[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simpsons Zombies VS Zombie Simpsons Zombies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: z.jpg (162 KB, 618x826) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
162 KB, 618x826
So which one is the definitive parody of the genre and its tropes?
>>
>>82957653
I think the blue skin works better than the pale dark yellow skin.
The latter just makes it look like all you have to do is change the skin color and add dark eyeliner on the bottom lid and you've got a "zombie"
Also clever thread title, OP
>>
It's baffling to me how bad Simpsons has gotten.

Like, I check in on the new seasons from time to time just to see where it's going, and it just keeps getting worse. The animation is lazy, the stories are half-assed, and there isn't a single person in this world who understands the characters less than the writers. I only watch like one episode a season, and usually the one that looks the least terrible, but it just keeps getting worse. It's like dipping your toe into a pool waiting for it to at least get lukewarm, but it gets colder and colder every time.

Even just looking at screenshots like in OPs image makes me sad. I don't know how, but they've even managed to take the personality out of zombies.

Nobody on this show should ever be proud of what it's become.
>>
>>82957653
Let me guess, the old one was a parody of zombie movies in general, and the new one is a parody of The Walking Dead. Right?
>>
>>82961125

28 Days Later, really.

Only the comic has done Walking Dead.
>>
>>82957653
zombies are a parody unto themself because the whole concept that rotting corpses pose any real threat is absurd
>>
why doesn't bumblebee man have a face?
>>
i feel like the first image works better because it's innately cartoon-like: and thus a layer is added to the humor where we know they're cartoon zombies, so they aren't any real threat to the characters we know, so we can expect a funny joke or situation from putting the regular characters alongside zombies

and we did: we got the BRAINS? RRG BRAINS!... gag.

...instead of 'it's like that other pop culture show you may or may not watch, noticing similarities between things is funny' like the second image
>>
>>82961881
Also
>"look, it's all your favorite characters as zombies!"
>>
>>82957653
As much as I hate new simpsons, is hard to compare because they are basically poking fun at two different types of Zombies.

Old Zombies were the classic slow, more rotten type risen out of black arts. Modern Zombies tend to be more linked to viruses and science and are the more fast and feral type which, even if undead, tend to stay put more together and less rotten.

The old simpsons episode may be better written, but if we are just focusing on how they parodied their genre they are one qual terms because they are parodying different things
>>
>>82961202
Of course they do. They're ripe with cholera and other disease which is why you should never handle one with your bare hands.
>>
>>82957653
>excuse me i'm John Smith.
John Smith 1882?
>My mistake!

the necromancers controlling the simpsons now could learn a bit from when it was still alive.
>>
kirk is a zombie there, but he's a survivor later in the episode
>>
>>82966878
what if he was pretending to fool the zombies
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.