[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was this good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: crisis.jpg (51 KB, 600x924) Image search: [Google]
crisis.jpg
51 KB, 600x924
was this good?
>>
Fantastic, though not quite as good as it could've been. Morrison should've had twelve issues to work with or something.

Even still, Final Crisis, with all of its tie-ins, was a great read. I'm not sure if it was a good or bad thing that it were mostly self-contained.
>>
It was GOAT. Read Animal Man and Seven Soldiers first though.
>>
It's a bit of an acquired taste. I love it to pieces, but it's very easy to see why some people don't.

Whatever you may think about it, it's certainly a great deal more interesting than just about any other event comic out there.
>>
>>82833342
Yes, but it was delayed to shit on original release and reads much better in trade, so many dislike it.
>>
>>82833417
He had 10 issues to work with, 12 if you count the Batman ones.
>>
Overall it's ok. Superman Beyond 3D is amazing though.
>>
>>82839615
I was thinking of that as I wrote that post. Actually I'm pretty sure if you count all the tie-ins that he wrote himself, it'd be more like 14-15 I think? Even still, he tried to cram in way too much shit in what was still just a few short issues. Could've still used another two or three issues. They should've really had a company-wide bunch of tie-ins to show Darkseid's rule on Earth.
>>
It was pretty great. Filled with a lot of interesting ideas and plenty of Hypercrisis insanity

The main issue was with Countdown and the editors totally shitting the bed. The Death of the New Gods was entirely unrelated and directly contradicts Final Crisis despite Final Crisis opening with a mystery surround the death of a New God and both being released in the same month...
>>
>>82840337

Morrison already did that in JLA
>>
>>82840337
I'm pretty sure that that was what the tie-ins were for, but no one got the message. I don't think there has ever been an event with more useless tie-ins than Final Crisis. And the fact that Superman Beyond was billed as just another tie-in made the event's reception even worse.
>>
>>82840501
based DC editorial
>>
>>82833342
I liked it.

It was the first trade I ever owned; I remember reading it and being confused to hell.

A few years later and it makes perfect sense. I really appreciate it now.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.