[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /co/, so with all the talk about Geoff Johns swooping in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Okay /co/, so with all the talk about Geoff Johns swooping in to save the DCCU and possible soft reboots of the series so far I had an idea: why not reincorporate the Nolanverse into the larger DCCU?

Think about it. We already have an "older retired" Batman in BvS, which might be a good way to introduce a character in a standalone story, but a complete shit way to do so in a fledging cinematic universe. However, the Dark Knight saga can easily be used to fill in the gaps in Bruce's background that BvS omits. Why not have the Batman of Bvs be the same guy who just came back from his vacation in France with Selina. We barely saw any of Bat's supporting characters in the movie aside from Alfred, putting the movie in a perfect position for a soft reboot, with Bale having been the character before his retirement, and Batfleck after (and in all future appearances). Most other details, like his 20 year career, robin's implied death etc, can still be handwaved out of any future movies, and there's still a possiblitiy of using the same actors from the earlier films; eg the John Blake version of Robin, Gary Oldman as Gordon, etc. Heck, Cilian Murphy could even reprise his role as Crane; they had unfinished business by the end of the series IIRC.
>>
>it won't work because the nolan verse is "too realistic"
Not really it's not, we've seen nothing to indicate that a superhero team can't exist in this world, plus the tone can always change from film to film; ie Batman's outings can stay gritty and Nolan-ish while, say, Booster Gold can be his own quippy self. It's not like the entire world has to be painted by one film or character.
>but muh jared leto
Just have Leto be a new version of the Joker in the same universe, with the Heath one dead since the events of the Dark Knight. I know the you can argue the joker "hates copycats" but in the context of one having died years earlier, this could totally work. I can imagine a scene where Bruce goes "The Joker is dead! You're just some kid in a clown suit" and Leto lectures him that as long as there is order, there will always be a Joker to break it. Or some shit like that anyway.
>but suicide squad
Yeah DC really fucked up with having those characters all on the squad before facing batman. Obviously the movie won't be shelved by now, so this would HAVE to be fixed with a prequel.
>but the dark knight rises/whole trilogy is shit
Contrarian memes aside it's really not, Bane's motivations may have been a little..unconventional, sure, but the character himself was really captured well. In any case he was miles better than Lex who BvS already shat over.
Honestly I feel like this is the only way to really save the DCCU aside from completely retconning BvS out of the continuity. WB fucked up trying too hard to not be like Marvel and this is the only way to give Batman any proper anchoring in the universe. (unless you want to use Gotham as his origin for the films but that's an entirely different can of worms)
>>
bump for opinions
>>
>>82929037
....so we're supposed to imagine Daredevil-era Affleck in Begins?

Besides JJJ is Gordon already.
>>
It doesn't need to be made explicitly canon. It wouldn't help really.

Some people, like myself, like to include it as soft head canon. Even though the events didnt happen 100% the same, it's fun to imagine Batfleck having encounters with Scarecrow, Two-Face, the Jokester, Bane, etc.
>>
>>82930629
Probably, it's sort of like how the Schumacher films are a "continuation" of the Burton films even though there's obvious differences like Two-Face being white instead of black.
>>
>>82930629
I mean if the MCU could switch out Hulk's actor I'd imagine it would be possible with Batman too.
>Besides JJJ is Gordon already.
Did gordon even appear in bvs? I don't recall him, unless he has an appearance in suicide squad.
>>
>>82929037
I didn't even open your thread, but it's a bad idea. Sorry, just had to let you know. You already know why anyway anon. Won't be reading your responses as I'm going to other threads I'm interested in.
>>
>>82930735
>Did gordon even appear in bvs?

He didn't appear there but JK Simmons is going to be cast as Gordon.
>>
>>82930735
For JL1 at least.
>>
Reboot MOS/BvS but keep the same cast
>>
File: 5R0JgGH.gif (1 MB, 292x323) Image search: [Google]
5R0JgGH.gif
1 MB, 292x323
>>82929037
ughh, someone delete this thread.
>>
Wouldn't it make more sense to just assume that they're 2 different Earths in the Multiverse?Hell,you could argue that every live action DC adaptation is part of a single Multiverse
>>
>>82931021
Please no. The Flash already almost fucked that up by including the 90's flash in an easter egg scene so everyone now thinks they're part of the same multiverse too.
>>
>>82929037
DELET THIS
>>
>>82930845
>>82931610
No, fuck you anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.