[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I actually think this movie is fun in a 90's kind of way.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (26 KB, 315x467) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
26 KB, 315x467
I actually think this movie is fun in a 90's kind of way. Am I alone?
>>
>>82954235
no
>>
>>82954235
I agree. In fact, I'll go further, it's my favorite X men movie. Let me make it clear that I don;t think it;s great and that I'm not a huge fan of any of the Xmen movies. Give me Blade or Spiderman any day. But I always felt that it's the most stable in quality of the movies. All the others may have higher peaks but their valleys are a lot lower too.

Xmen 1, while important and solid for it's time doesn't hold up well for me, both visually and storywise. And they ruined Storm.

Xmen 2 is like half a great movie. Anything involving Logan, Magneto, Mystique and the kids and newbies is good to great. Anything involving Xavier, Jean, Storm, Cyclops or anyone else is horrible and boring to me. The stuff in the white house is great though. Peaks and valleys.

First Class, similarly to X2 is half a great movie. Xavier, Magneto and Mystique back when Watson gave a fuck are solid but every body else either isn't talented enough or just didn't care enough to stand out. And they ruined Emma.

Future's Past is the closest to being better than X3 for me, but what holds it back for me is just that the Xavier Magneto thing starts to get stale. The movie basically ends almost the same as First Class with Magneto betraying everyone, again. It just brings the whole thing down for me.
>>
>>82954235
It's perfect if you're Sniktfag.
I'm not one of those.
>>
>>82954401
a lot of good points actually. I hope that in future they try something fresh
>>
It gave us best Beast, I'll give it that.
>>
>>82954454
only to fucked him up in First Class
>>
>>82954401

Good points. I agree that The Last Stand is a great movie, even if it really disappoints comicbook fans

I'd say that the X-Men series, while having its ups and downs, is the most stable of all movie franchises and probably even the best. MCU in my eyes can't even compete since X-Men has always given us something fresh and unusual while other movies have done nothing but pander to mainstream babies

After watching Civil War, I was pleasantly shocked how violent X-Men Apocalypse was. Not because I'm a violence fetishist but actually due to the portrayal of power on the mutant side. The female mutant crushing that guy with her powers at the beginning of the movie made me feel respect toward the mutant powers while the MCU tries to make viewers see almost everything in the most positive way, no casualties if possible etc.
>>
File: sophie t face.gif (967 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
sophie t face.gif
967 KB, 245x200
>>82954235
>yfw X-Men Apocalypse took a shot at X3
>Bryan Singer personally BTFO'd Brett Ratner
>>
>>82954235
90s?
Probably, yeah.
90s isn't a synonim for "dumb".
>>
>>82955728

Jesus fucking christ, I didn't even think about that

I thought it was a joke because Apocalypse was the third in a trilogy, X3 didn't even come to my mind
>>
I liked the beginning part where they're training in the danger room and wolverine and colossus do a fastball special. Everything after that is pretty shit.
>>
>tfw "I'm the Juggernaut bitch" is a dead meme

It was fun while it lasted
>>
File: 131.jpg (875 KB, 3000x2296) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
875 KB, 3000x2296
>>82955779
Although it could be interpreted like that, they were clearly talking about the original trilogy; remember how Scott said Empire was better but only because the original landed the foundations on which everything was built on? (paraphrasing of course).

And take into account X3 is the only movie that got completely erased from X-Men movies continuity.
>>
>>82954235
I like it.
>>
>>82955737
But it is to mindless spectacle.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.