[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Future of Fox's X-Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 748x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 748x380
So now that the dust has settled, and X-Men Apocalpse has officially bombed and flopped.

What will happen to to the future of Fox's X-Men now that people are getting tired?

Will they reboot the franchise? Will they make a deal with Marvel Studios and have Wolverine show up at Infinity War? Will JLaw Mystique get her own movie?
>>
>>82961409
Get their villains, Deadpool and Wolverine to MCU.
Oh, and babes.
>>
The executives are going to look at what Deadpool did well, and what Apocalypse did poorly, and completely miss the point with their next movie.
>>
>>82961409
They should just give the rights back to Marvel already.
>>
>>82961485
Yup, sounds about right
>>
>>82962172
Never going to happen, Fox is not Sony.
Never should happen either.
>>
>>82962501
Yeah. Marvel's table is full.

Maybe the Fantastic Four would fare better there, but the X-Men never really even worked well in the comics alongside the Avengers for example.

It has great potential, but not in the MCU. Certainly not at FOX, but there it won't ruin the other stuff.
>>
>>82961485
This.

They didn't learn their lessons the last two, three, four flops... why the fuck would anyone think they'd learn their lesson this time?
>>
File: 1396378090002.png (192 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1396378090002.png
192 KB, 500x500
>>82961409

>bombed and flopped
>Movie isn't out yet
>>
>>82962501
>Never going to happen
It will if their movies keep bombing.

I predict Deadpool's novelty will weigh thin quickly. Expect Deadpool 2 to bomb.
>>
>>82961409
First they need to finish their current universe: Deadpool II, Wolverine III and one last X-men movie. After that all doors are open and I have no idea what could happen
>>
>>82961409
Man, Days of Future Past was great, what the fuck happened?
>>
>>82962501
Sony haven't given the rights back on Spider-Man, they've gone into partnership.

FOX has to continue making a sequel every couple of years or a fresh sequence within 10 years of the original (which has now passed, ie, they can only really make sequels from this point on, unless they want to outright reboot within 5 years) to retain the rights to X-Men.

They could also make a tv show, which may or may not have to be within the same continuity. Certainly the first movie they made was definitely not in the same continuity as the first tv attempt they made (which was in 1996). So in theory they could continue the rights for an indefinite period, but that's dependent on people continuing to want it - with tv that's much less certain than with an established movie sequence. The problem is one of investment capital - if they choose to continue sinking money into movies that don't sell well enough to justify the investment, they're losing money compared to where they should be if they'd invested more wisely. This is an important consideration; nobody wants a situation where you're retaining rights just because someone else can make them work consistently, even though you can't. With tv it's a similar prospect; sure the investment is lower even over a whole season, but the number of new shows that fail is non-trivial and you may not make your money back even with established properties.

So I wouldn't say never, and I would advise that FOX has let rights slip recently - Daredevil going back was down to them having no idea of how to reboot it and make money - and will almost certainly do so again. I would guess they'd try and sell them back, though - the way that Sony sold back Ghost Rider after the second movie flopped. Again, it's a question of recouping that investment cost, not just from one movie but whole-life on the rights, including development work that leads nowhere.
>>
>>82962653
>Movie isn't out yet

WTF? What kind of 3rd world shithole are you posting from?
>>
>>82962653
Dude, it has a rotten on RT with no signs that it will end up fresh, people are already on the fence for this thing which will make them not want to watch.
>>
>>82962653

It isn't out in the States, but that doesn't matter when China is the biggest market for this shit
>>
>>82962716
This movie happened, I remember how great the ending of DoFP was because in the final scene we bring closure to the whole franchise by showing Wolverine in a happy future with everyone alive and well...then we got the fucking Apocalypse stinger in the mid-credits and shat over that beautiful ending,this movie was destined to fail.
Saw it last night, really disappointing movie
>>
>>82962841
Is china getting a release on the same day as the Alice sequel? if so the X-men are fucked
>>
>>82962716

Fox decided to cash in on "big bad super powerful villain" before DC and Disney did, and of course it isn't paying off
>>
>>82961409
I hope Wolverine 3 is set in a semi-standalone universe that Wolverine 2 seems to exist in.

Also didn't Magneto commit genocide at the end of the film? And Baldy doesn't seem to give a shit about it?
>>
>>82962841
china doesn't even get the film till june, they actually are the last to get it
>>
MCU would need a reboot to fit in the X-Men. Not happening anytime soon.
>>
>>82962746

>they could also make a TV show

They've been working on some, Hellfire being a thing a think. However FOX only has the film rights to X-Men, and any TV projects need to be approved and supervised by Marvel
>>
>>82962653
It's got a worse RT than MoS and ASM2
>>
How can people actually want the X-Men in Marvel movies? Are they mindless about their loyalty to that "cinematic universe"? Do they realize how problematic they are? Having them on their own is the best thing that could happen.
>>
>>82961409

They're already planning Deadpool 2, X-Force, and Dark Phoenix saga movie

this shit will never go away

Fox and WB/DC are just cancer forming right in my gut, eating me from inside
>>
>>82963106

>RT score means movies can't make money

I understand that cape films have reached a point where bad word of mouth is the first, and sometimes last, nail in the coffin (of course big expectations to keep a shared universe going mean a movie will almost always underperform big time if they fuck up) but usually with most other movies they can get fucked sideways on RT and still make some dosh
>>
>>82962746
>They could also make a tv show,

They could make a TV show but they need to get Marvel's approval to do it. Fox has far more control on getting a film made, though.
>>
>>82963106
So what? The Transformers movies get some of the worst scores ever on that site and are some of the higuest grossing movies in the world.
RT doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>82963153
>being this much of a Disneykid
>>
>>82962849
>This movie happened, I remember how great the ending of DoFP was because in the final scene we bring closure to the whole franchise by showing Wolverine in a happy future with everyone alive and well...then we got the fucking Apocalypse stinger in the mid-credits and shat over that beautiful ending,this movie was destined to fail.

This. x1000 this.

DOFP was the perfect ending point for the series and tied things up together nicely. It's basically become a jumping off point for all the fans of the franchise that began with the original X-men back in 2000.
>>
File: Jubilee.png (480 KB, 409x611) Image search: [Google]
Jubilee.png
480 KB, 409x611
;_;
>>
>>82963153
*Fox and WB/DC are making much better films than Disney
>>
>>82962172
I swear Disney is paying people to say "sell back the rights" at this point.

Quite insidious, get the fandom to believe that the only way to see improved X-men/FF/Spider-man movies is for the rights to come back to them.
>>
Can someone give me some spoilers? I legit don't care enough to watch it.
>>
Sorry but the movie is doing 700m with a way lower budget than BvS and CW. Its not tanking and you are not getting rights back.

Nice console war thread btw.
>>
>>82963153
And Disney is not? 13 movies and the only thing they can show is TWS and "colorful costume adaptations".

The 3 are shit but for different reasons.
>>
>>82963354
Iron Man 1 is the only "great" MCU movie. TWS is only above average.

The first Iron Man is TDK tier.
>>
>>82961409
>X-men Apocalypse is out
What?
>and it bombed
Probably.
>>
>>82963318

>implying Fox would sell back the rights anyway

Also why the fuck would you want that? Quality aside, the X-Men work better in their own universe. Plus trying to shoehorn mutants into the MCU? I don't think that would work out well
>>
Marvel has reached a point where even if one of their movies gets banged up by critics it will still make a ton of money. It's more of a branding thing, and a goldmine at that.
>>
>>82961409

It hasn't bombed and flopped yet.

The Transformers movies are universally shat out by critics, but they still make assloads of money.
>>
>>82963543

I only want the rights back so Marvel can stop excluding the Xmen and F4 from games.
>>
>>82961439
>GIVE IT TO MARVEL!!!

Fucking stop.
>>
>>82961409

>"cliched villain"
>everything else is quite fresh

so the MCU gives whole movies which are generic and that's alright? seriousy, these reviewers are biased towards every single movie that isn't "MUH QUIPS" and "MUH MCU". fuck this shit
>>
>>82963829
Just ignore "critics", man.
>TFA 92%
J O K E P R O F F E S I O N
>>
>>82963870

there are no real critics anymore. there are only haters and fanboys so it seems who think their opinion is supposed to count as a professional one

the saddest part is that a collective of these stupid-ass people form box office success with their stupid-ass opinions
>>
>>82963975
>>82963870
>>82963829

I suppose DoFP and First Class don't count. Jesus you guys are insane.
>>
>>82964278
>DoFP and First Class
Critics are retarded.
FC was middling and while DoFP was anazing, it only got the ratings it did due to nostalgiabaiting critics.
>>
>>82962172
>>82963153
>>82961439

Are Disneydrones 12 years old or just simply stupid fanboys?
Every thread is filled with those idiots who can't think outside of MUHVEL and MUH QUIPS

They are not giving the rights back, they don't need to, fuck off.
>>
>>82962172
THIS
H
I
S

They belong with Marvel Studios
>>
>>82963312
Jubilee is only in it for 30 seconds (had to make room for more JLaw).

Magneto's wife has more lines than Psylocke (psy has two lines). Magneto pulls a Vader NNNNOOOOOOO when she dies. Turns evil (again). Instantly forgiven for killing billions of people at end of movie.

JLaw is bored and shows in her performance. Mystique is the savior of mutant kind and the biggest hero ever.

Wolverine cameo ignores ending of DoFP.

Monuments destroyed.

Phoenix jean kills Apocalpse

Mister sinister end credits stinger
>>
>>82963720
Fox has had eight chances to make a good X-Men movie and continue to fuck it up. Every movie is "don't worry, te next movie will be the REAL X-Men movie. We promise!". Fuck Fox.
Give X-Men to someone who actually knows how to make movies (like Marvel Studios).
>>
>>82965467
you are forgeting that deadpool saved the x-franchise
>>
>>82965495
Ironically the only involvement Fox had in that was just making the budget reduced.
>>
>>82961485
This. The next X-Men movie will be over the top violent with lots of swearing and sex, but it won't be clever and it won't fit tonally.
>>
>>82965467
terrible godawful bait
>>
Let the guy who did Deadpool make the X-Men movies, Colossus and that teenage grils are better in Deadpool movie than any mutie in the Synger movies.
>>
>>82965546
It's not bait of it is True, Foxshill
>>
I honestly don't understand the backlash, it's not 10/10, but certainly fun to watch with plenty of humor and the teen cast plays the most important part in the plot and they're all great.
>>
>>82965836
>fun
gross
>>
Haven't watched it but probably won't.

I remember the commercials being on TNT during NBA playoff basketball, I was only half-watching but I had to stop because JLaw's "You're not students anymore" line was delivered so blandly that I had to stop and marvel at just how uncompelling her acting is.
>>
Keep X-men away. Let fox keep them for eternity for all I care.

But Bring F4.
>>
>>82961409
>flop
>on a memorial day weekend

your marveldrone is showing

at worst it will barely edge out Alice 2
>>
>>82965836
The whole thing is just tedious. It's like a worst of compilation of the other movies.

Oh, a bad guy plans to use Xaviers mind powers against the world...again.

Magneto's standing with the good guys and bad guys is tenuous...again.

The X mansion gets attacked...again.

Stryker has a plan focused on capturing mutants...again.

Mystique isn't sure of what she wants out of life...AGAIN!
>>
>>82961409
Soft reboot their continuity into *current year* with re-cast Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Wolverine, Gambit and Rogue. Have them fight Bastion.

They need to give the lead role to a character that can take criticism, and let Magneto rest the antagonic role at least once.
>>
>>82965836
>the teen cast plays the most important part in the plot and they're all great.
How to spot a paid Foxshill, ladies and gents.
He spreads lies about his boss's movie to make it seem better than it really is.
The Foxshill lies an says the focus of the movie is on JLaw, Magneto, and Prof X. The only Xkid who does anything really important is Jean Grey (and only does so as to set up the Phoenix for the sequel). The rest of the kids are poorly developed and hardly do anything cool (Jubilee was cut from the movie to make way for more JLaw and only has a few seconds of screentime).

Hopefully, if Deadpool 2 bombs, Marvel will get the rights back.
>>
>>82966069
>Edging out the billion dollar baby.

I'll take unlikely, for 400.
>>
>>82962746
Actually in the email leak Marvel gets full rights for spidey by 2020 or something like that in exchange for 12billion over time
>>
>>82966105
Marvel won't do shit with the X-men, they've been hating on them so hard these past years their judgement will be clouded by vile by the time they get them back.
This is not Spidey who they love and cherish despite how much they have to make him suffer. This is the franchise they've tried to divorce from the main line forever but haven't because they made shitloads of money and are Stan Lee's only genuine brainchildren.
>>
>>82966301

Eh, X-Men work better as their own universe honestly.
>>
>>82966301
Not expecting marvel to go all out to shame fox by making real X-men movie
>>
>>82966078
Repeating old tropes is what X-men is all about.
>>
File: tv-experts.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tv-experts.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>82961409
>So now that the dust has settled, and X-Men Apocalpse has officially bombed and flopped.

fuck off you retard.
>>
File: 1463699315524.gif (2 MB, 492x276) Image search: [Google]
1463699315524.gif
2 MB, 492x276
Quicksilver shitty camrip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmg8jCaOPs
>>
>>82961409
>An X-Men movie sucks
Was anyone surprised? The last good one was X-2
>>
>>82966461
*DoFP
>>
>>82963304
Beyond Dark Knight nearly every other comic book movie outside Marvel has done bad. If you're not able to understand this then you're not a intelligent person. Which explains why you started throwing age around, you're either a publicly educated american (peasant) or you're underage. Chances are still someone whose folks didn't give two shits about your education.
>>
>>82961409
i see Disney's plan is working
>>
>>82966497
terrible opinions bud
>>
>>82966478
>quicksilver is so overpowered he makes the rest of the movie pointless
You can't help all the people like this guys. Some people are just idiots.
>>
>>82966382
You mean Inhumans.
>>
The only one that felt truly X-men like to me was First Class. It was why I was so mad Singer came back.

He does a cool sequence and I'm left bored because I can't give a fuck about any character in the story.
>>
Magneto would ruin the value of Vibranium technology and Iron Man.
>>
>>82966520
No opinions needed. Other than Dark Knight, Marvel, and Watchmen none of the other hero movies have done well. Those are facts.

USA public education system is rated as one of the worse. Which explains people like yourself who are unable to tell the difference between facts and opinions.

Don't worry next you're going to be like Sheldon's Mom and say that's just my opinion. Which only furthers my point.
>>
as a Marvel kino fan, FUCK THE X-MEN

they literally add nothing, hardly any of them have origin stories

>i woke up like this

Pulverine steals all the spotlight despite being utter shit

People say Tony steals the spot light in the MCU but to be honest it's pretty fair, at least everyone else gets their own films or are major characters in multiple films, can you imagine a fox x-men film where cyclops beats wolverine like cap beat iron man?

Pullverine is Batman tier in that 9/10 x-men related things are about him

sick of those faggots, fox can keep them
>>
>>82966550
Yeah, he was a plot breaker.
>>
Best thing Fox can do is make the next X-Men more like Deadpool by making it X-Force instead.
You get:
>Violence, sex and drugs
>Deadpool in a team movie
>Loli Wolverine
>>
>>82966105
It's true that Jubilee does very little but Scott, Jean and Kurt all have plenty of weight in terms of plot, and they're absolutely adorable.

While it is pretty annoying that Jlaw is basically made into Mother Teresa meets Ghandi in terms of influence to mutantkind, they do at least use it intelligently, the only real shitty part is how she's basically the team leader giving pep talks the entire time and only stays blue for like five minutes worth of screen time.

In terms if fan service, the best part is either Sniktbub going on a mini rampage in full Weapon X outfit, with the batteries and modified helmet, or when Scott turns on his classic Cyclops visor in the danger room ending scene.
>>
>>82966425

this looks cheap yet fun as fuck.
>>
>>82966680
He totally steals the movie once again.
>>
>>82961409
If you thought DoFP was good you deserved this pile of shit. Such a clusterfuck of a movie
>>
>>82961409

How about you wait for people to actually see it?

Frankly, they should let other people direct.

Vaughn did decently with First Class, and honestly, so did Mangold with The Wolverine.

Though since Fox execs are the ones that push for certain recurring flaws in the franchise, they might never completely escape them.

Deadpool got lucky.

Depending on what happens to Deadpool 2, there might be a future for them yet, if they learn not to meddle too much.
>>
>>82966813
>Singer is bad
newfag opinion
>>
>>82966888
He is bad. Vaughn is better. The Russos are better. Singer and Snyder are shit.
>>
>>82966888
Vaughn was leagues better.
>>
File: original.jpg (49 KB, 427x594) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
49 KB, 427x594
Guess who's directing the next X-men movie.
>>
>>82961439

Fuck off. Marvel doesn't need mutants.
>>
>>82966954
>>82966888
I'd say he's workmanlike.

He hasn't made anything truly great since The Usual Suspects. And that I suspect has more to do with Christopher McQuarry's script than his direction.
>>
Maybe they should drop Mystique as a main character and go back to focusing the actual X-men? Just stop pandering to the feminists who insist on having the female lead.
>>
>>82961439
They need f4.

X-men can stay where they are. Except maybe buy off the rights for the Imperial Guard/Shi'ar since we'll Never get bird hair otherwise.
>>
>>82962716

A thing I've seen mentioned that really bums me is that the movie aparently doesn't do anything interesting being set in the 80s.

Whatever flaws they had, FC and DOFP took advantage of their time frames.
>>
>>82967106
>A thing I've seen mentioned that really bums me is that the movie aparently doesn't do anything interesting being set in the 80s.

The mall stuff got cut from the theatrical telease.
>>
>>82966954
>>82966990
Vaughn's campy aethetic diesn't work with the X-Men. Also, he is a shit actor director. The scene with Mags moving the dish is really poorly acted, and he is usually a good actor.
>>
>>82967106
The movie doesn't even acknowledge the passage of time since First Class. Characters look exactly the same even though it's been years and the relative age that should exist between characters is ignored.
>>
File: 1463067612752.jpg (33 KB, 221x237) Image search: [Google]
1463067612752.jpg
33 KB, 221x237
>>82963870
>TFA
>bad
>Not the most universally welcome 7/10 ever.

Go back to your containment board /tv/
>>
>>82963259

That's really the problem.

They attempted a soft reboot with FC, but then decided to mix timelines in DOFP.

While this worked great, and gave closure to the fans of the originals, it really fucks up the narrative possibilities for the FC timeline going forward.

Magneto in particularly.

He's going to go on on more and more overt and outrageous genocidal attempts, and somehow we're supposed to still believe there's good in him and he can see the light down the line.
>>
>>82961409
How can it bomb/flop when it's not even out yet?

>Will they reboot the franchise?
No.

>Will they make a deal with Marvel Studios and have Wolverine show up at Infinity War?
Lol no.

Will JLaw Mystique get her own movie?
God I hope not.

At best it will probably put more pressure on Singer to make Phoenix better.
>>
>>82967276
get some taste retard
>>
>>82965495
They were actively trying to ruin that movie until the director and the studio came to an agreement after the budget cut

The agreement being that the studio would leave the director and other staff the fuck alone
>>
>>82967328
Get an original opinion, shitlord :^)
>>
>>82966399
That's bad, though
>>
>>82965385

>Wolverine cameo ignores ending of DoFP.

This. Why the fuck bother showing Mystique be the one to recover Wolverine from the river, if he's going to end up becoming Weapon X anyway?
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 540x540
>>82967383
>original opinion
>liking LCD crap
>>
>>82965664

This really.

I'm sure the people behind that movie can do something more toned down, but still true to the setting and the characters.
>>
>>82967402
he can't be Wolverine without Weapon X
>>
>>82963720
>>82961439
>Fox forgets to tie it's shoes.
WELP! YOU DON'T DESERVE THOSE SHOES, BETTER GIVE THEM TO MARVEL!
>>
>>82965385
>Wolverine cameo ignores ending of DoFP.
That is pretty criminal seeing how it's the same director and only 2 years after DOFP.
>>
>>82965467
I don't even want them in the MCU because it would make everything a massive clusterfuck.
>>
>>82963072
>>82963233

No, FOX has the full rights and can make tv shows the same way that they make movies.

The approval/supervision thing is strictly speaking true but it's something they do on all their movies anyway, so it's not a big deal. It's just to make sure they don't do any pornos or cross it over with American Dad or whatever (because that would complicate the future rights situation - the assumption on all these leasing deals is that the property should come back at some point, and that it should be in good condition. It's a little like any rental agreement in that respect).

>>82966247
The email leak that happened before they agreed a deal? Yeah I'm sure that's still accurate.

Especially since the first Sony/Marvel Spider-Man movie isn't due until 2017, meaning the sequel can't happen until gosh 2019 probably later.

I don't doubt that they discussed it, but I wouldn't put any faith in the accuracy of those discussions to the final deal.
>>
>>82967206

I've heard they even have McAvoy lampshade how Moira hasn't aged a day.

WHY.jpeg
>>
>>82967496

Then why the fuck bother establishing new timelines?

Why have the scene with Mystique as Stryker at all?

They fucked up.
>>
>>82966638
>little but Scott, Jean and Kurt all have plenty of weight in terms of plot
They are all useless to the main plot except for Jean.
>and they're absolutely adorable
They are joyless and emo.

Just like Singer's other X-Men movies
>>
>>82968251
>They are joyless and emo.
>muh FUN
opinion discarded
>>
>>82961409
Reboot crossing Fantastic Four and X-Men.
>>
Come watch the superior film.

Civil War

swimelodeon.com
>>
>>82963153
Fucking hell, not Dark Phoenix saga again! Aren't there any other major X-Men story lines left to plunder?
>>
>>82965385
The worst part of Jubilee's role is that she was in the car coming back from Return of the Jedi with JG, Nightcrawler and Cyclops. Yet instead of hiding in the building's wreckage from Stryker like the other three, she somehow ends up being amongst those left behind and missing out on the second half of the film. They could've least made up some excuse as to why she stayed behind.

I found Psylocke's cleavage distracting. Also, my lore is failing me here, but isn't she supposed to be British?
>>
What did you colonials think of Sophie's American accent?
>>
>>82965697
But it's not true, Disney shill.
>>
File: wut.png (206 KB, 749x318) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
206 KB, 749x318
>>82962882
How tho?
>>
File: 1430583117563.jpg (8 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1430583117563.jpg
8 KB, 300x199
>>82961439

>Trusting Disney with Deadpool
>>
>>82966069
Last year's top Memorial Day Weekend gross was Tomorrowland, which finished on $200m worldwide.

Followed by Pitch Perfect 2 (about $280m) and Max Max: Fury Road (about $370m), and Poltergeist (about $90m) with the fifth spot headed up by Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1.4bn).

Of the top five grossing movies that weekend, Tomorrowland and Poltergeist were the only new releases.

Alice will probably do well, given how well the last one did; it's a classic story with a lot of appeal across different demos. I'm not completely convinced a movie about a mass murderer and the paramilitary team of children who have to stop him because a woman with an incredibly unconvincing Scottish accent woke him up will do that well on Memorial Day Weekend by comparison. It's not a question of tone, it's a question of themes.

>>82966078
It's a Shadow King movie rather than an Apocalypse movie, too. If you were hoping for some ridiculous power levels shit to introduce Cable and all the other crap they're promising... forget it.
>>
>>82969624
On 16 reviews XMA was down in the high 20s. That's going to pick up again.
>>
>>82968409
Their contracts with marvel forbid crossovers
>>
I wish mods would prune eany thread that starts with a rotten tomatoes pic this isnt /tv/ discussing cape movies is okay but bringing up movie rating website like this is fuckin awful
Tl; dr go back to /tv/
>>
>>82961409
So what happens if deadpool 2 and new mutants are both good?
>>
>>82971713
>go back to /tv/

Do I have to? They're all a bunch of antisocial /pol/ cast offs.
>>
>>82971764
In a competent company? Execs would realize taking the spotlight away from the main character dilutes the product and have a Cyclops centric movie instead of shoving fat cow and huge jackedman for pity points.

But this is Fox.
>>
>>82962172
We can only hope.
>>
>>82965467
>being this retarded
>>
>>82967089
Is this a joke? Even Scott gets more time and development than mystique and the movie is literally fan service: the movie.

There is nothing feminist in the movie. In fact some sjws are already complaining about all the tits and ass shots
>>
>>82972987
Feminazis would complain the scum manifiesto talks too much about men.
>>
>>82967585
>Fox forgets to tie it's shoes
>falls and kills a baby
>does this eight times
>"DON'T WORRY, WE'LL GET THESE SHOES RIGHT NEXT TIME, WE SWEAR"
>>
>>82974008
And yet doFPis higher rated than any other mcu prduct.

Uh what? You dont trust rt now?

Not being the movie you want doesnt nake them bad
>>
>>82961409
It's ironic, they had a scene where the crew leave Star Wars RotJ an they make a jab at X3 by saying the third movie is always the worst one. And X-Men Apocalypse is the worst one of the First Class saga (and third movie in the universe). It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>82966601
AVX
>>
>>82974008
They literally got it right with Deadpool with small shit like X-costumes & that was with a fraction of the budget. They'll fire Singer's pedo ass for him. He'll be the Russo to Singer's Whedon.
>>
>>82975556
I don't wanna pick on the X-Men movies too much cause I still like X2, FC, and DoFP, but the costume design has always been atrocious. This is so much better.
>>
File: 11000.png (105 KB, 246x275) Image search: [Google]
11000.png
105 KB, 246x275
>>82966577
>tfw I love First Class the most, even though DOFP is a better movie
>>
>>82975556
No, they'll blame Apocalypse's failure on not enough Magneto and JLaw. Next X-Men will have more Magneto and JLaw while Rightclops is pushed to the side (again). And they will bring back the """"""classic""""" black leather outfits because it worked for the old movie right?
At most, they will take from Deadpool that auidiences want more gore.
>>
>>82975704
DoFP made me angry with how much Magneto got away with and how petty and stupid he was.

Xavier's got no excuse for not turning his brain into a baked potato the first chance he gets.
>>
Nightcrawler was pretty good, I hope the kid can keep the role for future movies, it surprised me sincea he looked the worst from pics before the movies.
They use him a lot, in the same way Magik gets used a lot for her teleportation discs in the comics.
>>
>>82962548
>but the X-Men never really even worked well in the comics alongside the Avengers for example
An O5 X-character is literally one of the most beloved Avengers ever to be in the roster.
>>
>>82975788
>failure
Its a low budget movie with salaries not even close to whatever RDJ asked for CW. It probably does huge profits just at 600m.
>>
>>82975934
Magneto literally kills millions of people in this movie.

He gets away with it...again. The only thing I didnt like about the movie.
>>
>>82961409
Deadpool Cinematic Universe
>>
>>82974729
Why are you tripfagging, tripshit?
>>
>>82967276
>TFA isn't bad because I don't want it to be
Shut the fuck up. That movie was absolute garbage and you're being an apologist.
>>
>>82963674
What games?
>>
>>82976546
he posts on bleeding cool
>>
As much as I like Fassbender Im getting pretty fucking tired of seeing Magneto. Also forget that Marvel revert shit right now, because the X Men are fine where they are. Marvel should get F4 however
>>
>>82965530
>clever
>>
>>82963674
They could make a videogame universe with the rights they already have and probably get even more money and merchandising than they would get from the movies.

They just dont care. Marvel and Disney dropped the console games for mobile shit. Its not related at all with the Fox's rights.
>>
>>82976571
Yeah I only watch spacekino like Moon and Sunshine.
>>
File: 1463067515760.jpg (166 KB, 509x545) Image search: [Google]
1463067515760.jpg
166 KB, 509x545
>>82976571
It's not terrible anon, it never will be terrible.
>>
>>82963318
>Way lower budget
>$234 Million
>>
>>82963318
They can keep the X-Men.
I want the Fantastic 4.
>>
Is it me or does every X Men movie seem like a reboot now? I know DOFP was canonically one, but between First Class and Apocalypse's new cast it seems like shit never gets going
>>
>quicksilver saves every mutant in the school under one second
>stryker shows up and defeat him and the others like it was nothing with those guns
>>
>>82977443
I kind of miss MCU Quicksilver
>>
>>82977269
Considering RDJ charges 50m per movie and they have little marketing compared to Marvel, yes, 234m is cheap. Its on the lower end of blockbuster action movies.
>>
>>82966425
hey man, video's been FOX'd.
>>
It's kinda funny that Psylocke has her classic 90's look, and Apocalypse for the most part looks close to his comic counterpart, but the xmen themselves are still with the fucking black leather
>>
>>82977361
Well, Apocalypse seems like the first movie of a new trilogy rather than the last of the current one. At least they sort of tie up Magneto and Xavier trilogy arc.

>>82977443
He wasn't paying attention. And he is not perfect. He also got fucked hard by Apocalypse.

I wonder how the next villain will survive a Quicksilver attack. Apocalypse survived it and could counter attack because his powerlevel was insane, it literally took a cosmic entity and an Apocalypse powered Magneto to kill him. But anything less than an Apocalypse level mutant will get fucked good by Quicksilver if he goes savage as he went for the big blue guy.

I think they will go against Protheus or Phoenix because anything else, even Sinister would be raped by QS.
>>
>>82977639
Did we watch the same movie? They have some blue and gray armors from weapon X and none of it was leather.

At the end of the movie they get the classic suits and again, none of them is black.
>>
>>82977354
this. At this point the MCU has marched to far ahead to suddenly turn around and go; oh btw, mutants are a thing now, even though they were never mentioned and we already introduced the Inhumans, aka MutantsLite. I'm sure having shared custody of Spiderman alone is a headache enough, at this point they would probably tell FOX to go away if they approached them with mutants. I'm fine with the mutants having their own universe, feels alright tbqh
>>
>>82966371
this meme needs to die
>>
>>82977799
I actually agree with him. X Men has enough to work on its own.
>>
>>82977720
At most they might use Huge Jackedman as in he jumped universes through a portal just for this movie and at the end he goes back to his world.

Anything else than this is not happening. Ever.

They could still make X-men videogames and have their own videogame universe with all the franchises they dont have the movie rights.
>>
>>82977799
X-men are a cancer that ruin the marvel universe. You cant justify anymore people hating them but loving every other meta human.

And if they finally go past that then most of the X-characters will become useless and aimless like Scott, Xavier and Magneto if their universe didnt hate mutants.
>>
>>82977879
Hugh Jackman is not coming back after Wolverine 3.
>>
>>82977799
It's not a meme. Needing/Wanting dumb Cap/Wolverine banter is.

To think X-Men could have easily been wasted on these Disney cartoons and yet it wasn't...maybe there is a god.
>>
>>82977799
It's true tho. Like other anons have pointed out, its weird as fuck for the general public to love the shit out of heroes like the Fantastic Four, Spiderman and Daredevil whilst hating on the X-Men when they're really not that much weirder than the aforementioned heroes.
I mean c'mon Scott Summers, a totally normal dude who shoots punchbeams from his eyes is despised whilst the freak who can crawl silently into your bedroom and suffocate you with webbing in your sleep is celebrated by the general public? That shit makes zero sense

Also, it would give their adventures a bit more weight knowing that if they fuck up there's no SHIELD or Avengers team to save them and the world. It really raises the stakes when you think about it
>>
>>82961409
Watch it for yourself, anon. I did and I think it's pretty great.
>>
>>82977443
That's the great flaw in his character. as cool as his scenes are, they make it so the writers have to come up with more and more bullshit reasons why he can't defeat the threat by himself. For the sake of the narrative, he shouldn't exist!
>>
>>82978099
For the right amount of money and for the cameo on Avengers he always wanted he will. If Fox's let him of course. But thats the most you will get. A single character from the FOX universe jumping into the MCU universe for a single movie.

QS probably would fit better the MCU universe for a single dimensional traveling movie cameo.
>>
>>82978325
Except he goes full supersonic berserker on Apocalypse but he starts watching in super speed and rekts him hard.

The next villain will be an issue because he will either have to be a powerhouse like Apocalypse or just write QS off the fight.
>>
>>82963237
I think it does if people are already on the edge of wanting to see it. This movie is the third large-scale superhero movie in a very short period. A good score might have convinced people to see it, whereas normally they'd be tired of these kinds of movies for a while. But since it didn't get DoFP-tier reviews, it won't get that boost.

Transformers are usually considered terrible by audiences, but there isn't much competition in giant robot movies, so if someone wanted to see that kind of movie, they'd be more willing to see one that isn't really considered very good.
>>
>>82978199
If it was great then it wouldn't have a lower RT score than Man of Steel and The Amazing Spider-Man now would it, Paid Fox Employee?

Besides, why watch this trash when you could watch real Capekino like Captain America Civil War hmmm?
>>
>>82965530
Well in terms of patterns the next X-Men movie should be a 90s period piece.
So that'd fit tonally pretty perfectly desu.
>>
>>82978682
*The Amazing Spider-Man
>>
>>82978419
>QS's leg still hasn't recovered in the next movie

S O L V E D
O
L
V
E
D
>>
>the fight with the horseman last for like 3 minutes

They wasted most of the characters in the movie.
>>
>>82978419
https://a.pomf.cat/vnuffz.webm
>>
>>82978682
Because I already watched Civil War.

Why everything must be a console war for you mcudrone? When one of your shit comedies get released you make like 300 threads but god forbid we discuss this movie in a single and humble thread here. Not with the MCU police around!
>>
>>82978338
>A completely different Quicksilver cameoing in the MCU
Because that wont confuse the fuck out of the audience. Fact is X Men dont belong in the MCU because its a huge pain in the ass
>>
>>82978806
>https://a.pomf.cat/vnuffz.webm
Do you have the rape scene?
>>
File: dex vs str+int.webm (3 MB, 640x298) Image search: [Google]
dex vs str+int.webm
3 MB, 640x298
In case anyone hasn't seen it yet.
>>
>>82978835
You could at least get a scene out of Scarlet Witch and him.
>>
>>82978974
Forget it anon, its not happening, we dont need the X Men in the MCU. How about instead we focus on making the X Men good? The only thing people want from FOX in terms of deal making is the Fantastic 4
>>
>>82978966
jesus that looks dumb.
>>
>>82978966
>those effects
*vomits internally*
>>
>>82978825
How about you tell your bosses to stop raping the X-Men franchise, fire that pedo Singer, give the rights back to Marvel Studios, then kill themselves, Fox Employee?
>>
>>82978966
Ive seen better speed effects on The Flash
>>
>>82979073
>Complains fast guy doesnt use his powers
>Complains when he actually does it because looks goofy as shit but thats howd a superspeed beatdown would look
>>
>>82979210
No. Better yet I will tell them they use Deadpool money to pay for more Singer movies and his twink whores.

Never ever drone.

BvS > X men > CW
>>
>>82979242
I think it's the speed-up slow-down thing.

Doesn't look as good as a single slow-mo sequence like in the last movie and reminds people too much of Snyder.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>82978966
Okay, you should never have a seen in a movie where your big, intimidating villain makes a face like this.

This belongs in a cartoon.

Even if your movie is a comedy, or has heavily comedic elements, you don't make the villain make a silly face.

Remember Ronan? Remember how he wasn't a clown?
>>
>>82961409
>officially bombed and flopped
It hasn't even been released yet in any country that matters. No one cares if it tanks in Azerbaijan.
Also, RT has never influenced my film watching decisions ever. If you've ever looked at their list of the top films, it's pure leddit. If I like the preview and description of a movie, I'll watch it and make my own judgement.
>>
>>82979442
Worst Ronan had was a confused face at Peter
>>
>>82978966
Is Apocalypse suppose to be a bitch?
>>
Best Apocalypse is 90s animated Apocalypse
>>
>>82979720
Apocalypse has always sucked.
>>
>>82979795
So have the X Men movies
>>
>>82978966
Who the fuck is that Pidgin there for?

Is there a sect of Chinamen who only know Latin Letters?
>>
>>82978966
That's pathetic. I knew Apocalypse was a bit of a jobber in the comics, but it it usually this bad?
>>
>>82962172
I would rather never see an Xmen movie again then see them in the Disney Quipiverse
>>
>>82963153
god damn disneykids are delusional
>>
>Disney
>Disney
>Disney

Ever notice how criticisms aimed at directors like Snyder or Singer, which implies that the people doing the criticizing have specific beefs which are the direct responsiblity of these people, are met with a bunch of pancakefag memery?
>>
>>82961409
>bombed and flopped
My dude, even BvS made it's money back.
>>
>>82981060

It needed 900m+ to do that.

So no, it didn't.
>>
>>82965664
Deadpool was shit you fucking 13 year old
>>
File: 1Capture.png (973 KB, 768x918) Image search: [Google]
1Capture.png
973 KB, 768x918
>>82961409
>>
>>82979212
No, not you didnt. Sweet dreams scene is literally miles ahead than any other action scene this year.

>>82979442
If they make them super serious you complain its grimdark, if they put a bit of comedy its also bad, because only marvel can do comedy!

Apocalypse movie was a perfect mix of campiness, seriousness, action and comedy. Much better balanced than the airport scene.
>>
>>82982048
>CW tought provoking
>Apocalypse cliche villain, literally the first powerhouse enemy for the X-men franchise and whose superpower is actually the gift of charlatanry, something also rarely seen on cape movies

>>
>>82982168
>>Apocalypse cliche villain, literally the first powerhouse enemy for the X-men franchise and whose superpower is actually the gift of charlatanry, something also rarely seen on cape movies
And it boiled down to "I'm going to kill all humans and make a world where I reign supreme"

Which was Magneto's plan in X2, and Shaw's plan in First Class. So yeah, that IS cliche for this franchise.
>>
>>82967089
Just recast her with a decent actress.

I don't care if Jlaw won an Oscar that one time, she's a shit actress and a petulant brat.
>>
File: 1463332827895.jpg (20 KB, 249x276) Image search: [Google]
1463332827895.jpg
20 KB, 249x276
>>82982092
>If they make them super serious you complain its grimdark, if they put a bit of comedy its also bad, because only marvel can do comedy!
No, I don't, because I'm not a ridiculous caricature.

Having comedy in your movie is fine, but when your villain is supposed to be intimidating, you don't make him buffoonish.

You don't make him a comical figure or put him into farcical situations.

Again, look at Ronan.

Ronan was never anything less than serious in a movie otherwise trimmed with comedy.
>>
>>82979898
>Jobber

That isn't jobbing, Quicksilver literally only gets some punches in because of his powers allows to take Apocalypse by surprise, and it lasts only for few punches until Apocalypse is able stop Peter in his tracks, after which he breaks Quicksilver's leg. Then Apocalypse proceeds to take on, and effortlessly blocking an simultanous attack from Magneto, Cyclops, Xavier (fighting him on the psychich level) and Beast, without as much as a drop of sweat and curbstomping everyone until Jean goes full Pheonix on him and even then it still requires additional help from other people to properly defeat him.
>>
>>82983343
I saw the leg break, I just wouldn't expect Quicksilver to be able to knock Apocalypse around that easily at first, until Apocalypse got control of the situation.
>>
>>82983429
Quicksilver is ridiculously OP in these movies, given how his powers work, ie. time is super slow to him. After the first punch Apocalypse is in the air the whole time and it takes a moment for Apocalypse to catch up to QS' speed and once that is accomplished, Quicksilver is immediately down. It's nothing more than Quicksilver throwing some lucky punches that virtually do nothing in terms of damage beyond throwing Apocalypse off balance.
>>
>>82982092
Did we watch the same video? Because pinballcalpyse there was fucking shit
>>
>>82983903

Without context anything can look awful. It works well in the movie.
>>
>>82966703
The only characters who do anything in the movie for an extended time are Quicksilver and Wolverine and also lol at that "Quicksilver could just have kicked Apocalypse's ass by himself" fuck you moment

...Then again, I guess it is good that it got addressed
>>
File: 1463798287348.jpg (147 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1463798287348.jpg
147 KB, 766x960
>>82982092
>bit of comedy
That's not a bit of comedy, that's a farce involving the End of the World tier villain.

That's not where the comedy belongs.

In first class, there was a scene with Wolverine telling Chuck and Mags to fuck off. That's funny.

Magneto didn't defeat Kevin Bacon, the ex-nazi psychopath, by making him slip on a banana peel.

Levity belongs where it belongs.
>>
>>82967792
It's true lol
>>
>>82979447
Came to the thread to say this. I miss the internet before the brits came.
>>
>>82979675
>Is Apocalypse suppose to be a bitch?
yes
>>
>>82984233
>That's not a bit of comedy, that's a farce involving the End of the World tier villain.

My theater disagrees, everybody loved it.
>>
>>82963720
No you stop FOX.

You're an embarrassment. Give the fuck up and admit defeat.
>>
>>82984410
My theater loved BvS and Bayformers 3.

People have shit-taste. News at 11.
>>
>>82962172
Why would anyone this? Colossus in Deadpool is exactly what MCU X-Men would be, that was the joke.
>>
>>82985012
>Colossus in Deadpool is exactly what MCU X-Men would be, that was the joke
What? No, the joke is that Colossus is a caricature of old school heroics, where everything is is vague and empty moralizing buzzwords. His personality doesn't map on to any of the modern incarnations of any comicbook movie, even Captain America. For all his pretty speeches and moral bluster, the MCU Captain is a lot more down to Earth and less platitude spouting than any Golden Age hero.

Colossus is just a classic hero to contrast to Deadpool's severe anti-heroism. That's it, that's the joke.
>>
>>82961409
It's a good movie. Seriously fuck off.
You don't like X-Men, you don't care about the X-Men, you just want Disney to have a monopoly on capes. Kill yourself, or god help me, I will help you.
>>
>>82965467
No.
>>
>>82965132
and what then?
how are they going to explain mutants?
not to mention that Wolverine in Avengers = blasphemy.
>>
>>82972595
Only if you really HATE the X-Men.
Otherwise, kill yourself
>>
>>82984516
I remember that people have "good taste" only if they eat the shit that mcu produces. Good to know
>>
>>82982592
Yeah, Ronan sucked. Just like Gotg
>>
>>82982048
Yeah. I monitored the rating.
Apocalypse got bad reviews on start, and before the premiere. Otherwise it was in 60% zone. Nothing to see here.

>>82982224
And why it's a bad thing?
>>
>>82982592
Ronan sucked as a character though. He was barely more interesting than the Dark Elves from Thor 2.
>>
>>82980252
Gee, I wonder who would profit from BvS and X-Men bombing? Probably nobody? I mean, it's not like they are a competition or anything, right?

>>82963153
The saddest thing is that you are doing it for free.
Disney programmed you very well.
>>
>>82987345
>>82987354
>>82987364
>>82987380
>>82987400
>>82987410
>>82987420
>>82987439
>last post before these was hours ago
>all of a sudden a bunch of angry posts defending the movie and shitting on MCU
>except for this post >>82987428, all are almost exactly one minute apart
>poster count not going up either
Has there ever been a more obvious samefag? Though, I'm trying to decide if that's better or worse than making a huge, multi-post reply post that hits the character limit.
>>
I don't understand people. Marvel couldn't properly make a Civil War, yet they think they would do a GOOD X-Men movie?

If you want a mcu X-Men, you have Last Stand and Origins and Deadpool.
>>
>>82987479
Yeah, I replied to a lot of folks. I watched the movie yesterday. You are hypocrites. I'm not saying that Apocalypse was great, it was 7/10 movie, but I hate disneyshills. I don't think you are one, but you shouldn't defend marvel.

That's it from me.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.