[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wolverine Origins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 917x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 917x384
>X-Men Days of Future Past ends with Mystique disguised as Stryker to save Wolverine from the Weapon X program
>Apocalypse has Wolverine captured by the Weapon X program

Brava, Singer! Brava, Fox! CLAP.CLAP.CLAP. That is truly amazing. You could have actually put love and care into your X-Men Film Continuity like Marvel Studios's MCU. But you decided to just take a big dump on it. That takes dedication. And major props to Singer for forgetting what happens in his own movie he directed two years ago.
Man, I sure am glad the X-Men are with Fox and not with some who actually cares about them and makes fun movies (like Marvel Studios).
>>
I'm just glad Seann William Scott is getting work again.
>>
>>83035205
Bryan Singer has a lot on his plate - a harem of teenaged boys, to be honest - so he can't be bothered with little things like continuity.
>>
clearly the organization was still in existence
>>
>Put Wolverine in the actual Barry Windsor Weapon X outfit
>Except they fucked up the mask because if you pay Hugh Jackman 20 million dollars, you're going to show his face at all times
>He even had a bit where he took it off all slowly that would have made for a great reveal, but fuck it you can already see his eyes the whole time so it doesn't matter

At least they finally gave him the full 80's mullet hair.
>>
I don't understand why you're so upset about this
>>
>>83035205
there was no proof that mystique was going to save wolverine from weapon x

your head canon is wrong. pay attention pleb
>>
Do people actually get paid to do this shit?
Not even Chinese government does this. Paying I mean
>>
>>83035205
They should just give the rights back to Marvel.
>>
>>83035292

but c-continuity
>>
>>83035333
Did he still have metal claws in the new future of DOFP? Because they had to account for that in Apocalypse somehow, all the ending in the last film showed was that Mystique rescued him from drowning. You could infer many things from that like OP, but it isn't proof that reconciles with him still getting a metal skeleton anyway.
>>
>>83035289
>Except they fucked up the mask because if you pay Hugh Jackman 20 million dollars, you're going to show his face at all times
Fucking stupid. Like when Eddie Brock hardly showed his Venom face.
>>
>>83035333
It would have been better if they had established how stryker had caught wolverine and turned him into weapon X

Or better yet avoided the whole wolverine thing cause it was unnecessary and would have changed nothing to the story
>>
>>83035205
>Make an entire movie to clean up the shitty continuity of the series
>It doesn't
>Immediately goes back to fucking up continuity again
It's like I'm reading Bendis.
>>
>>83035444
But that's even stupider, no one wants to see Eric Foreman's face.
>>
>>83035292
It's shitty and lazy.
>>
>>83035471
>Or better yet avoided the whole wolverine thing cause it was unnecessary and would have changed nothing to the story
That would of been smart. But how can Fox promote HughBub in the trailer to Normies if he isn't in the movie?
>>
>>83035547
I actually like it. They accidentally, through sheer incompetence managed to make their films as convoluted as the actual X-Men comics. It's almost charming.
>>
Seriously though, what was the point of that stinger in DOFP? It feels like it was just there to have a stinger, Apocalypse totally ignored it
>>
>>83035471
>The movie with least Wolverine is the one that made the least money
Never ever again.
>>
>>83035712

Yeah its respecting the source material that way
>>
>>83035791
But Deadpool only has a passing reference to Wolverine and it made the most money.
>>
>>83035854
Deadpool is more popular than the X-Men
>>
>>83035734
The point was to have a stinger no matter what it was. It could of been Beast talking to Nightmare King and it still would not of mattered. No one at Fox (especially not Singer) gives a fuck about consistently and continuity.
>>
>>83035734
The point was test-audiences felt it was depressing for the movie to end with Stryker picking up Wolverine for Weapon X as planned, so they slapped Mystique's yellow eyes and a narration by Xavier about the future changing to end on a more positive note.

Singer said that they're working with the notion that Mystique let Wolverine go, but the timeline course-corrected, and he ended up found by Stryker and put on Weapon X anyway.
>>
>>83035616
No it isn't. Wolverine always needs to go through Weapon X to get his Adamantium.
>>
>>83035712
>>83035808
It's not really X-Men until they spend half of the next movie on a ridiculously convoluted sideplot explaining why it's not actually a plothole after all.
>>
>>83035205
They could have just not included the whole Weapon X section. It was just there to force a Wolverine cameo and was really jarring. All they got out of it was a different plane to crash.
>>
>>83035243
Oh shit, they do look alike
>>
>>83035243
Da faq? Who did he play? Arcade?
>>
>>83035205
what makes you think that mystique wanted to save Wolverine?
>>
>>83036508
>All they got out of it was a different plane to crash.
With no survivors?
>>
>>83039311
She turned good at the end and >>83035902
>>
>>83035205
>I thought I was the only one completely confused on the timeline
At the end of Day's of Future Past Xavier tells Wolverine "welcome back old friend" or whatever. Are there two parallel timelines going on right now? Did Wolverine going back in time fuck things up and split shit but he was able to go back to the original timeline? If so, why was Cyclops and Jean Grey alive? He changed something.

Why was Emma Frost a teen girl in the 70s, but also a fully grown woman in the 60s?

Why is Boliver Trask a black man and also a short white midget?

What the fuck is going on with Wolverine, and now Deadpool? How does he have his claws back? If everything happened the way that it did, how is he captured again with his metal claws?

Isn't Magneto a little young to have been in a German death camp? Did Havok even age at all?
>>
>>83042615
Expanding on this, my theory is that they just want Hugh Jackman to continue playing Wolverine but they fucked up their own timeline so much that they don't even fucking care anymore. As long as they can shit out another Wolverine movie with Hugh Jackman no one actually gives a fuck what's going on.

After that I suspect they'll try to reboot the entire series to hold onto the movie rights, like they did with Fantastic Four. At least Sony is realizing that they can't do it alone with Spider-Man.
>>
>>83035205
MCU lacks continuity to be fair.

All the recurring characters have different personalities and motives each new movie to shoehorn them into whatever the new plot requires. See Iron Man, Loki, etc

Then the shit with tv verse which was supposed to be canon, then when they obviously didnt a good job managing continuity they had stealthy remove them from canon or at least ignore them.

But hey, at least the Netflix shows are canon! Then we have conflicting reports of the NY invasion and people outright ignoring it when it would be more than relevant to certain successes, specially at a court.
>>
>>83035205
Doesn't bother me nearly as much as every young mutant Idolizing Mystique.

Storm I get or can at least forgive, but the kids at the school? Not one of the teachers, not Alex Summers, Not Prof X, NO ONE thought that having those kids idolize this self centered bitch who was the villain through out most of that last encounter until she decides at the last minute to save the president was a bad idea. And that maybe they should be told the truth before unintentionally creating anymore mutant terrorists.
>>
>>83035434
DOFP future is a different continuity. In that continuity he lost the adamantium on the claws because Silver Samurai took his claws off. But then he joins Magneto, so he could as well fix the issue easily since Adamantium is not indestructible here, just highly durable.
>>
>>83043017
What do you mean?
>>
>>83035205
While we're -kinda- on the subject, would any of you be excited for X-Men to join the MCU? Or would you prefer for them to not share a universe with the rest of Marvel?

I'm afraid it would just be one giant fucking clusterfuck.
>>
>>83042615
>>83043058
She saved the fucking president retard.

>>83042615
Are there two parallel timelines going on right now?
Yes. Old time line, good ending and new time line uncertain ending. Old timeline bad ending was discarded.

Why was Emma Frost a teen girl in the 70s, but also a fully grown woman in the 60s? Psychic powers. She does the same when she is old in the comics to hide her uglyness

Why is Boliver Trask a black man and also a short white midget?
Why is two face negro Apollo and then Tommy Lee Jones in Batman forever? Do you really need a recast explained?

What the fuck is going on with Wolverine, and now Deadpool? How does he have his claws back?
Wolverine in the new continuity was freed by Mystique but later captured again because the timeline corrects itself.
>>
>>83043138
That their motives, personalities and desires change in every movie specially when Whedon got the characters 2 times and discarded most of the shit from their own movies.

They also still cant decide if tv is canon or not. Or if Netflix is canon or not.
>>
>>83043149
The entire cast of X-Men? No. They have just as many characters as the MCU and it would be a clusterfuck. I think the only character that anyone would want to see join is Wolverine.

I'm wondering if the Netflix series will be in the Infinity War. No one really cares about Jessica Jones, but maybe Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Daredevil and the Punisher. I mean fuck it really, that's what everyone wants to see. As long as you're bringing magic into it I'm sure you could shoehorn Ghost Rider into it for a cameo. At the end of season 2 of Daredevil they could have somehow brought out Blade. Instead of being about literal vampires, some weird genetic manipulation or something. It would have made Daredevil so much better if the season finale showed Blade.
>>
>>83043294
>She saved the fucking president retard.

She fought her ex boyfriend on TV and it just so happened to result in saving the presidents life.
>>
>>83043149
>I'm afraid it would just be one giant fucking clusterfuck.
Thats cause it is. 20+ Xmen plus all the avengers and co. Movie wise, it just can't coexist seamlessly.
>>
>>83035247
>Bryan Singer has a lot on his plate - a harem of teenaged boys, to be honest - so he can't be bothered with little things like continuity.

that angel boy is so hot
>>
>>83043481
People already bring up shit like 'where was Tony while this was going on'.

Can you imagine that shit with X-men around? There's almost no excuse for every movie NOT being some huge cross over event.
>>
>>83043294
A recast? That's pretty fucking extreme considering that the two actors playing the same character are about as opposite as you can get.

Emma Frost was only pretending to be a 30 year old woman, and then she shows up only pretending to be a teen girl ten years later?

Why doesn't the events from The Wolverine carry over into X1, X2 and X3. That's before the timeline shift. Wouldn't Scott remember being rescued by Wolverine?
>>
>>83035547
>>Make an entire movie to clean up the shitty continuity of the series
>>It doesn't
>>Immediately goes back to fucking up continuity again
>It's like I'm reading Bendis.

comics in general, look at DC many crisis, reboots, retcons;
marvel too
>>
>>83035205
>continuity in the comics is a mess
>continuity in the movies is also a mess
working as intended
>>
>>83043623
>Wouldn't Scott remember being rescued by Wolverine?

Scott never actually saw Wolverine.
>>
>>83035854
>But Deadpool only has a passing reference to Wolverine and it made the most money.

good superhero movies will get good box office
>>
>>83035205
or Wolvie got capture between films
>>
>>83035205
It's been awhile but I never got the impression she was freeing him. Just retrieving his body. What she did with it is any ones guess.
>>
I kind of assumed Logan, retaining some knowledge of the future, asked Stryker-Mystique to put him through the adamantium process to prepare for whatever shitstorm comes their way.
>>
>>83043723
So a large hairy man running around with metal claws is never discussed? I mean, having such a traumatic experience one of the first things you want to know is why and what happened.

So what's up with Professor X first meeting Wolverine in the future films talking about how "he's seen this before". Should he know exactly where this kind of shit has been talking place? Didn't he even meet Wolverine in a bar and was told to fuck off?
>>
>>83043856
He never saw most of those kids again. Who's he going to talk about it with the Professor? And then what? IS Xavier going to waste most of his day counseling this kid or just make his mind more comfortable about what happened.

Yea he saw it before because he was the one that rescued the kids that were being experimented on. He met a guy in a bar for less than a minute before being told to FUCK OFF.
>>
>>83043017
Inconsistency isn't the same thing as a lack of continuity.
The TV stuff was always going to be a tenuous continuity at best, it's like how there's a Blade and Buffy movie and TV show or any other number of things that got such a treatment.

They can share ideas without being connected.
>>
File: 1452744610328.gif (515 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
1452744610328.gif
515 KB, 400x308
Continuity? In a X Men movie?
>>
>>83043149
FUCK NO. Keep that shit away from the MCU. Clusterfuck is an understatement
>Oh there are mutants now btw
The X Men are fine where they are. Have FOX give up the F4
>>
>>83035205
Its not a plot hole, she saves him but he obviously is fated to be captured again. Otherwise he'd have had to be in the weapon x program for TEN YEARS
>>
>>83035205
>Brava, Fox! CLAP.CLAP.CLAP.
Fuck DCucks are obnoxious as hell, its like Im on Tumblr
>>
>>83035471
How the fuck would they have time to show that?
>>
>>83043294
Here, this explains everything
XMEN ORIGINS IS NOT CANON
They said they multiple times, it doesn't count. Therefore, any plotholes originating from it dont count
>>
>>83044564
This is what I'd assumed. If he was captured in DoFP he'd be a full blown, mind controlled monster out doing missions by the time Apocolypse happens
>>
File: booze.gif (846 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
booze.gif
846 KB, 300x204
>Xavier's students first mission
>They take on fucking world destroying Apocolypse and win.
>They struggle against fucking Toad in the first X-Men
I like to think of the X-Men series as a anthology series that doesn't care for it's continuity, cause it's better that way.
>>
>>83044781
Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Whimey Bullshit
>>
>>83044781
You do realise it's a seperate timeline right? and that there were less of them than in Apocolypse fighting Magneto, a dude who had a major pivotal role in defeating Apocolypse?
>>
>>83044781
most of the defeating Apocalypse came from Pheonix and Magneto
>>
>>83045346
I just thought it was an odd decision to have such a young version of the group fight Apocolypse. Like it can only go lower from here, I don't mind it cause I actually think the films are better off focusing on the younger cast.
>>
>>83035205
They wanted to give Wolverine his metal claws but not have DoFP end on a cliffhanger.
>>
>>83045656
Apocalypse is a bitch in the movie. Magneto does most of the work and kills millions of people.
>>
>>83035292
Given the posting style: autism.
>>
>>83046588
some of us actually care about the quality of our superhero movie, Foxshill

I guess that's why the MCU is so much better than the FoX-MenU :^)
>>
>>83035416
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>83042615
Origins is non-canon
>>
File: Brian Synger loves kids.jpg (54 KB, 800x597) Image search: [Google]
Brian Synger loves kids.jpg
54 KB, 800x597
>>83035247
>>
>>83043149
Yes, but give it a 5 year break after this horrible anachronism of a series ends. They seem to be against doing recasting in the MCU now, so that means when the core of the Avengers line-up is done, that's it, until they decide to reboot. Thor and Captain America may get replaced and continue, but whether or not that means as individual franchises, or just in avengers, is the question. I'm not sure about the Iron Man franchise. Rhodey could've been a replacement, but they made him a total dork in the movies who no one wants as a leading man. Its probably the biggest MCU franchise outside avengers, but without Downey Jr. I'm not sure if it can go on right now. Basically the franchise isn't bigger than RDJ.

So to fill in holes in the MCU they're going to need more franchises. I think an MCU X-men could be really good. And a proper wolverine would be nice.
>>
>>83043623
>Emma Frost was only pretending to be a 30 year old woman, and then she shows up only pretending to be a teen girl ten years later?
Yes, depends on how it suits her better she changes her appearance through mental manipulation. This is something she uses a lot in the comic books. You would know if you ever read some.

>A recast? That's pretty fucking extreme considering that the two actors playing the same character are about as opposite as you can get.
Like Apollo and Tommy Lee Jones.

>Why doesn't the events from The Wolverine carry over into X1, X2 and X3
And this is plain bait. The Wolverine happens several years after Phoenix died in X3 in the old continuity. It leads directly into the bad ending of DoFP. Are you mistaken it with Origins by any chance?
>>
>>83049708
>And a proper wolverine would be nice
I would love to have a Wolcerine that finally wears his costume. Or just for all of the X-Men to have better costumes.
>>
>>83044781
FUCKING TIME TRAVEL HOW DOES IT WORK?

Also Apocalypse was beaten by a cosmic entity. It was an asspull sure, but it wasnt beaten by regular methods. And X1 doesnt happen in the new continuity.
>>
>>83049708
>And a proper wolverine would be nice.
The proper Wolverine for the masses is now Jackman. Just like RDJ wasnt anything like Tony Stark when he did Iron-man 1, but now everyone associates Tony Stark with his version. Even the comics mutated Tony into movie Tony

>>83049898
>Muh costumes
Yesterday was fun, campiness, and being less serious. Now that you got everything and more you complain about innane shit like costumes. They get the x-men colored costumes at the end...and they suck.
>>
>>83050013
>They get the x-men colored costumes at the end
It's not the same. And they look terrible because Singer (like Snyder) is shit at costumes.

Fox and Singer need to take a lesson from the MCU.
>>
>>83050013
Tom Halland proved to be the best Spider-Man(with the best Spider-Man costume). Now we need the same for Wolverine.
>>
>>83043336
I haven't seen any major contradictions in the Netflix shows. Conflicting reports of the NY invasion? Got any examples?

Only thing I've noticed is when they forget to put in the Avengers tower
>>
>>83050013
>The proper Wolverine for the masses is now Jackman. Just like RDJ wasnt anything like Tony Stark when he did Iron-man 1, but now everyone associates Tony Stark with his version. Even the comics mutated Tony into movie Tony

And the iconic Batman for years was Adam west. A few years ago the "masses" thought Tobey Maguire was irreplaceable. All it takes is a good take in the movies.

There's a constant repetition of "oh we can't do____, that's too silly, oh that only works in the comics, oh this won't work for movie audiences". and every time we keep getting things that where said to be impossible. Its a tired, unimaginative argument that only serves to defend the status quo for some ill-guided reason.
>>
>>83044456
Same can't be said for the Transformers too
>>
>>83050571
MCU, Andrew and Maguire's costumes were consistently good.

Now if only we get a better looking black suit.
>>
>>83045897
>Apocalypse is a bitch in the movie.
is great when the movies capture the core of the character
>>
>>83051671
He just can't catch a break.
>>
>>83051990
well i admit he was very proactive, it took him like two hours get his first horse, probably less than two days get the get whole gang and in a weak he get rid of all the nuclear weapons.
>>
>>83035205
its funny as many that wanted sony to hand over the rights for spider man to marvel we would have equal demand for fox to hand over xmen

xmen movies get worse overtime. its not casting in the earlier ones its just shit scripts. i mean its like what 5 fucking movies for what ultimately is the extinction agenda story line without the cool stuff from it

its almost makes you think they couldnt find digital comics of the xmen that had other plots besides "humans bad"
>>
>>83052398
hey now!
solid snake wrote that script!
>>
>>83052398
Fox only wanted X-men for the whole segregation realism angle they could spin from it.
>>
File: snack.jpg (13 KB, 225x360) Image search: [Google]
snack.jpg
13 KB, 225x360
>>83053784
Script?
>>
>>83053784
"We should make Sabertooth Wolverine's brotherrrr, and give him long blonde hairrrr." "What the hell are you talking about, Snake?" "And then we change Colossus's name to Metal Gear."
>>
>>83035205
>People being this autistic

Just because Wolverine didn't immediately get carted off to Weapon X in 1973 doesn't mean he couldn't have been tracked and captured in the following decade. The matter of the fact remains, Wolverine can't be Wolverine without Adamantium and you need Weapon X to happen or it's not the same character anymore. Besides, his cameo appearance was fucking sweet and good way to explain why three kids with barely control over their powers could save everybody from Weapon X without getting caught, Wolverine slaughtering all personnel got the job done.
>>
>>83043058
>Doesn't bother me nearly as much as every young mutant Idolizing Mystique.

To be fair, it does make a lot of sense within the story. Mystique becomes the first public hero mutant when she saves the President in live TV and thus becomes synonymous with helping Mutants becoming slightly more accepted in the world. It's annoying because it doesn't really work that well with Mystique we comic fans love, but it doesn't come out of nowhere.
>>
>>83044781
>What is Xavier instilled mental blocks on Jean to contain the Pheonix

No No-Prize to you, my friend.
>>
>>83035243
>Colonel William Stiffler
>>
>>83035547
>The Wolverine
>"Oh No!!! Wolverine lost his Bone-Claws! How will he ever cope????"
>X-Men Days of Future Past
>Magneto: "Here Future Logan, I fixed your claws!"

Fox really must be fans of Bendis considering how they start plots ideas and then backtrack on them.
>>
To be fair you really shouldn't be an X-men fan if you're not okay with the time space continuum being fucked up beyond recognition.

Jean and Scott have like 8 kids from various futures and alternate realities. Jean has never once been pregnant.

Just go along with the ride and wait for bubs to get snikted.
>>
>>83044781
>X-Men
>win
dude
>>
>>83052398
The degree to which they've reused plots and villains in their movies is really baffling. That's one of the things reviewers are starting to react negatively to with this one. They're saying Bryan Singer doesn't have any more X-Men stories in him at this point, and at this point, Fox should get someone else to do a fresh take on it.
>>
The whole movie is shit.

>muh third family
>muh eyes
>muh nightmares
>"that tree was planted by my grandpa"
>emo nightcrawler
>rehashed quicksilver scene
>every fucking character has textures and shit on their face and clothes
>everyone has shitty hot topic contact lenses
>apocalypse is non-threatening as shit
>storm is shit
>psylocke has 3 min of action
>FUCKING CUNT JENNIFER LAWRENCE IS BLUE FOR LIKE 2 MINUTES IN THE WHOLE MOVIE AND YOU HAVE TO STARE AT HER FUCKING FAT FACE FOR MORE THAN 90 MINUTES
>wolverine cameo because you know the movie is shit
>mall scene "the third one is always the worst"
>sansa "can't fucking act" grey
>cosplay-level beast
>>
>>83063518

>>FUCKING CUNT JENNIFER LAWRENCE IS BLUE FOR LIKE 2 MINUTES IN THE WHOLE MOVIE AND YOU HAVE TO STARE AT HER FUCKING FAT FACE FOR MORE THAN 90 MINUTES

She's barely in the fucking movie dude. She basically doesn't exist for the entire middle of the film and her contribution to the ending is negligiable.

I'm pretty sure Moira gets more screentime then her.
>>
>>83063518
>sansa "can't fucking act" grey

I thought she was good as teen Jean, even had nice chemistry with teen Scott.
>>
>>83063737

She was a decent actress but her accent was fucking terrible. She sounded like she had a cold the entire time.
>>
>>83063518
>mall scene "the third one is always the worst"
That scene is funny how it was making fun of X3 but can also be allied to Apocalypse since it's the third in the First Class series.
>>
>>83063816
No it wasn't funny you fucking geek
>>
>>83063280
>bubs
>snikt
What do these terms refer to? Wolverine?
>>
>>83063518
>muh third family
Is he really on his third? Are you counting his mother and father in the camps?
>>
>>83063852
>being this new
>>
>>83063852
>No it wasn't funny you fucking geek
Yeah. He calls people "bub" and his claws have the onomatopoeia "snikt" when they come out, so people call him "Sniktbub".
>>
Wade is suppose to know Logan in the new continuity right?

>1973: Days of Future Past
>1983: Age of Apocalypse
>(In 2014 all X-Men are currently alive)
>2014-2016: Deadpool

Is this the current X-Men Cinematic Universe?
>>
>>83063885
Got it, thanks
>>
>>83064164

Don't forget First Class.
>>
>>83064259
How could I forget First Class?

>1962: First Class
>1973: Days of Future Past
>1983: Age of Apocalypse
>(In 2014 all X-Men are currently alive)
>2014-2016: Deadpool

Then what's next Deadpool 2 and some New Mutants/X-Force movie?
>>
>>83035416
>>83049143
You know Disney should just own eveything
>>
>>83064342

And Wolverine 3, along with whatever the next main recipe X-Men is going to be which will take place in 1993.
>>
>>83043623
>Emma Frost was only pretending to be a 30 year old woman, and then she shows up only pretending to be a teen girl ten years later?
Could have been her daughter
>>
X-films are the only ones who piss me off with their lack of care with continuity. And I hate myself for how much it irritates me.

But they just don't care
>>
>>83043294
>Why was Emma Frost a teen girl in the 70s, but also a fully grown woman in the 60s? Psychic powers. She does the same when she is old in the comics to hide her uglyness
Forgive the stupid question, but was Emma even in Apocalypse?
>>
>>83063096
The X-Men movies are more true to Marvel than the MCU.
>>
How does Jean already have the Phoenix Force in Apocalypse? Isn't there supposed to be an entire other plot for her getting those powers? Does this mean we're not getting Dark Phoenix Saga in the next movie?
>>
>>83064553
She's just starting to manifest them and it means we are definitely getting Dark Pheonix saga.
>>
>>83064553

She had the Phoenix Force inside her to start with in the original films too. It's easier to write her as just having this power to start with then trying to make a comics-accurate PF, which is a bunch of metaphysical nonsense.
>>
>>83035205
Actually, the film implied that Stryker somehow BTFO'd Mystique and still captured Logan, hence why they recognized each other.

It was pretty much lazy writing to handwave it like that but it's still something.
>>
>>83036017
>Status Quo is God
>Even if ending of the movie suggest that the future was changed
Would it hurt you if Wolverine wouldn't get adamantium?
>>
>>83042615
>Why was Emma Frost a teen girl in the 70s, but also a fully grown woman in the 60s?
Assume that Emma from Origins is not Emma Frost.
If you want to go further, assume that Silverfox and Emma were Emma Frost's daughters, each having just part of her abilities (mindfucking and diamonding).
>>
>>83035712
This. I mean, it's terrible yeah, but it's really how it feels to be a fan of X-Men comics.
>>
>>83064956
You cant imply anymore!

You need a 10 minutes bond villain monologue for every character detailing what happens at any moment. Gathering the information and reaching conclusions by yourself? Thats for faggots!
>>
>>83042615
>Did Havok even age at all?
Havok always could absorb energy, it helps at extending life and looking young. Just look at Shaw.
>>
Mystique wanted to help the other mutant at the White House battle that Erik threw in the river.

She assumed the identity of a high-ranking Army officer to get the necessary manpower and assistance to get him out of the river.

What happens to him after the rescue. She doesn't really care; he's Charles' ally. Mystique's point by that time was, Charles and his mutants are alive, rescued, and accounted for; I'm outta here.

Unfortunately Charles never looked him up and the rescuers probably ended up giving him to the "US Army guy" that supervised the rescue (the real one this time, though).

What's hard to understand about this situation.
>>
>>83063585
So much this. I even had to listen my friends complaining about how she didnt kick asses in the movie. I almost kill them. Im glad she wasnt relevant to the movie.

Anyone saying she is the protagonist or eats too much screentime clearly didnt watch the movie.

But you are still a faggot for being a namefag.
>>
>>83065105
Different (alternate) timeline -- like Deadpool said.
>>
>>83063853
It's his second family.
>>
>>83065228
>>83063585
The news footage of the 1973 attack on the White House is used in schools to inform people about the existence of mutants; both bad (Magneto who tries to kill Nixon) and good (Mystique who stopped Mags). Mystique is idolized by a lot mutant kids for that sacrifice of revealing her true self to the world.

Ironically, having her true form broadcast worldwide, eliminates Mystique's privacy and threatens her safety. So, she minimizes showing her true blue form even/especially around other mutants.

And yes! In the movie, Caliban asked her why she doesn't want to be identified as Mystique (in name and form).
>>
>>83065211
You need to show it on a flashback or make a whole movie detailing that event! Thinking is for retards!
>>
>>83065273
>Thinking is for retards!
2Deep for them?

got it
>>
>>83065162
>You cant imply anymore!
I know you're basically throwing shit at the shitposters but yeah the film basically makes it clear that Mystique and Stryker strongly recognize each other as enemies (given how they started as early as DOFP when she was trying to kill Trask).

Given how she reacted to him in Apocalypse, it was basically implied that Stryker somehow BTFO'd Mystiqe and still captured Logan, hence the continued grudge between the two.
>>
>>83042615
>>83042692

Timeline 1
Original trilogy, Wolverine movies, DOFP.

Timeline 2
First Class, DOFP, Apocalypse.
>>
>>83065457
Its not that complex, I wonder why so many people, specially in /co/ from all fucking places have so much issues with such a simple timeline. At least compared to the retardations that are the comic books.

I listened a good one at the theater.

An old lady was near me and was explaining to her friend, another old lady, "wow, they killed gambit, but he probably survives, he is in X-men 3 at the casino". I mean, literally wtf? First its Havok, second it happened in Origins, and third it happened in the pre DoFP timeline. How can you make so many mistakes with so little amount of words, old woman.

Its understable an old woman dont know or frankly dont care about this shit anymore...but /co/? Cmon, step it up!
>>
>>83065232
Well, Origins and The Wolverine are not part of DoFP continuity, but that doesn't mean that Emma Frost of First Class couldn't be mother of Emma and Silverfox in original timeline.

This time she's dead though.
>>
Where do you think they will introduce Laura?

And where do you think Wolverine 3 will be placed? In the old time line or in the new one?

If it they introduce x23 at Wolverine 3, and Wolverine 3 happens in the future old time line, then X23 is stuck there forever since time travel doesn't exist. Unless Cable taxi her into the 90s so she can find the X-men.

And what will happen with Wolverine in the new timeline? Will he never join the x-men in the 90s?
>>
>>83065624
Yup. First Class has it's own continuity.

"Stewart or McEvoy?"
Fuckin' Wade!
>>
File: 1460814507321.jpg (436 KB, 1280x1989) Image search: [Google]
1460814507321.jpg
436 KB, 1280x1989
>>83065651
Wolverine 3 will be made after Thor 3, and will include buddy cop movie of Logan and Sabertooth (once again played by Liev Shreiber, as he was GOAT in his role), investigating cloning stuff.

Movie will start with Sabertooth getting Logan on this ride after doing pic related.
>>
>>83065624
Yes, yes they are.

Old continuity, bad ending:
Origins> x1>x2>x3>the wolverine> old continuity bad ending

Old continuity good ending
Origins> dofp > x1>x2>x3>the wolverine> old continuity good ending

New timeline, uncertain ending
FC>DOFP>Apocalypse>unknown

Deadpool placement: Unknown
Wolverine placement: Unknown yet, heard rumors about being placed after old continuity good ending.
>>
>>83065714
Shouldn't, technically, FC be part of all timelines?
>>
>>83065714
dofp > unknown > old continuity good ending

Sorry copy pasted it wrong, here is the correction
>>
>>83065732
Yes, its true.

Lemme revise it then

Old continuity, bad ending:
FC>Origins> x1>x2>x3>the wolverine> old continuity bad ending

FC>dofp > unknown > old continuity good ending

New timeline, uncertain ending
FC>DOFP>Apocalypse>unknown

Deadpool placement: Unknown
Wolverine placement: Unknown
>>
>>83065762
>New timeline, uncertain ending
>FC>DOFP>Apocalypse>unknown

this makes no sense.

the DOFP good ending is directly tied to the new timeline.
>>
>>83063849
im sorry that anon offended you; the god emperor of humor.
>>
>>83065805

Yeah, it goes

FC>x1>x2>x3>the wolverine> old continuity bad ending

FC>DOFP>Apocalypse>Good ending

The good ending is the endpoint of the new timeline.

Origins Wolverine is non-canon in both timelines. Deadpool is lol who knows in both.
>>
>>83065805
No, the future is open to change. Singer said several times that because you watched someone alive in the good ending of DoFP doesnt mean they cant die.
That was the ending for the old continuity. The new one can go where it wants.

That being said I heard rumors about Wolverine 3 being placed 10 years after the end of old continuity, good ending. He is drugged and he kills most of the x-men. And then he retires knowing he fought so hard to prevent the Sentinel bad future, just to find a bigger horror in the new one. He has the memories of both time lines and it makes him crazy.

Its probably bullshit, but still an interesting rumor.
>>
>>83065873
Origins is canon in the old continuity bad ending.

>>83065873
And no. Singer said this continuity wont end of the epilogue for DoFP
>>
>>83065873
Frankly making it non canon solves most of the issues with the continuity but it is canon.

The Sabretooth in X1 is actually a retarded clone Magneto made. He wasnt very good at cloning it seems. This is from the script before filming the movie. Then they removed the explanation because they felt it too convoluted and they didnt intend to reuse Sabretooth later anyways. They probably never imagine the success of the franchise and Jackman.
>>
>>83065908

First Class directly refutes Origins though.

>>83065895

So it's basically about Bruce Willis in Looper? I could get behind that.
>>
>>83066036
The Emma thing is explained in behind the scenes videos unless you are talking about something else.
>>
>>83066059

Seriously?

Why would Fox work so hard to put the most universally reviled X-Film into continuity?
>>
>>83066067
Only Singer and his twink harem know the secrets of the X-men.
>>
>>83066067
The explanation was before DoFP. They didnt know they had an easy way to reboot everything, so they tried until the last moment to fix the continuity mistakes.

Im sure you have heard already about the patient in comma in x3 right? He is Xavier's twin brother. Xavier was so powerful he mind wiped his brother in the uterus. This explanation actually belongs to the X3 bluray extras. They fixed stupidity with bigger stupidity. Until they finally found the solution in DoFP
>>
>>83066089

>tfw Angel's casting in Apocalypse

I want to give Singer the benefit of the doubt but he's making it harder with each film.

He sure as hell didn't hire the kid for his acting talent, he has maybe ten lines in the film.
>>
>>83064375
1993 is the perfect time to introduce Cable. If it's coming out the same year as Deadpool 2, that's pottery.

Snce Sinister is going to be involved, I'm thinking something something Genosha/Xcutioner'sSong/LegacyVirus shenanigans.
>>
>>83065597
>Its not that complex, I wonder why so many people, specially in /co/ from all fucking places have so much issues with such a simple timeline

Because comic book nerds are that autistic about continuity and they need shit to be clearly spelled out in dialog/villain monolog for it to count as 110% canon.
>>
>>83065950
>The Sabretooth in X1 is actually a retarded clone Magneto made. He wasnt very good at cloning it seems. This is from the script before filming the movie. Then they removed the explanation because they felt it too convoluted and they didnt intend to reuse Sabretooth later anyways. They probably never imagine the success of the franchise and Jackman.
There is a comicbook tie in to X-2, which starts with Sabertooth attacking Logan again, being defeated, and Logan stopped from going after kill when he saw that Sabertooth has the same kind of dog tag as he does. He invited him to a beer where they talked.

Supposedly, Sabertooth got his memories wiped, has flashbacks from time to time about bad things he did, to what he was not proud of, and joined Magneto to find out his own past. And he was going after Logan, because he was part of the flashbacks he had.
>>
>>83043336
>They also still cant decide if tv is canon or not
Literally the only thing supporting TV not being canon is a quote from Joss Whedon that's taken out of context.
>>
>>83064462
Emma was killed off between First Class and Days of Future Past, like all the other mutants introduced in that movie except Havok.
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.