[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I sold pic related a week or so ago, it was mint or very near
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: NewMutants98.jpg (3 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
NewMutants98.jpg
3 MB, 3888x2592
I sold pic related a week or so ago, it was mint or very near mint when I shipped it out.
someone bought it for >$200.
Now they want to return it because it's "not mint" and "damaged"
I'm so mad at this moron.
I don't want this to affect my seller rating and I don't plan on refunding his money cause he damaged it with his big fat hamfists.

anyone else have any similar stories?
>>
>>82854736
Have you asked him to send a picture of the damage? Or did you package it well enough?
>>
>>82854736
Rape him so he doesnt complain anymore
>>
>>82854766
I used an insured package with the foam peanuts filling any gap between the box and the comic. He paid $200, I wasn't about to send it in an envelope.
>>
>>82854786
that's not the Joker, Gordon.
>>
>>82854736
>paying $200 for a comic
>paying $200 for a comic that came out after 1970.

What the fuck? The most I've payed for a comic was like $30 for Mr.A and even that was over priced
>>
>>82855029
It's Deadpool so it attracts the casuals and speculators who don't realize there are more of these comics in existence than ants on Earth.
>>
>>82855630
ANTS
>>
How much does it cost to get certified. Might be worth doing that for any high priced comics from now on.
>>
>>82855744
I didn't get mine certified, I just checked it for any damage, but its been bagged and boarded since purchase and was completely pristine.
>>
>>82854794
Ask him to send a picture of what he's talking about anyway.

Also, I dunno how experienced you are with selling and grading comics but mint is a really bold term. A mint comic especially one bought off the rack is extremely rare and essentially any imperfection at all means it is no longer mint. Not saying it wasn't mint but it probably wasn't.
>>
>>82855790

I'm just saying, that's protection for you the seller by having an outside agency seal and rate it.

Though I don't know how much it costs to get that rating. If it's a 100 dollars it might not be worth it.
>>
OP, i've been selling comics on eBay for over 10 years. this has happened a few times to me. some advice:
in your item description did you say Returns Not Accepted. or anything like i'm not a professional grader, condition as is?
don't pack a single comic into a box it will move around. I usually use padded envelopes and put about 5-10 boards in there and tape the comic in between as a sandwich and put in the envelope.
Ask for pictures of the damage, if the buyer will not provide pictures of the damage, tell him to suck a lemon. If there are pics of the damage, offer to repay the shipping or tell him to send the item back to you for a refund.
some people are just assholes especially on eBay, a lot of the people that complain about this shit are just people who are re-selling anyway.
>>
>>82854736
Now watch as he tries to return an absolute shit and tattered version, I hope you took pictures proving you shipped yours in the condition you described it because he's out to scam you out of your money and comic.
>>
>>82854736
Sounds like buyer's regret. I don't sell shit because I know shit like this would happen.
>>
>>82854736
You sold a miny New Mutants 98 for 200? And he's apparently bitching? Because that's a 500 dollar book easily, that sells regularly for that amount.

I had a 8.4 kicking around for years from an old comic shop i worked at, and I made a grand off it last year.
>>
>>82855963
If it was mint, IE 9.4-9.8, that book is worth about 2-4 grand easy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.