[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ABC's Muppet series is canceled. >Rocko's Modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: Crow looks fantastic.png (1 MB, 888x744) Image search: [Google]
Crow looks fantastic.png
1 MB, 888x744
>ABC's Muppet series is canceled.
>Rocko's Modern Life movie is going to be shit.
>Hey Arnold movie is going to be shit.
>Godzilla's sequel is canceled.
>MST3K reboot has NONE of the original cast besides Joel.
>PowerPuff reboot is shit.
>Samurai Jack reboot is shit.
>Teen Titans Go is utter shit.

Why don't people learn? Reboots fucking fail.
>>
>>82929989
>>Godzilla's sequel is canceled.

Can I get some sauce over here, Crow?
>>
>>82929989
But this isn't true, it just got pushed back less than a year.
>>
>>82930092

He's lying.

Don't even fucking joke about that, OP.
>>
File: 1289336042351.png (332 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1289336042351.png
332 KB, 624x480
>Nostalgia profit leads only to disaster

What are the news?

Also Godzilla still alive an well, the japanese one at least. I don't give a fuck about the Hollywood one.

Also, Hideaki Anno Godzilla. Are your butts ready?
>>
>>82929989

LIES. ALL LIES.
>>
File: 1462730969895.jpg (43 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1462730969895.jpg
43 KB, 500x384
>>82929989
We know literally nothing about it.
>>
>>82930233
We can trust that robot though. He's a robot.
>>
>>82930458
>ITT: Crow and Tom discover shitposting.

I can honestly imagine this being an opening segment on the show.
>>
Sooner or later we're going to have to face the reality that note every series needs a netflix or kickstarter revival.
>>
File: Servo.png (58 KB, 287x199) Image search: [Google]
Servo.png
58 KB, 287x199
>>82930521
>NO CROW, YOU NITWIT, YOU CAN'T PUT YOUR ACTUAL EMAIL IN THE POST.
>>
File: tumblr_llcykpsOWv1qffwtqo1_500.gif (498 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llcykpsOWv1qffwtqo1_500.gif
498 KB, 499x374
>>82930521
So we can agree that Mike is way better than Joe

Ad how Kevin Murphy is the best Tom?
>>
>>82930708
You mean Joel, not Joe you fake ass. And frankly I like them both. Joel and Mike have different styles. Same with Kevin Murphy and Josh Weinstein as Servo. Don't be a dickweed.
>>
>>82930813
Weinstein's Tom had no comedic delivery, definitely not on Murphy's level.

I like Joel, but I gravitate towards Mike more. His charisma is 10/10.
>>
>>82930813
>monotone voice
>sleepy facial expression
>obvious jokes
>IT'S A STYLE DON'T JUDGE IT
>>
>>82930881
Plus, Mike wasn't afraid to openly laugh in the theater. If Trace, Kevin, or Bill did something funny, he'd give a good chuckle.
>>
>>82930918
The monotone and sleepyness came from the fact before the first episode of MST3K, he drank a whole liter of Mr. Pib and built the robots.
>>
>>82929989
You forgot one, OP
>SWAT Kats was passed over
>>
>>82930918

You do know why Joel sounded that way right? The first episode on KTMA he was up for days fixing things to make puppets. It was so well received he just kept doing it.
>>
>>82930960

That's a fucking blessing. I love SWAT Kats and don't want to see it shitup in a reboot.
>>
>>82931058
No doubt. All these reboots these days have me worried.
Speaking of MST, this has me on edge too.
>>
File: tasty burgers.png (246 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
tasty burgers.png
246 KB, 500x501
>>82931058
Same. People can't just let a good thing be good as it was, it needs a HOT AND TOPICAL REVIVAL TO APPEAL TO TODAY'S YOUTH WHO DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT IT
>>
>>82930960
but... we kickstarted it

anyway the problem is that you need to get the old creatives back if you want things to be the same, and even then they won't be because those people are sick and tired and old now. so what we really need is original things by new creative people.. and aside from the adventuretime-flapjack family, there aren't any. or they aren't making it in the biz
>>
>>82931178
>Joel asked Mike, Bill, Trace, Kevin, Frank, Josh, Mary, and Paul to come in and write for it.
>All of them say no.
>>
>>82931246
You understand my fear then.
>>
>>82929989

Nice bullshit.
>>
>>82929989
>MST3K reboot has NONE of the original cast besides Joel.

They really couldn't pull mike and the rest from Rifttrax?
>>
>>82931328
Joel is with Trace, Josh, Mary Jo, and Frank for Cinematic Titanic. And they said NO.
>>
>>82931291
>Shout had to sell MST3K back to Joel.
>no more awesome Shout Factory DVD boxsets.
>>
>>82930918
I love it, his episodes are cozy. And also I like that they're less mean, Crow in particular has a more innocent personality that I find very endearing, the whole thing feels more fun and less bitter. The references are less modern and the jokes are less frequent (particularly early on), which is probably why you think it's boring. I myself am fascinated enough with bad movies to watch even the weakest MST3K riff, the jokes are just a bonus, but minus season one Joel's tenure is just as good if not better than Mike's. Though Mike was in plenty of all-time classics.
>>
>tfw when you first heard the MST3k was coming back
>that disappointed feel when you next heard none of the other guys were returning
>that suicidal feeling you felt when the next detail you heard was Felicia Day joined the cast
>>
>>82931386
Yeah, Joel was more dad like. Mike was just some dude. The robots take full advantage of that too. They even shoot him with a canon for a shit Fonz impression.
>>
>>82931442
If it makes you feel better, Crow's being preformed by a Muppet preformer. An actual puppeteer preforming one of the shows puppets?
>>
>>82931351
Cinematic Titanic has finished for some time now. Joel said he was working on something else, which turns out to be rebooting MST. Mary Jo does stuff with Mike's wife at Rifftrax these days. Keep up dude.
>>
>>82931291
The only reason is because they felt betrayed by Joel concieving it and bringing it public without saying anything to them beforehand, and possibly don't think the robots and Mads needed to be recast. I don't think the Rifftrax crew would under any circumstances would have jumped their profitable ship to join the reboot but Trace would have no trouble playing his roles. They had to make him look older to play Dr. Forrester back in the day anyway. But for better or worse Joel sees the show as his baby and clearly knew exactly what he wanted the reboot to be - he thinks of it as Star Trek or Dr. Who, a new crew only makes sense. Still, if the reboot comes out and is well-recieved I bet some of the old cast will warm up to it and make cameo appearances.
>>
File: vkiVABn.jpg (15 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
vkiVABn.jpg
15 KB, 250x238
>>82929989

Hey how about you actually wait for FOOTAGE to release until you make an opinion?
>>
>>82931454
Joel and Mike made a similar comparison of themselves. Joel's character of Joel made the bots; he is effectively their dad. Mike is more a buddy, so more open to just being a jerk with them, and vice versa.
>>
>>82931351
All of the CT crew are working on a show that has a Kickstarter running right now called Ren Fest. The Rifftrax crew are very dedicated and busy with their gig.
>>
>>82931635
Though there is that one episode where Joel just beats on Servo and Crow playing Rock Paper Scissors, and then Gypsy comes in and beats Joel.
>>
>>82931593
We can hope. Just have to wait and see I guess. Don't get me wrong. I hope it's good. I'm just not too excited, if you take my meaning.
>>
>>82931593
>mfw I made a comment on twitter shortly after the reboot was announced saying that I felt like the show's corpse was being desecrated
>the Rifftrax twitter account followed me right after

I get the feeling they want nothing to do with it.
>>
>>82929989
They should've given the samurai jack reboot at least 8 more years before they make it
>>
>>82931729
When Mike heard that the bots starred in some shitty webflash series, he was like 'well, that certainly is cute' And it was canceled.
>>
>>82931629

How else would OP shitpost?
>>
>>82929989
You shut your fucking mouth. The Samurai Jack revival sounds like the exact opposite of the PPG reboot, as in it's actually going to be good. The original talent is involved (even beyond Tartakovsky), it's a continuation rather than a reboot, it's being revived so they can finish the story rather than turn it into a merchandise whore like PPG, and it doesn't sound like they're going to make the show drastically different despite it being on Adult Swim now. The only thing I need to ease my fears is see some of the animation but I doubt that's going to be much of an issue with Tartakovsky helming it once again.

Also, I don't think Teen Titans Go is that bad because I thought the original sucked ass
>>
File: book-revue-1.jpg (39 KB, 408x366) Image search: [Google]
book-revue-1.jpg
39 KB, 408x366
>>82932043
>Also, I don't think Teen Titans Go is that bad because I thought the original sucked ass

motherfucker are you pic related?
>>
>>82931379
Actually Shout bought MST3K from Jim Mallon last year.
>>
File: why you always lying.png (334 KB, 730x487) Image search: [Google]
why you always lying.png
334 KB, 730x487
>>82929989
>Godzilla sequal is canceled
>>
>>82930458
Then how did he get by our security systems?
>>
File: Hey Arnold Fans.jpg (186 KB, 400x567) Image search: [Google]
Hey Arnold Fans.jpg
186 KB, 400x567
Have you guys considered that romanticizing the past and wearing rose-tinted glasses every single day is a horrible idea?

The 90s had good shows, yes. But the important part was that they stayed in the 90s. People need to keep moving forward, otherwise history repeats itself.

In other words, please go Famicom and Timbox
>>
>>82929989
>Rocko

What Rocko movie? You mean that Nicktoons one?
>>
>>82932333

There's nothing wrong with wanting closure on things like Hey Arnold and Samurai Jack, both of which were wrongfully taken before they got to tell their final tales.

There is nothing that can go wrong with the Arnold movie beyond iffy voices, and that's it.
>>
>>82931729
Response from them has been pretty positive, but that may just be being polite. I really hope it turns out well and gets some original cast cameos.
>>
>>82931729
They promoted the Kickstarter actively, offered Rifftrax shorts as rewards and such. If they actually hated the whole thing that would go beyond simply being professional, they didn't have to do that.
I think all of the cast was shocked and angry at first but Joel seems to have done a pretty decent job of talking most of them down
>>
File: 1251852365298.jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1251852365298.jpg
20 KB, 640x480
OPs misconceptions aside, I think the problem here is that people don't understand the difference between style and substance. They play on the style, the way it APPEARS on the surface which people think is "good" and ignore the substance that actually made it "good" in the first place.

So they basically just keep slapping imagery of things we're familiar with, so it's guaranteed to bring in an audience but don't actually deliver on whatever element made it good in the first place. Usually the original creators had something in mind, we're only getting a small amount of the actual concept they were conveying. So they get rid of the original creators, for instance and they don't realize those people had the IDEAS that made it work too.

Maybe this character was really well loved, but they were secretly based on someone the creator knew in real life. So they try to remake the character without realizing there was more than meets the eye about them, it was something different than they thought.

Also new creators tend to project their current fads and trends onto these older things. If you watch 90s cartoons they seem timeless, but you watch a remake in the 2010s and you know it was made recently because they're talking about selfies or whatever flash-pop-cultural shit is going on.

Am I making any sense here?
>>
>>82932669
>If you watch 90s cartoons they seem timeless
haha no, most 90s cartoons referenced very 90s things and are immediately recognizable as being from the 90s because of art style. That's not the problem. The problem is that the shows actually BELONG in the 90s, Rocko's Modern Life is so distinctly dated and had a good run in the first place, it should be allowed to rest peacefully. I know that they're now looking at these shows as designed-by-marketing-committee properties like Hannah-Barbara shows but they're not, they're works of art created by people with distinct backgrounds and sensibilities expressing themselves. It's like comparing The Monkees to Pink Floyd.
If these reboots can be done with purpose, with involvement from the original creators, and somewhat faithfully, then fine, let them try. But they already seriously shit on PPG, and I know it has to hurt Craig McCracken (and Genndy Tartakovsky and everyone else who made the show what it was), the original was great and filled with so much of his effort and vision, he probably didn't think this kind of bastardization would happen while he was alive (because one would assume the suits would realize they NEED the creators for these things).
>>
>>82933066

Only certain parts of Rocko were dated to the 90s, plenty of it was referencing 80s and even shit from the 30s.
>>
>>82933376
The entire sensibility and aesthetic of the show is 90s as fuck
>>
>>82931686
Joel and Mike have all had some input from what I read. That gives me some pretty good hope.
>>
>>82930708
>>82930813
>>82930881
>>82930918
>>82930925
The correct answer of course is Joike
>>
>>82933066
>>82933376

Okay that's what I'm talking about. I clued into this because my niece was watching Courage the Cowardly Dog and I noticed how it made references to things, just even little phrases and ideas and gags that were all over place from time periods.

Not JUST the present. That's how the new millineal-marketed shit is. It's JUST the present at least that's what it feels like. The cultural palate of the early creators was a lot broader and it showed in their works, the newer stuff is only new stuff only?
>>
>>82935436
That's the fault of creators and writers who lack that broader cultural knowledge. Plenty of shows on currently are clever enough to pull from all sorts of things, heck Regular Show is mostly 80s references and Clarence has featured references to multiple Stanley Kubrick films, Five Easy Pieces, American Psycho, Talking Heads, The Smiths and countless other old things
>>
>>82933066
The only thing that gives me any faith that a good reboot of any of these shows is possible is Beavis & Butt-head. It was updated in a couple ways (like them watching reality TV shows as well as music videos, given MTV's programming slate) but was otherwise as faithful and perfect as it could possibly have been.
But it's a much less complicated show in many ways than others mentioned and was the result of a single primary creative force, who was involved. I think these'll be a crapshoot, but Samurai Jack seems the most like it will actually be good.
>>
>>82929989
>samurai jack is shit
Okay first of all you have literally no basis in saying that considering they have literally the original team with more creative freedom to do what they want.

If you think that's wrong, then fuck you.

>Godzilla cancelled
No it fucking wasn't you have plenty of shit to complain about without having to lie.
>>
A brief and mostly accurate MST3k history on where it came from and how it got to where it is now.

>Struggling prop comic talks a local Minnesota TV station into giving him a chance to do a movie riffing show
>He idolizes the very cheap and corny ones from his youth and wants to emulate that. >After a year a newly formed comedy cable channel looking for content offers to take the show national.
>They increase the budget (against Joel's wishes), insists they replace the teenager who played the 2nd mad scientist and Tom Servo (Joel is okay with this).
>Josh goes on to become the most bitter ex cast member and does nothing else with his life.
>A producer on another show at the local Minnesota station is hired on to be the new Tom Servo (Kevin Murphy)
>New people are hired to pump up the writing staff and expand the host segments.
>As the years go on the writing gets better and better and one of those new staff members rises up to the position of head writer (Mike).
>Comedy central cancels the show.
>The other executive producer, Jim Mallon, finds another station to take the show on, The Sci Fi Channel.
>The new station wants to increase the budget even more, and relaunch the show with a theatrical movie.
>Joel quits in a huff since the show has gone too far from the corny low budget dream he had.
>Jim Mallon now solely owns the show.
>Mike is picked to be the new host because he "looks the best on camera" out of the rest of the staff.
>Over the next two years Frank then Trace both quit, seemingly on amicable terms in order to go to Hollywood and begin the next phase of their careers.
>Local comedian Bill Corbet is hired to be the new Crow, writer and regular guest star Mary Jo is picked to become the new mad.
>The show continues till sci fi cancels it due to it costing too much to make (irony)
>>
>>82936510
>Jim Mallon makes a bad deal with the video rights, and no one besides him sees a single residual for the show.
>Some years later, Mike starts up a new riffing venture and after it starts to become successful brings on fell cast mates, kevn and bill
>Joel starts his own riffing venture with all the other former cast mates, it has a few unsuccessful video releases and several successful live shows
>Joel ends this unilaterally
>Mike's venture, rifftrax continues to grow to the point he actually works out a deal to sell mst3k episodes on his website and on his own pays the former cast their first ever residual checks.
>Joel decides to relaunch mst3k.
>He buys back the rights to it, then launches a successful kickstarter in order to fund a new season
>He hires several youtube sjw celebrities to be his new cast
>He then extends offers to be guest stars (not cast members, not writers) to all the former cast members
>They decline as a whole
>Later Mike creates an mst3k reunion as a rifftrax event, all former cast members besides Josh jump on board.
>>
>>82930960
what about Netflix? Or Amazon? For fucks sake we raised over a 100grand for only a fucking concept art and a 2 minute promo
>>
>>82931058
Well it would be the original creators who did it, so is it really a reboot then?
>>
>>82936510
Only thing wrong here is that MST3K was on comedy central until it got cancelled by the 7th season. Frank left in season 6, Trace left at the end of what was supposed to be the final season.

It then moved to Sci-Fi where the series was revived.

>SJW Youtubers
I hope it fails, SJWs cannot into comedy because there are to many sacred cows for them.
>>
>>82936564
>youtube sjw celebrities
Only Felicia Day is remotely anything like that. The rest of the cast are actual stand-up comedians who tour and have been on real TV shows.

Yes, they're liberal, but who isn't these days? And they're still much less obnoxious than Frank's twitter feed, I mean good god.
>>
See this is what happens when you hype the 90s
>>
>>82937054
Yeah, you're right. I tend to think of Mike starting the new Sci Fi years, but it happened just before that.
>>
>>82937174
>Felicia Day
Has she done anything of value or merit that's not just her act of going 'I'M A GAMER GURL'? Seriously, I remember some guy being fired for asking that question to her.

I'm sure the show will be poisoned by her based on the audience she'll bring in.
>>
>>82937261
Not even just before that Joel left in mid season 4. Mike was running the ship for 5, 6 and 7. Then 8, 9 and 10.
>>
>>82937346
Joel cast her based on his own personal interaction with her, he had no idea who she was until he met her. He seems to think she's right for the part
>>
>>82937395
No, it was mid season 5, 4 was definitely all Joel.
>>
>>82937346
I liked Dr Horrible
>>
File: InformationSuperhighway.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
InformationSuperhighway.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>82930521
Could Crow have imagined one day having the Information Superhighway in your pants, or wearing it on your head?
>>
>>82937174
Calling them all SJWs does work in this context. Think about all those jokes that were in the original show that would never be made with this cast. Can you imagine any of them making fun of a woman's looks, or a midgets antics?
>>
>>82936510
Joel left because of the shitfest problems the movie was going though.

Sci-Fi canceled it because the new people in charge didn't like it or understood it. Same thing happened to all the other series Sci-Fi had running, Tremors is a prime example, very highly-rated and popular but someone high up didn't like it so he fucked around with its schedule, didn't allow it to be promoted, and when the ratings dropped because of that he used it as his reason to cancel it.
>>
>>82938154
Can you imagine ANY show doing that these days? Twitter would get it cancelled in minutes.
>>
>>82938451
When has that ever happened?
>>
>>82938961
Never, but that doesn't stop people from believing SJWs have absolute power over all.
>>
>>82938401
And the movie problems were caused by Jim Mallon, who is the real villain in MST3K's history
>>
File: mst3k___gypsy_again_by_jaw500.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
mst3k___gypsy_again_by_jaw500.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>82939244
I knew we couldn't trust Gypsy. Richard Basehart wasn't even that good-looking!
>>
>>82938154
>>82938451
They have Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland doing some writing, and they most certainly do not give a fuck about being PC
I doubt it'll be toned down, sure there are some things that won't fly anymore (especially any impersonation of accents) but I'm pretty sure that shit's fine within the context of a comedy TV show. Always Sunny and South Park stay on the air just fine doing WAY more offensive shit.
>>
>>82931246
Really. I read that Frank wanted to come back and reprise is role as TVs Frank but they thought he was to old.
>>
File: 1339198608293.png (38 KB, 171x164) Image search: [Google]
1339198608293.png
38 KB, 171x164
>>82929989
>Rocko's Modern Life movie is going to be shit.
There's a movie coming?
>>
>>82930708
Mike is really positive spirited. I bet he lights up any room he walks into.
>>
>>82936285
Beavis and Butthead wasn't a reboot though, it was treated as a new season.
>>
>>82931593
>they felt betrayed
Sounds like things behind the scenes of the RiffTrax 10th anniversary live show are going to be interesting considering pretty much everyone is going to be there.
>>
>>82939521
Actually he's constantly agitated by an excruciating headache he's had for over 20 years and he's a staunch political conservative.
Still, he does seem like he tries to keep a spring in his step
>>
>>82939644
I think the fact that the reunion is happening with everyone at all is a sign things are mostly patched up
>>
File: Ghostbusters-xlarge.jpg (95 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters-xlarge.jpg
95 KB, 1280x721
>>82932669
>Am I making any sense here?
Yes
>>
>>82936564
Actually, the Jim Mallon thing was rectified when Rhino sold the video rights to Shout, the old cast gets money for the episodes.
But now Joel bought the show back from Shout so we don't get kick ass Shout boxsets anymore. They may not even be able to re-issue the original Rhino DVD boxsets because of this.
>>
>>82936480
>Okay first of all you have literally no basis in saying that considering they have literally the original team with more creative freedom to do what they want.
It's a double edged sword, to be fair.

More creative freedom can lead to dumber shit being put into the show
>>
>>82939699
>he's a staunch political conservative.
That doesn't mean he's not a nice guy.
>>
>>82939902
Met him and Kevin once. Both VERY nice guys.
>>
>>82939843
That's a total lie. Shout! actually bought the rights to the show and its trademarks from Jim Mallon, Rhino and Shout only ever licensed the home video rights from him. Joel doesn't have the kind of capital to buy the whole show. And now he's licensing the show from Shout
>>
So are they gonna do newer movies?
>>
>>82929989
>besides Joel.
And he's only a producer.
>>
>>82929989
>>Teen Titans Go is utter shit.
Butt devastated, mentally defective cosplayer detected.

TTGO episodes range from JT bad to pretty funny, if you think that it is in any form shittier than PPG Reboot, well you are just stupid.
>>
>>82939967
He bought the entire show rights with some of the money from the kickstarter.
>>
>>82940051
Fucking kill me.
>>
>>82939967
>>82940051
Up until about a couple months before the reboot was announced Jim Mallon owned the show. Shout! bought it as part of a team-up with Joel to get the reboot off the ground, because having Jim Mallon involved would be living hell (not that he would ever allow them to do anything with it anyway). Shout! has great lawyers and they made him an offer he couldn't refused.
Joel does not own the rights to the show. This guy's a shitposter
>>
>>82940115
Shout!'s godly. They tried to get all they could from Tsuburaya for the UltraQ and UltraSeven release but were thwarted by Chaiyo. And the Gamera releases where AWESOME.
>>
>>82939699
He's built a solid platform with Rifftrax which got all this stuff started again. Puts on a number of live shows a year. Hope he can get a cure for that some day.
>>
File: tvsfrank.png (192 KB, 1549x614) Image search: [Google]
tvsfrank.png
192 KB, 1549x614
>>82939644
From what I've read the bad blood among the old cast is mostly overblown. They were just kidding. They're jokemakers. Tell him, Jerry.

>>82939843
>Joel bought the show back
Shout now owns the show 100%. Joel is co-producing the new series, but Shout owns the rights, and could conceivably kick Joel out.

>>82939902
He got along with Frank all those years. Frank is, uh, pic related.
>>
>>82929989
>Rocko's Modern Life movie
>Hey Arnold! movie
>Godzilla cancelled

WAIT

WHAT
>>
>>82940179
They have managed to release MST3K episodes that no one thought could possibly be legally negotiated. Also they generally actually manage to get all the music rights for shows with licensed music.
>>
>>82940274
And Shout! is doing Tokusatsu stuff as well, Zyuranger, Dairanger and Kakuranger? Like, holy shit. AND ALL THOSE OLD GLORIUS CARTOONS
>>
>>82940236
Godzilla thing isn't true, the other two are, google em
>>
Lost some of the cinematic titanic stuff I bought back in the day when the site they sold them through changed hands. Real shame. Joel is a bit more theatrical but it's pretty good.
>>
>>82940274
Are they going to release the first twelve DVD sets from Rhino at all? I missed out on boxset 9.
>>
>>82940025
>that projection

Why are TTGO fans so insecure?
>>
>>82932669
>but you watch a remake in the 2010s and you know it was made recently because they're talking about selfies or whatever flash-pop-cultural shit is going on.
Cartoons have literally always done this, but here is the difference shows like Pinky and the Brain and Adventure Time on their early seasons HAD writers to make these references funny!

>>82939788
Here is an example, could Ghostsbusters be done with an all female cast and modern references and STILL be funny? Yeah, it fucking could, but not by these people, and it is not the actresses fault, the person in charge of the casting should had been fucking fired. The problem is that there are so many buttbuddies in hollywood already, every project is gonna end like garbage thanks to nepotism. Hollywood was great when there was drive, and hunger, now we got the son, protege, relative of some ex-big name graduated from some cancer art directing school calling the shoots, and movies rarely cast new talent or underdogs anymore, they cast SNL or any other washed up actor with no following because relationships trump talent now.

These people are trusted with millions and they either play safe (SW EP VII), let a computer handle everything to compensate for the absence of talent (Pixels) or just fucking blew it (Fant4stic).

There is also the writers guild which is absolute cancer.
>>
>>82940502
Why are the TeenTitansAnime fans so insecure?
>>
>>82937421
Those who are poisonous don't inject you on the first meeting. The fanbase she'll bring is what's going to kill the show when they start complaing about mum soggy knee jokes and using stereotypes for humor.
>>
>>82940449
They already re-released vol. 1 and vol. 2 is on the way
>>
>>82940504
Word is they had clashing egos on the Ghostbusters set with two of them and had to make sure they got equal lines and time. It's gonna be a shit show
>>
>>82940504
The reason any Fantastic Four movie is shit is because Sony only makes them to keep the rights to the property, they don't care how bad they are.
>>
>>82933414

Not really, and even then, it wasn't dated to the point that it can't be appealing to the newer generations.
>>
>>82940672
*Fox
If Sony behaved as badly as they do regarding rights hoarding you can guarantee Spidey wouldn't be in the MCU right now
>>
>>82929989

You are the heart and soul of 4chan, OP.
>>
>>82940644
I am not even sure how these people got this far in their careers, you can cross out talent.
>>
>>82940191
>>82939902
I don't know how they managed to work together. Mike actually seems like he wouldn't care about other people's beliefs (or at least would realize most in his field are lefties) but Frank is very vocally liberal and critical of conservatism. They must just not be assholes to other people!
>>
>>82940855

The writers literally have just flipped the genders and added some "quirks" the rule 63 characters, talent was never there to begin with concerning ANYONE on the project.
>>
>>82941034
Confirmed for having no knowledge of anyone involved with the film. Stick to cartoons I guess, kid.
>>
>Thunderbirds is awesome and getting two more seasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQwgIZ__WrY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTEB1oP3FQE
>>
>>82941087

How about you mention who is involved instead of shitposting, nigger?
>>
>>82941161
Dude
>>
>>82941087
But it's true, one of the main reasons the original ghostbusters worked so well is the actors played off each other, switched lines if they felt it was better for someone else to say it, and most importantly, take a step back and let another actor shine for a scene if it was good for the movie.

The movie is going to be a trainwreck and the only thing that really is going to matter is if a massive advertising budget where they smear their logo everywhere will make the movie sell.
>>
>>82929989

The new MST3K only has Joel? Fuck he was the reason I never watched it till Mike took over
>>
Did the Reading Rainbow reboot ever materialize? They raised an insane amount of money.
>>
>>82941301
He's only the producer.
>>
>>82941301
The new MST3k doesn't even have that, you uninformed fuck.
He's working behind the scenes.
ALL the cast is new. No returning Crow, no returning Servo, no returning Mads.
>>
>>82941301

Last I recall, he was only involved with the directing more or less, but said he wouldn't turn down the occasional chance to appear as a host. And I think the old cast members said something along the same lines, just that it would more likely depend on their work schedules.
>>
>>82941343
>And I think the old cast members said something along the same lines
No they did not.
Not in regards to the reboot.
>>
>>82941340
you guys act like they haven't switched crew before
>>
>watch first episode of MST3K reboot
>Felicia Day's first line is a joke about GamerGate
>throw my computer out the window
>drink a gallon of Bleach
>immolate myself
>have ashes thrown into an active volcano
>>
>>82940504
>relationships trump talent now.
That is always how Hollywood has been. Don't be a silly goose.
>>
>>82941406
I'm doubting it
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>82930638
>You don't understand, it's not gay if her penis is feminine
>>
>>82941431

I'm not.
>>
>>82941401
BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T you stupid fuck.
They occasionally changed a few members of the cast as the show went on but there was not a single point where EVERYONE was the fucking replaced by less talented nobodies.
>>
>>82941401
>The cast of the original show shifted around slowly over the years where they wasn't a drastic shift.
>As opposed dumping everyone and all the characters and starting with a new group
Other than they NEVER did that before, what else do you expect?
>>
>>82929989
>>ABC's Muppet series is canceled.
it was shit anyways
>>Rocko's Modern Life movie is going to be shit.
it has the original creator
>>Hey Arnold movie is going to be shit.
it has the original creator
>>Godzilla's sequel is canceled.
noice source bro
>>MST3K reboot has NONE of the original cast besides Joel.
ill give you that
>>PowerPuff reboot is shit.
yes
>>Samurai Jack reboot is shit.
based on what footage
>>Teen Titans Go is utter shit.
subjective
>>
>>82941455
Everyone on the new cast is far more well known off the bat than anyone on the old crew was
>>
>>82941455
HEY, crow's new puppeteer worked with the Muppets. And playing Son of TV's Frank is Patton Oswald, or what ever.
>>
File: 1449595114297.png (3 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1449595114297.png
3 MB, 900x900
Gents, may I remind you that this is a bait thread?
>>
Say what you will about nuMST3k, but the new Crow guy does an almost perfect imitation of Trace's Crow.

Plus apparently he used to work for the Jim Henson company? So that's cool.
>>
>>82941406
>>82941431
They insulted Gamergate in the official dub of an anime recently.

So yeah, I could see her doing that shit.
>>
>>82941373

Could have sworn a few of them said they might appear as guests, but only as a once a while thing, just never permanent.
>>
>>82941513
>it was shit anyways
Did you just drop it after the first episode? It got MUCH better.
>if it has the original creator, it'll be OK.
I point to the new MST3K with just Joel returning.
>>
>>82941536
>It started with bait, so stop having legit conversation
>>
>>82941530
Patton Oswalt is just as much of a fucking sell out and fake nerd as Day is.
He just riding it for the money now.
>>
>>82929989

Tell me more about the future famalam.
>>
>>82941571

Except Joel actively announced the changes right away. Unlike him, the guys behind Arnold and Jack both have said they want to present the finales they had in mind from long ago.
>>
>>82941588
Oswalt actually was a fan since season 1, so eat me.
>>
>>82941497
>>82941401
Joel said that if the show hadn't have gotten cancelled there would have been several cast turnarounds by now. He said he always regretted that it became a dichotomy of Joel vs. Mike, and that he wishes there could have been several hosts all with different (note not "better" or "worse") styles
>>
>>82941546
I guess I wouldn't know seeing as how I stopped reading up on news when I found out it was going to be 100% dog shit regardless of what happens.

>>82941648
I meant in general you stupid cunt.
If he actually gave one quarter of a fuck he wouldn't be involved.
>>
>>82941665
The Joel vs Mike wars were some of the most fun I've had on the internet.
>>
>>82941684

So, it's dog shit just because you're not a fan of the new cast members? Come the fuck on.
>>
>>82941274
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de5YPvp-m0s
dude
>>
>>82941698
>>82941665
>He said he always regretted that it became a dichotomy of Joel vs. Mike
>he wishes there could have been several hosts all with different (note not "better" or "worse") styles
By being different they are inherently going to be better or worse depending on their taste. The more I learn about this project, and how Joel did things, the more I think he's just an incompetent dumbass who had a good idea, but had other people do the heavy lifting.
>>
>>82941603

I sure do hate bees.

I'm gonna go stick my cock in this beehive.

OH MY GOD WHY ARE BEES STINGING ME.
>>
I haven't watched MSTK3 since a kid, wanna give it a watch. Should I start from the beginning? Is it worth watching all the way through?
>>
>>82940179
Any chance they could rescue poor Dr. Tran from legal hell?
>>
>>82941816
That's exactly what he meant, he made a comparison to the Doctor, they're all different and people have different favorites. If it changes every five years it helps ensure the show remains somewhat fresh so long as the host remains likable regardless of stylistic difference.
>>
>>82940179

My hope, my greatest hope, is that they get the two Godzilla episodes released someday.

I know that's got to be licensing hell, but I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat. All I got now is low quality torrents.
>>
>>82941837
Eh, depends, Season 3 has a bunch of Gamera films.
>>
>>82941837

If you want to enjoy is evolution fully, then sure. But there's no real need to watch everything as the show purposefully never cared for things like continuity, even though sometimes a joke or character from one episode skit could return.
>>
>>82941912
Shout's good with Japanese companies. Toei, Daiei or what ever it is now, and Tsuburaya are all chums with Shout.
>>
>>82941889
And then instead of Mike vs Joel it's going to be 'Mike is superior to the other hosts'

By having more hosts, you just tribalize things further. He should be happy they didn't have more hosts. On the other side, the Mike vs Joel people are going to unite to say whoever the new host is going to be will be shit.
>>
File: Crayon-Shin-chan-011.jpg (252 KB, 1268x760) Image search: [Google]
Crayon-Shin-chan-011.jpg
252 KB, 1268x760
>>82941540
Anime dubs are not serious business.
>>
>>82941837
Don't do that, season 1 is very weak, sequential order doesn't matter, and some episodes are definitely more suited for "newbies" than others - a lot of these movies are truly painful.
Here, check out this site, check out some of the episodes with the most laughs.
http://www.club-mst3k.com/
Do some more research, look up lists and such. There are 30 or so episodes that are the most famous and consistently ranked the best, and if I were you I'd definitely check out some of those to see the show at peak form
>>
>>82941962

Yeah, but Godzilla's film rights in America are a mess. No one company owns the distributing rights to all the films and Toho is historically overly controlling with the property.

The Godzilla vs Megalon episode actually did get a DVD release at one point but I think they had to pull it and replaced it with the Giant Gila Monster? So now that set goes for tons of money.
>>
>>82929989
>Rocko's Modern Life movie
you mean the nicktoons movie? We know nothing about it yet
>Hey Arnold movie is going to be shit
It isn't a reboot, this is a movie that was already made but never released
>Samurai Jack reboot is shit
Also hasn't come out yet
>Teen Titans Go is utter shit
it's not that bad
>>
>>82941994
The Mike vs Joel thing ended when people accepted that Mike wrote a vast majority of Joel's lines.
>>
>>82941513
>it has the original creator
So does Dragonball Super.
>>
>>82942061
Yeah, they licensed it from a company that mistakenly though they owned it, it barely made it to shelves before being pulled. If we're going by historical precedent Toho itself will probably never allow the Godzilla episodes out on DVD, but Shout! really does pull the impossible regularly.
>>
Fuck it, Iet's post MST3K clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BysG97B5YM

I heard Mike Nelson hid from Joe Don Baker in a hotel once.
>>
>>82942065
>It isn't a reboot, this is a movie that was already made but never released

It's a movie that WAS going to be made, but didn't even get that far into production. Still, you're right about it not being a reboot as the faggot said.
>>
>>82942165
Cause the press kept hounding Joe Don about his episodes of MST3K that he went apeshit.
>>
File: gamera.jpg (818 KB, 2037x3056) Image search: [Google]
gamera.jpg
818 KB, 2037x3056
>>82941915
Is it the only kaiju heavy season? Because that's my jam.
>Gamera is really neat
>He is made of turtle meat
>We believe in GA-ME-RA!
>>
>>82942210

Mitchell is one of the greatest movies ever made.

>BABY OIL?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>82942052
That sounds like a lot of work.
>>
>>82942255

There's not that many kaiju episodes, sadly. Just the Gamera films, 2 Godzilla movies, and Gorgo in the last season.
>>
>>82942255
It's definitely the most kaiju heavy, they had a Sandy Frank package deal.
There's other kaiju movies scattered throughout the series
>>
>>82942331
>>82942255
Well, Godzilla had two season 2 episodes, and Gorgo was season 10.
>>
File: garbage-day.webm (1 MB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
garbage-day.webm
1 MB, 640x336
>>82942165
If there was a torrent, I'd make webms.
>>
>>82942293
Not really, it's pretty fun, and there actually is a LOT of this show to watch and research. I've been watching it pretty regularly for 8 years and I have seen nowhere near every episode. It's one of the best things about it, it's a pretty impressive body of work
>>
File: TGWDeegah.jpg (56 KB, 656x411) Image search: [Google]
TGWDeegah.jpg
56 KB, 656x411
>>
File: MrBNatural.jpg (26 KB, 760x569) Image search: [Google]
MrBNatural.jpg
26 KB, 760x569
>>82941439
The Mister B Natural debate would be very different in these cyber-times of 2016.
>>
File: hey buzz wanna ss.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
hey buzz wanna ss.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>82942455

Mr. B you're hot.
>>
>>82941439
>>82930638

>Tom? Crow? Why am I getting pop-ups for "Desperate and needy fembots with oversized chassis" on my computer?
>>
>>82942255
In the battle of Gamera vs. MST3K, Gamera won. Broke their spirits.
But those are about good enough to make up for not doing more of them.
There are actually two classic Gamera movies they never riffed on the show, I'd think those would be prime contenders for the reboot at some point, heck I think people would be very happy with that as a first episode
>>
>>82941915
>>82941942
>>82942052
Thanks anons.
>>
>>82942627

Which ones did they not do? Barugon and Jiger, right?
>>
>>82942680
Viras and Jiger
>>
>>82942377
>Make videos with no sound
>When the lines are what make them funny
You're an idiot.
>>
>>82942512
>>82942455
KNEW YOUR FATHER I DID.
>>
>>82942627
Well when you use one of the movies they mocked to call the guy who brought them over a talentless hack, he's going to take exception with it.

Like that other time they put up a cardboard cut out of the director to basically have an extended skit in how he was a dumbass during the credits of the film.
>>
>>82942920

You leave my father out of this!

That short has so many great lines.

>You saw...EVERYTHING?!?

>MOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
>>
>>82936510
So, here's the thing. Josh Weinstein, who played Mad Scientist Larry Erhardt, loved the KTMA format even more than Joel. He wanted the comments to be sparse and entirely improvised. Nobody else did, even Joel, really, because the show was funnier when it was written in advance. This position was reinforced shortly after Weinstein's departure when they arranged to riff The Sidehackers and then found out too late to cancel the episode that it had a really long, brutal rape scene that made everyone really uncomfortable and they had to figure out how to edit around.

Additionally, I won't speak to Joel's motivation to leave, but he DID leave midway through season 5, well before the movie and the channel-hop.

And, by all accounts, the movie was a miserable experience for all involved, and to this day none of them look fondly on it. Which is a shame, because there are some really damned good jokes in there.
>>
I still think some of the best bits of MST3K were the short pre-films they did. I remember one time they played an instructional video for how to be a good car salesman and it was hilarious.
>every time the film does a fade in/out they all start screaming
>Every time this weird old man appears on screen they start screaming
>"Meanwhile, Elliot Ness and his Untouchables speed towards a speakeasy in Hoboken..."
>>
>>82942955

Hobgoblins wasn't it?

Hey, that idiot up making a sequel just because that episode of MST3K was popular.
>>
>>82942973
It wasn't really a brutal rape... JC just rubbed his face on hers, and then they pushed her around.
>>
>>82942977

The one about etiquette with your family at dinner.

>Emotions are for ethnic people.
>>
>>82942897
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462655542889.webm
>>
>>82942956

Loved the Gumby ones.

>Thank goodness for the internal genitalia!
>>
>Hey Joel, does that look familliar?
>Yes. *Joel rips crow's arm off.*
>>
>>82943005
The show was a little risque, but they liked the fact that little kids were watching, even if we didn't get any of the jokes and just thought the robots were cute.

Which means any sort of rape and murder is a no go.
>>
>>82942955
Actually the two episodes they didn't do were never dubbed by Sandy Frank, and that's why they didn't. There are still old English dubs for them though.
And Sandy Frank was definitely objectively terrible at his job and they were also pretty fucking out of it after watching 5 Gamera movies 20 times each. And the Hobgoblins guys weren't even offended, the director sent MST3K the movie himself. The people behind Time Chasers WERE upset, but that movie was prime riff fodder and they eventually seemed to have gotten over it after they saw how much more popular it made the movie.
>>
>>82942973
>Which is a shame, because there are some really damned good jokes in there.

>They kept adding car driving sounds to the one guy who would walk through scenes
>>
>>82943151
Yet they showed Monster A-GoGo. That was the rape of the mind.
>>
>>82929989
we're a danger to ourselves and others good live stock makes better lovers leave us in the woods and we're just fine.
We're a danger to ourselves and others only watch movies with patty summers, blowing up leeches is what we call a good time.
>>
File: MY COOP MY BEAUTIFUL COOP.png (427 KB, 742x509) Image search: [Google]
MY COOP MY BEAUTIFUL COOP.png
427 KB, 742x509
Attention citizens of /co/,

I have conquered your puny board and there is nothing you can do to stop me.

NAH

AH

AH
>>
>>82929989
our dumb are you uncle dad
well pretty dumb that's for sure
how dumb are yo uncle dad
can't even get out the door.
>>
>>82943268
I LIKE IT VERY MUCH!
Weird to think this was Toei's first big villain.
>>
>>82943221

And Wild World of Batwoman which I'm pretty sure was a porno.
>>
>>82943221
But anon, there was no movie.
>>
>>82929989
Canada bashing song
>>
>>82943314
This is still my favorite thing from Batwoman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc
>>
>>82943345

Tom losing his shit will never not be funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcL3EIqIOdY
>>
>>82943426
What about when his head just randomly explodes in Fugitive Alien? Like, not the normal way, the bubble collapses and everything.
>>
>>82939699
Fun fact, the headache is why the lighting on the set was darker during his seasons.
>>
>>82943964

Neat. I just always thought it was to make everything look cooler.
>>
File: MST3K NO.png (465 KB, 407x700) Image search: [Google]
MST3K NO.png
465 KB, 407x700
>>
File: Hello.jpg (29 KB, 541x540) Image search: [Google]
Hello.jpg
29 KB, 541x540
>>82944049
>>
>>82942377
>Not having 35 gigs on hand at all times
Come on, man.

>>82942455
I don't want to think about that. That sketch was perfect without people getting angry.
>>
>>82940934
>>82939902
>>82940191
They are professional and didn't inject politics into their humor. There's a reason that out of the three creators of Police Squad and Airplane! The only one to fail was the one who thought it would be a good idea to make a political humor film where conservatives were the core audience. And that doesn't even touch on the fact he contributed the least of the three.
>>
File: What 1.jpg (57 KB, 608x340) Image search: [Google]
What 1.jpg
57 KB, 608x340
>>82929989
>>
>>82944522
This. Mike I'm told is really conservative, but it doesn't really show in the comedy, because it's not about politics. Throwing real life politics into the show would just get in the way of the cheesy movie crap.
>>
>>82944522
There were absolutely political jokes in MST3K, though generally pretty broad or bipartisan. Joel years had more along the lines of "Republicans are evil" though
>>
File: 2016-05-19_22-06-48.png (14 KB, 363x481) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-19_22-06-48.png
14 KB, 363x481
>>82944495
Heh heh, what a nerd.
>>
>>82944626
Admittedly, the one Republican joke I ever heard was pretty good.
>"I will create a legion of snarling, unstoppable, bloodthirsty beasts!"
>All three in unison "Republicans?"
>>
>>82944049
Why.
>>
>>82944746
Because. It's a rule.
>>
File: PrinceSpace.jpg (39 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
PrinceSpace.jpg
39 KB, 600x340
>>82943268
You're weapons are useless, but they still scare the crap out of me!
>>
>>82944049
Welp, tweeting this to Mike as we speak.
>>
>>82930161
It looks pretty lame, same goes for the design.
>>
Things we know about the new show.

>It's going to be people riffing on bad movies in the style of MST3K.
>Joel managed to alienate everyone of the old cast because he didn't even bother calling them before putting the reboot up.
>Joel hired a SJW, who will bring in a fandom that demands their every whim be catered to because they don't want to be offended or 'triggered'.

The litmus test has and always will be, can you make a joke about rape? If you can, we're good to go and there is hope. No? Then who knows where that slippery slope will end in what is off limits.
>>
File: pumaman.jpg (124 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
pumaman.jpg
124 KB, 500x705
Puma Man and Prince of Space must set aside their differences to assemble MST3K's mightiest heroes!
>>
>>82945101
They'll make a Cosby joke
>>
>>82945101
MST3K didn't make rape jokes before, why start now?
>>
>>82942154
Anon, this may shock you, but Dragon Ball should have ended a long time ago.
>>
>>82945215
And Power Puffs, Hey Arnold, Rocko and Samurai Jack ended a long time ago. We don't need to keep visiting them.
>>
>>82945215
It did end a long time ago. Toriyama has done other things since. He's still doing them. But they're paying him ungodly amounts of money to write jokes for their rehash.
>>
>>82937174
patton oswalt has been downgraded over the years from comedian to twitter sjw celebrity
>>
>>82945407
Yet he fit right in with the entire MST3K crew at Comic Con's 2008 reunion.
>>
>>82944658

So you can answer my question

Which movie has them going how many times do I have to tell you your weapons do not work in me

Been looking for that for so long I gave up
>>
>>82945655
Season 8 Prince of Space, a dubbed version of Space Prince by Toei.
>>
>>82945682

Thank you kind anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsrBIGpXK-8
>>
>>82931677
They pushed him too far but it was more of a Mike bit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.