[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of Misfile?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: Angry.jpg (50 KB, 647x628) Image search: [Google]
Angry.jpg
50 KB, 647x628
What does /co/ think of Misfile?
>>
I haven't read it in about a decade. Is it still exactly the same in terms of art and the character's general situations?
>>
>>82932829
It's shit.
>>
>>82932829

Is it still going?
Is the art the same?
After all these years has he finally gotten used to being a girl or does it have a web-comic timescale and it's been weeks for him?
Is the huuruhrurgrhgrurrhg
>>
>>82932829
Holy shit, I remember this. I read this back in high school, along with Dominic Deegan and Sluggy Freelance and a ton of other hot garbage.

Did the guy kill himself or something? I can't really think of another reason to talk about it.
>>
I was scrolling through the catalog and at first ig looked like a two girls using their tits to squeeze the earth between them. I was disappointed.
>>
>>82933464

Hey, don't talk shit about Sluggy like that.
I mean you can call it bad or garbage sure.
But don't compare it to Dominic Deegan.
>>
I stopped reading shortly after the gender swap happens, but I remember it being a stoner weeb Ranma knockoff. So pretty shitty.
>>
>>82933607
>He's into giga
You're the cancer that is killing gts
>>
>>82933651
Actually I just thought it would've been funny if that's what the picture was. I don't really care about those odd fetishes
>>
>>82932829
i liked the art at first, but then he started shrinking the eyes and making everything gross and weird looking. what the fuck happened to the noses i mean shit
>>
Did they ever end up fucking?
>>
>>82934034
yes
>>
The main characters constant bitching and whining gets old after a while. You're a hot girl with a hot lesbian girlfriend, a hot lesbian Asian girl lusting after you, a angel buddy who will save you from any dangerous situation, a relationship with your mother you didn't have before, the ability to pursue your hobby that wasn't there before, and countless other improvements. Yet its constant emo crying over how terrible your life is now and abusing everyone around you. Shit character.
>>
>>82934099
Anyone got the sex pages? He doesn't have an easily navigable archive in place.
>>
it was great back in the day when it was one of the better animated comics around which was 2009.

but with the artist showing little to no improvement I have stopped reading it.
>>
File: 4chan users in a nutshell.gif (1000 KB, 375x234) Image search: [Google]
4chan users in a nutshell.gif
1000 KB, 375x234
It's astounding that this asshole's art hasn't improved at all it twelve fucking years.
>>
I tried reading through it a few years ago.

The only thing I cared about was the angel stuff, but there was barely any angel stuff, and everything else in the comic just got so tiring I stopped before I could finish reading let alone follow through.
>>
I know you can't milk genderswap stories forever, so it's understandable that the author can't keep coming up with new ways to utilize that gimmick. So what does he do instead? Something with the angels? Maybe explore what's-her-face being de-aged beyond giving her an excuse to follow the main character around? Use the magical backdrop to create new elements to explore and keep things fresh?

Nope. Racing filler and vanilla character drama.
>>
>>82934605
Yeah, but she doesn't have a dick. Keep in mind that she was born a guy and lived as a guy for years, so right now she has the mind of a pre-op transsexual.

>>82932926
Hahaha

Yes

But he did create a Kickstarter to make a live-action adaptation of the first book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFproExpiRc
>>
>>82940745
To be fair, that casting is pretty good despite none of them looking much like their comic counterparts. Might have made a neat minimum budget youtube movie.
>>
>>82932829
Its weird, I have been following this for about 3 years now. I read every page the day it comes out. Somehow I've never been really invested in any particular event that occurs, but I still want to see how it ends.
>>
>>82940745
I don't think anyone expects him to suddenly start acting girly all the time or anything. Just stop being so damn bitter about it. Constantly going on about how horrible your life is a terrible trait for your main character to have in a slice of life comic that's been going on for a decade.
>>
>>82932829
>What does /co/ think of Misfile?

I am ashamed to admit I read it every day.

Oh, it's so bad. But it's so reliable. Like that old piece of shit car you had in college, that just would not die.
>>
Honestly, it would be alright if the pacing was better. I appreciate it not being your average genderswaped stories, but good god the plot's going at a snail's pace.

Also, despite all that has happened with the few years of being a girl, you would think Ash would be used to the perks and hardships by now.
>>
>>82937964
Alas they rub clams off panel, under the covers, in the dark. So no lesbian TG r34 for you
>>
>>82933651
>he's into giantess
You're the cancer killing amazons
>>
>>82932829

Needs to be taken out back behind the wood shed and shot.
>>
>>82939609

that gif is the story of my life, holy what the fuck
>>
>Misfile

Christ on a pogo stick, don't tell me this shit is STILL going.
>>
Question.

Is it gay to want to fuck Ash?
>>
I read this for several years in high school and nothing happened.

Reliable sources tell me in the 8 or so years since I stopped reading it, still nothing has happened.
>>
File: AG2.jpg (66 KB, 650x285) Image search: [Google]
AG2.jpg
66 KB, 650x285
Speaking of shitty genderbending comics we read as teens, did anyone here read Abstract Gender? That comic was a huge directionless mess that went through like 6 artists before mercifully dying, but it briefly had an anime-ish one that kind of appealed to me. Better than Misfile's. I wonder what they're doing now.
>>
>>82953316
abstract gender doesn't even rank on the shitometer since the story never got anywhere due to constant artist dropout. The wotch on the otherhand is the golden standard for piles of shit.
>>
>>82953633
Not sure which is worse, Wotch or Triquetra Cats
>>
>>82949654
Lies; I refuse to believe the author actually developed those two enough to actually get them to the point of fucking.
>>
>>82947473
>if the pacing was better
>the few years of being a girl

Anon, you were more right than you know. The pacing is so shit that it hasn't been a few years of being a girl, but a few months. 12 years since the comic has started and not even one year has passed in it. That's probably why people are so fed up with Ash's attitude. It makes sense to still be all bitter and pissed after such a short time, but after all this time people want the damn story to progress past it.
>>
>>82955624
Not only did they have sex, the author actually retconned it that he had sex with the Asian chick off panel
>>
>>82956922
Oh I remember when the fucking of the asian chick happened; that was at least moderately believable because she was pretty much 24/7 horny anyway.
>>
>>82957388
Yeah, it made sense, but it was never shown or even implied in all the time they were together till suddenly years later Ash mentions he had to fake it when having sex with her. It was just bad writing and a clear retcon to ratchet up the drama.
>>
>>82957658
No I mean I remember they had her knocking Ash back onto the bed with this...rather leering look on her face, making some sort of sexually ominous comment, and then suddenly cut to hours later when Ash mentioned that it all felt strange.
>>
>>82957992
Yeah I remember that, but it implied they just kissed and she ran away.
>>
>>82958941
Nah, early on Ash had mentioned seeing her nipple rings.
>>
I've been reading this comic pretty consistently for like 10 years and basically nothing's happened in that time. I honestly don't know why I keep reading it.

Have to commend the author, though. Shitty art or not, keeping a 5-per-week update for so damn long is a tough thing to do.
>>
>>82932829
>Reach the dreams of everybody of being a girl
."I hate it!"
Misfile is shit
>>
>>82961314
It's better when they hate it if their mind is changing too
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.