[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iZombie Arrow Flash Legends of Tommorow Supergirl Gotham Powerless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Geoff_Johns_color.jpg (1 MB, 2400x3000) Image search: [Google]
Geoff_Johns_color.jpg
1 MB, 2400x3000
iZombie
Arrow
Flash
Legends of Tommorow
Supergirl
Gotham
Powerless
#4Hero
Preacher
Lucifer
Krypton
Scalped
Vixen
DMZ
Ronin
Amped
Unfollow
Red
Y:The Last Man
DC's Hero Project
Teen Titans Go
Justice Leauge Action

Those are a list of dc shows either airing, picked up for pilots or in production now. Geoff Johns as CCO has a supervising role on every one of them and writes for a few (and stars in one)

Geoff Johns is now co head of DC Films a company that is putting out AT LEAST there feature length films a year.

Every week not only does Johns meet with the group editors of every dc comic to supervise and work through them with all the plots but he ALSO has weekly summits with DC head Diane Nelson and WB Kevin Tsujihara

On top of that he consults on merchandise, like when he co developed the DC Superhero Girls line with Mattel or the DC Cereal stuff with General Mills AND he works on a there video games like Injustice and the upcoming shared vidya universe they are doing.

All that while he ALSO has to expand every single one of those platforms with new content (making more work for himself).

Today there is not a single aspect of DC Comics in any media that you can consume that hasnt been filters at least once through the vision of Geoff Johns.

My question is...how the hell does he do it all! He was stretched thin when he was acting as a glorified wiki, now he is RUNNING shit. A lot of shit.

Jesus christ co.
>>
>>82961260
Did you not get enough replies in the other thread?
>>
>>82961305
I copied that list from the thread and then broke down the metric shit ton of work Johns does

Thats a pretty big workload,hell even if he is just answering emails for writers questions thats enough content to put him in 50 hour work weeks easy
>>
>>82961260
I doubt he has a hand in most of the Vertigo stuff like iZombie.
>>
>>82961260
Cereal sugar rush
>>
>tfw he doesn't get to spend time with all his dogs before they die because he's too busy

>>82961655
WB does handle those licenses but it might be someone else involved
>>
>>82961260
>Ronin
I can't wait so see how they fuck that up
>>
>>82961260
>Shazam and the Seven Seas status. ..never

So like johns is retited from comics right? No way he can write any books doing all that
>>
>>82961260
>Be a fanboy with your own theories about dc charcaters and a love of dc movies
>Spend every waking hour of your life making multibillion dollar fanfic

Jesus christ
>>
>>82961260
New interview up

https://www.inverse.com/article/15892-dc-comics-and-film-s-boss-geoff-johns-lays-out-the-company-s-path-forward
>>
>>82962868
He can probably still do Batman EO but yeah, I wouldn't expect any ongoings. A shame because he's one of the few at DC that can boost sales based on name alone. Now there's only Snyder and Hitch.
>>
>>82963027
best part

>I wrote the Justice Society of America for nine years, and of course I’m upset it’s gone

but also

>“Let’s say you’ve been given the position of writing Green Arrow from scratch,” he posits, rhetorically. “Clean slate. You might say, ‘Okay, I’m going to write this new character,’ and when someone says, ‘Well, what about Black Canary,’ you might say… ‘nope.’ That means you completely misunderstand these characters.”

How has Johns not killed Guggenheim yet?
>>
>>82963483
To be honest a jsa thats radically older than the trinity strikes me as an abomination.

I would like a set up like the New Frontier had, where the golden age folk retired out except for the big 3, mirroring real life
>>
>>82964641
I like it but it's the era I started reading so that probably makes me biased. I'm not opposed to other setups though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.