[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Justice League Part One Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 18
File: 45841.jpg (128 KB, 1598x840) Image search: [Google]
45841.jpg
128 KB, 1598x840
Provided the recent rumors are true, what are some good stories featuring Steppenwolf? I love me some New Gods, but don't know anything about him specifically.

Synder referenced Seven Samurai as a big inspiration for Part One, with Batman tracking the Leaguers down to convince them to join him. The thing is that SS is an epic, running three and a half hours. Do you guys think JL can be on the same scale? I think we'll have to get another extended edition...

What is the thing in the upper right? Is it a giant ship?
>>
>>82814528
Justice League will be a two parter and most likelt more than 2 hours each.

Yeah I think it will live up to it, and not only is it inspired by the SevenSamurai it's also inspired by the Arthurian legend of the knights of the round table.
>>
I fucking love MOS & like BVS.
I really really hope they don't go with Steppenwolf in Part 1 and have Darkseid in part 2.
Both will just be Parademon armies fucking around.
I don't want 2 films of the same shit over and over.
Hope the earlier rumors of a Throne of Atlantis kinda story is true instead for part 1.
>>
>>82815629
>knights of the round table
How did I miss this with all the Arthurian imagery in BvS? That's awesome.
>>
>>82814528
I'm a huge DC fan, and whilst I thought MoS and BvS were okay, I feel like they could've been so much better. Unfortunately, I think the JL movies are going to be bad, because of Snyder.

Refrencing Seven Samurai is a cool thing and a good setup, but it's Snyder, he'll mess this up too I'm afraid.
>>
>>82814528
>Cavill is also balding in the concept art

Why doesn't he just shave and goes for the bald Supes look? It is just embarrassing
>>
>>82814528
what are the recent rumors anon?
>>
When are we getting this photo shoot of the team in costume?
>>
>>82815998
Steppenwolf will be the main villain of Part One
>>
File: doomsday-concept-art-51.jpg (37 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
doomsday-concept-art-51.jpg
37 KB, 700x300
I hope Batman is as proactive as he was in the concept art for BvS...
>>
>>82816199
I don't expect we get that for a while. They've recently started shooting.

How soon after BvS started shooting did we get the photo shoot reveals?
>>
>>82814528
>what are some good stories featuring Steppenwolf?

Some what now?
>>
>>82817435
read comics, or at least use google
>>
File: JUST League.jpg (439 KB, 1598x840) Image search: [Google]
JUST League.jpg
439 KB, 1598x840
>>82814528
>pic
Fixed it.
>>
>STILL no cast shot in costume

>>82816337
Can't remember BvS but SS wasn't that long after and JL starts outdoor shooting soon
>>
>>82814528

That is indeed a ship in the background.

Given the ship angle/placement and the snow I'd imagine this concept art is just Supes showing everyone is alone home
>>
>New Gods already
>no Brainiac
>no Mongul
wew
>>
>>82819051
Mongul a shit
>>
>>82814528
>what are some good stories featuring Steppenwolf

There aren't really any. You could try the recent Earth-2 run from New52, which is probably the only time he's done anything by himself.
>>
>>82814528
It will be shit and you DCuck better fuck-off with DCEU shit, we don't need it here.
>>
>>82814528
that team looks so depressing
>>
>>82818974
I'm pretty they aren't doing as open marketing as BVS was. Obviously that didn't translate into box office sales so it makes no sense for WB to do that same strategy and we already know Snyder is using a lot of green screens and private sets to avoid leaks.
>>
File: NEPB3pu7fyeBST_1_b.jpg (47 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NEPB3pu7fyeBST_1_b.jpg
47 KB, 600x316
>>82819653
Anti-Life justifies your hatred.
>>
>>82815802
Cos only fags on /co/ consider that balding
>>
>>82816199
They keep saying Soon but Gal is feasting for the next two weeks, Jason is doing some con's here in America and Henry is doing some sponsoring with Duracell.
Ray Fisher and Erza have been the ones mostly filming.
>>
>>82819707
Fuck-off, you pieces of garbage. DCuck a shit, Snyder a shit.
>>
>>82815802
What is it about Henry Cavil that brings out the pitiful little jealous bitches within /co/?
>>
File: Granny Goodness.jpg (68 KB, 292x363) Image search: [Google]
Granny Goodness.jpg
68 KB, 292x363
>>82819804
Anti-Life justifies your ignorance. Submit to Anti-Life media. Watch Anti-Life media. Hate Anti-Life media. Argue about Anti-Life media. Hate others for watching Anti-Life media. Masturbate to Wonder Woman. Kill Like Batman. Kill like Superman. Kill for Anti-Life. Anti-Life justifies your obedience. Anti-Life justifies your submission. Anti-Life justifies your hate.

DARKSNYD IS.
>>
I'm worried about Granny Goodness. They may turn her into a scary monster like that thing in the deleted scenes, but the contrast between her motherly look and the things she does is what makes her creepy, wich then again can bacfire if done wrong.
>>
>>82819653
>>82819707
>>82819804
>>82819978
samefag
>>
>>82819849
It's ok, anon. Much like Cavill you can just shave it off and no one will even notice.
>>
>>82820871
What if they get a real granny to voice her? Asner's voice worked so well.
>>
File: Desaad.jpg (31 KB, 442x332) Image search: [Google]
Desaad.jpg
31 KB, 442x332
>>82820901
Anti-Life justifies your ignorance.
>>
>>82814528
>Steppenwolf rumors

you sure like to dream
>>
>>82818702
I know who Steppenwolf is. I'm saying he has dick-all for good good stories.

Unless you count original Kirby, which isn't exactly Steppenwolf's story anyway.
>>
>>82814528
I love the recent rumors. It makes each member of the League WAY more important, and removes the need for a dedicated origin movie. Instead of each hero coming together just because of a threat too big for them to handle alone, each one is drawn into it directly because they are important to the plot. The Amazons and Atlanteans teaming up to help repel Darkseid in the past, as well as the lost Mother Boxes all make Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg key pieces of the puzzle, and not just "there because they need to be". This only really leaves Flash needing an intro, and it makes it plausible that they would make him friends with Vic to give him greater purchase in the film.

Also, the fact that the team is going to realize they need Superman to defeat Darkseid is great. I hate being a Superwanking faggot, but I'm not sure how people can say Snyder hates Superman. Everything that has occured in the DCEU thus far has revolved entirely around Superman, I mean, he's even cited as an impetus for the Suicide Squad in the trailers. I'll be bummed we have to go basically an entire movie without Superman (I really like Cavill in the role), but it will make his return all the sweeter.
>>
>>82824312
We know he's in this movie, which means the rumors about them suddenly needing Superman can't be true. And there's no reason to resurrect him because he can do that fine all on his own.
>>
>>82825525
>We know he's in this movie, which means the rumors about them suddenly needing Superman can't be true
You imply he couldn't just be in a flashback or a dream sequence. Or even just playing his own comatose body. You realize that Michael Shannon is credited as Zod in BvS, right?
>And there's no reason to resurrect him because he can do that fine all on his own.
Source? Yeah, I know we saw the dirt on the coffin floating at the end of BvS, but that doesn't imply that he's conscious. It only implies that he isn't dead, and that's because he never was. It's possible that actually bringing him out of his patented Kryptonian Healing Coma will require some action on the part of Bats and the rest of the league, or perhaps some Kryptonian technology.
>>
The DCEU is fucked. They didn't have a strong start like Iron Man, then they fucking blew it with the lead up with BvS.

Flash is horribly cast, Wonder Woman is a stick, cyborg is shoe-horned into the Justice League, Superman dies for no reason, Batman is a murderer, Aqua Man is already getting rewrites, Suicide Squad looks too edgy.
>>
>>82826180
holy shit are you for real?
>>
>>82825818
Does that mean Zod was never dead?
>>
>>82826232

He's entitled to his opinion, which doesn't seem too exaggerated from what has been widely reported.

The DCEU is two movies, MoS, and BvS, both highly divisive films.
>>
File: 1384680885869.gif (341 KB, 375x266) Image search: [Google]
1384680885869.gif
341 KB, 375x266
>>82826180
>>
>>82815629
>>82815708
There's a reference to Excalibur in the theater Bruce leaves with his parents. Its Snyder's favorite movie.
>>
>>82824312
>I hate being a Superwanking faggot, but I'm not sure how people can say Snyder hates Superman.

Because he characterizes Superman as a tortured, burdened figure with a temper who barely speaks.

>Everything that has occured in the DCEU thus far has revolved entirely around Superman, I mean, he's even cited as an impetus for the Suicide Squad in the trailers. I'll be bummed we have to go basically an entire movie without Superman (I really like Cavill in the role), but it will make his return all the sweeter.

None of that means Snyder gets Superman as a character.
>>
File: tumblr_o50zv1gAXE1ul3s15o1_540.jpg (108 KB, 540x597) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o50zv1gAXE1ul3s15o1_540.jpg
108 KB, 540x597
>>82826180
>Flash is horribly cast

I dunno, I'd fuck him.
>>
Pretty sad Jimmy Olsen didn't survive to see the introduction of Fourth world stuff. The way he as killed sits so wrong with me.
>>
File: ultra comics.png (849 KB, 861x829) Image search: [Google]
ultra comics.png
849 KB, 861x829
>>82826526

Everything that you love can be taken away and destroyed.
>>
>>82826526
You don't actually care about Snyder killing Olsen. You just want an excuse to be angry.
>>
File: 1462729937519.jpg (289 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
1462729937519.jpg
289 KB, 1200x627
I'm hyped.

We lived to see the Justice League together on film.
We lived to see parademons on film.
We lived to see Jack Kirby's Fourth World on film.
>>
>>82827504
God damn I'm rock hard. I love DC so fucking much.
>>
>>82819051
Not only are they going full retard by blowing their load with the New Gods so early, but they're also probably going to be the lame Johns versions too.

>>82827504
This would all be great, if it weren't all going to suck. This is the worst possible outcome of what everyone wanted to see. This is the biggest /co/-related monkey's paw wish of all time.
>>
>>82827791
t. Disney social engineer
>>
>>82827791
AMAZING GRACE

HOW SWEET THE SOUND
>>
>>82826723
No, I did. I actually like the movie for the most part. but killing Jimmy Olsen like that is just wrong.
>>
>>82826723
Not him but I'm mad. Jimmy has always been a pretty intrinsic part of the Superman mythos. Taking away Jimmy Olsen like that and making him a fucking CIA agent just did him no justice.

>>82827830
For fuck's sakes, not everyone who hates the DCEU is some kind of Disney shill. Get it through your thick skull.
>>
>>82827791
>This is the biggest /co/-related monkey's paw wish of all time.
Jesus Christ, THIS
>>
How do we get rid of Snyder?
>>
>>82830211
Snyder is the symptom. WB is the problem.
>>
>>82830246
If only they use the same system as Disney...man, this is the reason they are fucking hard to work with just like Sony.
>>
>>82830287
>If only they use the same system as Disney
bad b8 m8
>>
>>82830287
I wouldn't even say that. I love what Marvel has done, but that doesn't mean they need to do the same thing. Marvel has done something brilliant with their plan of attack thus far, but that doesn't mean someone else couldn't discover something better. That's not to say that what WB is currently trying is better, because I think all it has accomplished is turning DC into a pop culture punchline, but I'd never insult them for trying something different. The problem is when you make a Superman movie as divisive as MoS was, then follow it up with the first movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, and it can't bring in a billion, the well is fucking poisoned. The studio as a whole is quickly turning into a dumpster fire, and instead of consolidating assets cancelling certain productions, removing the Snyders from the equations, trying to force through a soft reboot of the universe, they are instead going full throttle, expanding the line with a Harley Quinn solo, having a Booster Gold solo get written, etc. It is insane to think they are going to get a different result by doing the same thing, but that is what they are doing. That or, they are legitimately satisfied with the commercial success of MoS and BvS, which is an even scarier thought, because if that is the case it says to me that the numbers they pulled is the best these characters can do, and Disney makes more with theirs because theirs are better, and frankly, if that is the case, DC deserves new ownership. There is no reason DC characters shouldn't be able to pull the same numbers Marvel's do. At this point the only benefit I see is WB potentially being forced to sell DC to someone else, because Tsujihara is seemingly driving it straight into the ground.
>>
>>82830646
>*because if that is the case it says to me that they think the numbers they pulled is the best these characters can do
Accidentally dropped a couple of words.
>>
I'm pretty sure Snyder is Desaad at this point
>>
>>82830646
>At this point the only benefit I see is WB potentially being forced to sell DC to someone else
Fuck yes.

>Disney now owns DC
>new DC cinematic universe that doesn't suck
>Marvel vs. DC crossover movie
>>
>>82830646
>as divisive as MoS was
this is why the DCEU is great tho

Divisive means not bland.
>>
>>82830760
die in a fire
>>
>>82830646
They won't sell DC. They make too much off just Batman t-shirts and they can reboot the movies eventually. This won't kill the brand.
>>
File: 1462975562371.png (516 KB, 720x800) Image search: [Google]
1462975562371.png
516 KB, 720x800
>>82830740
>Snyder is Desaad
>has always been Desaad
>the DCEU is his complicated scheme to pull his Lord of Apokalips Darkseid into the real world by implanting the idea of Darkseid and the Apokaliptan New Gods into the mainstream consciousness
>while also killing Superman and other DC heroes by making terrible movies featuring them
>eventually the negative mark the DCEU makes on pop culture is such that the DC universe dies
>Darkseid wins in the end
>>
>>82830796
Honestly by this point, Marvel Studios would probably do a better job with DC's properties than WB ever would.
>>
>>82830646
>expanding the line with a Harley Quinn solo
Wait, fucking what?
>>
>>82830762
Divisive may mean not bland, but it also means alienation of a significant portion of the desired market, which is bad for business, and as much as you may have enjoyed MoS and BvS, alienation of a desired market means the DCEU cannot last long before stockholders start asking why Disney brings in enough cash from Marvel to fill a swimming in a pool, and WB can only get enough to fill an inflatable one. You may like the DCEU because it is bold and caters to your preferences, but never forget that the motion picture blockbusters are intended to be digestible and enjoyable to as wide a market segment as possible, because they are the vehicles that go on to fund the Oscar bait that earns actual prestige for the studio. When people stop going to see DCEU movies because they just don't like them, because they are bold, and aren't bland, it stops being an investment that generates additional revenue, and starts being a money sink that is bad for business.
The same reason why exceptional monthlies get cancelled is the reason why this not so exceptional (for me) shared universe may as well.

>>82830816
>They make too much off just Batman t-shirts and they can reboot the movies eventually.
But that is specifically why they might. Because it is an asset that generates a degree of liquid capital it might be sold off in exchange for an enormous amount of liquid capital that may be necessary to get the studio back on track if Tsujihara sends it flying off the rails. You can't pay the bills with DC publishing, or Geoff Johns, or the Superman or Batman IPs. You can pay the bills with the money you sell all of them for however.
>>
>>82831140
>Harley Quinn Movie in the Works at Warner Bros. With Margot Robbie (Exclusive)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/margot-robbies-harley-quinn-movie-894486
>>
>>82831205
Put Catwoman and Poison Ivy in it and I might watch it.
>>
>>82831205
>Months ahead of the opening of Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. is already contemplating a spinoff for the DC Entertainment anti-heroine, Harley Quinn.

>Margot Robbie, who stars as the villainess in Suicide Squad, is attached to reprise the character and would also produce the untitled spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

>But in an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC’s female heroes and villains.

>Details are being closely guarded but names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey have surfaced, although in what capacity, it’s not clear. Warner Bros. isn’t commenting.

>There is also a scribe penning the script but those details, too, are being kept secret, although it is known that the writer is female.

>DC has a very strong stable of heroines and villainesses and has been focusing on those characters with the rise of its female readership and fanbase. It recently introduced DC SuperHero Girls, a line of comics and products targeting the young female demographic. The characters getting the spotlight include Quinn, Batgirl, Batman villainess Poison Ivy, Katana (Quinn’s fellow member of the Suicide Squad) and Bumblebee, who can fly and shrink.

>Sources say that Robbie was the impetus for the project, adding that when she got the part for the movie, she dove deep into the comics to learn as much as possible about the character. In the process, she fell for DC’s female characters. She brought on the writer to help develop the project and brought it to Warners, which snapped it up.

>A Quinn-centered movie is a no-brainer for Warners. The character was created by writer Paul Dini and was initially a sidekick and girlfriend to the Joker. But to the surprise of many, she caught the imagination of fans, who have propelled her to star status. While she may not have the stature and deep roots of DC's Wonder Woman, Quinn's books outsell the Amazonian's and her merchandise is also a top seller.
>>
>>82831326
>The character has some similarities to Marvel's Deadpool in that they both break the fourth wall and have nihilistic streaks, with their stories being wacky fun.

>Robbie is well-established at Warners, where she previously starred with Will Smith in 2015 caper flick Focus and plays Jane in this summer's The Legend of Tarzan. She is repped by CAA, Management 360, Jackoway Tyerman.
>>
>>82831003
>however good always wins over evil, as per Hypercrisis
>years from now the Golden Age of superhero movies dies out
>after a long while, people in charge who actually know what the fuck they're doing are put in charge of WB's properties
>DCEU is rebooted, new DC cinematic universe
>starting with a new Superman movie that actually has Superman as a symbol of hope, optimism, and an ideal you can strive for
>releases on May the 2nd, 2052

Should've used that image in this post, my bad.
>>
>>82831363
Granny will eat your magician's puny heart long before that, Earthling!
>>
>>82831765
The sad thing is, I'm not sure if I'll even last that long. I'm depressed enough as it is.
>>
>>82831935
Anti-Life justifies your pain. The trinity is lost. You are alone without hope. Submit. Die! Die for Darkseid!
>>
>>82832153
NO!

I will never submit to Darkseid!

I...I cannot resist. All is one in Darkseid! DARKSEID IS!
>>
File: 1384069463431.jpg (2 MB, 935x1695) Image search: [Google]
1384069463431.jpg
2 MB, 935x1695
>>82832564
>>
>>82832599
>the DCEU will never get Darkseid as right as even this
>>
>>82832673
Of course not. Didn't you know that Darkseid is just a metaphor for the Lucifer, anon? He was never an original character with original characteristics or attributes. No, he is just a mask to be used by another heroic character of myth or religion from hundreds of years ago, didn't you know? Nevermind that Lucifer is an actual character in the DCU. That doesn't matter. Isn't Snyder so deep and subtle?
>>
>>82832851
>Isn't Snyder so deep and subtle?
Not really, no.

>young Bruce Wayne being carried by a ton of bats with his arms stretched out like Jesus

Seriously?
>>
>>82833192
Anon, if I did a poor job conveying my sarcasm, I do apologize.It was not meant to be a sincere post.
>>
>>82814528
>>82814528
Synder, for the love of.....did they not learn anything?
>>
>>82833408
The Kino God is not so easily cast aside.
>>
>>82833408
I know, I know. I brought you a chair. Why don't you have a seat, and we can watch the train wreck from a safe distance.
>>
>>82832851
>Nevermind that Lucifer is an actual character in the DCU.
Man, I'd actually love to see a comic with Darkseid and Lucifer interacting in any way.

Preferably while anally raping Zack Snyder, but I'm not picky.
>>
>>82833638
>but I'm not picky
orally raping him works too, huh?
>>
>>82833638
Think J'onn could be raping Goyer orally, anally, and mentally nearby?
>>
>>82833303
I know, I was responding to your sarcasm seriously, don't worry about it.
>>
>>82834029
That is acceptable.
>>82834155
That I insist on!
>>
>>82831281
Gotham Sirens v Batgirl: Dawn of Lewd
>>
>>82834399
You have to remember though.

The movies are "inspired" by new 52- post jokerlove harley that's more of a lelzorandumb girl than her former self.

I fear it'd be an insult to the actual gotham sirens.
>>
>>82825818
It won't be comatose body. Someone I know worked at the UK WB Studios set and said that Cavill filmed for about 4-5 days.
>>
>>82834399
>>82834431
This anon is correct. Remember:
>The character has some similarities to Marvel's Deadpool in that they both break the fourth wall and have nihilistic streaks, with their stories being wacky fun.
>>
>>82834509
Please tell me this isn't an official WB quote.

No, no, no, no. I've been binge reading pre new 52 harley lately, did sirens and mad love and now will go through her original comic.
Gosh, mad love is so nice.

Why did they butcher her so much? I think as far as new 52 goes, harley is among the ones who was ruined the most.

I plan on reading the old SS too.
Eventually.
>>
>>82834611
No, it is from the article, but not an official quote from the studio. With that said, if the article mentioned something in passing, or a comparison of the two character, that may be why it was included.
>>
>>82834677
They're going about this the wrong way.
Which is a shame because Margot is a really nice casting for Harley.

Remember the torture scene?
Joker turns Harley crazy with torture? As opposed to just talking to her?

I can imagine the discussion "no, we need to establish the Joker as DANGEROUS , he has to torture her"
Idiots.

IDIOTS.

Someone who can turn you crazy by talking to you is FAR MORE DANGEROUS than someone who needs torture for it.

They have no clue, do they?
>>
>>82834870
>They have no clue, do they?
"Superman" actually said "No one stays good in this world." No one with any authority said "Zack, David, Chris...doesn't this seem a bit out of character to you? Sooo, no. No fucking clue at all.
>>
So... Any WB anons on the set of this? What's the water cooler/snack table chat like?

Are we ever gonna get any email leaks? I'd kill to read through what they've been saying behind the scenes. I bet that's some real juicy shit.
>>
>>82834969
I have to admit I'm not a big supesfag so I don't care.
Batffleck was nice and I like bats, so I was optimistic.

But they'll butcher Harley and Mistah J :(

Anon is not pleased.
>>
>>82831358
>>The character has some similarities to Marvel's Deadpool in that they both break the fourth wall and have nihilistic streaks, with their stories being wacky fun.
>>
>>82835703
Okay wait. Stop.

When the FUCK did Harley God damn Quinn become aware she's a comic book character? You mean to tell me she figured this horrifying, liberating truth out before the Detective? Before the Joker? Was she exposed to anti-life? When did this happen? What the fuck is this excuse for this shit?
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.