overall I give Preacher a 4/10. Will see how it goes for an episode or two, if he keeps the humor and spirit of the comic but changes the story I don't mind too much. If it doesn't keep the human and spirit it's getting dropped.
>>
>>83065573
*by Genesis

*humor and spirit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.