[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ywn be put on a dying Big 2 book only to turn it around with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1424634625409.jpg (55 KB, 391x391) Image search: [Google]
1424634625409.jpg
55 KB, 391x391
>ywn be put on a dying Big 2 book only to turn it around with fantastic new cast and an engaging story utilizing past and current continiuty and building a vast net of relationships throughout the universe for 50+ issues to critical and financial acclaim
>ywn have long night fights with your editors for the right to not have one of your pet characters killed in an event
>ywn see anyone cospalying an idea of yours
>>
File: nope cheese shop.gif (2 MB, 318x232) Image search: [Google]
nope cheese shop.gif
2 MB, 318x232
>>83037978
>any creative team having control of a comic and its storylines for 50+ issues in today's industry

The fact that Johns and Snyder had that long on JL and Batman respectively speaks to just how big of a draw they are as writers to keep the sales consistently high.

For everyone else, you're lucky if you get a full year now.
>>
>>83037978
>50+ issues

I'd aim for 185
>>
>>83038164
Why specifically 185?
>>
>>83038472
To match Claremont
>>
Why would I ever want to work for Marvel or DC?
>>
>>83038080
>For everyone else, you're lucky if you get a full year now.

This applies to indies too, it's a damn shame. No incentive to go past 10-20 unless you're lucky enough to become a big name. Sales just diminish too much over time.
>>
>>83037978

That doesn't really happen anymore. Look at Valentine's Catwoman, King's Grayson, and many other writers who "saved" characters only to be on the book for like a year.

Also I doubt becoming a Big 2-quality writer is something that's nigh-unobtainable, I imagine it's the networking and getting your foot in the door that's the biggest hurdle.
>>
>events
lel never going to happen with this cancer existing
>>
File: sad dick.png (179 KB, 218x374) Image search: [Google]
sad dick.png
179 KB, 218x374
>>83037978
>tfw if you do this to a relatively popular character you have to get used to hoards of characterfags bitching to and about you
>>
>>83038553
>>>83038472
>To match Claremont

You know, when you put it that way, it really was a towering achievement, what he did.

Nothing like the Donald Duck artists, but still, pretty amazing.
>>
>>83037978
>utilizing past and current continuity

Hey if it's dying I'd just skip what came before, obviously the readers did.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.