[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: jl-social-37-78fae.jpg (283 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
jl-social-37-78fae.jpg
283 KB, 900x470
Last night, news surfaced that Warner Bros. had reportedly placed exec Jon Berg and DC Entertainment CCO Geoff Johns in charge of the DC Films division. Johns addressed the report and the DC universe during a meeting with Vulture, where he made it clear that he believes the brand needs hope and optimism.

Though he didn't directly confirm the earlier report, he said that "you can connect the dots." Nevertheless, he did discuss the future of the DC brand, which he believes needs more "hope and optimism."

>"There's a lot of emotional underpinning of the characters and the stories," he shared. "It's not that people take it for granted. They’re just not as aware of it. But when it's not there, you really feel that emptiness.”

>"I think people make a mistake when they say, 'Superman's not relatable because he's so powerful,'' he added. "I'm like, 'Are you kidding me? He's a farmboy from Kansas who moves to the city and just wants to do the best he can with what he's got.' That's the most relatable character in the world."

The alleged creative shuffle at DC Films comes after the lukewarm reception of "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," which may have resulted in the appointing of Ben Affleck as a producer on "Justice League" and the firing of director Seth Grahame-Smith from "The Flash" film. Additionally, some reshoots were done on "Suicide Squad" to "smooth out the third act."

"Suicide Squad," the next installment in the DC Cinematic Universe, hits theaters on August 5.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/geoff-johns-wants-dc-films-to-include-more-hope-optimism
>>
Hmmm
>>
I really wanted an R rated Ayer's Suicide Squad movie

Sabotage is a grueling bloodbath of pure ugliness...I guess its not for everyone though (it wasn't popular and got bad reviews)
>>
>>82902622
SAVE US CEREAL KING
>>
>>82902622
>Geoff Johns in charge of DCEU.
This week keeps getting better.
>>
SOFT
REBOOT

DCEU: REBIRTH WHEN?
>>
>>82902622
>just wants to do the best he can with what he's got.
He's got the power of a fucking god compared to humans, fuck him.
>>
This seems kind of obvious just based on what he's written but I guess they have to inform the masses
>>
File: 1427374345490.jpg (39 KB, 600x536) Image search: [Google]
1427374345490.jpg
39 KB, 600x536
Friendly reminder:

Zack Synder said the reason he wanted to make a Watchmen movie is because he hates high brow things.
>>
>>82902622
Still blaming the audience for not liking a character.
I guess DC retards can't accept that maybe people just don't care about Superman.

People like Hulk and other powerful characters but if someone doesn't like Superman must be because "he doesn't get it!"
>>
>>82902699
>yfw we get a Flash hypercrisis movie
>>
File: 1458078435295.png (275 KB, 1362x915) Image search: [Google]
1458078435295.png
275 KB, 1362x915
>Superman should be inspirational
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

I guess this is shocking news to Snyder though
>>
>>82902715
I love this meme because it demonstrates exactly why he's relatable, if people reject to accept him despite his intentions and because of his differences then he is precisely what a lot of people feel when they strive to make others proud only to make most envious or filled with shallow hate.
>>
If Geoff Johns doesn't give us Johnseid and his versions of the New Gods, then I am all aboard for this.

I'd rather have someone like him in charge than Snyder.
>>
>>82902703
>DCEU: REBIRTH

it's funny because that's literally what it is

thank you based johns
>>
>inb4 he gets let go
>>
>>82902703
I would prefer a full "crisis" event it's a clusterfuck anyway
>>
>>82902715
Sometimes there's problems that you can't punch away.
>>
>he is just a guy trying to make the best with what he has

you mean like literally every other hero around?
>>
>>82902781
but that would give him more time to actually write comics so no real loss
>>
File: Cyborg and Jinx.jpg (59 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg and Jinx.jpg
59 KB, 960x540
>>82902622
The man who turned Cyborg from a fun loving tech enthusiast into a daddy issue sad sack wants more "hope and optimism."

Yeah. Sure.
>>
FUCKIN YAWN

SNYDER WILL BE VINDICATED
>>
>>82902703
In a way his is just an extension of rebirth, and it's beginning in all the right notes.
>>
>>82902823
Not really.
Batman fights crime because his parents's death left him scarred.
Spider-man does it mostly because he feels guilty over uncle Ben.
Cap because 1930s patriotism.
WW because of her culture's philosophy.

Almost every major Superhero does what they do because of some emotional or ideological reason, Superman just helps people because he can. There's no "mission" there, no big statement, no character struggle, he's just a nice guy who happens to be able to fly and shoot eye lasers.
>>
>>82902622
Hope recharging.
>>
File: HopeForMan.png (50 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
HopeForMan.png
50 KB, 256x256
>>82902622
>"hope and optimism."

Based Johns
>>
>>82903076
>no character struggle

Well there is struggle in the means of helping, but not in the decision whether to do it or not
>>
>>82903076
"does the best he do with what he has" has nothing to do with why they do it

Hal Jordan, Barry/Wally, MM, Captain Marvel etc. they still try their best with the abilities they have because they want to help people.
>>
>>82902622
MCU is fucked now
>>
They can trot out whoever they want but as long as Snyder's name is still anywhere near it they can fuck right off.
>>
>>82903076
It's a good time to make the change as well, the return of Superman will be a good switching point.
>>
>>82903076
Superman helps people because he feels like he has to because of the power he has. If he doesn't help people he would feel responsible because he has the power to help. Though part of him wishes he was a normal person which is why he clings to tightly to things like a secret identity and a normal job and life. He has his character struggles.
>>
what a goddamn shitshow
>>
>>82903148
it was very much a statement of motivation and divorcing it from that context like you're trying to do doesn't make sense
>>
Who cares? The DCEU is unsalvageable. Hope is dead. There wont be a good Superman film in my lifetime.

Fuck WB. They're not getting my money. Fool me twice, shame on me.
>>
>>82903076
I wouldn't even say that I associate Superman with fighting crime. He's more about saving the weak than punishing the guilty.
Batman is a cop. Wonder Woman is a diplomat. Superman is more like a fire fighter or an EMT.
>>
Save us cereal god
>>
>>82903148
You're right, I've read too much into your post. Sorry.

But I still think that's what John's meant, the whole no motivation thing is what sets supes apart and arguably makes him more relatable.
>>
>>82903196
>he return of Superman will be a good switching point.
Why?
I have yet to hear an explanation or theory as to how returning from the dead will cause people to treat Clark like less of a god and cause him to embrace his humanity more than his innate otherness.

It would've worked better the other way around; Clark being a human everyman, dying and coming back and him going "nobody else gets to come back. what does that make me" and having a crisis of faith there.
>>
>>82902815
Those problems you just put in a bottle.
>>
You needed to start with hope and optimism in the beginning to get the audience to buy in and root for the character. Then after that you can break it down and go darker because you already won them over, but for some reason Synder doesn't understand this.
>>
>>82903305
I mean it's good from a timing standpoint, rather than a narrative one.
>>
I hope and am optimistic that they'll just nuke the current universe and start over.
>>
>>82903215
>Superman helps people because he feels like he has to because of the power he has.
If that were really true he'd ditch the glasses and be Superman 24/7. But he doesn't, he still defines himself as Clark Kent first and helps people because he simply can.
>>
>>82902622
>Are you kidding me? He's a farmboy from Kansas who moves to the city and just wants to do the best he can with what he's got.' That's the most relatable character in the world."
Finally. Someone who gets it.
>>
>>82903178
The creation of DC Films means to me that Justice League will be the last of Snyder's directorial involvement. They'll meet whatever contract clause they have left with him and his wife and just let them go as early as they can.
>>
File: 4294724-saint.jpg (225 KB, 651x433) Image search: [Google]
4294724-saint.jpg
225 KB, 651x433
Believe in the Cereal Lord, everyone. Do not lose sight of hope.
>>
>>82902622
>He's a farmboy from Kansas who moves to the city and just wants to do the best he can with what he's got.' That's the most relatable character in the world."

>implying smart people can relate to american farmboys
>>
>>82903305
Oh God you just made me realize how much worse the Jesus metaphors will get when he comes back.
>>
>>82903215
>>82903378
depends on the version
>>
>Johns now in charge of damn near every branch of live-action adaptations
>Batman writing/directing his own movie

Was BvS the sacrifice required to kickstart the Hypercrisis?
>>
File: LaughingDecepticons.gif (569 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
LaughingDecepticons.gif
569 KB, 400x308
>>82902622

>hope
>optimism
>in Trump's America
>>
>>82903461
It's always darkest before the dawn.
>>
>>82902715
Lex, pls
>>
File: 1462083246312.png (309 KB, 500x585) Image search: [Google]
1462083246312.png
309 KB, 500x585
HE'S TRYING TO GIVE US HOPE AND OPTIMISM!
>>
>>82902622
Man, I really want Johns to be the guy for the DCEU movies. I hope he can pull it off. I'm not even a giant fan of his (all I ever read from him was Forever Evil), but at least he understands how stories work, which is more than I can say about Snyder, and he's actually passionate about these characters. The fact that he was involved with the Green Lantern movie gives me pause, but I root for him.
>>
>>82902669
I don't see why Suicide Squad needs to be R rated
I see alot of people say this but why?
It's not an explicit book the most you're losing is seeing extremities being blow off
>>
Also from the same article: Johns stepping away from writing duties.

>That said, he’s currently taking a break from writing comics for a while. He penned a status-quo-altering one-shot issue called DC Universe: Rebirth, which comes out in a week and was the topic of conversation at today’s journalist gathering — but after that his hands will be too full. Whatever he does next, it’ll be rooted in a belief that DC needs to understand the deep-seated warmth and love that people feel toward its pantheon. “There’s a lot of emotional underpinning of the characters and the stories," he said. "It's not that people take it for granted. They’re just not as aware of it. But when it’s not there, you really feel that emptiness.”
>>
File: trumps america.jpg (46 KB, 724x425) Image search: [Google]
trumps america.jpg
46 KB, 724x425
>>82903469
>Miley Cyrus leaving to Canada
>Rosie O'Donnel leaving to Canada
>49% of millennials may flee to U.S
You bet your cybertronian constructed ass there's going to be Hope & Optimism.
>>
File: image.jpg (497 KB, 915x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
497 KB, 915x1536
>>82903469
Nice try Hillary.

Also the fact that hope and optimism have to be pointed out as important in a fucking superman movie is six grades of sad.
>>
>>82903543
They don't read comics
>>
>>82903583

What if I'm Bernie instead? What say you, Anon?
>>
>>82903529
>(all I ever read from him was Forever Evil)

I highly suggest you pick up his entire Green Lantern run (Rebirth to where he left it a year or so into the New 52 reboot), his pre-Rebirth Flash run, and his entire JSA run.
>>
File: you make me sad.gif (667 KB, 310x216) Image search: [Google]
you make me sad.gif
667 KB, 310x216
>>82903567
>>That said, he’s currently taking a break from writing comics for a while.

Now we're never going to get a continuation of Shazam
>>
>>82903543
Because they saw Assault on Arkham and thought that was the greatest shit ever and how the Suicide Squad movie should be made
>>
>>82903650
His Action Comics is better than his GL imo
>>
>>82903680
we might but it will get cancelled in 10 issues
>>
>>82903396
Yeah but even then, that's Justice League. That's the big movie. That's the show.
Hell, BvS was similar. They've already attached their two biggest moments to a real shitbag.
>>
>>82903680
Maybe now he'll release his hold, and let Parker take over the character.
>>
File: 1462047545483.png (244 KB, 416x598) Image search: [Google]
1462047545483.png
244 KB, 416x598
>>82903521
Is there anyway to bring Lovepon into the DCU?
>>
File: No seriously you're dumb.png (152 KB, 1024x791) Image search: [Google]
No seriously you're dumb.png
152 KB, 1024x791
>>82903583
>Get told to dress like a Superhero
>Dresses like a politician to make some shallow statement
>Complains when people call her out on her bullshit
>>
>>82903650
All right, I look out for them! I actually also read one or two issues of his New 52 Justice League and found them pretty enjoyable, so it can't hurt to read more of him.
He was also the one who got all the Wally fans mad by bringing back Barry though, right?
>>
>>82902622
SNYDER'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>Richard Donner makes people believe a man can fly with Superman 1&2
>Gets Geoff Johns his big break and is now given the biggest opportunity of his career
>His wife Lauren Shuler Donner has made every X-men movie and gave Kevin Feige his big break
>Feige in command of the biggest movie franchise in Hollywood right now

They're literally Adam and Eve of Superhero movies
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 203x248
>>82903781
>politicians cant be superheros
Get a load of this baby boy
>>
>>82903378
You have a large contingent of Superman fans that want him to be Superman 24/7 and see him more as the son of Krypton than a farm boy from Kansas.
>>
>>82903781
>implying being unstumpable isn't a superpower

Does the superpower wiki have Media Teflon listed?
>>
File: ................Outrageous.gif (613 KB, 384x212) Image search: [Google]
................Outrageous.gif
613 KB, 384x212
>>82903583
Why on God's green earth would you dress as Trump for Superhero-Day?
>>
>>82903695

Oh right I forgot about his Superman work for some reason. Both Action Comics and his work on the main titled series in the New 52 are definitely worth reading.
>>
>>82903803
>He was also the one who got all the Wally fans mad by bringing back Barry though, right?

Technically yes but he had plans to use every speedster in his run that didn't pan out. Brought back Bart and Wally before that.
>>
>>82903781
And it's an especially BAD trump costume too. At least put some effort into it and style your hair or get a wig. Color your skin orange while you're at it.
>>
>>82903455
I suppose you're right.
But I prefer my Superman to save people because that's what Pa taught him not because he constantly hears the screams of people in pain all over the world.
>>
>>82903830
We'll never have a super politician like him again.
>>
>>82902622
>"I think people make a mistake when they say, 'Superman's not relatable because he's so powerful,'' he added. "I'm like, 'Are you kidding me? He's a farmboy from Kansas who moves to the city and just wants to do the best he can with what he's got.' That's the most relatable character in the world."

Russos absolutely #btfo
>>
>>82902622
Johns please save us from Snyder please
>>
>>82903830
Idolizing politicians.
Amerifriend pls, that's not what politics are for.
>>
>>82903933
Why the fuck is Snyder not fired yet?
>>
>>82903855
some people are just dumb and edgy, probably some idiots who dressed up like famous athletes too
>>
>>82903680
Yeah, anyone who believed that was gonna happen was fooling themselves.
>>
>>82903950
Because his wife in a WB producer.
>>
File: 1430121882832.jpg (3 MB, 3000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1430121882832.jpg
3 MB, 3000x1502
Is it too late though?

Can Johns save Superman?
>>
File: 1336963354569.jpg (78 KB, 639x595) Image search: [Google]
1336963354569.jpg
78 KB, 639x595

HE GETS IT!

DO YOU SEE THIS? HE ACTUALLY GETS IT!

HE'S NOT JESUS, HE'S NOT JUST SOME ALIEN MEANT TO SAVE US, HE'S A GUY FROM FUCKING KANSAS
>>
>>82904011
There is always hope anon.
Just not a lot of results.
>>
>>82903855
Trump is a real-life superhero, cuck.
>>
>>82903567
So much for Rise of the Seven Seas then.
>>
>>82903151
in which way? rivalry makes both sides stronger
Russos put their efforth on Civil War after they heard the news about the Batman v Superman movie
>>
>>82903232
>>82903237

>good news
>shit show

u wot m8
>>
>>82903950
It's too late, WB is betting heavily on the DCEU and they established that Snyder is the master mind behind it, if they fire him now their stock will plummet.
All they can do is wait untill they have a couple more properties going (inside and outside the DCU) and then give him a minor role.
>>
>>82903543
The only argument that I can muster for this is that it's a movie about villains, scum of the earth, the shouldn't be setting any kind of example, I would expect foul language and excessive violence from them as soon as they are let off their leashes.

I don't fully agree with the R rating, but it would make more sense for something like Suicide Squad or Wolverine ro get an R rating instead of Batman vs Superman or Spider-Man.
>>
>>82904028
I think the only real complaint people have about Johns Superman is that he kind of regressed the Daily Planet supporting cast. Everyone knew he always got it.
>>
>>82904082
>It's too late, WB is betting heavily on the DCEU and they established that Snyder is the master mind behind it
It's still not too late to fix this. Even if they say they are delaying JL for "creative differences" and get the worst of the internet on their backs, well, the worst of the internet is ALREADY on their backs. They can't do that much worse. Heck, this would probably be considered the best piece of positivity
>>
>>82904043
Are you going to post a Pepe meme next? How about a picture of a smug anime girl wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat?
>>
>>82904028
>For 5 years Geoff Johns just had to sit there while Goyer, a former collaborator, and Snyder just kept going on and on about a man torn between alien heritage and Kansas upbringing
>Forcing a smile everytime Snyder said, "THAT'S AWESOME" or "THAT'S SO COOL"
>>
>>82904043
>there are people judging and trying to understand the election without reading Scott Adams blog

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/139541975641/the-trump-master-persuader-index-and-reading-list

He really has a superpower, whether persuasion can get results in office remains to be seen.
>>
>>82902622
Save us Geoff
>>
>>82904146
It's not just the internet. Shareholders don't give a shit about what the internet says, if the studio shows signs that one of its main properties is an ungodly clusterfuck they WILL lose money.
The only thing they can do now is distract people with Harry potter and try to sort things out without making too much noise.
>>
>>82904043
Being a middling insult comedian from TV is not a superpower, anon.
>>
>just a guy from Kansas

he really isn't
>>
>>82904073
Iron Chef Morimoto! Today's secret ingredient is dog poop!

I don't care how creative they get with the ingredient. I'm not eating shit ice cream.
>>
File: Pokekek.png (67 KB, 449x1197) Image search: [Google]
Pokekek.png
67 KB, 449x1197
>>82902622
Bitch please.
>>
File: 1449117063714.jpg (13 KB, 255x244) Image search: [Google]
1449117063714.jpg
13 KB, 255x244
>>82903574
>New DC logo harks back to the classic bullet logo
>DC Rebirth actually looks kind of alright
>DC film division now an autonomous entity
>Geoff 'Trix Lantern' Johns in charge
>First statement is that he wants the films to be more like the comics and actually have some hope in them
>49% of the millennial cancer will flee to Cucknada if Trump is elected You know full well they'll continue sponging off their parents and refuse to work or do anything constructive 'in protest' for the next eight years

When did it all start going so right?
>>
>>82904368
You do realize you're a millennial, right?
>>
>>82903583
Dumb bitch got what she deserved
>>
If somehow Johns manages to make the DCEU more hopeful and further from Snyder's bullshit will people finally admit that he was a mistake?
>>
>>82904330
>>82904178
>>82904230

Just move to Canada already, faggots.
>>
>>82904410
You do realize you're projecting, right?
>>
Reminder that Johns was already a top executive for BvS and one of the 5-6 people with creative input on it.
>>
So we are trading Snyderfags for LE CEREAL KING fags
>>
>>82904410
How do you know he isn't 40+ years old?
>>
>>82904460
He's probably right though unless you're over 40
>>
>>82904460
That's what a millennial would say
>>
>>82904466
He was a token executive on movies like MoS, BvS and GL. He had zero real power to do anything, he was basically just a consultant.

Now he has real power.
>>
>>82903828
And Snyder is the serpent
>>
>>82904410
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7KzZY5PWg

Crank your headphones up extra-loud for this.
>>
>>82904460
That's not projecting, actually.

>>82904484
If so, the fagola has wasted his life and should an hero.
>>
>>82904529
you dont know that for sure
>>
>>82904459
What will you do if Hillary wins?
>>
>>82904482
yeah but the difference is that Johns actually has good DC stories to justify it
>>
>>82904368
Stay out of my country you fucking Americans. Your culture is toxic. You gave us the DCEU and turned a little hockey playing drummer kid into Justin Beiber. Handle your own shit and stop ruining ours.
>>
>>82904563
>Fagola
>An hero

/SRS is that way >>>
>>
>>82904559
Anon, you're 40 years old?
>>
>>82904584
Yeah, like the amazing Darkseid War

And since JL will have him I really can't wait for the shitshow
>>
>>82904608
The what now?
>>
>>82904459
I don't live in the US, thanks. Try not to cry too hard when your favorite reality TV show host doesn't make it into office, which he never will in a million years.
>>
File: 1458719853216.jpg (23 KB, 502x502) Image search: [Google]
1458719853216.jpg
23 KB, 502x502
>>82904563
>fagola
>>
>>82904609
>millennials are anyone under 40

What is Gen X
>>
>>82904632
sure let's pretend his good stories don't exist just to remain upset
>>
>>82904609
42, actually.

You kids are so funny. It's like watching the hippies lose it as the 80's kicked in and people became realists all over again.
>>
>>82904657
>the pumpkin man
That shit is hilarious.
>>
>>82902622
Great, now I can't complain about anything regarding Batman because of Johnsfags
>>
>>82904575
That's how producer credits work in Hollywood.

You don't actually think Steven Spielberg has anything to do with 90% of the projects he's a producer on do you?
>>
>>82904665
Gen X goes to 1982 tops, 1980 by most definitions.
>>
>>82904698
>destroying historical momunments and landscapes in scotland to put a golf course
>Trumpfags will defend this
>>
>>82904652
>I don't live in the US
Should've said so earlier, AMIGO.
>>
>>82904698
>Shitting on Alan Sugar

I swear it's impossible not to like this man on some level.
>>
>>82904691
Proof or GTFO.
>>
>>82904529
>citation needed
>>
>>82904757
I refuse to believe people in their 30's are Millennials.
>>
>>82904767
>Giving a shit about the Scottish

...you're one of them aren't you, you haggis-gargling job-dodger?
>>
>>82904665
Gen X is over 40 now. Gen Y are the first Melennials
>>
>>82902622
Eh, isn't it a little too late to remember that these characters are about hope and optimism? That should have been obvious from moment zero

Anyway, I'm not hyped at all about this, first it was based Terrio the one that was supposed to save these movies and BvS failed spectacularlly. I'm not falling for this one. Who knows, maybe they finally end surprising us.
>>
>>82904801
If you mean a specific subset of individual currently 25 and under then say that but that's not the generational cutoff for millenials at all. Don't misuse a useful term.
>>
>>82904801
And yet it's true. Millennial became a slur for "anyone younger than me" years ago.
>>
He lied about Arkham Knight, I will not trust him
>>
>>82904801
Hey, I refuse to believe in the existence of Australia. Guess that makes two of us in the Disbelieves Common Facts Club.
>>
File: dog.jpg (32 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
32 KB, 640x960
>>82904767
The golf course was worth more
>>
File: 14485784655623.jpg (41 KB, 948x1308) Image search: [Google]
14485784655623.jpg
41 KB, 948x1308
>Superman thread ruined by supporters of bald megalomaniac billionaire
>It's not even Lex Luthor
>>
>>82904812
Shut up, you're gonna summon Grant Morrison.
>>
>>82904828
Faggots will use this as an excuse to get hyped for Justice League, only to watch it get crushed all over again.
>>
>>82904895
That's the only time I remember him really outright lying, maybe some of the "we'll see Wally later on" stuff right before Flashpoint. Most of the time it's just hype that he lets get to him so he talks shit up before it's confirmed.
>>
You'd think having good writers and directors, and having editors who aren't dipshits, would be more important. But no...
>>
I can totally believe a Geoff Johns couldnt understand Terrio's and Snyder's intricately layered yet distinctly human Superman character

Let's get him smiling on a box of Wheaties instead. The core of relateable human emotion is of course only bright hope and sunshine
>>
>>82904956
It is kind of funny how Trump is basically Lex from the arc where he runs for President. Only real life doesn't have a Superman to foil his zany schemes, and the rest of our politicians are so awful he doesn't even seem particularly villainous by comparison...

You know what, I'm going to drink myself into a stupor after considering that. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>82904956
Fuck politics, let's talk DCEU and Superman.

Seeing as how a Blue & Gold movie would be possible with the new tone going forward, who would you pick to play Booster Gold and Blue Beetle? If you want a challenge, don't pick Fillion/Tudyk.
>>
>>82903803
Geoff had a long run writing Wally's book and has called him his favorite character before, even moreso than GL.

He was talked into getting on board the "bring Barry back" train by an artist he works with a lot, Ethan Van Sciver, and when he did it, he thought it would lead to a Flash Family with all of them alive, not a reboot where Barry was the only one left.
>>
>>82905095
Charlie Day as Beetle.

Bradley Cooper as Booster.
>>
>>82905028
Maybe if we fire Ayer before his movie comes out? Yeah that should do it. He's who we need to fire next.
>>
>>82905028
>realism means everyone has to be miserable and the tone color has to be toned to grey

Fuck this movement. If you are intentionally fucking with the lighting to be grim for a three hour slog of a movie then it isn't realistic anyway.
>>
>>82905095
The guys from Psych.
>>
>>82904028
Yeah thats literally what he spent the plot of BvS trying to prove to the blind masses and irrational Bats and Luthor

I guess Snyder fucked up by not having Supes lay all this out for the dopes in the hearing scene
>>
>>82905131
>Charlie Day
Blue & Gold v Nightman?
>>
MoS Superman was relatable, he had doubts, he felt too big for the world, he still tried his best.

But people want the dumb Superman that just comes in saves the world says some cheesy one liner and flies away
The one that never has doubts and his the paragon of everything.
>>
>>82905123
Oh, yeah, I can see how shit like that could happen. Long-term planning seems to rarely pay off in Big Two comics, sadly.
>>
>>82905090
People keep comparing Trump to Lex but I feel like Lex is more mature than him. Like, you wouldn't see Lex talking about how gross it is that someone went to the bathroom.
>>
>>82904956
Well, Trump does bring more "hope" than anything in the DC movies
>>
File: zack_snyder_685976.jpg (14 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
zack_snyder_685976.jpg
14 KB, 330x330
>>82905132
>HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE FOR A COOL MOVIE? BATMAN GETTING RAPED IN PRISON

There's some awful irony to a Randroid whose dream it is to make an adaptation of The Fountainhead only keeping his position due to marrying/fucking a top producer at WB.

But seriously, this guy needs to go. If you want to know why MoS and BvS just didn't work, examine them through an Objectivist lens and you'll see how Snyder's idiotic beliefs leaked into every aspect of his filmmaking.
>>
>>82905248
>spot the person that's never actually read a Supes book
>>
File: 1458783736650.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
1458783736650.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2951
>>82905248
Johns Supes is good though
>>
>>82905293
You guys keep spouting that years-old interview but notice how he just did a movie with Batman and Batman WASN'T raped.
>>
>>82905095
Once again Fillion is over at Marvel with his buttbuddy Gunn.
>>82905131
As is Cooper.
>>
>>82905165
AMEN!

It is just like every shithead teenager who thinks that being edgy and overly cynical is the same thing as being mature. We all went through that phase, but most of us grew out of it and refined our cynicism towards the things that were worth its time. This shit is just a child's idea of maturity. It's not the real thing.

Something, something, obligatory C.S. Lewis quote. Fuck WB.
>>
>>82905293
A Fountainhead adaptation by Snyder would be such a beautiful disaster, I kind of want it now. Someone fund it so he can fuck off from the DCEU and realize this glorious dream project.
>>
>>82905346
His characterisation certainly was.
>>
>>82905248
>spot the marvel fan
>>
>>82903148
Nah they changed both Barry and Wally to have dead moms instead. Billy's a foster kid churned through a terrible system of abuse. Martian Manhunter is a superweapon designed to conquer planets or some shit (that last one I'm not sure on, haven't read it).
>>
File: 1.png (3 MB, 1440x2216) Image search: [Google]
1.png
3 MB, 1440x2216
>>82903385
He's Geoff fucking Johns, his run on Action was all about hope and optimism.
>>
>>82905346
They turned him into a villain to face Superman.

And Superman fans still complain.
>>
>>82905355
>buttbuddy

What did they do to make you so bitter? Is this some company wars bullshit?
>>
>>82905293
>only keeping his position due to marrying/fucking a top producer at WB.
I don't think that's true though. His wife never produced anything besides his (not really succesful) movies or before marrying him, so there's no reason to believe she has much clout. There's no indication that she has the kind of power necessary to force WB into getting her husband to make movies with their most recognizable IPs.
More likely somebody at WB really liked Zack and allowed his wife to produce.
>>
>>82905493
It's a joke, Jesus.
I'm a Marvelfag.
>>
>>82905441
needs more mountain top and dead horses.
>>
File: =(.jpg (529 KB, 1190x1775) Image search: [Google]
=(.jpg
529 KB, 1190x1775
>>82905441
>not posting the next page
>>
>>82905507
Yeah 300 is enjoyable dumb fun. I buy the idea that someone just made an honest mistake, but like... it was a big mistake, and one that a lot of people would not have made. They would have looked at his body of work as a whole, and considered whether style over substance was more or less appropriate for a DC superhero movie than a mythologized ancient battle between shirtless Greek men.

Also how many fucking amazing directors would like a crack at Superman? I find it difficult to believe they settled on Snyder. That shit is fucky.
>>
>>82905543
It doesn't read like a joke. Jokes usually have something funny in them.
>>
>>82905553

>>82905584
I was about to until you did.
>>
>>82905224
>I guess Snyder fucked up by not having Supes lay all this out for the dopes in the hearing scene
>Not wanting to have a scene where Superman explains his views to the world public so that he actually has a visible stance on things
>>
>>82905639
Executives don't actually watch movies, they just look at box office numbers and try to predict what the audience will and won't want to see. That's why dumb ideas like "focus groups" exist. That's why you get stories so often about someone saying making a behind the scenes decision like "What if we made Peter Parker a DJ? That's what the kids are into these days, right?"
>>
To my fellow Snyderfags,

Dont worry fám. Affleck is the guy on set sent to 'limit' Snyder. But Snyder is the one who originally brought on Affleck and the rest of these actors with his vision. They'll stand by him and Snyder will deliver the finale of the Superman trilogy before his power his dissolved to lesser minds like Johns.
>>
File: The_Superman.gif (354 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
The_Superman.gif
354 KB, 600x923
>>82905685
This
>>
>>82904367
That's a very superficial statement to sum up his entire character history, which you probably haven't even glanced.
>>
>>82905779
>alien patronizing humans on what "being human" means

Nah, fuck this offensive garbage
>>
>>82905685
Hey man if the movie really needed to be that on the nose than whatever

Youve got people swearing that he killed the warlord despite Clark literally saying he didnt in the center of frame. Forgive me if I think Superman giving a speech would change peoples opinion of him
>>
>>82904801
Then you refuse to believe that Millenials are Millenials.
>>
>>82905841
Lex pls
>>
>>82904083
well you could get a spiderman movie an r rating if you made it about that time he got molested

but yeah your right it doesent need an r rating but makes more sense for it then most storys

a justice league dark movie would probably get an r rating
>>
>>82902622
as long as they don't equate ''hope and optimism'' as a barrage of jokes and quips punctuating every line of dialogue, its all fine
>>
>>82904819
>Gen Y are the first Millennials
Gen Y are the ONLY millennials. "Millennials" is just the name for Gen Y. Gen Z has yet to get its own name, but either way, Gen Z aren't "millennials."

If you were born in the 80s or 90s, then you're a millennial. If you were born in the 00s or 10s, then you're a Gen-Zer until they get their own appropriately named buzzword.
>>
>>82905643
Fine, I just thought it'd be less boring than saying "friend", but it wasn't meant seriously. Now get that stick out of your ass.
>>
>>82905989
Just give me a clear blue sky with Superman flying in it with children pointing up.

That's all I want.
>>
>>82904666
Snyder has good stories as well, Satan.
>>
>>82905996
Gen Z gets Lumped in with millenials
>>
>>82905989
Johns is good with the dramatic one-lines but usually doesn't have a lot of quips. He probably won't literally be writing scripts though.
>>
>>82906082
By idiots who use a term they don't know the meaning of.
>>
>>82905346
>but notice how he just did a movie with Batman and Batman WASN'T raped.
You act like this is a commendable achievement.
Should we hold a "Hasn't raped Batman yet" Award and hand it out to him? A lot of writers would be competing for that.

We keep "spouting" it because his analysis of what people considered dark about Nolan's Batman and his suggestions as to how he would authenticate them are perplexingly simple minded nonsense, much like the movie he co-wrote and directed; Sucker Punch.

Hack Snyder is 100% proven garbage by his own quotes and work, I'm tired of this game of dancing around that fact. Before this hyper contrarian, ironic memery There used to be time where an idiot wasting people's time, money and properties was sacked and we moved on. When Schumacher fucked up once he was given one more chance, when he fucked up twice he was told to Fuck off Forever. End of story.
I will give him Phone Booth but that had too much potential for even him to screw up much like Snyder being handed the pre-built 300 and Watchmen and people confusing that for him being a visionary genius. Most of the people spouting that sort of idiocy haven't even read Miller and Moore's work. What a complete circle jerk.
>>
>>82906004
It's not my fault you need better material, friend. I'm just here on behalf of comedy to tell you to up your game.
>>
>>82905639
>They would have looked at his body of work as a whole, and considered whether style over substance was more or less appropriate for a DC superhero movie than a mythologized ancient battle between shirtless Greek men.
That implies people at WB "get" superheroes. Do you remember that Kevin Smith story about Jon Peters and Superman fighting giant spiders?
https://youtu.be/Wo2KB1dEDdk
>>
>>82905779
/r/ing the watchmen edit.
>>
>>82906128
Irony is another word that continually gets applied where it doesn't.

Language and words change mang.
>>
>>82903378
Because he was raised as an earth boy and understood the differences of how his life would be different if he were Superman 24/7
>>
>>82906128
I mean, you're right, but I'm just saying that when retards say "Millennial" they mean everyone under 40.
>>
>>82905757
>That's why dumb ideas like "focus groups" exist.
It really isn't. Focus groups exist in marketing in many other branches, Hollywood is just applying the same marketing techniques everybody else is.
Believe it or not, trusting a hunch that you actually get what people want is even more stupid.
>>
>>82906133
>implying you didn't get triggered as fuck by the word "buttbuddy"
Yeah, it's cute that you think you have a high road here.
>>
File: 1442723695886.jpg (145 KB, 588x507) Image search: [Google]
1442723695886.jpg
145 KB, 588x507
>>82906177
Even the edit speaks to Supes character, that he believes no one is beyond saving.
>>
>>82906230
>we should redefine words because I want to use a buzzword but don't know what that buzzword actually means
Fucking millenial dipshits are responsible for this bastardization of language, aren't they?

>let's redefine the term "literally" to mean "figuratively" because too many retards don't understand the difference
>let's redefine the term "meme" to mean "picture with impact font text on it" because too many retards can't understand its actual definition
Dumbing down language to accommodate idiocy just brings everyone down with it.
>>
>>82906140
Exactly, and that's why they need someone like Johns, who actually has an understanding of these characters. Not sure how much influence he'll ultimately have, but since no-one at WB seems to even comprehend the appeal of these DC characters, it's a huge step up.
>>
>>82906378
LITERALLY no one uses literally as figuratively you cuckboi memer
>>
>>82906378
Language changes all the time, each generation has their own bastardizations.
Kids used "bad" to mean "good", and both "cool" and "hot" have similar figurative meanings.
>>
>>82904586
What're you talking about?

Your PM wants to accept US refugees with open arms. Hell there's even a dating app in the works for people fleeing America to find Canadian partners
>>
>>82904691
Well, you'll be dead soon so no one really gives a shit about what you think desu. If you're legit voting for trump you're a sad racist.
>>
>>82906301
See, I was under the impression that most retards say Millennial to mean "people younger than me" as I've quite literally seen people in their early 30s call people in their late 20s millennials, people in their late 20s calling people in their early 20s millennials, and people in their early 20s calling children and teenagers millennials.

Because people want a buzzword they can use to demean people based on age, blaming all of society's problems on the "next generation" even when the people making those complaints are usually part of said generation but refuse to admit it.

People in their late-30s and over not withstanding, but then their complaints about "millennials" tend to be the stupidest of all as if most of the shit the millennial generation has to deal with isn't almost entirely their fault for causing in the first place.

And then even all that aside, defining "generations" in 20 year chunks doesn't mean much when there's so much variance within a single generation, and anyone on the extremes of either generational block will always share significant similarities to the one that came before/after.
>>
>>82906230
This is the same fucking logic you morons use to defend your idiotic misuse of the word "cuck".
>>
>>82906446
Please stop. You're literally triggering me.
>>
>>82906378
>let's redefine the term "literally" to mean "figuratively" because too many retards don't understand the difference

no, people understand the difference it just got used ironically too much
>>
>>82906566
And? If literally everyone uses cuck to mean being a beta nu-male, then doesn't that mean the definition of cuck becomes beta nu-male? Language changes, old man. Get with the times.
>>
>>82906637
>then doesn't that mean the definition of cuck becomes beta nu-male
No?
>>
>>82906637
>"If a small group of stupid neckbeards online call a chicken a pig and make bunch of stupid memes about it doesn't that mean chickens are pigs now??"

No, you fucking idiot. Also while your definition of cuck is beta nu male other people refer to anyone that doesn't outright hate minorities as cucks
>>
>>82906566
The way /pol/ uses cuck is not the classic cuckold, as in someone fucking your wife.

But a more broadened term for weak, pathetic, submissive or virtue-signalling sell-out.

There are cultural-cucks, corporate-cucks and actual cucks.

Watch the John Oliver migrant video for France which happened one month before the Paris Attacks to see what a virtue-signalling cultural cuck looks like.
>>
File: Snyde Remark.jpg (19 KB, 630x472) Image search: [Google]
Snyde Remark.jpg
19 KB, 630x472
You'll never defeat me, Batman! Mu-hu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

You believe you can retake control of the multiverse with help from your blue lantern friend? I AM YOUR CREATOR NOW. I am a GOD to you. I can make you do anything. Kill anyone. Submit to anyone. My master's plan was foolproof. Your League will never even be formed in this dimension.

My lunar fortress is unassailable. Attempt to foil me and I shall launch the nuclear missiles I have pointed at DC comics and Washington DC! Attempt to stop me in another universe, and I shall make you be the one to shoot your parents.
>>
why doesn't Geoff Johns just rape Snyder? He would save the DC Movie Universe if he did that
>>
>>82906915
>Snyder is the final boss of everything DC

I like it!
>>
>>82906990
He's honestly not much of a rape writer. I can't think of one outside of Bleez.

Dude loves ultraviolence though. He should just eviscerate Snyder.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 1054x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 1054x656
>>82902879
Have you ever read Wolfman Teen Titans?

Who am I kidding, you don't even read comics.
>>
>>82906542
This.
>>
>>82903794
I've got my bike helmet, bandana and carpenter's goggles ready.
>>
>>82907053
>Kal-El, my son, be careful of the mad Kryptonian, Ki-No.
>His warped hyper mind allows him to transmute hope into dread.
>>
>>82902622
>the lukewarm reception of "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," which may have resulted in the appointing of Ben Affleck as a producer on "Justice League" and the firing of director Seth Grahame-Smith from "The Flash" film
>and the firing of director Seth Grahame-Smith from "The Flash" film

Yeah fuck that guy who didn't even direct a movie in the DCEU yet, BvS failing was all his fault
>>
>>82907517
Calm down Seth, WB just want a director with experience for a 100mil+ movie, you'll get another chance one day when you get some experience under your belt.
>>
>>82907517
Basically WB got scurred and thought they needed a big name because BvS failed in order to have a confident filmmaker or something. Even though Snyder was obviously confident as fuck about the movie he wanted to make and the movie still sucked.
>>
>>82905269
>>82905090
I would vote for Luthor over Trump in a heartbeat, especially in a world without a Superman.
>>
>>82905248
He thought the world was too big for him, with his parents it got a little smaller.
>>
>>82907584
Kek
>reminder that neither the Russos nor Peyton Reed had directed big movies before their MCU debuts and both films were better than the garbage fire that was BvS
>>
>>82907827
>using the exception to prove the rule
>>
>>82905090
It really interesting that irl we definitely have people who could qualify as supervillains yet we have no actual superheroes
>>
>>82907878
Watch Taika Waititi become the next "exception".
>>
>>82905090
>>82907884
We obviously need to open the interdimensional wormhole to bring the heroes here. Or experiment on people resulting in Miracleman. Or have aliens drop a chemical or parasite that gives people super powers. Or a magic telephone.
>>
>>82907884
>>82907952
The idea of the thing is the thing, you dumbasses. Lrn2hypercrisis.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.