[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DC is about to have more comic book shows on the air at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: dctv.jpg (76 KB, 655x370) Image search: [Google]
dctv.jpg
76 KB, 655x370
>DC is about to have more comic book shows on the air at one time than we have comic book films THIS DECADE.

https://youtu.be/-nXldPtZ1sg

All that is just one fucking channel.

Jesus Christ Based Johns how does the absolute mad man do it?
>>
>>82953648
Shame Flash is the only one that's somewhat decent.
>>
>>82953863
My mom loves Arrow for some reason, I think is mostly women who watch these shows.
>>
>>82953648
And their only decent one is steadily dropping in quality.
>>
>>82953648
I'm pretty sure more than 4 comic book movies have come out in the past decade.
>>
>>82953648
And all of them are soap operas for teenage girls
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-06+at+05.22.06).jpg (77 KB, 743x603) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-06+at+05.22.06).jpg
77 KB, 743x603
It could be 5 if we had FUCKING CONSTANTINE
>>
>>82953648
If anything you have to thank Marvel who has made the superhero genre so profitable with their movies.

Everyone wants a slice and since unlike Marvel they can't make movie WB/DC just makes cheap tv shows
>>
>>82953900
iZombie
Arrow
Flash
Legends of Tommorow
Supergirl
Gotham
Powerless
#4Hero
Scalped
Prophet
Lucifer
Krypton
Scalped
Vixen
DMZ
Ronin
Amped
Unfollow
Red
Y:The Last Man
DC's Hero Project
Teen Titans Go
Justice Leauge Actio
>>
>>82953982
Rising tide raises all ships.

Its why wotc said yugioh and pokemon were the best things to happen to magic>>82954067
Woops said Scalped twice
>>
>>82954067
How does that reduce the number of comic book movies this decade to less than four?
>>
>>82954067
Half of them arent even in production yet.
>>
>>82953648
That was a lot of Vixen shots for someone that's just been in one episode of Arrow and one cartoon.
>>
>>82954067
Where the fuck does Johns get the time?
>>
>>82953890
TV shows are the new romcoms. Which makes Olicity make sense.
>>
>>82954067
TOO MANY, FUCKING STOP
>>
>>82954067
There is a point where too much happens. That was like 10 shows ago.
>>
>>82954240
2 of those are cartoons and one an internet cartoon and others not even started production yet.
>>
>>82954120
>>82954114
>>82954271

All of those are either out or in production thus
>about
>>
File: Flash Supergirl crossover.jpg (108 KB, 320x718) Image search: [Google]
Flash Supergirl crossover.jpg
108 KB, 320x718
>>82953863

pretty much.
>>
>>82954194
>>82954240
Actually I think DC's multi channel style is a great way to counter so called saturation of the "bubble" in ways Marvels marriage to disney channels doesnt .

DC knows their ip is vast enough that they can have a property that fits any platform.

For AMC home of the Walking Dead, they give Prophet.

For SciFy, a sci fi channel they give Krypton

Fox gets the weird procedurals Gotham and Lucifer

For CW, a channel full of tokusatsu they have stuff like Flash and Supergirl

Machinima a "nerd lifestyle" channel gets the Starman based reality tv show DC's Hero Project and the niche Dial H show.

By breaking up there platform across channels and genres they give each show the best place to find a show and thrive.

DC could conceivably have a show on every channel.
>>
>>82954130
She is getting a second season
>>
>>82954527
>She is getting a second episode
ftfy
>>
>>82954067

Please stop, Mr Johns, I'm tired of having fun!
>>
>>82954507
>Prophet
Prophet is Image, you mean Preacher
>>
>>82954067
Don't forget Preacher
>>
>>82954067
>Y:The Last Man
>DMZ
>Scalped
>Prophet
>#4Hero

What?
>>
>>82954573
Derp yeah
>>
>>82954507
>DC could conceivably have a show on every channel.
Yeah, but then it's diluting its own brand. Especially when the only ones worth watching are Flash, Gotham and iZombie (I hear, I only watch the Flash out of these).

Seems like both DC and Marvel are throwing whatever they can at the wall, and it ends up generating one or two good shows by sheer numbers.

I'm trying to not start company wars, but Marvel has had their shitty plans cancelled at the order stage for the most part: Agent Carter, Most Wanted, Damage Control, etc.

The only thing they have left is SHIELD, which, although the last week has been fun with the non-canon schpiel, is actually a decent show. But it's biggest problems (little connectivity and even littler relevance) are going to hit DC even harder. In all of their shows there will be no reason to watch, because they are ultimately inconsequential and cash-grabby. Like SHIELD was until they saw it wasn't grabbing any cash and decided to actually work it, but spreading so thin will make all these shows get cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons, and then the brand will start to be known as "the brand whose shows get cancelled"

I don't know. Seems like the wrong approach to this, on both sides.
>>
File: 1461058408912.png (941 KB, 783x525) Image search: [Google]
1461058408912.png
941 KB, 783x525
>>82954652
>Gotham
you heard wrong
>>
>>82954617
FX
ScyFy
WGN America
I meant Preacher sorry
Machinima
>>
>>82954682
Maybe. But I'm trying not to judge something I haven't seen past season 1. I didn't like it, but I heard a lot of people do, so that's where I was coming from.

Problem is, they don't have recognizable characters to bring people in, and they don't have enough producer talent to make it work by being good. Heck, the Flash managed it, but had to trash all of the Arrow show for it.
>>
>>82954652
How is that Brand dilution? Its Brand Colonializaton. Because DC is so vast it can develop programs is there ideal. Disney is struggling on ABC but when DC had trouble with Supergirl on CBS they ported it to CW.

All the pegs in the right holes. Anyone anywhere for any reason will have a favorite dc show.

All ages and genders and races.

The grandpa who likes westerns? Jonah Hex
Little sister with her cartoons? Teen Titans Go?
Whoever the hell keeps watching these procedurals? Gotham

Hell they even wormed into the work com sphere with Powerless.

DC is really working the "medium not a genre " stuff.
>>
>>82954770
DC, sure.

DC's TV department won't be if they all suck for not having a clear vision and being approved by being the superhero shows that every channel wants but Marvel won't sell to them. Which it is in position to do, since it's the market leader.

Call me a cynic, but I don't see that happening too well this fast. I can totally be wrong, though.
>>
>>82954725
Countless new shows come on every day without "recohnizable chacaters" DC is just making sure in the wave of pilots there are suitable ones based on dc.

If New Girl can get greenlit, why not Powerless
You have Bones why not Gotham?
Smallville, why not the Arrowverse?
>>
File: 1463193963865.jpg (9 KB, 296x213) Image search: [Google]
1463193963865.jpg
9 KB, 296x213
>>82954809
>Call me a cynic, but I don't see that happening too well this fast. I can totally be wrong, though.

you sound like my housemate who is under the impression that cape films are dying off.
>>
>>82954814
Because if they all come with the same logo and 90% of them suck (which they probably will, because they are being greenlit for being the cool new thing and not for being well-written), then the good 10% won't stand a chance. If they brought CSI:Jacksonville to a tv show, would you watch it? Even if it were genuinely great? Probably not.

>>82954846
I think that they are at their peak, and that saturation will come from TV. DC has already shat the bed, and so has FOX (although Deadpool might save them), and as soon as Marvel makes two shitty films in a row (and I mean, proper shitty, which they haven't really made one), it'll start to decline. It's not gonna die out or anything, but we'll see a lot more apathy towards it.

I'm also trying not to come off as a Marveldrone (which I kind of am), but it's undeniable they are playing the game better. But even then they are slipping on the TV side. Cloak and Dagger seems so out of nowhere, and I'm glad Most Wanted and Carter got cancelled before they got to go the way of arrow. Even if it was against their judgement, those were a blessing.
>>
>>82954953
>but it's undeniable they are playing the game better

Oh I agree. I'm the biggest DC fag on the planet, but mahvel is blowing DC out of the water with films.

I disagree with you on the TV side of things though, I don't think they're going anywhere soon, nor are they as bad, quality wise, as the faggots around here like to cry on about.

I wish marvel would try a little harder with their tv stuff, but I can see why they don't really care.

Marvel has films and DC has television.
>>
>>82955039
I honestly prefer watching SHIELD be a serial and building towards good finales than the Flash faffing around with villain of the week, even if I do enjoy both shows. The Flash doesn't hold well after the first watch, as it has a LOT of relationship drama, but I suppose that's up to different tastes, and SHIELD does the same with spy-tropes.

But besides the Flash, I don't feel that DC has any worth watching shows besides the connectivity.
>>
i have a genuine question, this isn't meant to bash or flame or anything.

Why do CW shows look so cheap? I mean I realize they aren't very high budget shows but I'm not even talking about CGI or costumes, there's just this general aesthetic to the visuals that seems cheap.

now according to this graph Flash has a comparable budget to Better Call Saul, which is essentially if not the best, one of the best looking shows on TV. Flash sheds a lot of it's budget for CGI set pieces and doesn't have the same level of behind the camera talent but it still seems like they should have enough money to make the show look good.

This isn't just a Flash issue, all CW shows have this sort of indescribable cheapness that I really don't understand, I can only conclude this comes from network mandates on visual style.
>>
>>82953893
Dropping? The last episodes of the Flash have been the best yet. The last episode was a giant 'fuck you' to how Arrow treated the Black Canary.
>>
>>82955118
oh one more thing, it isn't the directors either, Flash's pilot was directed by David Nutter who was a major director on the X-Files and Games of Thrones, so they definitely do have people capable of delivering cinematic visuals.
>>
>>82955125
They lost me on the power-stealing episode. It's just not as tight as season 1. Time-travel rules going out of the window also bothers me, perhaps more than it should.

It's also a lot of hype-based quality, as watching an episode a second time really highlights how little juice it has besides the beginning and the ending.

It's not bad by any means, but I'd say it's about neck-a-neck with SHIELD at this point, honestly.

Obviously your mileage may vary, and I am aware that I'm in the minority.
>>
>>82955118

>now according to this graph Flash has a comparable budget to Better Call Saul, which is essentially if not the best, one of the best looking shows on TV

Better Call Saul has half the amount of episodes and no CGI setpieces. And Breaking Bad/BCS is cinematic in a way even most prestige dramas usually aren't, much less network procedural action shows. You might as well ask why every low-budget thriller film doesn't look like Drive.

Network TV is just getting to the point where more film directors and writers are willing to work on it instead of just jumping straight to cable. Not everything is going to be Hannibal or American Crime or hell, even Limitless and Person of Interest.
>>
>>82955213
Being cinematic takes a lot of time, and time takes a lot of budget. Setting up the sunset shots and the wide angles and getting that perfect take means the shows get very expensive very fast.

I doubt the Flash does more than 2 or 3 takes for any scene. Hence the different schedules too.
>>
>>82955213
>Better Call Saul has half the amount of episodes

but still comparable budget per episode and I doubt their shooting schedules are particularly different - BCS does have an unusually long post production time which is how they are able to make those elaborate montages.

I would never expect a CW show to look like Better Call Saul, but the point is that it doesn't take an extremely high amount of money to make a decent looking show - the Americans is a great looking show with half the overall budget. even other network shows (well maybe not CBS) tend to look better. And as I pointed out, plenty directors of the Flash have worked on high quality visual shows. I mean look at any given Fox or NBC drama, they still look less visually cheap.
>>
File: Civil War.jpg (12 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
Civil War.jpg
12 KB, 310x163
*Smattering of tepid golf claps*

Conglaturations, WB. You can dominate the dying medium medium of television while Disney and Marvel dominate the future of streaming with Netflix and the Big screens at eveyone's local movie theatres.
>>
File: This shit again.png (307 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
This shit again.png
307 KB, 403x403
>>82955266
>marvel droning this much

How much does Disney pay you?
>>
>>82955264
See >>82955242

The money BCS/BB spends on those "cinematic shots", which are more expensive than the montages, the Flash spends on CGI, which doesn't look that great because it's a TV schedule, but it still hell fucking expensive, budget and time-wise.

I bet shit like the King Shark was shot 2 months before, thus altering the schedule a lot.
>>
File: ebon static shock.jpg (5 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
ebon static shock.jpg
5 KB, 261x193
>Legend's of Tomorrow
>Fucking iZombie

And yet no Static Shock in sight! Get your legal shit together WB. I need live action Ebon
>>
>>82953890
>My mom loves Felicity
FTFY
>>
>>82955242

I feel like Better Call Saul is some sort of challenge to make the ugliest, most boring environments look as gorgeous as possible.

>>82955264

>and I doubt their shooting schedules are particularly different

That can't be true. Saul doesn't have to worry about CG, or large amounts of post-production ot even fucking costuming. Everything inside the show is cheap enough that they can focus on the small, important parts in a way something like The Flash can't.

>well, maybe not CBS

Someone isn't watching Person of Interest or Limitless.
>>
>>82955344
>Limitless.

apparently no one is watching Limitless

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/limitless-being-shopping-894546
>>
>>82955344
The BB exterior shots wouldn't make much sense in a lawyer drama.

That's why they have Mike.
>>
Where are my DC Comics Animated Series ?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82955452
Seriously none of these shows come close to JLU
>>
>>82955118
Yeah that 3m figure is bullshit. Maybe the pilot cost that much, but every episode after would be lucky to get 2m
>>
>>82955580
prove it
>>
>>82955607
Think of it this way, Supergirl cost 3m an episode. Daredevil was about 3-3.5m an episode. You really think if they had 3m to play with, they'd shoot in Vancouver?
>>
um
why doesn't marvel have any female heroes?
>>
>>82955659
They cut on the visuals and the staging to put the CGI in. Netflix just bypasses this by not using too many VFX shots(besides the set extension and some of the fights), and instead has a better cinematography and writers.

Also, it has the freedom of not having to answer to advertisers and not having to hold back on offending grandmas.
>>
>>82955659
They might. Certain areas have tax breaks and other incentives for movies and tv shows to film there.
>>
>>82955730
>Jessica Jones
>Agent Carter
>Elektra
>>
>>82955452
Justice League Action should get some news at SDCC hopefully
>>
>>82955756
tv side characters :S??
>>
>>82955730
They are all at FOX with the mutants.

Also:
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
Captain Marvel
Gamora

Quake
Jessica Jones
Elektra
Agent Carter

Now, most of them suck, but they are there.
>>
>>82955797
>Quake
Non-canon.

It's more than probable that all TV properties are non-canon, so that takes out Quake, JJ, Elektra and AC.

>Captain Marvel
She's as likely to happen as the Inhuman movie.
>>
>this decade

thats only 6 years
>>
>>82955852
>decade
>6 years

He means the past 10, you fucking mong.
>>
>>82953863
Eh, I enjoyed Legends too. It had some good moments, particularly with Rory and Snart. Arrow has been pretty shit the past two years. Compared to this year season 3 was not so horrible but that's not saying much. We sure did fall a long way from season 2 Arrow. Flash has been good, Zoom was not as good as Wellsobard but it could've been worse. Only watched the pilot of Supergirl and the Flash crossover. Show is garbage.
>>
>>82954953
90 of everything sucks anyway, this just lets dc get more out of the ten percent that does.
Its the tadpool effect
That and the fact one networks ten might be anothers 90. A show that sucks on NBC could be a hit on Spike and vice versa.
>>
>>82954953
You seem to have the opposite defination of sucess. DC is dominating the tv side. Marvels only real good tv is on netflix dc has several healthy shows, some even succesful.

Theyve been doing this how many years and Constantine is the only thing that got cancelled( which I suspect was due to being on the wrong network)

They have a four series deal with Machinima too, they seem t be thriving
>>
>>82955118
Jesus whats with Sense8
>>
>>82953648
>>82954067
And there still has yet to be a good live action superhero show.
>>
>>82954067
So no one mentioned that he listed Scalped twice?
>>
>>82955316
Its coming.

But Hudlin is producing
>>
>>82956600
Gotham season 2 is extremely fun.
>>
>>82955833
Jesus christ shut up about non canon.

The tv shows and films are on different schedules and have different bullpens they're canon to the mcu like Slott spider man is canon to Lees run.

Hell we have SEEN Coulson Fury and the President, and also that guy that had to catch a boat and then he was on that boat in TWS

Just because the movies dont pay attention to the shows doesnt mean they arent canon
>>
>>82956602
I mentioned it
>>
>>82956669
Stop feeding trolls or get out of 4chan, mate. This is how For You got started.
>>
>>82956726
He's a canon guy.
>>
>>82953648
I want a 4 part crossover so bad
>>
>>82956566
They shot in 8 cities, each main character has their own supporting cast AND it's got major vfx/stunt sequences. There's a really great 30 min behind the scenes video on netflix. The scale of production is ridiculous
>>
>>82953648

But the shows are all shit now
>>
>>82956851
Jesus christ thats excessive.

How did JMS and the Watchoski sisters get that kind of funding? neither of them had had a hit in years.
>>
>>82953648
too bad Arrow and Supergirl are going to be cancelled next season. hopefully the wrap up LoT neatly if it doesn't get renewed for S3
>>
>>82956919
>Sisters
I have some bad news

>>82956769
for you.
>>
File: Dragon Knight.webm (3 MB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Knight.webm
3 MB, 540x404
>>82954507
>CW
>Tokusatsu
>>
>>82956919
They know how to pitch. You just need an exec that will believe in your vision. Sense8 is solid. It would've been huge like Heroes if it came out like 10 or so years ago
>>
>>82957036
Oh god pls post all your krdk gifs amd webms I have looked every whete for them
>>
>>82956919
Head of netflix is a big fan, he signed them after watching some absurdly long cut of Cloud Atlas
>>
>>82955874
No he meant 2011-2020 is current decade that we're in.
>>
>all these shows yet still no Static tv show

Being a Static fan is suffering
>>
>>82955118
>Why do CW shows look so cheap? I mean I realize they aren't very high budget shows but I'm not even talking about CGI or costumes, there's just this general aesthetic to the visuals that seems cheap.

Economically, CW operates differently from the other networks, paying extremely low license fees for all its shows (which are all produced in-house, by either network partner Warner Bros TV or CBS), which recoup their resulting deficits through streaming deals and international sales. That allows CW to keep going despite low ratings.

To compensate, CW shows work with very low budgets. A majority of them film in tax-break locations, like Vancouver or Atlanta. That's why a lot of CW shows have a 'look', they shoot in the same locations.

Another limitation is the amount of sets. Notice how all the plot on Flash either happens in STAR Labs, Jitters, the police station, or Joe's house? They're going to get all the mileage they can out of these sets because budget.
>>
>>82955107
Different tastes I guess, Flash is not perfect but it is watchable most of the time.

Meanwhile AoS bores me to tears, I also don't care much about the characters or Agent aspect DESU.
>>
>>82954067
Half of that shit isn't coming out.

lrn2hollywood
>>
>>82955288
He doing it for free which is sad.
>>
>>82957940
Which makes me wonder why arrow and flash were put on the cw?

I actually think it works for them and if they were on a more expensive network the shows might be a bit more LOOK AT OUR BUDGET which might hurt the character interactions but in general I wonder what made them decide on the cw
>>
Any people still keeping up with Gotham?

Goes from dark to camp every 5 minutes but it is just fun.

>Dat Mr Freeze
>Dat Firefly
>Dat Cat

Awesome stuff.

Penguin and Riddler are good as well.
>>
>>82955118

What does the table on the right mean? Cost per each individual advert?
>>
>>82958491

I just find it incredibly boring. The show wants to have epic or wacky moments but it never earns them, so there's no impact for me. It's no different from the 2nd season of Empire, just with more fanservice so people are willing to forgive it more.

I pretty much only watch it for BD Wong's Strange as the thirty seconds of screentime they give Bullock each episode.
>>
>>82953863
DC has Gotham, which head over heels better than anything else on TV.
>>
>>82954240
This but for Marvel's shitty movies.
>>
Except these shows are legitimately shit.

Flash is the only 1 that's tolerable. Even more so than Arrow Season 1 & 2, but it suffers from being a CW show.

It's interesting how CW saved Supergirl from being canned, but they really need to improve.
>>
>>82958631

I'm willing to forgive most of its faults to see some of these villains. Think that Freeze is one of the best screen representations of him. Firefly was also really good even with the character being a woman.
>>
>>82954682
Are you saying Gotham isn't worth watching?

How can you be so dumb?
>>
>>82958407
I wouldn't rank the CW particularly high on emphasizing character interactions - unless those interactions involve romantic drama
>>
>>82954652
>Brand Dilution
you don't understand comics at all.

For most of the lifetime of most of those brands, they were under a completely different imprint than DC. Marvel having all their properties in a single universe is the exception to the way most companies handle things, especially DC.

In DC even most superheroes operate alone in their own self-contained cities. Marvel however dumps everyone in New York, and has every hero only interacting with other heroes. So for DC to divide its properties to other networks, where they share am overarching universe but don't tie directly into each other, is par the course for how DC has always done things.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 308x164) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 308x164
>>82954652
> "the brand whose shows get cancelled"
>>
>>82954652

Gotham and iZombie make Flash look like shit.
>>
>>82954770
>Gotham
>procedural

you fucking retard
>>
File: 1463750087281.gif (39 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
1463750087281.gif
39 KB, 310x163
>>82958846
S-stupid TV, we don't even like you anyways.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1024x768
>>82955107
>not watching the best show on TV
>>
>>82958846

We got two pretty good seasons of TV out of that, I'm not too sad about Carter.

>>82958871

Are you the guy who goes on about how Gotham is some Wire-esque tale of a entire city and thus is immune from traditional criticism because of MUH AMBITION?
>>
>>82955266
But Marvel's movies aren't any good and their Netflix shows have only produced 1/3rd of a good season collectively?
>>
Can't see Gotham making it past season 3 desu, which is pretty sad.
>>
>>82958846
Cacelled before it went full arrow. It started trembling, got shut down.

That seems fair. Season 2 was weaker, but wasn't bad at all.

>>82958916
It's not my thing. I acknowledge it might be good, but it does nothing for me.
>>
>>82955316
Is BET still a thing? They should let BET make a some Milestone shows.

Their Black Panther series and the Chris Rock sitcom were really good.
>>
>>82955452
Justice League Action is coming out but its using the format of two eleven minute shorts per episode. Although the DC Nation shorts were GOAT so it could be like that. Past that there's the Mattel produced Direct to DVD Batman series and DC Superhero Girls.

Action cartoons are expensive as fuck so they're hard to get networks to carry. Disney is propping up their animated shows themselves as toy commercials, but DC has to actually get networks to carry their shows.
>>
>>82955756
>Jessica Jones

he said heroes
>>
>>82954067
>DMZ
WHAT?
NO
FUCK THIS
STOP RUINING MY COMICS
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 620x320
>>82956600
>>
>>82956669
But it's not canon. The only reason people cared about it was because it attached itself to the underbelly of the MCU. Now it's not even got that.
>>
>>82959119
>But it's not canon.
[citation needed]
>>
>>82958491
Literally everybody is. There's just one or two extremely salty shitposters who get mad that the people who stuck with Gotham were rewarded with payoff, while Flash Arrowed itself and S.H.I.T. got cancelled.

>>82958631
>dumbass namefag has shitty taste
no surprise there. How can someone too stupid to understand how to use 4chan be expected to make good viewing descisions?
>>
>>82958491
Best Riddler we've ever had. The comics are afraid to use him at all, so what does Gotham do? Make him a starring character.
>>
>>82959214

Too bad his performance is terrible. He's two steps away from Carrey Riddler, there's zero menace.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 421x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 421x236
>>82958885
>O...our shows aren't bad! I...it's just that TV is dying! That's why we have to try so hard to get our shows on the air! A...at least we can just get Netflix to pay for shows upfront without needing people to actually watch them!
>>
>>82958961
That's fine, better to go out while it's still good rather than stay too long.
>>
>>82955178

Autism: The show fucked up once so that means that everything coming up is shit by default.

This is how I know that you are a 16 year old guy in the ''I know better than everybody else'' phase.
>>
>>82958961
Why, exactly? Gotham is a show that pulls in so many viewers they use it as a lead in for all their other shows.

I mean unless we're shitposting for the Mouse.
>>
>Gothamfags still trying to pretend they're not an annoying vocal minority
>>
>>82959343

Not him, but are you seriously butthurt someone said The Flash's quality is dropping? (which it has)
>>
>>82959274
so you don't watch the show, i take it?

Why don't you just say that instead of lying?
>>
>>82959370

>Insecure flash fans who can't deal with the fact that it's not the best cape show on TV

It's okay to enjoy both, seriously, there are no rules that say you can't okay?
>>
>>82959411

>the only way you can dislike something is if you don't watch it

Whatever you say, cupcake. The show is garbage.
>>
>Gotham
>Good
Lmao, maybe if you like how shit tastes.
>>
>>82958648
Kek. Good one m8
>>
>>82959177

Yeah but what matters at the end is the hardcore fanbase, Marvel has the casuals but they don't even care about the characters that much.

The hardcore fanbase speaks louder and compared with DC, marvel movies are flavor of the month.
>>
>>82959370
>Flashfags butthurt that the superior show won

Who would have thought that "The Iris West Hour" Could have become offputting? I wonder how many villains they'll kill off in the next episode?
>>
>>82959370

Gotham is the best comic book show on TV after the walking dead.

What happens is that more adult shows don't get posted on chinese image based boards.
>>
>>82959343
Says the guy pulling age-rank on somebody whose age he doesn't know.

Flash is perfectly enjoyable, but it's all inflated hype at the beginning and end of the episodes. Everything else holds no water. Read the rest of the post.
>>
>>82959396

No, it pisses me off the retarded casuals that go '' the show made one mistake? Quality dropping! The show is shit now!! Hype dead!!!!''
>>
>>82959423
>>82959469
>U LE FLASHFAG IF U CRITICIZE MUH SHITTY SHOW
Just kill yourselves.
>>82959488
>after the walking dead.
The funniest part is, you're not wrong and that's coming from someone who hates TWD and zombies in general.
>>
>>82959491
>Says the guy pulling age-rank on somebody whose age he doesn't know
Oh snap! that edge anon, careful!

No, your post is shit, the show is fine.

You just seem to hate it now because is popular.

''durr, the show made one mistake so it lost me completely, I'm that simple minded!''
>>
>>82954652
>The only thing they have left is SHIELD
>What is Neltflix
That's where the real money is anyway
>>
>>82959294
I saw Season 1 of Flash, so correct me if anything changed since then, but everything from the acting, directing, special effects, writing and fidelity to the original characters felt incredibly cheap and hastily put together.

As in, the only moderately good performance I can think of is Tom Cavanagh's. Grant Gustin kinda looks like he hasn't graduated from high school and the custome looks like cheap cosplay. The writing was average at the best of times and even the few ties to Arrow were too much (I haven't seen Arrow but if those episodes were any indication of how they handled the character they left me no desire to do so). The few scenes with prominent sfx made me feel like they show had come out of the 90s. The format was refreshing with how much serialization has caught in the last few years, and the light heartedness worked to the benefit of the show (if they had tried to make it "serious" from the get-go with that quality I'd have dropped it) but otherwise I see nothing particularly good. I still enjoyed it but I'm not gonna rewatch anytime soon.
>>
>>82959538
>Just kill yourselves.

Ahh probably the furthest range of your debating skills. If you don't like a show then don't watch it or even pretend that you do. I've only watched one episode of Legends Of Tomorrow and I am not in any way interested in what goes on with it other than the fact that it isn't for me. Try growing up.
>>
>>82959370
Check the ratings, the only cape show that does better than Gotham is Supergirl, everything else either closely matches it or doesn't measure up.
>>
>>82959538

I think that what makes Gotham and TWD better shows is that they have better writing.

They try add drama, romance, action, etc when the show needs it.

While other shows like Arrow, Flash, Daredevil have like a quota of action and drama per episode that they have to fill whether the story requires it or not.

Inbefore ''lol, not like the comics! Batman will be fighting old people when he puts on the cowl!!'' beyond that fanboyish criticism, Gotham is pretty darn good.
>>
>>82959488
This is true, although Walking Dead is garbage now.

People just don't like the idea of character shows around here. They want shows like Flash where every week we get a hamfisted reference (which has absolutely nothing to do with the comics.)

Gotham is a show that actually ties into its source material as closely as it can, while Flash and Arrow just make shit up as they go along. Gotham is a show for comic book fans, while Flash is a show for Bazingacore casuals who want namedrops for wikipedia articles to look up.

Agent Carter and SHIELD are pieces of shit made for nobody but Marvel executives, though, so at least Flash beats them.
>>
>>82959564
I'm ommiting the netflix stuff for fairness sake.

>>82959547
Motherfucker I've told you already other problems I have with the show, and I've told you that I still like it. I just don't hold it to a pedestal outside the /co/ threads like you seem to. Chill.
>>
>>82959609

>Putting Daredevil in the same tier as Arrow

You messed up big time
>>
>>82959564
>>What is Neltflix

The one that did a shitty Jessica Jones series that had a lukewarm reception to the point that they are making a second season YEARS after the first one so people forget about it after defenders.
>>
>>82959626

After season 2 Daredevil lost all the credibility that it had about being THAT good.

The only worthwhile thing about season 2 was Frank Castle and that's genera consensus.

Daredevil is dead, buried.
>>
>>82959637
>source: my ass
And even if that were true (which I can almost assure you it isn't), there's still Daredevil.
>>
>>82959589
I don't think a moron like you who can only resort to "U LE FLASHFAG GOTHAM RULES" and "LE GROW UP XDD" has a right to criticize anyone's debating skills.

>If you don't like a show then don't watch it
Ahh, teenage girls' favourite argument when someone criticizes her favorite boys band. You should really kill yourself for being so pathetic. I'm not even joking.

>>82959609
>I think that what makes Gotham and TWD better shows is that they have better writing.
Just shut up. They're as awful as the rest of live-action capeshit.

>Gotham is pretty darn good.
Watch a good show in your life for once if trash like Gotham and TWD is your definition of good.
>>
>>82959463
This has always been true. Marvel sees a big market, focuses on it until they crash it, then flounder until the next big thing comes up. People who pay attention to comics are pretty universally DC; Marvel "fans" are always temporary.

That's also why it's so common to find people who hate superheroes who say that they grew up with Spiderman and X-Men. Marvel grinds through fanboys like a woodchipper, while DC actively pays attention to its fans.

>b...but New 52
New 52 didn't change THAT much, and due to fan outcry they're reversing their position on it. Marvel would just expect you to accept the new status quo.
>>
>>82959662
The only consensus about DD S2 that merely resembles what you're saying is that it was weaker than season 1. Which is was. It's still leagues ahead of anything coming out of the broadcast shows.

>>82959637
You are aware that the whole Jessica Jones sucked is only felt around /co/, right? Literally everybody praised the show.
Same goes for JJ. If you
>>
>>82955118
>OITNB and Flash have lower ratings than BBT
>Literally anything has lower ratings than BBT

how
>>
>>82959662
See, that's your neckbeard clouding your judgement if you think even Daredevil season 2 was anywhere near as bad as Arrow
>>
>>82959708
>Literally everybody praised the show.
That only shows how low everyone's standards nowadays, really.
>>
>>82959510
Except Flash's "one mistake" was the fulcrum of the entire season?

Like how can you not see that if you predicate a season on the identity of the villain, then fuck it up, that you've wasted the entire season?

It was Iron Man 3 tier.
>>
>>82959731
Unfortunately Marvel isn't making custom shows for 4chan
>>
>>82959662
>After season 2 Daredevil lost all the credibility that it had about being THAT good

Do you get paid to have such awful opinions?
>>
>>82959680

Then give me one fucking good reason of why Jessica Jones is not having a second season being made as we speak?

Daredevil already got a second season and they still have to air TWO more shows before Defenders, plenty of time to have a second season of Jessica Jones.

Then why do we have to wait like 3 years if it was that successful?

>>82959691
>They're as awful as the rest of live-action capeshit.

If you don't care about live action /tv/ shows based on comics, why are you here?

I bet that you are a /tvirgin/ shitposter, that's why.
>>
>>82959609

I love that criticising the premise of the show being inherently broken qualifies as fanboyish criticism.

Remember everyone, as long as you don't use any criticism that the fans of the show have deemed unworthy, you're totally allowed to criticise the series! But not really because apparently any and all criticism can be dismissed with the beating of "YOU DON'T GET IT!" or "FANBOY!"

>>82959613

>People just don't like the idea of character shows around here

Gotham is a show with zero characters. Every character is changed to what the story needs to be that week regardless of previous characterisation. If the character needs to be incompetent for this week's story to work, then they're incompetent. If they need to be incredibly smart and cunning next week after, that's what they are.

There's zero consistent development of anyone. Characters say that other characters have changed but there's no natural arc over it, they just changed because that's what the plot needs. It's one of the worst written shows on TV in regards to character.
>>
>>82959750
Yes, they churning out forgettable trash like Jessica Jones instead.
Meanwhile, I'll be waiting for the third season of Twin Peaks to show Marvel and everyone how psychological horror should be done, so no need for custom shows. :^)
>>
>>82959731
Oh right. You're the only one with good taste in the world.

>>82959740
The only thing it did well was establish hype. When it goes through a 3-episode arc where they kill the hype by doing something stupid on that regard, it looses momentum. Which is the only thing people are arguing here. Nobody said it's a bad show, it just showed it's not that great when the hype-mirage fails. Seriously, watch ANY episode again, and tell me it's enjoyable without the /co/ talkback.

>>82959807
In what wolrd do you live that people didn't like Jessica Jones? Or were you swayed by the cuck threads?
>>
>>82959783
>If you don't care about live action /tv/ shows based on comics, why are you here?
Because I hope that maybe one of those shows will be good so I can have an effective time-killer, yet they all keep sucking.
>>
>>82959731
>>Literally everybody praised the show.

Don't believe that shit, is not true.

The show didn't even got nods at the Golden Globes or Emmys despite being Awards Bait material with a female lead and talk about rape.

Why? Because it was BAD.

And again, how come that we have to wait 3 years in order to get a second season of JJ?

Even piece of crap Agent Carter got a second season right away with shit tier ratings
>>
>>82959691

You seriously type like you have aspergers. You need to calm down.

>Ahh, teenage girls' favourite argument when someone criticizes her favorite boys band

Do you talk to a lot of teenage girls to know this? Cause it seems that they've influenced you in how it is you approach your opinions being criticized.

Initial statement was "Gothamfags are a vocal minority"...the only time Gotham is brought up in a negative light is when idiots like you have something negative to say about it and 99% of the time you're usually so vague and childish about it you might as well be fishing for replies to feed your attention disorder.
>>
>>82959807
Twin Peaks is a very good example of how to ruin a great premise with sleazy execution. The second season is a huge nosedive in quality from the first, and then goes further down the drain once the main mystery is resolved and nobody can figure out how to keep the dead horse going, leading to its cancellation
>>
>>82955334

A lot of girls do hate Felicity though:

https://youtu.be/GttcyM-Yfjo?t=137
>>
>>82959765

The Elektra plot killed the season, we all know it.

>>82959717

Not saying that DD was terrible but its not that good either, it has a lot of filler for a 13 episodes show.

So in a way is worse than arrow since they have less episodes and instead of having a focused plot they waste time with bullshit ninjas and scenes with people talking for 10 minutes straight.
>>
>>82959850
Golden Globes and Emmys aren't indicator of quality as much as indicators of who's well connected in the industry with a side of popularity contest
>>
>>82959836
>so I can have an effective time-killer,

You have no life, got it.

If you wanted a time waster there is a TON of great tv shows out there.

But I guess you only watch shit that involves CGI and fight scenes since I can tell you are 12yo
>>
>>82959854
>Cause it seems that they've influenced you in how it is you approach your opinions being criticized.
Pot kettle black.
>the only time Gotham is brought up in a negative light is when idiots like you have something negative to say about it and 99% of the time you're usually so vague and childish about it you might as well be fishing for replies to feed your attention disorder.
You mean when you idiots dismiss, shitpost at or outright ignore all the criticism of your trash show?
>>
>>82955334
>>82959912
My husband's daughter hates felicity and loves Oliver and Roy
>>
>>82953890

My mom has loved the first 2 seasons of Arrow, but I can tell that even she's pretty sick of the show by now
>>
>>82959942

Yes they are, the best shows at the very fucking least get nods.

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Big C, John Adams, House of Cards.

You never see shit like Two Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory or Jessica Jones get nods because they suck.
>>
>>82959917
The ninjas were the main plot, not filler

I can see how they'd look like filler since I've discussed this before on /co/, but the ninja shit has been a mainstay of Daredevil for decades. The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were a Daredevil parody
>>
>>82959917

>The Elektra plot killed the season

It didn't, it wasn't as great as Frank Castle's, but it wasn't the worst thing either. The universe itself feels expansive although the threat is limited to a small city in NY, as opposed to these other shows where the villain is trying to destroy the entire Earth because of "reasons"
>>
>>82959954
>all that projection
Holy shit, and you expect to be taken seriously?
>>
>>82959850
Guess we should just ignore this then
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/jessica-jones/s01/

>mah Marvel bias
>mah shills
>>
File: supergirl.jpg (1 MB, 3700x3700) Image search: [Google]
supergirl.jpg
1 MB, 3700x3700
>>82959987
>http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/jessica-jones/s01/

Don't mind me, just posting a superior show than Jessica Jones

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/supergirl/s01/
>>
>>82959580
You aren't wrong, although Season 1 was pretty well handled.

The season was focused on the reveal of the villain, who we the audience knew was the villain from episode 1. Every time Barry and Wells interacted was tense because we knew Wells murdered his mother and was trying to kill him. The first half of the season is throwaway other than training and Iris drama, but once things get going it gets really good.

I'm willing to offer leeway to FX and sets since unless it's distracting it doesn't affect much, but the pacing struggles. They had too many episodes and not enough plot to fill them.

Plus the fidelity to the characters thing, like you said. Most villains are simply names slapped onto random people who die within the hour.

>The format was refreshing with how much serialization has caught in the last few years,

This I disagree with completely, though. Serialization has been the only mode of drama we've had in a couple decades, so I'm not sure how it could have "caught on." It really hurts shows like Legends of Tomorrow. A serialized show means you need one story that can carry an season, rather than smaller stories that can stand alone.

Gotham does it best, because while having an overarching plot it breaks things down into strong miniarcs so that you don't have to watch 26 episodes for any kind of resolution.

Now, I agree that Flash's story worked as a serialized one but comic book stories work best when you aren't in crisis mode 24/7
>>
>>82960003
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266/awards
And there's a list of all the Emmys and Golden Globes Big Bang Theory has.
>>
>>82959966

You haven't posted any criticism other than "LOL GOTHAMFADS XD" and then you got butthurt for being called a flash fan (which you most likely are) now I don't even know what you're doing, maybe trying to save face
>>
>>82959828
>Oh right. You're the only one with good taste in the world.
>In what wolrd do you live that people didn't like Jessica Jones? Or were you swayed by the cuck threads?
Keep putting more words in my mouth, you fucking faggot.

>>82959878
And even at its worst it's still better than Jessica Jones. Hell, even trash like Hannibal was better.
>>82959987
>all that watery praise with no real constructive
I weep for modern critics.
>>
>>82960051
He's probably a marveldrone trying to keep people from being positive about DC tbqh
>>
>>82959969

Well memed
>>
>>82960040
You're joking but Supergirl gets good in the second half of the Livewire episode. It doesn't have a bad episode again until the Flash crossover.

Supergirl is a better Superman show that Flash S2 is a Flash show.
>>
>>82959783

>Then give me one fucking good reason of why Jessica Jones is not having a second season being made as we speak?

That's a dumbass argument. That we're getting a second season at all proves that it's successful
>>
>>82959803
Why do you claim to watch a show you clearly have never seen?
>>
>>82959803
>I love that criticising the premise of the show being inherently broken qualifies as fanboyish criticism.

but it isn't? The premise is a show about everyone in Gotham that surrounds the creation of Batman.

You just want a story about muh Batgod.
>>
>>82959803
>There's zero consistent development of anyone

Literally everyone in the show is constantly developing and evolving. Penguin went from being an umbrella boy to a mob boss and you're going to sit there and say there's no consistent development with a straight face? Are you trying to be a pseudo-intellectual right now or do you seriously believe the trash you're writing?
>>
>>82960051
>You haven't posted any criticism
Maybe in this thread, because talking to you morons is like talking to a brick wall. You will still keep on shitposting about how Gotham is the best show to ever exist and everyone loves it and people only don't like it because MUH CHILD BATMAN and how anyone who disagrees with you has never seen it. I don't think you deserve a better response.
>butthurt
Keep telling yourself that. More like telling you to shut up with your retarded persecution complex.

>>82960075
>MUH COMPANY WARS SO FUNNEH
DIe of cancer.
>>
File: 1461363268837.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
1461363268837.webm
3 MB, 700x394
>>82960040

>superior show

Oh definitely
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>82959803
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/Vash17

>Pleased to meet you, ladies and gentleman! I'm a self-styled film nerd and all around geek, trying to make my name in the world. I'm constantly part of some section of geek culture, whether reading novels or graphic novels, playing video games, watching television, or just going on the internet. I'm a Long Islander, which is sort of like being the poor man's New Yorker, but I try my best to not live up to our bad reputation. I'm an extremely sarcastic person, as it runs in the blood, but I also try to be incredibly positive. My dream job is to become a film critic, online or in paper, so expect me to babble on about film for a good long while. I'm just starting to get into music, and realizing how much I enjoy alt rock.

>I am bisexual, and while I prefer men, I do like women almost as much. It's not a big deal for me.
>>
>>82960049
Okay, I actually checked for Two Broke Girls and they have a few Primetime Emmys as well. So if I, god forbid, were you, I wouldn't take those too seriously.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1845307/awards
>>
>>82960262
holy kek
>>
>>82954067
The Walking Dead
>>
>>82960262

Was there a point to this?
>>
>>82953900
From 2011 to now, name all of DC's movies.
>>
>>82960346
Walking Dead is not DC
>>
>>82960348
Put on your name Vash
>>
>>82960008
>but it wasn't the worst thing either.

it was, it was terrible as fuck!

>>82960018

>I'm arguing about TV shows that I hate in the hopes that I can find a show that I like.
>I eat shit in the hopes that I can a piece of corn!
>>
>>82960348
What's Long Island like, Vash? Did you ever find someone to pound your boipucci?
>>
>>82960122

I know, I like Supergirl and I really think that is miles above Jessica Jones.

Supergirl actually flies while Jessica Jones does some weird cut when she has to jump, not even the Poer Rangers do that cheap shit
>>
>>82960385

I don't know what that means

>>82960409

Stop harassing me, Henry
>>
>>82960237

>Maybe in this thread

Or in any thread ever.

>You will still keep on shitposting about how Gotham

People were discussing the show until you decided to show with your measly green text about "Gothamfags" as if it's such a crime for people to enjoy things that you don't. And no one has even said that it's "the best show to ever exist" and if they have then show me where or is this you projecting and strawmanning some more?

>I-i-im not butthurt I swear

Yeah coming from the guy whose first response was, "KILL YOURSELVES FOR NOT AGREEING WITH ME"

You reason and convey your feelings like a child.
>>
File: 1461363405110.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461363405110.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>82960440

>Likes a shitshow cuz the superhero flies

Wow anon
>>
>>82960440
Good flying is hideously expensive, and Jessica Jones actually had other expenses whereas Supergirl largely seemed to have been made with lunch money

That kind of cost-cutting trick is extremely common, you just don't notice them most of the time.
>>
>trusting critics
>ever
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/unfriended/?search=Unfriended
>61%
>>
>>82957900
Theyre making it
Hudlin is doing it.

I'm sorry.
>>
>>82960164

If is not being made chances are that its being cancelled because of the bad reception but they are jjust pretendind to have plans about a second season.

Because there are no logical arguments as to why the show has to wait 3 yaers in order to get a second season.

Other than ''people hated the show''.

Hell, I bet that the only reason that the show got a second season is because JJ is part of the Defenders brand.
>>
>>82957940
But the chart shows they have the same k i nd of budget as other shows
>>
>>82960259

Better than Jessica Jones ''jumping'' scenes.
>>
>>82960529
Jesus christ not at all.
I prefer they not show it, than have them fighting in harnesses.
>>
>>82960496

>pretending to have plans about a second season

That's.....that's not how it works, anon

Also, your average viewer doesn't know jackshit about the Defenders, and since there's still been no mention about the Defenders in either show, your argument holds no water
>>
>>82960496
When the star actress is working on several different shows at once, in a platform free of network constraints, where each show is of fairly high quality visually, and where any individual show is second to Defenders, 3 years is not a lot
>>
>>82958040
The 4 Machinima shows are all but garunteed, you dont sign a deal that big with a major player at let it fall through. Krypton and Scalped have pilot orders. Amped already has a full multi studio involvment and is the flagship of Vertigo aping Images tv and film pitch books... the only one I really question is DMZ
>>
>>82958815
This is right expect for the most part.

There are a couple vertigo ones there the rest are all dc
>>
>>82960472
>Or in any thread ever.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>as if it's such a crime for people to enjoy things that you don't.
Getting pretty defensive there.
>And no one has even said that it's "the best show to ever exist
http://desustorage.org/co/search/text/Gotham%20%22best%20show%20on%22/
>inb4 HURR "to ever exist" =/= "best show on TV"
No shit, Sherlock. Exaggerations exist. Your kind is still fucking annoying.
>KILL YOURSELVES FOR NOT AGREEING WITH ME
I know, I can't expect literacy from a moron who likes Gotham, but okay. Just shut up already.
>>
>>82960601
When did Machinima become a major player
>>
>>82958982
Was it. Wasnt it just a motion comic of this. Hudlin run?
>>
>>82960482

Jessica Jones looked like shit, give an example of something expensive in that show and that it was worth putting the cash on
>>
>>82960674
Better actors instead of models, for one.
>>
>>82960572

Then how come that Season 2 is not about to be released like it should?

Why waiting 3 years if people liked the show that much?

Daredevil did it.
>>
>>82960262Ahahahahahah

Btfo.dude
Get a new trip.unless you want.this becoming.pasta
>>
>>82960591

Don't give me that shit, the actrees playing JJ sucks and is not like she has a lot of tv shows and movies in which she is the lead.

If anything contracts say that you have to give your show a priority, specially if you are the lead.

Netflix and marvel are not going to wait for ''Jessica'' 3 years
>>
>>82960674
If you think Jessica Jones' directing was even comparable to CW stuff I don't know what to tell you. Good cinematography is expensive.
>>
>>82960700
>Better actors

David Tenant I give you, everything else was bad and or forgetable.

Even if they are good, they are literally who actors...

Saying that JJ is blowing their budget on acting is fucking funny, really.
>>
>>82960652
I meant from Machinas POV .

They landed this and a Hasbro deal for Transformers Combiner Wars they arent gonna let that go
>>
>>82957036
Man, was this actually interesting to watch?
>>
>>82960809
>Tennant
>good
Just because he's overhyped doesn't mean he's good. All his acting range is Jack Nicholson-like overacting with none of Nicholson charm and charisma that make it salvageable.
>>
>>82960806
>Good cinematography

The delusion is real, holy shit! Jessica Jones looked generic as fuck! Specially compared with Daredevil, JJ has ZERO interesthing visuals.

I was expecting to see a ton of purple in the show, in the background, purple places, trying to create a theme out of Jessica's traumas.

But no.

No good visuals.
No good looking CGI effects.
No jumping shots.
No flying.
Worst fight scenes ever.
No flashback episode using the costume.
The Purple man was not purple.

Jessica Jones was shit, face it anon.
>>
>>82960809
Fine. More takes per shot then. Acting is a lot better in that show, there's no denying. Cinematography is also a lot better, even if Supergirl's isn't particularly bad like Arrow.

>>82960847
Watch him in something other than Dr. Who.
>>
>>82960726

That seems to be the extent of your argument. "Daredevil did it, so why shouldn't this?" A sequel to Ant-Man is coming out 2 years from now, marking a 3 year difference in release dates. Does that mean it wasn't successful or popular? No. That it's getting a sequel at all is proving the exact opposite. Same application for Jessica Jones
>>
>>82960775
Yes, they are. You getting angry in /co/ about it doesn't change it. You're talking as if 3 years for continuing a show was some unheard of, extraordinary event that only happens in fairy tales. You also completely ignored the bit about Netflix being free of network constraints, which is absolutely true and not even something worth arguing about. And you have yet to give any proof of how people supposedly hated Jessica Jones out of /co/.
>>
>>82960867
"I didn't like it" is not synonymous with "it was cheap".
>>
>>82960869
I don't even watch that garbage. Tennant is just a terrible actor.
>>
>>82960869
>Cinematography is also a lot better

Give me an example because I don't fucking see it.

>>82960880

No, the argument is that Daredevil had good cinematography.

Why JJ didn't had it?

DD had good plots.

Why JJ didn't had them?

Etc.
>>
>>82960867

The fact that JJ didn't rely on OOO PRETTY COLORS and CG superpowers to fill up the time slot alone proves it's leagues ahead of Capeshit Waifu

Your argument is boiled down to: I-It's not campy shit, so it s-suck..!

If you don't like it, that's fine, but your reasoning is laughable
>>
>>82960950
You are stating your opinions as fact and presenting them as arguments.
>>
>>82960950
DD had a good villain, why didn't JJ?
>>
>>82960885
>You're talking as if 3 years for continuing a show was some unheard of, extraordinary event that only happens in fairy tales

Give me ONE good reason of why do we have to wait 3 years for a new season of Jessica Jones if it was that good.

Even great shows like Breaking Bad get a new season and they air it the very next year.

Even shit shows like Agent Carter get a second season and air it the very same year.

Why not JJ then?
>>
>>82960885
>You're talking as if 3 years for continuing a show was some unheard of, extraordinary event that only happens in fairy tales

Give me ONE good reason of why do we have to wait 3 years for a new season of Jessica Jones if it was that good.

Even great shows like Breaking Bad get a new season and they air it the very next year.

Even shit shows like Agent Carter get a second season and air it the very same year.

Why not JJ then?

( Because it got a bad reaction.)

>>82960916

No, it was shit period.

The fight scenes are a joke, that one fight scene with Luke Cage in the bar was the worst fight scene among any comic book show!

Post me pics of some of those ''great'' visuals or links to one of those ''great'' scenes and lets see how good the show actually is then.
>>
>>82960977

Post an example of JJ's great visuals or STFO
>>
>>82960950

I'm predicting your next response to be something along the lines of:

DD had hot bodies

Why JJ didn't had them?

DD had disability

Why JJ didn't had it?

Me liked DD

Why JJ me no like??
>>
File: Cil_OOeVAAAP-dz.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Cil_OOeVAAAP-dz.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
I want an episode with stargirl ane arrow and like two b-listers from the arrowverse like that one JLU episode
>>
>>82960982

Post examples of Jessica Jones having good visuals and/or scenes or STFU.

I can do the same about Gotham, Flash, Arrow, The Walking Dead, Daredevil but not about Jessica Jones, Agents of Shit or Agent Carter.

I wonder why...
>>
>>82953863
I heard Legends' finale was awesome
>>
>>82960867
The church sequence was pretty good and either way it blows any CW show out of the water in terms of visuals.
>>
>>82961067
>The fight scenes are a joke
B-but anon it's n-not an action show . Why bother putting any effort?

Meanwhile in a superior a psychological horror/drama with actually good visuals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwHATDeJhU
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.