[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw it, americucks. Ask me anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 19
File: x-men apocalypse.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
x-men apocalypse.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
I just saw it, americucks. Ask me anything.
>>
Is Jubilee in it at all?
>>
were there any decent Munn Ass shots?
>>
>>82970236
God this looks like a clusterfuck
>>
How much did you vomit into your popcorn tub?
>>
>>82970916
She is in like 3 or 4 scenes. Less than 2 minutes.
>>
Is Wolverine more than a cameo?
>>
>>82972582
No.
He is at the Weapon X facility, Cyclops, Jean and Nightcrawler set him free, then he goes on a rampage killing soldiers.
>>
>>82970236
How would you rate it compared to the other x-men movies?
>>
>>82970236
is it good?
Also please tell me theres another QS scene like in DoFP
>>
>>82970236
Does Toad have a cameo
>>
>>82970236
This is probably one of the worst super hero movies of the last few years.

The movie is incredibly rushed despite being over 2 hours.

Many "core" characters have no development (I think Psylocke has about 3 lines).

The final fight is boring and generic as fuck

The writing is terrible.
Every single one of Mystiques lines are meant to be "inspirational" but just end up feeling clunky.
Nearly every Quicksilver line is some sort of joke.

You could go on but i'll just say that this. This is the worst cape movie since green lantern.

I haven't seen BvS so I can't comment on that, but this movie is truly terrible.
>>
>>82973431
>>82973215
In my opinion First Class and DOFP are way better.
QS has a similar scene.
The x-mansion blows up and QS gets every mutant out in 1 second
>>
>>82973491
No, there are a bunch of kids at the Mansion, maybe one of them but I don't think so.
Blob has a cameo.
>>
>>82970236
Tell us about the fight scenes

Who fights who?
How do they beat Apocalypse?
Who delivers the final blow(s)?
>>
>>82973874
phoenix
>>
>>82971701
does she do the thing with the sparkles and stars?
>>
>>82973982
How was Phoenix visually? Did Jean have to die to use it?
>>
>>82974112
She does nothing with her powers.
>>
>>82970236
ded?
>>
>>82974460
Nop.
IShe runs after Apocalypse is defeated
>>82974178
Just fire with the form of a Phoenix.
She doesn't die.
>>
>>82974460
not op, but I watched it yesterday.
Angel dies, Nightcrawler fucks him up twice.
I am fine witht hat since Angel and Cypher are my least favorite x men characters.
>>
>>82974448
whats the fucking point then?
>>
>>82973874
Nightcrawler fights Angel in a clandestine fight club.

Beast fights Storm and Psylocke
Angel and Nightcrawler again
Quicksilver and Apocalypse
Xavier has a mental battle with Apocalypse too.

Magneto, Rightclops and Jean fight Apocalypse at once, Storm comes to help too at the end.
>>
>>82974630
I don't know man, I don't know...
>>
>>82973507
Quips are good only when the mcu makes them!!

This was comedy done well.

What letyou think that psylocke was an actual character and not just a henchmen/small villain like crossbones or kgbeast?
>>
>>82973674
And he tried to fight Apocalypsis with his super speed but got rekt.
>>
>>82973431
>>82973215
I'd say it's better than First Class but DOFP is slightly better.
>>
ONLY DISNEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO MAKE SUPERHERO FILMS REEEEEE IT SUCKS
>>
>>82977238
>people should praise this because it's not Disney
>>
>>82977238
I fuckin loved DoFP & First Class because they were actually pretty good movies.

This on the other hand was just tedious
>>
>>82970964
please respond
>>
>>82977238
>People praise First Class, DoFP, and Deadpool, despite being made by fox
>People shit on the subpar movies made by fox

If this were true, wouldn't people complain about those other ones?
>>
>>82975178
I dunno, probably the fact she was all over the posters and advertising. Unlike crossbones who was promoted to an extent which actually reflected his role in the film.

if anything Crossbones actually played a more important role in his movies than Psylocke did in Apocalypse. At least we knew his motivations.

Imagine if the the assassin team from civil war was all over the posters & trailers for Civil War and you might get an idea of how little Psylocke did in this film.
>>
>>82970236

Do the theological and religious assumptions of the movie come off as ignorant and forced?

Or does the subtle implication that Apocalypse had a larger role on the development of humankind make him more interesting
>>
Objective best girl list:

Jubilee = Moira > Psylocke > Jean > Storm > shit > jlaw
>>
>>82970236
Do you think this will lead to busy/packed theaters? Or will word of mouth kill it like BvS?
>>
File: Singer.jpg (54 KB, 728x362) Image search: [Google]
Singer.jpg
54 KB, 728x362
>x-men
singer tells a boring rogue origin story and squanders one of the most iconic x-men villains (sabertooth). magneto’s plan is retarded and the movie feels cheap. The only reason anyone liked it is for jackmans performance as wolverine.
>x2: x-men united
the only x-men movie that is decent, mostly because it that opening nightcrawler scene in it and focuses primarily on wolverine and professor x who were the only good things about the previous movie. but you might as well call it “wolverine and the x-men” because no one else seems to really do anything. at least the story is ok (it’s the only one that is).
>x-men 3: last stand
funny singer couldn't be bothered to direct this movie, but afterwards he decides that he needs to spend the next three fucking movies undoing everything so he can re-tell the story. if this story was so important to you, then why didn’t you just direct the movie you fucking douche?
>>
>>82979459
>x-men: first class
why tell an x-men first class story if you are just going to use the most boring unknown x-men characters like darwin and that fucking fairy girl. why not use cyclops at least? why does singer hate cyclops? and why even have mystique in the movie at all? its like they just picked random b-list characters no one cares about or wants to see. also this movie wins the award for worst casting ever. emma frost, young professor x, young beast, and mystique were all horrible casting choices. why even fucking do a prequel anyway? are prequels ever actually good? just do x-men 4. fuckin hell.
>x-men: days of future past
this movie is MASSIVELY overrated. singer gives us all what no one asked for: a non-origin wolverine time traveling story without his metal claws. he brings back professor x from the dead in the same body without any explanation. then he brings back only the most poorly casted characters from first class and kills the rest off-screen. he again spends too much time on mystique when no one fucking likes her or cares about her story. the only new character he manages to give more than 30 seconds of screen time to is quicksilver who like mystique is a minor character no one wanted to see and he makes him way overpowered to boot. the only really cool parts in the movie are the fight scenes in the future, but the movie doesn’t bother to explore those characters or give any of them any time. instead it’s the 70s adventures of boneclaw, mystique, and not-bald/not-paralyzed charles. the villain, trask, poses no threat to the heroes, and the story devolves quickly into “oh no magneto going to kill the humans - episode 5”. look i’m sorry /co/, but this is a fucking shit movie. deal with it.
>>
>>82978152
There is viral material (like the DoFP timeline for the last movie) that explains how he destroyed Rome, Babel, Sodoma, etc. but its not featured in the movie.

You can watch him in the movie as a pharaoh.

>>82978275
Its hard for superheroes movies to do less than 600m this days. With China and South America is easy mode. This is in the lower end of blockbusters budget. China and SA dont care about reviews.

Some old lady at the theater literally said referring to Havok: He is Gambit, but he couldnt die here, he is in X-men 3 after all. There is so much wrong with that single sentence that you now realize people in the third world are really ignorant/dont care about that shit.
>>
>>82979500
i fucking hate bryan singer. he has had 15 years to build up this x-men universe and we have one decent x-men movie (x2). fuck you bryan singer.
>>
>>82979459
I have my own summary too.

>X men
After B&R kills the cape genre, Singer tries his best to revive it and thanks to the X-men and Blade the genre revived. X-men was a really nice movie victim of the age in which Superhero movies were office cancer and you had to be more cautious.

>X2
The best X-men movie. He goes deeper, bigger and better and makes a movie which until today is normally ranked in the top ten of every cape list.

He leaves the franchise.

X3 and Origins happens.

The franchise suffer and its about to die.

FC reignites some interest but cant revert the damage X3 and origins did to the brand.

>DoFP
Singer comes back and BTFO everyone. Great reviews, still the one of the best rated superhero movie out of the last 10 years. Financial success.

I dont see the issue with Singer here. Other than maybe that he is too good for capeshit.
>>
>>82979500
>he brings back professor x from the dead in the same body without any explanation.
Really? They address that in X3. You could easily interpret it as a mental projection over the new body.

Or you could go the deep end and watch the bluray extras where they explain the guy in Coma is Xavier's twin brother who was mind wiped on the womb accidentally by Xavier. Sure, its retarded but so the rest of X3. Still is easier to go with the random coma patient and mental projection.

Oh, is this one of those threads were we pretend to be retarded and ask shit like what was Lex's plan?
>>
>>82979500
X-Men First Class happened because it was originally X-Men Origins: Magneto, but the story revolved around him and Professor X, so they ended up going for a full prequel with everyone.
>>
>>82979701
>too good for capeshit.
He has made X-Men 1, X-Men 2, DOFP, Apocalypse and Superman Returns.
Only X-Men 2 and DOFP are good.
>>
>>82979813
The twin brother thing is still really stupid
>>
>>82970236
When do the Rangers form the Mega Zord?
>>
>>82975418
>>
Being an X-Fan is suffering
>>
>>82980098
X1 was good for the limitations he had to work with.

Superman Returns is not bad as a sequel to the Donner movies.

Apocalypse is average. Not much better or worse than CW and BvS. I liked the 3 of them for different reasons.
>>
File: 1461543034845.jpg (202 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
1461543034845.jpg
202 KB, 980x1040
>>82980279

HOLY FUCK THAT LOOKS SO BAD
>>
>>82978037
Psylocke had cool fight scenes that make up for not having more characterization
>>
>>82980279
This is better than any SHAKY CAM fight in Civil War
>>
>>82973215
It's in par with First Class and the first Singer movie, if you like X-men sans Last Stand you'll like this. It won't blow you away like the last time but it's good no matter how much Marvel shills who want the rights to be taken from Fox say otherwise.
>>
>>82970236
I liked how they handled Apocalypse and the Horsemen.
All the horsemen had great costumes.
Magneto's early scenes got a bit sappy, but it wasn't too bad.
Mystique being a huge hero worked within the context of the other movies, but I'd prefer if we never saw her again on-screen.
Quicksilver was just as good as in DoFP.
Post credit scene teases Mister Sinister and gives hope for X-23 in the future.

Arguably the second best X-men movie after X2.
>>
Does Psylocke have an English accent?
>>
>>82984693
She speaks so little I never even thought about it.
>>
>>82984693
Not really, she very little, and it doesn't even really matter.
>>
>>82970916
Barely, she doesn't even do anything just like 3 short talking scenes.
>>
>>82984783
Feel kinda bad for the actress. She was real cute as Jubilee.
Hope there's more of her in the next one.
>>
>>82984805
Personally I hope there exists an extended kids in the mall cut, just like the Rogue cut for DoFP
>>
>>82984821
There's got to be at least some cut scenes with her.
>>
>>82984693
>>82984693
american
>>
Not as good as DoFP, but pretty good.

Though Apocalypse wasn't as threatening as I had hoped.
Also he had four henchmen and none of them were really of use.
>>
>>82984857
>Not as good as the Future bits of DoFP, but way better then the Past.
FTFY
>>
>>82984857
>Also he had four henchmen and none of them were really of use

I don't know, their weakness was lack of team work, which makes sense. They dominated the fight without Magneto who had another task, and the three remaining ones only lost because Kurt took down Angel and Psylocke with the jet escape and Storm had minimal combat training.
>>
Psylocke looked good in her outfit

pic related and her Auschwitz scene gave me a boner
>>
>>82979500
i'm with you on DOFP
>>
>>82980279
TERRIBLE
>>
>>82979500
DoFP blows. This anon gets it. I'm sick of hearing my friends gush over it. Timey wimey bullshit that makes no sense; Mystique is the focal point because JLaw's Raven has plot powers. Trask is a throwaway antagonist with little (if any) characterization, wasting Dinklage.

The only parts of DoFP that I enjoyed were moments shared by Charles and Erik in the future, and that's definitely 100% to do with Stewart and McKellen's chemistry and real-life friendship coming through.

DoFP blows.
>>
So Olivia Munn turned down the role of Vanessa Carlyle to play a completely under-utilized Psylocke. Vanessa Carlyle who apparently got way more screen time, dialogue, and characterization, with plenty of possibility of returning (either as a humie or Copycat).

kek.
>>
>>82985255
they will use her for X Force
>>
>>82979500
I kinda agree on DoFP. In the end, ignoring QS' scene, the only thing I really enjoyed were the scenes with the old cast. And I think in the end that's the biggest merit of the movie and the reason it was praised, nothing similar was ever done before in capeshit

Hell, in some aspects Singer comes as immature with the franchise, for the lack of a better word. What good reason did Charles have to walk again other than to allow Singer to "actually" cripple him?
>>
>>82984508
But I didn't care about her fight scene at all precisely because of that lack character.

Like why did she just go with along with the plan to destroy the world?

Apocalypse just fucking shows up, makes her energy blade a little bigger and BOOM suddenly she's down with the mass killing of anyone she's ever known with barely one line of dialogue.

she then spends the rest of the movie just standing there, showing off her tits, before a final battle which, apart from the Professor v Apocalypse mind battle, is pretty bad in the first place.
>>
>>82985255
She probably had more lines but she's such a horrible actress they probably had to cut most of her dialog. I work in post-production as an editor and this happens all the time.
>>
>>82984992
Besides looking cool, it makes no sense why Apocalypse would give her a boob window leotard
>>
will this movie even beat civil war opening weekend (civil war's fourth weekend) in the states? people aren't talking about apocalypse at all leading up to it.

yes, i'm exaggerating. civil war will obviously have diminishing returns. but i still have my doubts as to whether x-men will snag first place its opening weekend. hell, the nice guys is having crazy word-of-mouth and might just be a second-weekend sleeper hit.
>>
>>82973158
He still does more interesting things and his scene is longer than anyone else in the movie except maybe Quicksilver and Nightcrawler.

Magneto magnetoing it up with swirling metal particles flying everywhere while he floats in the air doesn't really count, imo.
>>
>>82985369
same anon here. oh don't get me wrong, baccarin was such a better choice, she should have been fox's first choice. she made vanessa fiery and fun. (really dunno why i don't see her come up in all the waifu fights)
>>
File: 1460606140992.jpg (291 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1460606140992.jpg
291 KB, 1280x1440
I can forgive everything but the GOD. DAMN. BLACK. LEATHER. OUTFITS.

Singer, what the FUCK are you doing
>>
>>82985407
seeing as how reviews dictate everything in the box office and its up against that godawful Alice sequel that no one wants that's also got bad reviews, it might edge out CW by a small margin
>>
>>82977868
no
>>
>>82985356
>But I didn't care about her fight scene at all precisely because of that lack character.

She's a glorified henchman, who was good for what she was there to do: fight for Apocalypse in few neat fight scenes. Since when do you need to have motivation in order to enjoy such characters to fight? She was a two bit bodyguard who got charmed to serve Pockylips because he promised her a leg up with bigger powers and status in life, plus there clearly was some low level of mind control involved with the recruitment of the horsemen.
>>
anyone know who those four horsemen En Sabah Nur had in the Egypt opening? I think I saw a beast man and a Storm lookalike
>>
>>82985432
"Look guys! Flightsuits."
>>
What kind of power usage do we see in this movie?
>>
>>82985432
they literally put on some Weapon X flight suits they find before going to Egypt. They don't have any official suits because a) half of them are kids and b) X-men haven't existed for a good decade, nobody has costumes ready, and then the movie literally ends with everyone in colorful costumes, cool your autism.
>>
so those kids Storm was looking after are dead right?
>>
>>82985375
Cape costumes are at their best when they don't make sense anyway.
>>
>>82985524
As in huge feats?
One of Apocalypse's former horsemen protecting him like a boss while a pyramid colapses on top of them.
Quicksilver emptying the entire X-mansion before it blows up.
Magneto nearly ripping the earth apart.
Apocalypse tanking pretty much all the X-men can throw at him.
Jean unleashing a fragment of the Phoenix Force to overwhelm Apocalypse.
>>
>>82980279

Not enough shaky cam/10
>>
>>82985464
>godawful Alice sequel that no one wants
That's what I thought too. Shows what I know, apparently.

But at least I now know not to go watch the sequel. The first one it was "The trailers look really bad but idk, maybe it'll be good".
>>
File: =.jpg (58 KB, 630x479) Image search: [Google]
=.jpg
58 KB, 630x479
>>82985648
Cool!
>>
>>82985524
Magneto decimates Auschwitz and causes world wide destruction with his magnetism that rips buildings apart, Apocalypse disintegrates Kairo with his powers and then uses the city as a building block to build a giant Pyramid, Nightcrawler bamfs all over the place while grapling with Angel which is pretty neat but brief sequence, Angel gets trapped in rubble but uses his razor wings to spin and break free which was pretty cool, Jean goes full Pheonix, Apocalypse slaps Xavier around in psychic realm fight, Psylocke creates a psychic lasso at one point and almost garrotes Beast to death, Quicksilver evacuates the entire mansion just as it is blowing up to the tune of Eurorhytmics' "Sweet dreams are made of this" just after Havok blows up Cerebro. Oh and Jubilee is cute, CUTE! in every second of her small screen time, Plus Wolverine snikts bazillion bubs in Weapon X facility during a rampage while he escapes, wearing his classic Weapon X garb.
>>
>>82985375
Uh, he's from Ancient Egypt. People showed a lot of skin in those days.
>>
Is this the most deaths so far in a cape flick?
Cairo had about 6,8 million inhabitants in 1980 which are all dead, and Magneto has got to have killed at least a few million people when he ripped apart all the cities on earth.
>>
>>82980279
That kind of bugs me.
I like my Apocalypse to not be a foe you can beat with brute strength. Sure, he wins but that beating doesn't make him look good.
>>
>>82985783
That beating did literally nothing to him.
>>
>>82985778
>Magneto has got to have killed at least a few million people when he ripped apart all the cities on earth
Yeah, but that one dude killed his family by accident, though.
>>
>>82980279
please tell me that he quips
>>
>>82985818
the only funny line he delivers is about living in a basement with his mom
>>
>>82985648

Rip qt Old Kindom horseman
>>
>>82985818
damn near every line he delivers is meant to be funny. there's maybe 1 or 2 that aren't quips or jokes.
>>
>>82985909
We didn't see much of them, but the old Horsemen were dope.
>>
>>82985522

Why didn't Mystique just morph herself a flightsuit?

She had to throw it off anyway to make any use of her powers in the final battle.
>>
File: vanessa.gif (1 MB, 586x205) Image search: [Google]
vanessa.gif
1 MB, 586x205
>>82985255
>So Olivia Munn turned down the role of Vanessa Carlyle

she would be a great Vanessa Carlyle, but after seeing Baccarin I can't imagine anyone else as Vanessa, she was GOAT. (t.b.h. I fell in love with her in that movie)
>>
File: 1366857112765.jpg (72 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1366857112765.jpg
72 KB, 320x320
>>82970916
She watches Return of the Jedi with Jean, Scott and Nightcrawler, and talk about how Empire was a lot better and conclude that the 3rd movie in trilogies are always the worst
>>
File: 13030169-1600-1074.jpg (251 KB, 700x470) Image search: [Google]
13030169-1600-1074.jpg
251 KB, 700x470
>>82986095
Oh and Nightcrawler in that scene was basically wearing Michael Jackson's outfit from Thriller
>>
>>82985778
Why was baldy OK with letting him go?

>Yeah, but that one dude killed his family by accident, though.

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?

Man that scene got laughs from people.
>>
I really wish they didn't give Angel that fucking mohawk. Also what the fuck was he doing in Germany?
>>
>>82984650
>Arguably the second best X-men movie after X2.

You are insane, this was bad. Even Batman vs Superman had the decency to fail spectacularly.
>>
File: der-himmel-uber-berlin-original.jpg (61 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
der-himmel-uber-berlin-original.jpg
61 KB, 1600x900
>>82986248
obscure references lol
>>
>>82986254
It was decent, unlike most other X films.
>>
So, Sweet Dreams or Time in a Bottle?
>>
>>82977709
Yeah. This. Enjoyed X1, X2, FC and DOFP, but this... This is the X3 to the non-numbered titles. It's zimbabwe chicken.
>>
>>82986290
It was 4/10 max. It had too many dumb plot points and that cheesy moment when magneto makes the x-men sign with metal bars.
>>
>>82986294
>Time in a Bottle?
Definitely.

They pretty much just repeated the same joke in Apocalypse
>>
How did Havok fare?
>>
>>82986342
He dies like a scrub
>>
What I want to know is where the fuck is Wanda. Pietro says Magneto left before he was born, but he still has a little sister. Meanwhile, Magneto has another daughter somewhere in Poland.
>>
They made Magneto OP.
>>
>>82986353
I was expecting him to die, but damn.
>>
>>82986360
"All shall be revealed"
>>
>>82986342
He accidentally the entire mansion.
>>
>>82985356
Professor v Apocalypse was fucking awful.
>UNLEASH YOUR POWER
Really horribly cheesy.
>>
Did Deadpool have a cameo or a larger role in the story?
>>
>>82986325
>cheesy

Fuck you, that was glorious
>>
How terrible was Lawrence as Mystique this time around?
>>
>>82986947
He saves the day by punching Apocalypse in the nuts
>>
>>82986989
She's pretty much blue Hunger Games in this one.
>>
>>82987061
Don't forget the part where he ate that shawarma.
>>
>>82987113
Through his mask? Sounds messy.
>>
>>82986989
surprisingly inoffensive, occasionally she is a bit annoying but not as much as one would have assumed based on the trailers
>>
File: 1ncredibles.jpg (147 KB, 666x1392) Image search: [Google]
1ncredibles.jpg
147 KB, 666x1392
>killing havoc
>jubilee doing fuck all
>CGI out the ass
>no budget for adding gun wounds on wolverine
>magneto and jean putting a mansion together like fucking lego
>letting magneto go after murdering millions of people

2/5 only because of based quicksilver
>>
>>82986989
Basically Katniss since other scenes depict her as "the hero the other teens want to be".
>>
>>82987182
To be fair Storm was an accomplice to the murders as well.
>>
>>82987182
technically speaking, you don't see anybody dying in the ensuing cataclysm that Magneto creates. Plus he ultimately helps them save the day so they're even.
>>
>>82987211
She was in the cool kids group, yeah, but she killed no one.
>>
File: I have seen the greatness.jpg (314 KB, 1050x838) Image search: [Google]
I have seen the greatness.jpg
314 KB, 1050x838
Just got home from watching it. It was a pretty enjoyable ride, but there were a couple of cons that I noticed

Eric being let off too easy
Jean having very little build up to her Phoenix attack
Mystique stealing all the leadership roles leaving Scott to be a bit underwhelming
Wolverine being horribly lacking in blood, even bloodsplats on walls. They can decapitate heads with sand but they can't show fluids
Jubilee being more fanservice despite being with the main X-Men characters

And the mansion rebuild reminded me of Negasonic's sarcasm to Colossus. I did like Apocalypse a bit more as a villain compared to the others, even if he was plain. 7/10.
>>
>>82986986
No, fuck you, even my retard friend that like this kind of shlock thought it was cheesy.
>>
>>82987247
Come on now, you skyscrapers collapsing in big cities all over the world. There would be enough bullshit collapsing, crushing and dropping people from heights to kill more than enough.
>>
>>82971701
Well, that fucking blows.
>>
>>82986914
yeah but at least it wasn't generic, dragon ball z-esque energy blasts. it was the only part of the climax that wasn't boring as fuck.
>>
File: drink.jpg (48 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
drink.jpg
48 KB, 344x345
Wolverine origins still best movie with the fight from X2 against lady deathstrike still being the most memorable.
>>
>>82986914
>>82987305
I did enjoy the fight, but I'll admit I was already laughing when Jean entered the hall with full make up
>>
>>82987319
>Wolverine origins still best movie
Are you sure you watched it.
>>
At least it was better than batman v superman, r-right?
>>
>>82986989
I found her pretty obnoxious, not only because she was basically katnis as others have said, but also because nearly every piece of dialogue she delivered was meant to be "epic".

Anytime some characters were having problems they'd just look at J-law, and she'd give them some clunky line about believing in them selves/not limiting their power/fighting for family and suddenly everything's good.
>>
File: 1461695038401.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1461695038401.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
>>82987319
>Wolverine origins still best movie
>>
>>82987352
Ending is shit yeah, but the rest is beautiful.
>>
>>82987357
You realize you've been tricked by the big Disney marketing machine? They're terrified of what DC can do to their plans and have thrown everything they have to destroy the reputation of this cinematic marvel.
>>
>>82987357
Yes.
>>
>>82987357
Actually yes.

Though that's because the movie was a sequel and had build up for its characters. BvS was indeed a sequel as well but treated Superman far worse.
>>
>>82987369
>beautiful
Dude, c'mon, it was a series of disconnected fights.
>Hey I'm Wolverine be my sidekick for three seconds
>Okay mon ami agh I have to stay back for whatever reason
>Sure whatever hey I'm Wolverine be my sidekick for three seconds
>>
>>82987406
Origins is probably one of my few guilty pleasures, right next to Daredevil Director's Cut and Transformers 3. Though it did a fuck ton in jacking up the timeline to the point where both the Deadpool line and the current line likes to pretend that it never happened.
>>
Just thought of the wolverine nippon movie.
>silver samurai cuts bub's claws off
>fuck yeah brass knuckles
>bone claws grow back out
He can retract the claws but if he tries to put them back out he will have to force those brass knuckles back out with them, scraping muscle along the way.
Now that must fucking hurt and slow down the process.
>>
>>82987467
I was already wincing when they cut off his bones.
>>
>>82970236
how many dicks did Olivia Munn suck to get cast? I find that repulsive PETA spewing vegan carcinogenic to my eyes
>>
>>82987467
>but if he tries to put them back out he will have to force those brass knuckles back out with them, scraping muscle along the way.
>Now that must fucking hurt and slow down the process.

>Implying pushing lumpy bone spikes out doesn't hurt
>>
>>82987502
Whenever I saw Psylocke I kept on imagining Wonder Woman from BvS
>>
File: 1417842731400.jpg (146 KB, 1002x960) Image search: [Google]
1417842731400.jpg
146 KB, 1002x960
>>82987503
At least they're somewhat smooth and needle shaped, designed to come out fast.
Having that clean-cut metal stuck in the back would be like trying to drive with the handbrake pulled.
>>
>>82970236
How does exactly Angel die? I read on Wikipedia that he was "horribly mutilated" even though that part was edited out. So is it ambiguous or it's clear that he is dead?
>>
>>82987698
gang saved charles, tries to escape with the plane thing, angel and bitchblade catches up so the team decides to crash the plane
with no survivors
>>
>>82987745
Wait, every source says that Psylocke survives.
>>
>>82987802
She gets off the plane and stabs her psychic blade into a building to slow her fall. We see her sneak off ominously after the fight.
>>
>>82987802
She did, as she was on top of the plane and could jump off and land safely thanks to fairy dust and unicorn tears.
Angel was inside the plane.
>>
>>82987825
>>82987836
Fuck. Guess, that means we will never get a true Archangel.

How does Havok die? I know he blows up Cerebro but why can't QS save him?
>>
>>82987877
He's pretty much standing at the center of the blast. He was dead by the time Quicksilver was aware of it.
>>
>>82970236
why did you waste your money on a ticket to a shit film?
>>
>>82987877
He was already in the flames, so he didn't notice him
>>
File: 2016-01-04_00001.jpg (31 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_00001.jpg
31 KB, 408x408
>>82987914
Because I didn't and used a gift card.
>>
>>82987914
It wasn't really shit. Just entertaining but stretched duration. I enjoyed it more than ASM2.
>>
>>82987877
Outside of not being blue he was pretty much archangel.
>>
>>82987954
I don't think he was even mentioned as Archangel. Just Angel.
>>
>>82987914
I don't consider it a waste, I had a blast, it was like slipping into comfy pajamas.
>>
>>82987954
I don't mind the color, we had enough blue in the movie. I'm just disappointed he won't return. I like the basics of his storyline and think there is potential to him.

Was the actor any good?
>>
>>82987976
semantics, dude had metal wings that shit knives thanks to ol' En Sabah Nur.
>>
>>82988011
I know, but it would've been nice for a namedrop. Not a lot of the other older X-Films had namedrops for the other mutants.
>>
I don't think it's outright shit like some are saying. Just when you compare it to the last movie in the series (DoFP) and the most recent comic book movie (Civil War), it's extremely underwhelming.

The everything up to the school blowing up is actually good. Just afterwards it all goes rapidly downhill with the constant recycling of ideas we've seen in previous movies. There's nothing new or original per-say.
>>
File: 20160518195309_1.jpg (428 KB, 600x752) Image search: [Google]
20160518195309_1.jpg
428 KB, 600x752
Is he gonna be a good new wolverine?
>>
>>82988066
It's basically Wolverine 2. Great start, underwhelming end but overall not complete horseshit.
>>
>>82980279
Flashy fight,,,, we anime now ...
>>
>>82988143
Nah, I'd rather Laura or Daken.
>>
>>82986294
>Sweet Dreams, didn't expect it and the entire sequence reminded me of 300 coffees
>>
>>82986989
she has less screen then other two movie
>>
how's apoc
>>
>>82988554
Not much uniqueness. His character is mostly what you've seen from the trailers.

He does have more dialogue than one would expect.
>>
How do they put Quicksilver on a bus so that he doesn't solve every problem in the movie?
>>
>>82988757
He explained to them that despite his powers, he was a lazy basement neet. He did save a lot of people during one of the scenes but when it came to fighting apocalypse, he couldn't do any damage despite making him spin around in mid air (and Apocalypse decided to break his leg afterwards).

He didn't fight the four horsemen as he was busy convincing Magneto to turn away.
>>
>>82988757
He does solve a few things, he arrives as the mansion is exploding and evacuates every student in about a second
He tries to rush Sabah, beats him around a bit which does nothing and then get's his leg snapped
>>
>>82988848
I love it when everything is in slow motion he still moves in highspeed.
>>
>>82988836
The X-men movies has so many OP characters, that they have to find contrived and/or stupid ways of depowering them.

Like the electromagnetic shield.
>>
Magnetos family's death was lame as fuck
>guy accidentally lets go of arrow
>it goes with enough force to go through his daughter and hit his wife killing them both
Why the fuck was the guy even aiming at them anyway
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.