[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men: Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 14
File: IMG_0477.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0477.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Just got done watching Apocalypse. Ask me anything.
>>
No.
>>
Is Kurt similar to how he is in the comics?
>>
>>82899362
Why do you eat your own boogers?
>>
>>82899362
will you marry me?
>>
>>82899362
How shoehorned is Mystique?

How is action?

How is Cyclops?

What did you like the most?
>>
>>82899399
Reviews kept implying that, but he didn't actually have a lot of humour to him. Wasn't as emo as X-Men 2 though and only prayed once during downtime.

>>82899408
convenience

>>82899439
I'm not that kind of man.
>>
Was the scene of Jean tapping into the Phoenix Force good?
>>
How many blowjobs do you think Singer gave/received from the twink cast members?
>>
Did they really set up for X-23?
>>
>>82899479
>How shoehorned is Mystique?
Well, she is team leader and is played up as the champion of mutantkind. Storm, Jean, Pietro/Peter and Kurt all call her their idol. Scott luckily keeps his mouth shut in that scene or I might've walked out of the theatre.
She brings the band together at the start and talks Magneto down in the end.
>How is action?
Opening is really cool, there's a lot of nice... not fights, but brutal and creative killings that are fun to watch. The finale is a complete mess in terms of choreography, sadly and it all boils down to, well, Age of Ultron ending, basically.

Finale was really fucking weak. Haven't seen X-Men 3 in ages, but this must've been somewhere down there in terms of finale. Gladly the movie before that is better so I still think it's ok.

>How is Cyclops?
Pretty cool. They do a good job of establishing him, Kurt and Jean, I think. They see a decent amount of screen time and are more interesting to watch than the remaining DOFP cast.
>What did you like the most?
Hmm. The first act was pretty great. They bring a lot of characters back, tie continuity together and do a lot of stuff with several characters at the same time. You see the school up and running and it almost feels like this is actually X-Men for fucking once.
>>
What's the explanation for Stryker having Wolverine, even though it was Mystique masquerading as him who actually found him at the end of DOFP?
>>
>>82899362

How and when does Jubilee die?
>>
>>82899569
>Was the scene of Jean tapping into the Phoenix Force good?
Xavier tells her to let go of all her inhibitions and then she just flares up. But ultimately it's just another laser to fire at Apocalypse. The way they take him down is basically like the last part of the Age of Ultron fight. Just everyone throwing their powers at him and he eventually melts.
You see her at the end rebuilding the school with just Magneto at her side though. So it looks like they are actually trying to go Phoenix before Dark Phoenix this time.
>>
File: 1456169400593.jpg (62 KB, 655x654) Image search: [Google]
1456169400593.jpg
62 KB, 655x654
>>82899734
>Well, she is team leader and is played up as the champion of mutantkind. Storm, Jean, Pietro/Peter and Kurt all call her their idol.
>>
>>82899768
Not at all. She's literally in the background of like 2 scenes and only shows up when they discuss going to the mall. But the mall scene was cut, so she's a complete cameo now exactly like in the previous X-Men movies.
>>
>>82899734
>You see the school up and running and it almost feels like this is actually X-Men for fucking once.
This is all I want. But for a full movie.
>>
>>82899877

Somehow that's even worse than her getting killed off.
>>
>>82899850
it's not so far fetched when you think about how she saved the president on tv in that universe - when all mutants were pretty much shamed into hiding and had no one to look up to, suddenly they have a role model that proves they can do good
>>
File: jubilee_apocalypse.jpg (65 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
jubilee_apocalypse.jpg
65 KB, 640x478
>>82899877
X-Men: Apocolapyse Jubilee Cut

Coming to store near you Holiday Season 2016
>>
>>82899738
>What's the explanation for Stryker having Wolverine
Completely ignored.

>>82899611
>Did they really set up for X-23?
Stinger is exactly as they said.
A couple of businessmen walk into Weapon X while they are still busy brushing up all the shells they fired at Wolverine and mopping up the blood. They walk to a cuppboard and take a vial of Weapon X blood. They put it in a suitcase on which Essex Corp is written.
Sinister is a cloner, X-23 is a Wolverine clone, it all seems simple enough.
There were also other vials in that suitcase, but they weren't labeled.
>>
>>82899362
What happened to Jubilee?
>>
>>82899924
>This is all I want. But for a full movie.
So do I, anon, so do I.
When it cuts back to Apocalypse standing on a hill after Weapon X is done, I had this deep sigh, because now the movie got sidetracked from what I wanted the most.
>>
>>82899987
>Completely ignored.
As I expected.

They seem to be terrified of having Wolverine not have adamatium claws for a full movie.
>>
>>82900007
She had about as much screentime as in the previous X-Men movies. She's basically not in the movie.
>>
>>82900059
How would you rate the movie?
>>
>>82900031
It's a shame that these Fox-men movies are so focused on big summer blockbusters. There's so much more they can get into.
>>
>>82900098
6 maybe 7/10 probably.
I want to see the full-on good version of this movie. As it stands, the script is sloppy in places, but the finale is just a mess, sadly and squanders a lot of the good parts of this movie.

The entire movie and everyone in it, deserved better than that showdown.
>>
>>82899734

I get Storm, Jean, and Kurt but why would Peter idolize her?
>>
>>82900220
He was a neet in his basement and he saw her saving the president on TV. He wasn't quite as awestruck by her as Ororo or Kurt, but he still said she had an effect on him.
As I said, the only one who didn't say something to that effect in that scene was Cyke.
>>
where would you place it with the other X-men movies. is it atleast better than X3?
>>
Describe Magneto's family death pls and how does each of the Horsemen become Horsemen?
>>
A dumb thing about the script I felt:
The mention never gets attacked full-on. Apocalypse takes over Cerebro remotely when Charles scans for Erik. Then they just pop into the mention to snatch Xavier and teleport out again in 10 seconds. The mention blows up, because Havok fires a blast after them, but they are already gone and he hits the engine of the X-jet, which goes completely nuclear for some reason. Then Peter strolls into the compound and apparently his spider-sense tells him that the mansion is gonna blow up and he rescues every single person in the school, except for Havok who already got caught in the first instant of the explosion.
The script for this movie isn't great. I can't understand, how we went from Days of Future Past to this. The quality in script writing doesn't even come fucking close.
>>
It's sounding more and more like this is one of those X-Men movies you skip and watch a year later.
>>
>>82900502
What I want to know is how you misspelled mansion 3 times?
>>
>>82900421
Yeah, it's better than X3 and Origins, but not better than anything else.

>>82900502
>mention
*mansion

>>82900569
It's late over here. Also your language is full of fucking homonyms.
>>
Did "Sweet Dreams" work or was it AMV level?
>>
>>82900556
I couldn't really blame you. I like X-Men though, so I kind of had to find out first hand. It's a pretty big let down, after I felt like the franchise was in decent hands after DOFP.

In any case, the rottentomatoes is well deserved. I can see a lot of critics having a field day with this movie. I can't blame anyone for calling it a mess.
The criticism of "reminds you of all the movies you could be watching instead" also seems like a legit criticism. This movie indulges in a lot of the movie franchise continuity.

>>82900759
The scene was nice, but not nearly as great as the DOFP one. The timeframe and scale was just that much shorter and larger respectively and it couldn't indulge in the same amount of detail as the previous one. It also became a bit too power-levely.

Reminded me of that Flash panel where an entire town just appears a kilometer away in the blink of an eye it takes an atom bomb to go off in that town.

The whole movie is weirdly drenched in over-the-top powerlevel wank, especially towards the end. I still can't believe that they established Apocalypse as un-fucking stoppable and then still just had him overpowered at the end. I would've liked something smarter than that.
>>
>>82900945
>The whole movie is weirdly drenched in over-the-top powerlevel wank
It seems like Fox was worried that their movie was going to be forgotten behind BvS and CW so they just said, "Make everything as big and loud as possible" in an attempt to be "the biggest and most important" because they have the most powerfullest powers.
Or something like that.
>>
File: 1252495-06.jpg (302 KB, 762x1164) Image search: [Google]
1252495-06.jpg
302 KB, 762x1164
Does Wolverine wear this
Or anything like it

Or is he just naked
>>
>>82901108
>Does Wolverine wear this
>Or anything like it
Yeah.
It's not a full helmet that covers the eyes and top of the head, but a weird headband very reminiscent of that. He also has multiple drills and cables lodged in his flesh.
He's not naked though, he wears tattered Hulk pants.
>>
>>82901172

Good enough I guess
>>
After credit?
This takes place in the reality Logan wakes up in at the end of DoFP right?
I'm confused, I've only seen the first trailer and that's all my knowledge on the movie
>>
>>82899362
Is it true that Psylocke has less lines than Magneto's wife? How are the horsemen in general? Magneto goes full Ultimatum, right
>>
File: 1433735339421.jpg (5 KB, 162x195) Image search: [Google]
1433735339421.jpg
5 KB, 162x195
>>82899734
>Storm, Jean, Pietro/Peter and Kurt all call her their idol.
>>
Does apocalypse actually grow or is that just in Charles head
>>
File: angrydaffy.jpg (16 KB, 336x280) Image search: [Google]
angrydaffy.jpg
16 KB, 336x280
>>82899734
>>
>>82899734
>>
>>82901418
>After credit?
>>82899987
>This takes place in the reality Logan wakes up in at the end of DoFP right?
Timeline is First Class -> Days of Future Past -> Apocalypse. Everything else is a suggestion at best or outright non-canon.

>>82901419
>Is it true that Psylocke has less lines than Magneto's wife?
2 lines, as far as I can remember.

Yes, Magneto's wife has enough to establish her relationship to Magneto.
That scene was pretty cool over all.
The whole thing is basically an accident as they just wanted to take Magneto in and he was already surrendering. After it happened, the look of utter shock and terror on their faces was priceless. They knew immediately they had forfeited their lives.
Afterwards Magneto goes full ham and yells at god. Pretty Claremontian. I loved that.

>>82901419
>How are the horsemen in general? Magneto goes full Ultimatum, right
Psilocke and Angel don't really do much, outside of fight in the finale and Angel fights at the start, too I guess.
Storm was also sadly underdeveloped. I would've liked to see more of her.
Mags, starts destroying the world until he gets talked down. It's amazing how he can kill probably hundreds or thousands of people, but afterwards everyone is just ok with him, because he changed his mind half-way through. Gladly they DON'T call it a shift of the magnetic poles. He just digs up iron particles from the ground.

>>82901616
Just on the astral plane.
>>
>>82899734
>she is team leader and is played up as the champion of mutantkind
Fucked over cyclops hardcore in this one didn't they.
>>
Is there any semblance of a decent Scott/Alex relationship or is it just a case of Alex dies and Scott gets all angsty.
>>
Does quicksilver do anything cool and does he die?
>>
>>82902160
They do establish their relationship at least a tiny bit. A few lines before and a few lines after the fact.

Havok's death is a bit bullshit though. Quicksilver literally saves everyone, but then the characters look at the script again and notice, oh wait no, Havok just totally died there, pretty much offscreen. "He was just too close to the explosion".

>Does quicksilver do anything cool
yes
>and does he die?
no
>>
>>82902150

Marvel kinda hates Cyclops. Even if he is by far the best character to ever come out of the X Men.
>>
>>82902353
>>82902379
>>
>>82899734
>played up as the champion of mutantkind
Yeah, the one that tried to kill the president.
>>
File: Ah.png (210 KB, 271x336) Image search: [Google]
Ah.png
210 KB, 271x336
>>82902000
>Munn tries to make a big PR deal about she didn't want to be Deadpool's love interest & violence is how Psylocke "speaks"
>two fucking lines
lmao, you can't spin that shit you talentless cunt
>>
>>82902408
Doesn't matter if they hate him they still wrote him to become the leader of all mutant kind
>>
>>82899362
Oh look. It is the shitty Deus Ex Crap-ina character again.
>>
>>82902379
>but then the characters look at the script again and notice, oh wait no, Havok just totally died there
That's some good shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzeqbws7FiE
>>
>>82902428
Mystique only wanted to kill Trask.
Magneto wanted to kill everyone.
>>
>>82899362
do they really build a sentinel that kills him?
>>
>>82902487

Not anymore. He is dead off panel because writers hate his guts.
>>
Should I watch this if I liked DoFP?
>>
Spoil me the homoerotic scenes, OP.
>>
>>82902553
God no, that actually sounds awesome. No, he just gets lasered down by Mags, Phoenix and Storm.

Sentinels do have a cameo at the end though. The team assembles in the danger room in those fancy outfits they've been posting everywhere (come back for the sequel for the REAL X-Men, we swear we're gonna do it this time).
Mystique holds a speach to them about what it means to be X-Men and that the world needs them etc. pp. . Then the room lights up and a wall opens and out walk three Sentinels, ready to fight. One last close up of Xavier as the Danger Room door closes and cut to credits.
>>
>>82902692
There's only two scenes where Xavier and Mags interact.
One of them is through Cerebro with half the world between them.

The other one, Magneto completely doesn't listen to Charles. They really didn't do much with that whole Magneto thing in the end. Which makes it all the more surprising that he still heel turns again after Mystique reminds him that he could just believe in the X-Men instead of blowing up the planet. Did I mention that the finale is a mess?

Oh sorry, they actually do have one last talk in the last sequence of the movie. That one might actually get closer to what you're looking for, now that I think about it.
>>
Wonder if any of these movies will ever have Xavier tp "to me my x-men"
>>
>>82899362
How does it compare to the 1st and 2nd of this trilogy?
>>
>>82902581
God, fuck how Cyclops has been treated since AvX. I hate hearing X-fans whine conspiracy as much as anyone, but it's hard not to buy into it a little when you look at the state of the major players in X-books these days.
>>
>Havok already dead

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>82899362
Will Fox ever make a decent movie?
>>
>>82903075
no
>>
>>82902000
>2 lines, as far as I can remember.
fug
does munn at least strike a pose that makes me want to turn her into a mindless sex slave
>>
>Before today the score at RT was 59%
>today is 49%

J-Just
>>
>>82902939
He was so close at one point in this movie, I really thought he'd do it.

>>82902941
First Class is always divisive - I love it as I can overlook its tons of minor flaws and just enjoy the most colorful X-Men movie to date.

Days of Future Past is a very well assembeled movie. It's great.

Apocalypse has a lot of good parts and a lot of bad parts, but different from First Class, the bad parts are still integral parts of the story, so it's impossible to overlook them and they end up dragging the whole thing down. Ultimately, it's a significantly worse movie than the previous two.

>>82903075
Deadpool was cool. Director of that potential New Mutants movie appeared to be an actual fan for once. Maybe he can deliver something. But then if this flops, I doubt Fox will get very far with their plans.
Fuck - this is the worst possible time to make a movie like this.
>>
Who dies?
>>
>>82900218
Really? what happned in the finale
>>
>>82903267
Apocalypse and Havok.

Some think Archangel dies too, others just think he's really really hurt.
>>
>>82903267
Havok and Apocalypse.
I have a tough time remembering if Angel survived.
>>
>Quicksilver scenes once again the standout

Why doesn't Bryan Singer just direct the Flash?
>>
>>82903267

the audience's hopes and dreams
>>
>>82899399
More importantly, WAS HE RIGHT
>>
>>82903430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU
>>
>>82902733
this shit is the same problem people had with the ASM2 ending.
>>
>>82903302
Apocalypse has built a huge pyramid from the dust he created by razing Kairo. He has Xavier in his possession and plans to take over his body by using two body swap pedestals. His idea is that with his power amplification and Xavier's talent, he'll basically be full-cerebro all the time allowing him to basically mind control earth into submission.
Meanwhile amped Magneto floats in the air and starts destroying shit all over the planet. The X-Men arrive (Beast, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Jean, Cyclops). Mystique and Quicksilver go to talk Magneto down. The rest just randomly goes to engage the other Horsemen. A lot of poorly choreographed fights happen and eventually Nightcrawler just teleports into the pyramid and snatches Xavier out of the body swap machine. Then he rescues Jean and Scott from their Jet as Archangel attacks them who remains in the craft, crashes and burns, Psylocke jumps off the plane which apparently catapults her out of the fight, she is later shown unharmed, somehow.
Apocalypse is pissed because Xavier ran from him. So he just wanders into a random street in the ruins of Kairo, which will be the stage for the final fight. Quicksilver fights Apoc. Quicksilver airjuggles Apoc, but eventually Apoc manages to snare him with his Sand control and breaks one of his legs and an arm. Mystique sneaks up on Apoc disguised as Psylocke and slashes at Apocs throat. He grabs her by the neck and you get the trailer shot.

cont.
>>
>>82903756
>Psylocke jumps off the plane which apparently catapults her out of the fight, she is later shown unharmed, somehow.
This shit is hilarious.
>>
File: IMG_0474.jpg (974 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0474.jpg
974 KB, 3264x2448
>>82903756
Charles engages Apoc through the mind link he opened during the transfer. Apoc wrecks his shit mentally. Meanwhile Magneto finally bothers to join the fight after Mystique had talked him down by reminding him of... the fact that the X-Men may make things better? It's pretty stupid.
Anyway, so he attacks Apoc by throwing a never-ending torrent of metal shards at Apoc who creates a shield. And I mean never ending. He will not stop this for the entire rest of what I'm describing. So Cyke joins in with his optic blast, but Apoc force pushes him into a wall and the wall starts swallowing him. Xavier finally gets battered the fuck down by Apoc and is about to fucking bite it. So he just pulls out all the stops from Jean who then gains Phoenix powers. So she starts blasting Apoc too. He sees he's losing and wants to teleport out, but Storm joins in after seeing Apoc wreck Mystique(her personal hero) and they break him down before he can escape. He says something along the lines of Phoenix being a revelation to him, even more powerful than him, then he gets burnt to nothing.
Then Psylock awkwardly walks away from the whole scene.

Maybe it wouldn't have felt so quaint if the final part wasn't literally Apoc just blocking with his shield, standing in some ruins of an average Kairo road until the X-Men finally managed to do enough DPS to burst his shield down.
>>
>>82904150
How are the costumes still looking so bad?
Nothing looks like it fits right, and even then just the designs are so bad.
How do they go from Deadpool/TNW/Colossus, to this?
>>
>>82904369
Those just randomly lie around in Weapon X and they put them on on a whim when they leave.
"Flight suits". For jet flying.
>>
>>82904150
>Apocalypse
>Phoenix is a "Revelation" to him

BRAVO SINGER
>>
>>82899987
turns out next movie is about "dark x-men" as a bunch of clones.
x-23, madelyn pryor, cassandra, dark beast (grey fur), joseph, and in the end credits, its revealed... evan.
>>
File: sinister.jpg (352 KB, 710x1078) Image search: [Google]
sinister.jpg
352 KB, 710x1078
Ok, I'll go sleep now.
>>
>>82904150
Does he then say "with the benefit of hindsight?"
>>
>>82899362
>>82899492
>no trip to prove identity
>>
>>82903304
Kill yourself. Literally commit suicide for posting spoilers outside of spoiler tags for a movie that isn't out in North America. I strongly urge you to jump off a bridge.
>>
>>82899362
Did Oscar Isaac's voice ruin the whole Apocalypse experience?
>>
Does Cyclops get called Cyclops before he gets the one-lens glasses?
>>
>>82901532
>>82901718
>>82901986

Daffy pls
>>
>>82902948
Most of the major players were taken down several pegs to promote Cyclops over the past few years. He's the one X-character current Marvel likes.
>>
>>82908553
Literally going into AMA thread for a movie not even released in North America and not expecting to get spoiled somehow. You spoilerwhiners are hilarious.
>>
>>82901172
I hate that they wasted Weapon X on a fucking cameo scene.

This whole movie sounds like X-Men: Wasted potential.
>>
Where did Apocalypse get his armor if Fox can't use Celestials?
Is it the same indestructible alien tech or just scrap metal?
>>
>>82902733
>God no, that actually sounds awesome.
>come back for the sequel for the REAL X-Men, we swear we're gonna do it this time

You're pretty based, Anon.
>>
>>82902733
Great, so this is exactly like all the other X-Men movies. Tease the shit that fans actually want while force-feeding JLaw and Magneto villainy. I swear, if they even try to do another fucking movie where Magneto is trying to end humanity and the heroes are appealing to his better nature....
>>
>>82899362
Does Poccy really blast chucks hair off

Does Mag go full ultimatum
>>
What's the point of the Weapon X scene? What's the context?
>>
Do they address that Nightcrawler is Mystiques son?
>>
>>82899977
She's a 90's character, they're saving her for the 90s movie.
>>
>>82903756
>Quicksilver fights Apoc. Quicksilver airjuggles Apoc, but eventually Apoc manages to snare him with his Sand control and breaks one of his legs and an arm.
https://a.pomf.cat/vnuffz.webm
>>
>>82902733
>The team assembles in the danger room in those fancy outfits they've been posting everywhere (come back for the sequel for the REAL X-Men, we swear we're gonna do it this time).
God fucking dammit
>>
>>82911604
>>82911604
Is there a full camrip then?
>>
>>82904643
>Next movie is either going to be X-Men: Revelations or X-Men: Phoenix Rising
>>
>>82911135
No, never alluded to any of that.

>>82910586
After Alex accidentally blows up the mansion, Stryker comes along and kidnaps the adults. Scott Jean and Kurt sneak onto their jet and are brought to the Weapon X facility. The entire scene is them getting out and commandeering a jet to go to Egypt.
>>
>>82910471
Chuck's hair gets torn off during the process where Apocalypse is trying to transfer into his body.

Not Ultimatum level but yeah, metal stuff like cars, ships and bridges and shit go up in the air globally. No floods or anything.
>>
>>82899362
Who did what in the fight(s) against Apocalypse?
Who delivered the finishing blow to Apocalypse?

Any hints at a sequel?
>>
>>82910163
He just...has it at the beginning.

>>82909149
I don't ever hear him get called Cyclops.

>>82908594
His voice reminded me of LoT Vandal Savage for some reason.
>>
>>82912056
Initially:

Kurt vs Archangel the whole time.

Jean + Scott + Beast vs Storm non-committal fight.

Quicksilver vs Apocalypse. Peter goes OP air juggle until Apoc catches him and breaks his leg.

Psylocke comes in and slashes Apoc's neck, only to be caught and be revealed as Mystique.

Chuck attacks Apoc psychically, they fight on the astral plane/Apoc's mind.

Apoc tries to go to Chuck physically, gets restrained by a face-heel-face turned Magneto. He attacks Apoc with a bunch of metal. Apoc shields with an explody shield.

Scott shoots Apoc w optic blast.

Hank tries to go in with a leap, gets batted away.

Jean goes astral/Apoc's mind, phoenixes out. She also phoenixes out in the real world.

Apoc tries to port out. Gets stopped by Storm's lightning.

Apoc dies.

Whee.
>>
>>82912264
Oh, forgot. Psylocke vs Beast. And then she turns her psychic katana (which doesn't seem psychic, just hard energy) into a whip. I was like...WTF man.

And then Kurt manages to port in and rescue Chuck. He starts porting everyone onto the jet. Until it's attacked by Archangel and Psylocke. Kurt ports everyone out at once, jet crashes with Warren, Betsy jumps off, slows her fall with her psychic blade, then falls to the ground out for the count. Apoc wakes up mad.
>>
>>82911604
That a camrip? looks about the same wuality as the CW/BvS TC shit from china
>>
>>82902000

>Afterwards Magneto goes full ham and yells at god. Pretty Claremontian. I loved that.

Might work in comics, DID NOT work in this movie. Full on WRRRRYYYY and ruined a genuinely impaction scene.
>>
>>82912484
I didn't mind it. Seemed a bit OOC but I didn't mind.

What I did mind is why they named his daugher Nina. It's a throwaway name, they couldn't have the common courtesy to call her Anya?
>>
>>82899877
God fucking damn it. She's like the one reason I was looking forward to this.
>>
>>82900502
So Havok just killed himself? Way to make him go out on a high note.
>>
>>82912551

I was looking forward to her being Polaris, myself.

But whatever.
>>
>>82899362
I don't understand apocalypses powers.
>he had earth bending
>teleported
>gained healing factor in the beginning of the movie
>hijacked a psychic transmition between Magneto and Xavier
>mind controlled Xavier
>enchances other mutants mutations

What's his powers in the comics?
>>
>>82912884
Does Cyke feel anything about his brother up and killing himself?
>>
>magneto ends up killing thousands of people
>get convinced to help beat apocalypse
>end scene has Xavier and Magneto all friends and shit with Magneto leaving the school with no grudges
>>
>>82911604
So with this they basically pulled a Rock Lee vs Gaara from Naruto?
>>
>>82912976

No-one understands his powers in the comics either.

So it was pretty faithful.
>>
So after all the shit in these movies how the hell is there any argument that mutants atent dangerois as all fuck
>>
>>82912976
No
in the comics he had to use tech to do most of his stuff
tech enhanced others powers
tech made him teleport
tech enhanced his own abilities (which were basically atomic control of his own body, so he could be big, small, strong, tough, heal, etc) and he had telepathic defenses but it's a little unclear if his natural power includes actual psychic power or if it's just his mental fortitude makes him able to do stuff when attacked.
>>
>>82903225
>The third movie is always the wost one
>>
Could I bring a friend who hasn't seen any X-Men movies besides Deadpool and not have to explain everything to them?
>>
Most of the performances were decent, but J-Law did not want to be there. Completely phoned in, she clearly wants out of the franchise.

Wolverine's cameo was generally just to get Weapon X out of the way. The kids were established pretty decently, Quicksilver was cool, Mystique was shilled pretty bad.

Apocalypse was underwhelming (make a big deal about him being an inspirational leader, is basically le doomsday villain), Angel and Psylocke barely do anything, and the finale was as dumb as OP said it was.

Dark Phoenix was heavily implied in both Jean's dream and in the finale. The post-credits scene is clearly meant to hype up Sinister and, given they take a vial of Weapon X, X-23.

>>82914279
The film is standalone for the most part, but knowing what happens in First Class and DOFP makes things easier, major spoilers for both films obviously.
>>
>>82900218
that's what I think as well
fun movie, dofp was better
7/10 as well
>>
>>82904150
that's actually kinda cool
unstoppable apocalypse
>>
>>82911604
pretty cool. I thought it would suck from the description
>>
>>82914859
OP Quicksilver scene was entertaining as fuck way more than DoFP though
>>
>>82915533
It was a little more of the same, but I certainly liked it
>>
>>82912914
Wasn't Polaris in DoFP?
>>
>>82915994
yeah, she was that little kid. Wanda still wasn't shown. I guess that Fox has Quicksilver, while Marvel has SW. Even trade
>>
Is the Quicksilver scene as good, close to or better than the Future Past one?

Also does anyone know anywhere to watch this movie online or torrent even if it's a cam rip or something? Its been out almost 2 weeks in Europe I'd think there's something out there.

I miss the days when Marvel movies would all leak online weeks in advance.
>>
>>82916218
Marvel and Fox both own Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. They're originally X-Men so Fox obviously gets them, but were featured in the Avengers comics so many times that they also count as Avengers which Marvel owns. Marvel is allowed to use them as long as they don't call them mutants (hence them being called enhanced in AoA).

I think Marvel killed off their Quicksilver in AoA after seeing how popular the Future Past version was out of respect to Fox. And vice versa for Fox not ever using Scarlet Witch after seeing how important she now is in the MCU.

The only thing that I don't understand about this is that Woverine is heavily involved with the Avengers at many points in the comics and is even a founding member of the New Avengers if I'm not mistaken, so as long as they don't call him a mutant I'm not sure what's preventing Marvel from using him.
>>
>>82916614
Wolverine being an avenger was an abomination.
He should have never become one. His involvement started around 2005, for 30 years he was exclusively X-Man
>>
>>82916656
Oh true I didn't know the New Avengers was so recent. While my only counter to that is Storm, I'm pretty positive was an on and off Avenger in the classic comics.
>>
>>82912095
>He just...has it at the beginning.
Well, that's anticlimactic. I was hoping for some alien tech shit.
>>
>>82916688
He wasn't. He appeared much more in classic Spider-Man and FF than Avengers. Hell, he had more appearances in Ghost Rider than Avengers
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-avengers/4050-2128/object-appearances/4005-1440/

Storm even less.

Wolverine being Avenger, was mostly a background character. He never did anything interesting of anything of value. Sometimes he appeared only on a cover.
>>
>>82916815
People tend to forget that before New Avengers, they were mostly a d-lister team of nobodies. Hell, the only reason that New Avengers sold was because of Spider-Man and Wolverine, nothing else. You can even see how much the sales went down after they both left.

Currently New Avengers is selling around 30k.
ANAD is selling good, because it has Kamala, but X-Men still sell better.
>>
>>82910586
after Apocalypse launches all of Earth's nukes into space via Cerebro, Stryker swoops in and arrests the more interesting mutants at the mansion with what seems like a specially equipped anti-mutant task force. Jean, Cyke and Nightcrawler stow away on their helicopters and then go on to free everyone by releasing Wolverine. They then steal a weird not-X-jet thing and go after Apocalypse.
>>
>>82913105
>magneto ends up killing thousands of people
He even helps Apocalypse willingly. It's not like Apocalypse has actual mind control over the horesemen. So yeah, that was really fucking jarring.
>>
>>82917086
It's Magneto, no one should surprised
One moment he builts an orphanage for flatscans, the very next moment he wrecks it down, because some kid flatscan put a booger on his cape

Magneto is a lovely scamp
>>
>>82916688
You're thinking of Beast. Beast was a major Avengers figure during the 80s.
>>
>>82917120
I bet he flips coin every morning to see will he nail humans to crosses or help old ladies walk across street.
>>
>>82917168
Makes sense he could get his science geek on with Banner and Stark
>>
>>82902733
Is it the actual comic sentinels, or the shit ones from DOFP?
>>
>>82916456
>Its been out almost 2 weeks in Europe
Came out yesterday for me. I literally watched the first showing. Theater wasn't even half full, though. Maybe Germany doesn't care about this movie too much.

>>82914484
>but J-Law did not want to be there. Completely phoned in, she clearly wants out of the franchise.
This was the one nice thing about watching a dub. From the trailer, JLaws lines sounded completely fucking flat though. Her voice actress actually put a decent amount of effort in.
>>
>>82899877
what the fuck? did they literally just use her to drum up publicity for this? She was the payoff to jean looking like, well whatever they cast to play jean.
>>
>>82902408
>Even if he is by far the best character to ever come out of the X Men.

rightfags are delusional as fuck
>>
>>82917176
That Magneto! The mutant menace
>>
>>82917234
Oh true, I just saw May 9th release for UK and assumed most of Europe gets the same release date.
>>
>>82911604
real talk, i dont care how shit these movies get ill keep watching for this quicksilver.
>>
>>82917359
same here, very cool scene
>>
>>82904150
That's how the Cell saga ended in the anime, fucking kek.

So Jean is Vegeta.
>>
>>82911604
Where'd you get this clip is there more available?
>>
>>82917359
>>82917379
Pure cancer.
>>
>>82917453
That would be any mcu flick
>>
I think I'm the only one here who thinks Quicksilver scenes are overrated.
It's good but not fantastic, slowing everything down and making the actor jump place to place is lazy and uncreative.
>>
>>82917609
It's superspeed, you can't do much with it.
>>
>>82917626
I wanna see a dervish of cool shit, not a time stop power.
I prefer CW Flash scenes and MCU Quickslav than this
>>
>>82899362
When will Fox return X-Men and F4 to Marvel?
>>
File: 1390815139131.jpg (93 KB, 599x778) Image search: [Google]
1390815139131.jpg
93 KB, 599x778
>>82917231
These.
>>
>>82917779
Hopefully not before they tried X-Force and New Mutants.
>>
>>82899822
That's not true at all, everything else is just basically distractions.
>>
>>82917926
Well I took the OP picture at the time, so I was a little distracted during that scene. Had to arrange my glasses in front of the lense.
>>
>>82917779
Hopefully never, unless you really hate the x-men and want marvel to burn them to the ground completely
>>
>>82917722
then you're in minority I'm afraid
>>
>>82900196
I think they are planning doing series now, I mean I read something about a Legion series...
>>
>>82918066
Legion and Hellfire, yes.
>>
is deadpool referenced in anyway or does the continuity not allow for that at all. Because i don't even understand how the wolverine movies and the deadpool movie fit into the world anymore.
>>
>>82911339
I like how they keep jumping ten years but the characters don't age.

Say, do they acknowledge that at all? Like, why Quicksilver still lives in his mom's basement?
>>
>>82918132
Franklin Richards? He was referenced already in one of the early X-Men films so why not?
>>
>>82918129
I bet that you're losing sleep over that
>>
>>82917396
more like gohan
>>
>>82918132
Fucking NEET.
>>
Catwoman, you know her right?

Cool, antiheroine, people know her, but ultimately she's no Trinity.
Well, what they did with Mystique in this movie is akin to DC having Catwoman be Wonder Woman's inspiration, Batman's teacher and having her ordering Superman around. There's literal Che-like posters of Mystique that muties hang in their walls. She is unironically called "The Hero" several times.

God I fucking hate J Law so much.

Also Jean looks like a bloated toad-like mess in several of her scenes, particularly the nightmare one while she's in bed.
>>
>>82918129
The Wolverine movies didn't happen, they came out before DoFP.

Deadpool is a seperate continuity where the X-Men uniforms aren't shit.
>>
>>82918129
This takes place in the 80s. I don't think Wade would even be born yet. There is no reference.
Wolverine Origins is outright non-canon, The Wolverine is part of the continuity DOFP extinguished. Next movie will most likely tie into the new canon, but way in the future.
>>
>>82918178
>Cool, antiheroine, people know her, but ultimately she's no Trinity.
Even worse, she'll never be nothing more than Batman's cocksleeve. I bet left arm she'll lust after him in All Star Batman again.
>>
>>82912988
He cries but he actually don't come to know exactly how Havok died...
>>
>>82915533
Every scene with QS is gold, I just don't understand why there is not any mention to Wanda...
>>
>>82918294
probably because she sucks
>>
>>82917968
Storm stop him of runaway but the PF was the one doing the killing, is even something similar to Logan desintegrating in the X-3 but at full power...
>>
File: 1460569003005.jpg (165 KB, 761x800) Image search: [Google]
1460569003005.jpg
165 KB, 761x800
Does quicksilver's new scene top that of future past?
>>
Can anyone tell me what the in-movie reason for JLaw not being blue all the time is?
>>
>>82909713
>Most of the major players were taken down several pegs to promote Cyclops over the past few years.
Not true at all. Blame shitty editorial decisions.

Look at the X-Books. Everything can be traced back to Morrison's team choices. Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine and Emma were the core characters for the last 15 years. Whedon added Kitty. Fraction added Magneto. Gillen added Magik.

They let Brubaker and Whedon demonize Xavier for drama. He's the only character you could actually argue was sacrificed to promote Cyclops.

They gave Storm to Claremont for his hackish 2001 revival series while Cyclops and Wolverine got actual character development in Morrison/Whedon's books. Later they gave her to Hudlin as a trophy wife for Black Panther because they wanted his Hollywood connections. She never recovered.

Rogue was caught up in the same shitty Claremont book Storm was. Carey had her front and center in his X-Men run for years. She was a pet character in a 2nd tier book and it sidelined her as an X-Man. No wonder she's the mutant-poster-child for the Avengers Unity Squad.
>>
>>82918667
I can not remember exactly what it was but that exact thing is actually "explained" when she finally meets face to face with Xavier...
It was shame about being a heroine and/or symbol to the mutants or something like that...
>>
>>82899362
Just watched it too. Overwhelming but disappointing. A good spectacle but not a single decent fight scene. Characters are mostly one-dimensional. Apocalypse himself is one of the best parts of the movie, he actually felt like an unstoppable divine power. But still a pretty standard villain character-wise.
And what the hell with letting Magneto just walk away? Most of the destruction around the world was done by him. He most likely killed more people than Apocalypse but everyone instantly treats him like a good guy just because he helped in the final fight.
Also loved the opening scene. Seeing normal people kick god's ass is always fun.
>>
>>82899362
Is that how they kill Paco Lips?
>>
Wot happon in after credits scene?
>>
Question for my /co/mrades, ok well, the son of Moira is mentioned (there are even some pictures at her office), I just can't remember if this kid is Legion or Protheus?
BTW that characters have actually fight at some point? Which one is the strongest?
>>
>>82919340
Her kid is Proteus.
>>
>>82919321
Essex people taking the blood of Logan.
>>
>>82919357
Thank you, so given that there is a Legion series in the making, we will see both of them in the screen (movie or tv) at some point?
>>
>>82919396
Everything's possible, you know that. If ten years ago you told me that Darwin would be first X-Man in movie...
>>
>>82918601

It's a better song at least
Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics
>>
>>82899738
Stryker finds him at the end of DoFP
>>
>>82919511
No, it's Mystique. You even see the eyes turn yellow as he/she turns away
>>
>>82919414
I want Darwin back already. Fucking fuck, its been enough time.
>>
>>82902428
>Implying that the leader of a group of antagonized outsiders wouldn't have wanted to kill Nixon

But yeah, Mystique as a mutant leader is even worse than putting Wolverine up there. Meanwhile Storm and especially Cyclops get shafted because another character is played by the biggest star
>>
File: 1240327253153.jpg (21 KB, 250x274) Image search: [Google]
1240327253153.jpg
21 KB, 250x274
X-Men coming out so soon after Captain America is going to hurt it's sales. It's like dating a 5 after banging a 10.
>>
Did someone catch that reference to xmen 3?
>>
>>82916688
No, Anon. Storm was never once an Avenger. Beast did go over to the Avengers side for quite a while and has notable relationships with a number of Avengers-related characters, but that's mostly it pre-Bendis.
>>
>>82917339
so it's there a camrip already?
>>
>>82911604
so no torrent yet I presume?
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (266 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
266 KB, 900x1366
>>82922494
>Storm was never once an Avenger.
She joined the team in Avengers Vol 4, Issue #19
>>
>>82922494
>>82923932
Told
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.