[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 595.jpg (68 KB, 595x309) Image search: [Google]
595.jpg
68 KB, 595x309
What did he mean?
>>
He meant that the idea of closure is infantile.
>>
>>82921565
Which is why we got more Watchman comics!
>>
>>82921540
Something can only be justified by its ends if they come to an end - except everything causes something else and it never, ever stops.
>>
Adrian's grand plan was at best a stopgap. That's the significance of the mushroom cloud in the final panel.
>>
>>82921540

Your life can come to an end.

That naked blue guy is a fucking retard
>>
>>82921540
>movie botches this line big time
>>
>>82922582
>mushroom cloud
wow looking much into it are we
>>
>>82922608
2edgy4me
>>
>>82922712
Really? You don't see that, in the sphere?
>>
>>82922582
Manhattan is too autistic for contextual implications like that.
He's just harping on the word use. 'The end' taken literally would mean that from now on everything will remain the same forever as the end state has been reached. Obviously the future will hold other problems and and challenges but that's not what Adrian meant, he meant this problem. Which he solved.
>>
>>82922608
A living body and a dead body have the same number of particles, familia
>>
>>82921540
On the surface, he's telling Adrian that human cycles of violence and shifts of power will never end and that his plan could not possibly create eternal peace on the planet. On a meta level, it's a comment on the cyclical nature of comics.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.