[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That faggot who doesn't shut the fuck up about superheroes/the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 22
File: ChLMhA7W0AAIrtc.jpg (30 KB, 599x456) Image search: [Google]
ChLMhA7W0AAIrtc.jpg
30 KB, 599x456
>That faggot who doesn't shut the fuck up about superheroes/the MCU but refuses to read any comics

I can't be the only one dealing with this
>>
You just described most of /co/.
>>
>>82910058
I don't have any friends.
>>
>>82910058
Maybe you shouldn't be hanging out with children.
>>
An infuriating trend to be sure. Listening to the banter between normies about how things are "in the comics" when none of the involved parties have actually read them is the worst part of going to watch a Marvel/DC adaptation. I bring headphones now, I just can't listen to it.
>>
its probably because the comics are shit
>>
>>82910058
>that guy who researches wikipedia so he can sound like he knows what hes talking about

I work with a kid like this and its so painfully obvious that he does it
>>
The movies are currently better than the comics, fuck off.
>>
>>82910500
>"in the comics"
That phrase gives me AIDS because of how frequently it gets bandied about by retards.
>>
>>82910058

I agree. That's why I never watch or discuss any adaptations of anything unless I've read or saw the original first.

I don't watch or discuss much of anything, really.
>>
>>82910914
Not sure when decades of way better comics stopped existing. Hang yourself.
>>
>>82910914
kill yourself
>>
>>82911156
>defending current Marvel
no kill YOURself.
>>
>>82910406
I'm new to /co/, what should I know about it here?
>>
>>82911048
nobody wants to keep talking about old shit
>>
>>82910058
Yea I had to deal with this in high school. There were only two people who read comics at my school and I was one of them and the other one hates dc. I had to deal with these redit fags taking about young justice, I don't like modern cape cartoons so I haven't even seen it, they bring up super boy. So I say "yea, he is a clone of Lex Luther with some super man DNA." Then they get shity with me for spoiling a lame cartoon.
So I get pissed and tell them martain man hunter girl is a white martain. They did not believe me at the time.
I almost slapped the shit out of one of those reddit fags when they told me marvel was cornier than dc.
>>
>>82911305
Company A is best, Company B is worst.
>>
You are probably the only person who deals with this because people who only watch the MCU probably don't care to talk about superheroes unless someone else brings it up
>>
>>82910058
Go blog about it
>>
>>82910058
I am not autist
>>
File: 4be809d40c6d9.jpg (57 KB, 608x229) Image search: [Google]
4be809d40c6d9.jpg
57 KB, 608x229
>>82910058
>It's like the comics!
>Doesn't read any comics
>>
>>82911305
lurk more, newfag
>>
>>82913446
I have soo many stories about these fucks they just looked up wikis on characters and acted like they have read everything with that character in it.
The told me batman could beat swamp thing so I showed them the panel where swamp the knocks batman the fuck out.
I didn't even know of Image comics I hated these kids so much I'm getting nerd rage ptsd.
>>
>>82910058
>be with friends

>suddenly they start talking about superheroes DC and the MCU

>Accidentally show my power level and start talking about the actual comics.

>Everyone stares at me silently and then continue talking about something else.

Every time.
>>
>>82913707
I meant they not I, I can't type when I'm mad.
>>
>gosh this scene/character would be so cool in the movies/netflix/live action
>>
>>82910706
Are you a special ed teacher?
>>
>They believe Batman and Spiderman exists together in the same comic universe.
>Then they say the read comic books that's why they have a Batman shirt.
Even when little kids say shit like the I want to slap the fuck out of them.
>>
I'm not even fucking joking, I go to uni and some kids literally spun it into an entire project. We had to do a presentation on an issue a business faces and my group did how apple sources their manufacturing to China and worker suicides, and another did about how uber regularly fucks over their drivers, but these 2 autistic fucks dragged the other 2 kids in their group into doing their assignment on "why the marvel movies need better villians". It was so fucking painful. It was the major assignment in the class and we had to give a proposal presentation and a final one too and both were so fucking cringe worthy it was unbelievable. Some good quotes include "marvel was founded in the 20s by Stan Lee" and "if you compare these marvel movies such as Avengers and Deadpool to DC's Man of Steel and The Dark Knight, you'll see DC has much more memorable villians"
It was like watching a fish flop around on the floor
>>
>>82913446
>Batman Begins got it wrong, the Joker killed Bruce's parents!
>So glad Harry finally became Hobgoblin for Spider-Man 3!
>Ugh, Batman is such a pussy for not killing people!

High school was hell. I'm pretty sick of the "its the best time in history to be a comic book fan" meme. Normies and dudebros being part of geek culture is fucking shitty.
>>
>>82911305
Cartoons with animals as characters are considered furries.
>>
>>82910058
Just let tell him:
"Hey... anon... uhh i really don't want to talk about super-heroes anymore..."
>>
File: 1463463992992.png (63 KB, 223x235) Image search: [Google]
1463463992992.png
63 KB, 223x235
>>82914006
>all of that greentext
How did you survive that shit and not put a bullet through their brains? Also:
>Ugh, Batman is such a pussy for not killing people!
Did Snyder go to highschool with you?
>>
>>82911305
Talking about the horse show is forbidden in this place.
>>
>>82910058

Now I can understand people who like the idea of superheroes and enjoy the movies but aren't willing to sink the time and money into trying to get invested in such a huge-ass backlog of stories featuring such things.

It's the people who do that, then somehow act like comics are beneath them, or don't count when discussing those themes and characters , who royally piss me off.
>>
>be talking with my sister about new civil war movie
>spew some bull shit I know about the comics from what I have read at the shop.
>She starts talking about it in greater detail
>Oh fuck she reads comics
>start sweating
>change subject to age of ultron
>she hasn't see it yet
>so she goes back to the civil war comics
>start to sweat harder
>"yea I know Ironman made Spiderman's new suit."
>Don't know what else to say that pretty much was the extent of my civil war knowledge.
>She asks if I have even read it.
>Sweat even harder
>"Y-yea of course"
>Awkward silence
>stop drop
>hit the floor
>everybody walk the dinosaur
>>
In high school I had to deal with fake DC fags who read wikis not comics. The only marvel character the would speak of was paste pot peat because of some joke they saw on reddit. I am glad I will never have to be in the same building as those losers ever again.
>>
>>82914161
>How did you survive that shit and not put a bullet through their brains?
I smoked a lot of weed in high school so I was usually high back then. But if the person said something like that I would usually correct them or let it go, but if I didn't like them, I would call them out on it and blow up their spot for being pretentious.
>>
>>82910058

Welcome to my life. People pissing and moaning about how Iron Fist is white or Spider-Man isn't a girl or what the fuck ever they've found to complain about today.
>>
>>82910914

You're just wrong though.
>>
>>82913924

When I first started reading comics as like an 8 or 9 year old I knew Marvel and DC were different universes. So even from kids I don't fucking get it.

Though at the time they were doing Marvel vs DC so it made it really obvious

>Ongoing NightClaw series please?!

The people who piss me off the post these days are MCU shills. The type of people who think Civil War was a good event and think Tony Stark is an A list Marvel character (well he might be since the films, but before hand...)
>>
>>82913989
Good lord, I don't want to believe this is true.
>>
File: Patsy-Walker-A.K.A.-Hellcat-9.jpg (279 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Patsy-Walker-A.K.A.-Hellcat-9.jpg
279 KB, 900x1366
>>82915941
I know, right? Who couldn't love stuff like this? How can the MCU even compare?
>>
>>82916058
>Tony Stark is an A list Marvel character
Speaking of this, the amount of people who were butthurt about the Mandarin twist in Iron Man 3 vastly outnumbers the amount of people I've EVER seen talk about the character, or Iron Man comics in general.
>>
>>82916192

Fuck you! I was eight or nine and Nightclaw ruled!
>>
>>82913989
I never knew words could cause me physical pain.
>>
>>82916419
His rad butterfly swords and cool red and black suit, awesome powers and design. He was cool to me also as a kid, but not as cool as Cable.
>>
>STOP ENJOYING MY HOBBY WRONG REEEEEE
>>
>>82910058
I have a friend who does the same with the DC cartoons and tv shows. Whenever he says things like "in the comics, this happens"
It's like, bitch you don't even read comics.
"Yeah, but I wiki it"
>>
>>82910058

I met that person last week.

They were more mad the MCU was missing Demon in a Bottle than I was. Like, downright furious. I was just mildly saddened, and I love the idea of a superhero having, and living with that kind of damage.
>>
>>82916210

What if part of your butthurt stemmed from how that "twist" simply did NOT work with the pieces we saw moving in Iron Man 1 and 2?
>>
>>82913989

What the fuck. That's not even well researched. What the fuck.

They could have done something on Marvel's problem on turning high ticket sales into higher comic sales. But they went with... what the fuck is that?
>>
>>82914283
I've had numerous friends who are big fans, but when it comes to wish lists, they specifically put shot like "comic book stuff, but no actual comic books "
>>
>>82916583
That person is pretty stupid, Demon in a Bottle is kind of a weak story anyway but parts of it are in the Iron Man trilogy anyway. Whiplash was and Tony getting drunk were in 2, and 3 kinda compromised Tony's alcoholism with the PTSD, I thought that was a decent trade-off. A depiction of alcoholism would probably push the movie to being rated R.

I'm mad there will never be a Kraven's Last Hunt in the MCU.
>>
>>82916606
That's a valid complaint, there are plenty of great reasons to be mad about that movie but I'm sick of faggots pretending to give a fuck about characters they can't be bothered to read.
>>
>>82916561
It's more about people unwilling to look at the source material when they claim to be experts, for some reason comics get hit with this pretty bad. Do fans of Sherlock pretend to be fans of the original novels?
>>
>>82916549

I have no idea why I liked Cable as a kid, but I did.

Growing up reading the rad shit comics in the 90s were going through was great.

>90s Thor = Best Thor
>90s Aquaman = Best Aquaman
>>
>>82917385
I prefer 80s Thor
>>
>>82916210
Are you sue they weren't mad because they liked the character in the movie. I couldn't give a shit about comics Mandarin, but they were doing something really interesting with him in the movie, and Killian wasn't nearly as cool.
>>
I'm the only one that reads comics but luckily my friends admit while they love the MCU they know nothing about the actual stories. And enjoy me rambling certain characters and plot lines. Hell just last year I blew their minds that Spidey wasn't married to MJ.
>>
>>82918165
I'm pretty much the same, but I think they more just tolerate my rambling than enjoy it
>>
>>82918219
I say about 1/3 of the time they are not interested. Still doesn't stop them from asking about certain characters and things that appear in the MCU. GotG was a long ass night.
>>
File: 1453211532922.jpg (68 KB, 480x750) Image search: [Google]
1453211532922.jpg
68 KB, 480x750
>>82910058
My class is even worse.

You've got group A. Those that think they are masters of comics, but they only watch the films.

Then you've got group B. Those that think they're better than group A, but only because they're closer friends with me and have read a few wikipedia articles or YouTube videos.

I've tried to get people to read comics, but they just can't. A guy from group b actually bought GA/GL like a year ago but hasn't even opened it to try reading it. He just lies having it on his shelf.
>>
>>82920092
Even my girlfriend is more into comics than them.

>What's your favourite comic you're reading atm?
>Oh it's Omega Men. It's by the CIA guy.
>Starting to think you like him more than me.
>You're not wrong.

Meanwhile both groups will make fun of women all day long and say they don't actually like comics while my girlfriend reads Tom Kings finest.
>>
>>82920125
Dump your girl for CIA
>>
>>82920141
Easier said than done. He has a wife/kids of his own.
>>
>>82920157
I believe in you
>>
>>82920157
I want to be Tom King's kid.
>>
>>82920178
>>82920246
I want to be Tom King's Daddy
>>
>>82910058
Maybe you should shut the fuck up and read a comic for once then, faggot.
>>
>>82920246
>>82920265
I want to be Tom King
>>
>>82920276
;)
>>
>"hey Anon, I want that super expensive Hellboy figure"
>already has an axtensive collection of figures and goodies and shirts of books and characters she never read about
>ask why she wants a figure of Hellboy since she never read it and barely knows him
>"I just like the guy, I like the drawings"
>"then why don't you buy the books first?"
>"some day"

I have the entire collection here and I'm dying to talk about it with people outside of 4chan and she pulls this.
>>
I have the ability to discuss the movies without once referncing comics. Its not hard, you autist
>>
>>82920314
I don't think that's as bad. I bet you've done the same thing when you saw an anime figure on AmiAmi or something. There's always that want to buy it, wait for it to arrive and cum all over its head.

Am I fuck reading 900 manga chapters about it though.

I'm assuming she wants to shove Hellboys giant fist of doom up her pussy.
>>
File: 1406087957132.jpg (405 KB, 787x425) Image search: [Google]
1406087957132.jpg
405 KB, 787x425
>SUPERMAN IS JUST AN OVERPOWERED GULLIBLE BITCH THAT'S WHY BATMAN KICKS HIS ASS ALL THE TIME.
>BATMAN CAN BEAT ANY. ONE. PERIOD.
>#WHOWILLWIN
I'm a batfag but this is the shit that really triggers me.
>>
>>82920338
>I bet you've done the same thing when you saw an anime figure on AmiAmi or something.
I don't have any merch related to something I plan on reading or watching like she does.

My main issue isn't with the act of buying, it's with the act of piling up stuff related to content you've never atcually experienced.

I'm not mad about it, just weirded out because it doesn't make sense to me.

Especially since the main appeal is in the book or series or w/e, not in whatever toy is made. The toy is a bonus.
>>
>>82920381
Could be worse. I know people that buy comics to have them and show them, rather than read them.
>>
>>82920396
That's pretty much the shelf threads in here
>>
>>82920396
Oh and she's also heavily into Harley QUinn, but never read anything.

One day she was talking about how intelligent and talented Harley is, and how good of a doctor she is, and I started laughing and told her Harley got her degree by sleeping around for it. Also said (after she sent me a tumblr image of Harley out of context) that I understood now why so many people "liked her" but didn't know her".
She got mad at me for making fun of her and her "free sexuality", and for being an elitist who insists on you reading the books you talk about.
>>
>>82920502
Well she's not wrong. You can totally like concepts and out-of-context scenes from characters.

Really, you should just abuse this. Let her dress up as Harley Quinn for you and ram her.
>>
>>82920525
>You can totally like concepts and out-of-context scenes from characters.
But you can hardly call yourself a fan of a movie just because you saw two scenes and a few gifs. And you certainly shouldn't start explaining who the characters are or what the plot is.
>>
File: file.png (193 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
file.png
193 KB, 480x360
>>82920556
trueee trueeeeeeee
>>
File: 1399841150553.png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1399841150553.png
386 KB, 667x670
>>82913781
I know that feel.
>>
>>82910914
ayy lmao
>>
This thread reads like autism
>>
>>82921344
Takes one to know one!
>>
File: 1418058397956.png (247 KB, 283x427) Image search: [Google]
1418058397956.png
247 KB, 283x427
>>82920379
>Superman sucks because he is too overpowered and can do anything! Meanwhile Batman is a normal human just like me!
>ok who would win in a fight between superman and batman?
>Batman of course!
Every single time.
>>
>>82921578
>I like Batman over Superman because he's more relatable
>>
>>82921638
triggerd
>>
>>82921578

Superman autist detected.
>>
>>82921810
No, it's more the two arguements contradict each other. You can't say Superman is a boring guy because he's unstopable followed by saying you favorite is great because he can beat Superman.
>>
>>82921885

Hah!

You think I give fucks about Superman. As I'm not an American who gives zero fucks for your frontier bullshit I literally don't.

My favorite moment with Superman is him talking about the abundance of the earth in THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS.

Literally I view Superman as a good supporting character but I think he's a lame starring character.
>>
>>82921954
Fair enough but I hope you understand the irony in calling Superman boring/shit because of his "power" and then calling Batman is great because he can beat said unbeatable guy. That's not the same as saying you just don't like Clark's personality.
>>
>>82921954
I'm from Scotland and Superman is one of my favourites.
>>
>>82910914
You got me on civil war friendo sense it's comic was shit
Everything else is up in the air
>>
>>82914199
But i like bojack horseman
>>
>>82916210
I don't know about others but i watched the 90's cartoon and it pissed me off
>>
>>82922045
Hi, Garth.
>>
>>82910706
>>that guy who researches wikipedia so he can sound like he knows what hes talking about
>I work with a kid like this and its so painfully obvious that he does it

This is the fucking worst.
It's even worse when they justify it.
>So? Why do I need to read a comic when I know what happened in it?

This enrages me to no end, same people who don't watch a movie but get their opinion of it from some youtuber
>>
>watch and enjoy MCU
>read and enjoy marvel comics
>don't give a shit what other people do with their time

I feel like I'm the only one sometimes /co/
>>
Nothing wrong with people being invested in the movie characters without reading the comics. But it is pure cringe when someone pretends to have read them to seem 'smart' in a conversation.
>>
>>82923100
I just need to find a place where I can discuss one without the other popping up. MCU fans and comic fans don't mix it seems. Trying to find a place like that for Marvel comics is nearly impossible in my experience.

>>82923127
This. People need to understand they are fans of different things.
>>
>>82920379
>I'm a batfag but this is the shit that really triggers me.

Extremely similar, to be completely truthful, he of kin.

Discussing power levels in capecomics is the sign of the plebeian.
>>
Well comics are medium a lot people just aren't that interested in. It requires reading and sitting down to focus on one thing.

Reminds me of a friend who really liked the Watchmen movie and wanted to read the comic because I was sperging about how good it was, but he was just too fucking lazy to sit down and read it, despite borrowing it from me on several occasions, so I just ended up linking him the narrated motion comic, which he saw and enjoyed.
>>
>>82921954
>You think I give fucks about Superman.

Did anyone else read this in a thick russian accent?

Anyways, shut up Artyom, go read good comics instead of that "TOP 10 ESSENTIAL BATMAN STORIES" shit.
>>
>>82923413
Not Russian, Mexican. All the people on /co/ with hilariously broken English are Mexican for some reason.
>>
>>82923358
>tfw you have ADHD and blaze through comics you want to read
>>
>>82920502
>Oh and she's also heavily into Harley QUinn, but never read anything.
To be fair, anything with Harley outside of Batman TAS tends to be complete shit.
>>
>>82922491
Garth is Irish, stupid.
>>
>>82910058

Im the only guy in my friend group who's read the comics but just enough to know that the comics are weird and strange.
>>
>>82923442
If you faggots hate truth, justice, and the American way so much, why to you keep hopping the fence?
>>
>>82924604
To destroy every wall in America before it's too late
>>
File: 1436917991267.jpg (27 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
1436917991267.jpg
27 KB, 402x402
>>82910432
I'll be your friend anon.
>>
>>82910058
I like the movies, but I don't give a shit about the comics.
>>
Does synergy even work or is it a lost cause? It turns me off from material personally
>>
>>82914283
I'm one of these people I have to admit. I just was never really introduced into comics before these movies and ever since I watched every movie in the MCU I bought a couple of flash and batman comics not even marvel cause I wanted more variety but since I just haven't been able to afford more.
>>
>>82924829
Then why are you on the comics board?
>>
>>82924829
(You)
>>
>>82916744
>Demon in a Bottle is kind of a weak story anyway but parts of it are in the Iron Man trilogy anyway.
So much moviefag wrongness.

>Whiplash was and Tony getting drunk were in 2, and 3 kinda compromised Tony's alcoholism with the PTSD, I thought that was a decent trade-off
It wasn't true PTSD, it was quirky random spasms that Tony would get out of nowhere. And it's in none of the new films.
>>
>>82924909
>Does synergy even work or is it a lost cause?
There's a small surge in sales but it's nothing that lasts.

Really Harley Quinn is the only successful example of media synergy in comics.
>>
>>82924909
The only synergy I really want is for them to use the MCU Ant-Man suit in the comics. That suit is pure sex.
>>
>>82925465
Demon in a Bottle is a really lame and reductive portrayal of alcoholism, fuck off. It's really not that good of a story.
>>
>>82925570
There's 2 MCU Ant-Man suits Lang used. The other being the Civil War one
>>
>>82925465
How is he a moviefag if he's identifying elements of an Iron Man comic that are in a movie?
>>
>>82925682
I'm aware of that. That's why I posted an image of the one I was talking about.
>>
>>82925570
The Ant-Man movie suit is pure ass. Do casuals seriously have such shit taste? You like generic leather and a gay helmet?
>>
>>82926003
>gay helmet
That helmet looks way gayer than the movie one.
>>
>>82925893
>>82926035
I prefer the Civil War suit's helmet just because how much it looks like 616 Ultron's head.
>>
>>82911305
Mean-spirited cartoons are objectively bad.
>>
>>82925768
>How is he a moviefag if he's identifying elements of an Iron Man comic that are in a movie?
Iron Man 2 has nothing to do with Demon in a Bottle other than Tony getting drunk in one scene and his alcoholism isn't brought up in any of the other films.
>>
>>82910058
MCU is, in fact, of much better quality than the Marvel universe in it's current state. Anyone who disagrees is in denial.
>>
>>82926208
The original plans was for Iron Man 2 to be Demon in a Bottle but RDJ was too uncomfortable with it. It's related in a sense
>>
>>82910058
why would i, comics are for nerds roflmao
>>
>>82910058
>people enjoying things you like but not in the specific media format you like or prefer.

Textbook autism.
>>
File: moe.jpg (18 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
moe.jpg
18 KB, 500x449
>>82910058
>there are people masochistic enough to indulge themselves in the retcon-happy, plot convoluted, bipolar characterization ridden, disgustingly pretentious world of Cape Comics
>these same people get upset when other people decide to just stick to a much cleaner low-fat version of literally the same shit, in a misguided sense of elitism

Off yourselves
>>
>>82926208
Elements of DIAB are in both Iron Man 2 and 3. You would know this if you actually read the book.
>>
>>82910058
>That faggot that constantly goes "But in the comics..."

I'm that faggot
>>
>>82926216
>MCU is, in fact, of much better quality than the Marvel universe in it's current state.
Hmm. No.
>Vision
>Daredevil
>Moonknight
>Old Man Logan
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>Deadpool
>>
>>82926618
>literally only 6 (Six) comics out of a huge line-up
Like I said before:

Denial.
>>
>>82926618
>unironically like "Totally Awesome Hulk"
>>
File: 1462737540039-co.jpg (106 KB, 540x355) Image search: [Google]
1462737540039-co.jpg
106 KB, 540x355
>>82910058
>reading marvel comics
I don't need my daily dose of cultural enrichment that bad
>>
File: batongaville.jpg (55 KB, 453x250) Image search: [Google]
batongaville.jpg
55 KB, 453x250
>>82926266
>but RDJ was too uncomfortable with it.
>RDJ
>Not willing to play a substance abuser

When did this meme start? It's literally what his acting career is built on. RDJ and Favreau wanted to do Demon in a Bottle, Disney said no.
>>
>>82926771
That's why he had an issue with it
>>
>>82926771
Disney had nothing to do with the MCU while Favreau was still around.
>>
>>82926799
He's said in interviews it's his favorite IM storyline and he wanted to do it, but understood why Disney thought it was too dark. You're pulling things out of your ass.
>>
>>82926872
Disney owned Marvel before Iron man 2 finished
>>
>>82926872
Disney took over before IM2.
>>
>>82926671
Those six books are better than anything in the MCU.

There's also a few I didn't mention like Ant-Man, Loki and Ms. Marvel.
>>
>>82910058
I'm formerly guilty, but a week ago I read my first comic "superior Iron man" .
>>
>>82918219
I'm in the same boat
>>
>>82926771
>When did this meme start?
After that AOU interview where he got buttmad and left because the journalist brought up drugs and his daddy issues. Pretty sure he was just tired of answering the same questions over and over again. and the subject was kind of inappropriate.
>>
>>82926961
The fact that you actually believe that is sad. How desperate are you that you consider "Totally Awesome Hulk" and "Old Man Logan" something beyond mediocre?

Let it go anon, cape comics are terrible and haven been terrible for years.
>>
File: mC7cTyN3.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
mC7cTyN3.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
>>82910058
Every. Single. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>82926488
>Elements of DIAB are in both Iron Man 2 and 3.
He got drunk in Iron Man 2 and that's it.
PTSD was barely a plot point in Iron Man 3 and certainly wasn't a replacement like your ignorant ass assumed it was.
>>
>>82927011
Hulk is a fun book that I have feeling you're taking the piss out of because of the title "Totally Awesome" and not because you read it and didn't like it.

Old Man Logan is great too, and I don't mind that there's like three Wolverines now in 616
>>
>>82926961
Loki finished a few months back Anon.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 254x198) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 254x198
>>82910706
>Be me

>Senior year of high school, part of a robotics club at the school.

>We're having a robotics competition and it's almost over, friend leans into ask me what Civil War II is about since he heard about it and knew I was into comics.

>I basically explain how they're trying to cash in on the success of the movie and if he was going to get into comics not to stop there.

>There's a kid sitting behind us from another team, very scrawny, white kid with ginger hair. Leans in to us, quickly asking

>"Hey! Are you guys talking about Civil War? Did you know I read the comic?"

>People start to stare so I pretend I'm a normal fag and just play along.

>He goes ahead and tries to explain the story to me and my friend and completely botches it.

>Apparently, to him, his version of Civil War started because there were too many heroes and Tony wanted to keep track of them while Cap didn't. They started a fight and Tony calls Spider-Man because he needed someone who's stronger than Cap to fight him. He then hires the Punisher who shot Cap and killed him. Spider-Man got pissed started to fight Tony. Tony told Punisher to shoot Aunt May so that Peter would stop. This caused Peter go to Doctor Strange and ask for him to make a portal to hell so he could sell his soul to the devil to erase Civil War from ever happening.

>MFW
>>
>>82927126
Are you forgetting that Whiplash was in 2? You clearly haven't read the book, dude. Elements of the story are there.
>>
>>82927334
>if he was going to get into comics not to start* there.

Sorry, my bad.
>>
>>82927334
The adults are talking, son.
>>
>>82910058
>He says his favorite superhero is Iron Patriot
>Likes him so much he got a plastic toy of Iron Patriot
>Hasn't even watched Iron Man 3
>Can't read comics
GOD DAMN IT I HATE MY FOUR YEAR OLD BROTHER SO MUCH FUCK
>>
>>82927334
>Senior year of high school
>>
>>82927350
>Are you forgetting that Whiplash was in 2?
He and Hammer had a minor cameos in DIAB and don't play the same roles in the film
>>
>>82927334
You must be 18 years or older to post here, son.
>>
>>82910058
>see Deadpool
>walking out of theater
>"why did the make deadpool so underpowered?"
>"he usualle has alot more powers"
>>
>>82914199
wait wait wait , why dont we talk about bojack again?
>>
>>82927693
No shit faggot. Parts of the story were there. That's as close as we're ever gonna with Disney.
>>
>>82910058
Why do the comics even matter? They're like a side-canon at this point, if anything.
>>
>>82927766
...Did this nigger think Barakapool was more accurate?
>>
>>82928364
It's where the ideas come from
>>
>>82926771
That dumb ass junkie would probably be back on the charlie horse.
>>
>>82910983
Are you me?
>>
>>82928364
I like reading comics for its own sake.
And I enjoy a lot of comics with no chance of being turned into movies anytime soon. It's amazing how easily people forget how many comics fall into that category.
>>
>>82927886
>Parts of the story were there.
No they weren't.
>>
>>82929502
Not that anon, but yes they were. They were small and you might not like them, but they were there.
>>
>>82910058
me

but mainly because I don't have anyone to teach me about comics

I live a block away from my LCS but I'm too scared to talk to the guy behind the counter
>>
>>82930612
It's not rocket science, dude.
>>
>>82930612
Just pick a character you like and buy some books.
>>
>>82930612
As someone who used to WORK at his LCS, I don't blame you.
Most are creepy nerd caves.
>>
>>82930612
Don't be stupid. You can always ask /co/ about comics.
>>
>>82930668
but I look like a huge fucking normie. he probably thinks I'm gonna rob the place

>>82930704
can you recommend me some Black Panther?

>>82930777
I mean it's a cool place but it just feels awkward going in there.

>>82930784
recommend me some good black panther?
>>
>>82930612
What do you think internet shopping is for?
>>
>>82911305
/co/ - /pol/ & /tv/
>>
>>82930612
he is way more scared about impressing you, anon. IF you have money that is...
>>
>>82930977
Priest Run Marvel Knights imprint for BP
>>
>>82926771
I spoke with Bob Layton at a con once, and he said basically the same thing. Demon in a bottle was what they told him they wanted to do, but Disney said no.
>>
>>82916210
I was butthurt simply because I was worried that movie synergy would dictate that The Mandarin will never appear in the comics again.
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.