[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know basically everyone here hates this show (and with good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11
File: baman.jpg (309 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
baman.jpg
309 KB, 1024x768
I know basically everyone here hates this show (and with good reason) but did it have a single good episode?

What is the best episode of The Batman?
>>
>>83011714
>know basically everyone here hates this show
This is news to me
>>
>>83011794
In my entire time on /co/, I have not seen a SINGLE kind word aimed at this show.
>>
Lots of people enjoyed The Batman. You'll probably not get anyone saying it was better than BTAS unless they're incredibly contrarian, but plenty of people enjoy it.

Most complaints come back to NOT MUH what with Rasta Joker and Manson Riddler and whatnot.

It didn't have any episodes that hit the highs of Heart of Ice but it was a solidly enjoyable series and I liked how it gave Bruce both a clear learning curve as the seasons went on and also imbued him with a warmth and humanity that is often lacking in other Bruces. He comes across as a man who, having experienced the tragic loss of his parents, wants to make sure that never happens again but is still able to balance his family and friends int he here and now. Whereas others seem just completely consumed, driven and divorced from real joy.
>>
>>83011714

>I know basically everyone here hates this show

So you're just another general consensus guy.

When did people stop thinking for themselves?
>>
>>83011714
>everyone here hates this show (and with good reason)
nah, that's just a meme
>>
>>83011714
I loved this show. Honestly, there were so many good episodes like when he got infected with the joker venom.
>>
>>83011870
You've clearly never actually bothered to read a TB thread then. NOT MUH BTAS doesn't mean it's universally reviled. BTBM is more likely to hold that crown.
>>
>>83011985

BTBM is actually pretty good. I like how they didn't re-use the tired set of villains and brought in new elements like

>Barbara as Oracle
>plucky female grown-up sidekick
>Alfred in a more active role
>a different rogues gallery
>Bruce doesn't act like a laid back rich guy out of costume
>>
>>83012421
I liked BTBM but the animation style really didn't do it any favors.
>>
>>83011898
This, the show just had a very optimistic tone towards Bruce which is refreshing.
>>
Seconds
aka the Clock King episode
>>
Seconds, Meltdown, and Ultimate Criminal Mastermind are brety gud
>>
>>83011985
BTBM?
>>
>>83011714
I liked it. I thought it was really well written and season 1 had some jems.
>>
>>83011714
The one with dave
>>
>>83011714
>I know basically everyone here hates this show

Then you know nothing. You're just a newfag baiting for a TB thread.
>>
>>83012897
Beware the Batman.
>>
>>83011714
The Clayface episodes were good
>>
>>83013182
That one never even came out where I live. Man, that CGI doesn't look great.
>>
>>83011714
I liked pretty much any episode with Penguin. And that one where Joker wanted to trade places with Batman was pretty good. But Meltdown is the best episode by far. It's TAS levels of good.
>>
Riddled was one of my favorites, though I never really cared for the Marylin Manson Riddler design. Strange New World too, but the lack of Scarecrow hurt it.
>>
Kek, how new are you? I've been on /co/ since 2008 and that show gets nothing but love. It's not as praised as TAS o TBATB but it's still great.
>>
>>83011714
>but did it have a single good episode?
Did it have a single bad one?

I've been running through the series on Netflix recently and the only episode I'd call below par is the one with Cluemaster.
>>
Were there any truly terrible renditions of villains in TB? I mean yes Ridder had a poor visual design but ever other aspect of him was great. And yes Freeze wasn't BTAS Freeze but honestly playing out the same exact origin and plot as the cartoon before would have been an awful idea that would have drawn more criticism for "copycat" so he's a Catch 22 for cartoons now. And yes Joker was Rasta but I personally thought it was a great take on the character, even if the VA was never gonna be able to compete with Mark Hamill.

Penguin was way more interesting, Catwoman was great, Clayface was an interesting new version, Killer Moth was fun, I don't really remember an actually awful villain from TB.

I'm sure there were one or two single-episode villains who sucked, I just don't recall them.
>>
>>83014418
Riddler's design was great, for another character. Probably scarecrow.
>>
>>83014557
That was Ragdoll
>>
>>83014418
I really didn't like Freeze at all. His origin story was kind of shitty and it was just outright ridiculous that he blamed Batman for it. I get that his a villain and he's supposed to be petty and irrational, but goddamn, man. And he made way, way, WAY too many puns even by this show's standards. And this show had a lot of puns. I don't like Joker's design, but I liked him as a character.
>>
>>83014672
Ragdoll was always a blast
>>
>>83011714

The one where Batman and Catwoman are handcuffed together
>>
Batgirl and Poison Ivy were cute
>>
I liked the episode where Penguin, Killer Croc, Ragdoll and Killer Moth teamed up
>>
>>83011714
The one when the city is infected by Strange
>>
File: 1459746610044.gif (351 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
1459746610044.gif
351 KB, 500x420
I didn't really like this version of Batman because the sidekicks Robin and Batgirl ruined a bunch of episodes with their bickering but I liked how they portrayed Hugo Strange

I liked the Dracula movie but overall this series is worth watching once and then never again
>>
>>83014418
Freeze was boring as fuck, Penguin was irritating despite his motivation, and Cluemaster was godawful, and I don't even care about him in the comics.
>>
File: 1459290629326.jpg (28 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1459290629326.jpg
28 KB, 720x540
No one is suspicious that Batman's hangs around little kids in tights and puts them in danger?
>>
>>83011714
I remember liking its take on Clayface‘s origin. I think it was a two part finale for s1? My memory is real hazy though when it comes to this show, haven’t seen it in forever
>>
File: Hilarious & Original.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Hilarious & Original.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>83015978
Nope, you are actually the first person since 1940 to notice this.
>>
>>83017441
You're actually accurate. That two-parter was written by Greg Weisman too, along with a few other episodes I think (I know the one where Bats entered Joker's mind was).
>>
>>83017709
How snide, but I was just pointing that out due to how flippin young they look in this show.
>>
I remember really liking the origin story with Batgirl and Poison Ivy. I'm surprised no one ever used that interpretation again.
>>
>>83018301
How? Batgirl coming before Robin? Or Babs and Pam being friends before their incidents?
>>
>>83011898
I can't hate that Riddler because Englund makes him creepy even despite silly design.
>>
>>83020955
Riddler was one of the few villains who got an origin episode
>>
>>83011714
The stuff with Joker turning that cop into Clayface was good. I don't remember if that was more than one episode.
>>
It has the coolest looking cape, and a sweet Batmobile.
>>
>>83011714
It wasn't bad it just had the unenviable task of following up BTAS and the DCAU.
>>
File: batman drive.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
batman drive.gif
1 MB, 480x270
I just had to make a quick gif, this shot is cool as fuck
>>
>>83022489
Man his Batmobile was the tits. It was so far from what Burton had conditioned us to think of as "the Batmobile" while being perfect for the particular atmosphere of the cartoon it existed in.
>>
>>83017766
Wait really?? Weisman wrote for The Batman? That’s cool
>>
>>83022639
>that episode where it get destroyed so batman makes a new one because the creators wanted to keep shit fresh
>those new enemies batman would face

kind of a shame in season 4 once he joined the justice league batgirl disappeared she was really good and made every episode she was in enjoyable
>>
>>83011714
Only people who haven't actually watched it "hate" it.

It's alright. It's by no means bad.
>>
>>83011714
I don't hate it, it's just clearly a kid's show in a way the DCAU wasn't: it was aimed at exactly one demographic and wasn't doing some namby-pamby "all ages" grab which only occasionally works.

That said, dat opening. Both of em.
>>
Joker venom episode was fantastic.
I love the balance between funny Joker and creepy Joker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCCJTz2VgOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX629Va63eA
>>
>>83019017
Pam and Batgirl being the same age and being friends.
>>
I legitimately consider The Laughing Bat to be a serious contender for the best Joker story.
>>
The first season was trash, everything after that gets gradually better. Once Batgirl shows up things really get better.

I actually really liked how they set up Batgirl and Robin in The Batman. Batgirl shows up first and doesn't listen to Batman about fighting crime and he gets used to her being around, so once Dick comes in the idea he would let him be Robin makes more sense.

Though I am pretty sure Barbara was originally younger than she ended up being. She seemed high school at oldest but then she was suddenly a college student when Poison Ivy shows up.
>>
It's the reason Justice League couldn't have more Batman characters like Barbara becoming Oracle

So fuck that show
>>
>Gotham's ultimate criminal mastermind
Featuring D.A.V.E

>Strange New World
Zombies

>Artifacts
Dark Knight episode
>>
>>83011870
The cape was actually useful, the gadgets were cool, there were a lot of interesting villains, including the different Clayface origin. I personally think it was actually better than The Animated Series.
>>
Batman actually looked fit and stealthy, he was a thick fuck in BTAS and it never looked right.
>>
I fucking love this show. Seen it three times and I don't regret a single episode. Next to Beyond, I'd call it the best Batman cartoon.

Also keep in mind I haven't seen BTAS.
>>
>>83024800
Other than the animation, music, stories, voice acting, influence on normal comic canon, constant praise and high regard?
Sure.

The Batman is generic Kids WB shit poor kids like you had to watch

There is a reason why people from TAS are still used to voice those parts for animated movies and video games and not the ones from The Batman
>>
>>83011870
>not seen a SINGLE kind word

I think babs is okay in it

pretty shit aside from that though, it's true
>>
>>83023040
Weisman wrote for Brave and the Bold and Beware as well.
>>
>>83023133
>that episode where it get destroyed so batman makes a new one because the creators wanted to keep shit fresh

Or because they had to sell a new Batmobile.
>>
>>83024750
You shouldn't be skipping bedtime, Batfag.
>>
Seconds and the Clayface ones.
>>
I didn't like it at first. First season was pretty weak but it got better. Some of the new takes worked better than others. Joker I disliked but Penguin I did for example.

Its biggest problem was as others have said was follonw The Animated Series and its extended Universe.

Brave and the Bold was just a fun show.

Beware was kinda hit and miss. The idea of avoideing the big name villians and trying to mine the lesser known ones was okay but probably only would have lasted so long. Towards the end they had already hinted at Ra's al Ghul. Though it would have been cool had they brought in Red Hood for like a season recurring villian then having him become the Joker.
>>
The Solomon Grundy episode was really good.
>>
I would have loved if they made another season, having villains like Two-Face and Scarecrow appear. Since they drastically change villain designs, I bet the burned half would have fire designs on his suit and a red tie with holes in it.
>>
>>83025573
>old bad shit never goes away because writers are lazy and unoriginal
>see that means my stuff is better
Yourpost.jpg
>>
>>83030552

It's not even the writers, it's the brainless fanboys that can't let go. Fuckers praise Conroy of all people, he is not even a decent actor overall, he is just lucky he struck a character that doesn't need to emote much and it fits his lack of talent.
>>
>>83023518
Serious Mayor Adamn West was the tits.
>>
>>83023518
For a show more aimed for kids, I thought TB Joker was way more menacing than the BTAS one.
>>
>>83030582
>he is just lucky he struck a character that doesn't need to emote much
Maybe you should rewatch I am the Night again.
>>
>>83030848
Much as I love BTAS Joker, he's overall not very menacing.
I only ever thought he was scary in Mask of Phantasm, Joker's Favor and Return of the Joker.
>>
>>83011870
I think you must of being getting mixed up with Beware The Batman.
>>
File: joker_harley_dance.gif (2 MB, 399x303) Image search: [Google]
joker_harley_dance.gif
2 MB, 399x303
I absolutely adored this show's versions of Joker and Harley. What nerds hatefully call the "Rasta monkey" look doesn't even look that bad. It has the typical jester details while actually making him look like he could deal a decent punch. (Which was pretty much the whole toy-etic appeal to the show. Weird gadgets and kung-fu fighting.)

And Harley's just the cutest in this style, haters can go gargle their own bile.
>That happy squeal of hers
>>
>>83031223
He was fine once they gave him the suit again.

The Laughing Bat is a legitimately great Joker story.
>>
>>83031223
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jikPDpEUJAw
>>
I like it because he actually does detective work.
>>
>>83031223
>literally acted like a monkey jumping around
>not a monkey
>>
File: Detective_Ethan_Bennett.jpg (37 KB, 292x844) Image search: [Google]
Detective_Ethan_Bennett.jpg
37 KB, 292x844
Best Clayface coming through.
>>
>>83033320
>thinking a circus acrobat is a monkey
>>
>>83011980
Kill yourself, my man
>>
>>83011985
BTBM is one of the best animated batman series in awhile. So, not sure why you would refer to it as reviled. It's just plain good, that simple
>>
>>83018301
People just want Ivy to super hot in a hellz yeah I'd bang her way, not kinda hot in a guilty pleasure way because damn, that's pretty young.
>>
>>83033837
It was way too bland for me. I prefer watching cartoons with at least a little levity.
>>
>>83033600
he went around without shoes too
>>
File: 1393374306450.gif (737 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1393374306450.gif
737 KB, 245x245
>>83029374
I don't think you finished Beware then. Second half was much stronger. Ra's appeared and had an arc to himself. Some other famous villains like Killer Croc and Man-Bat appeared, but the latter had a different twist to him. A couple of new obscure villains also debut and stuff.

>>83034126
She's 19. You're fine
>>
>Same guys who made the worst Batman AS also made the best Spidey As

Wew
>>
>>83011714
But I liked it

What's wrong with it?
>>
>>83034370
What?
>>
>>83033786
Maybe I have a mind of my own, faggot
>>
>>83025573
>classism
shame on you
>>
>>83034370
I'm pretty Greg Weisman didn't make a Batman show. The closest he did was YJ.
>>
>>83033361

He was okay, but I like the Ron Perlman version better on BTAS.
>>
>>83034303
So do acrobats.
>>
>>83022000
It was an entire arc actually. I think he died eventually tho. Black clayface was a great character.
>>
>>83029374
>Though it would have been cool had they brought in Red Hood for like a season recurring villian then having him become the Joker.
I still hold that that's exactly what Anarky was, just with a different name to make the eventual plot twist less obvious. We'll never know, though.
>>
>>83031345
...those poor squirrels
>>
>>83037903
No, he was turned back into Ethan Bennett, while Basil Karlo became the new Clayface.
>>
>>83038370
>a fallen stage performer villain ends up as a clown villain
God damn, that would have been clever as fuck.
>>
File: 110.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
110.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>83038370
It would also be a bit POETRY, since Anarky was going to be revealed as possible Joker's son.
>>
>>83038669
In the comics, I mean.
>>
File: Batman vs Dracula (2005).jpg (21 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
Batman vs Dracula (2005).jpg
21 KB, 288x216
We can all agree that The Batman vs Dracula was fucking great, right?
>>
>>83033837
I tried watching the first episode of Beware the Batman, but it gave me motion sickness. Maybe it was just a bad quality version or maybe it's the Grifter, Who knows?
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.