[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: Spider-Man-Civil-War-Team-Cap.jpg (98 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-Civil-War-Team-Cap.jpg
98 KB, 1000x500
Hey /co/ let's talk about what we didn't like about this movie.

Overall I liked it but there were a couple of gripes I had with it.

Did it bother anyone else that Falcon brutally murders at least 5 of crossbones guys in the first scene? I thought these guys didn't kill anyone no matter what
>>
>>82803411
>I thought these guys didn't kill anyone no matter what
Where the fuck did you get that from? All of the Avengers have killed in battle since day one.
>>
>>82803411
You realize that a good chunk of them are military/special ops right?
>>
And what about the vial crossbones was after? Once Natasha got ahold of it, it was never seen again.
>>
>>82803461
It wasn't important to the rest of the story. It was some other scheme he had that they thwarted.
>>
>>82803411
If you've watched any of the previous films that's a fairly erroneous conclusion to draw. Also, his kills weren't even particularly brutal. He just shot them.
>>
it's in DC where they don't kill
and Daredevil
>>
Klaw getting Kucked.

Ross being an up-tight Gyrich-lite grump instead of muh hapless husbando.

Bucky ending up in Wakanda and bringing all of his baggage with him.

Basically it made me paranoia for Panther's movie on several fronts.
>>
>>82803411
Sun God pls leave. You failed.
>>
>>82803641
>Bucky ending up in Wakanda and bringing all of his baggage with him.
what?
>>
>>82803740
theyre keeping his frozen body in Wakanda
I thought its gonna play a role in Panther's movie though
>>
>>82803763
Bucky was the best character in this movie (not by much) but still I'd love to see more winter soldier in the BP movie.
>>
why were there 2 government guys named ross?
hobbit guy and thunderbolt ross?
>>
>>82803856
I assume they are related? Not sure though all I know is that Everett ross is a character in the comics
>>
>>82803856
all I wanna know is if Hulk's qt elf gf is ever coming back
her dad did
>>
>>82803856
Coincidence.
"Thunderbolt" Ross is a Hulk villain.
Everett Ross is basically a hapless sidekick from the State Department who follows T'Challa around in Priest's Black Panther run.
>>
File: Black Panther 031-008.jpg (211 KB, 648x984) Image search: [Google]
Black Panther 031-008.jpg
211 KB, 648x984
>>82803740
I'm worried that the "let them try" line is going to be indicative of the Black Panther movie's entire basis, i.e. it's gonna be about the 'murican govmint coming after Bucky.
Fuck that. Wakanda for the Wakandans. Give me a standalone Black Panther story, as little MCU synergy as possible.
>>
File: Black Panther 7_0006.jpg (272 KB, 637x984) Image search: [Google]
Black Panther 7_0006.jpg
272 KB, 637x984
>>82803812
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82803411

Zemo was boring. Heroes could have just talked to eachother. Didn't really feel like a war. Why didn't Cap die? Where did the whole registration act thing go?
>>
can bp work as a movie without a white devil bad guy?
>>
>>82804094
therell be a cool and colorful black villain that wears a costume but then itll be revealed hes just a pawn for an old white guy in a suit
>>
>>82804083
absolutely nowhere. there was no point to having that lady bitch to tony about her kid dying, tony didnt give a fuck at the end.
>>
File: 1.jpg (34 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34 KB, 640x360
>>82804083
Why was Cap in the first Avengers movie and not Ant-Man or Wasp? Why weren't the GotG formed by Annihilation? Why is Loki so pretty?
>>
>>82803641
>Klaw getting Kucked.
What? Klaw wasn't even in the movie.

>>82804132
They obviously built up Klaw to be the main villain of the BP movie back in Agents of Ultron, but we'll probably see Man-Ape as the token Wakandan villain
>>
>>82804025
What they could do is combine Bucky's presence, not killing Zemo, T'Challa's young age, and his less xenophobic views to create a conflict between him and his subjects.
>>
>>82804083

Zemo definitely could have been done better but he was still decent

If cap died they would have just had to bring him back with an infinity stone and ruin the impact. Let them kill off a bunch of hero's in infinity war to let the new avengers in.

And the hero act didn't go away. What I think based on the end of the movie is that Tony is going to lead his government run avengers and Steve is going to run his secret avengers with black panther acting as a middle man in between since he is now a king the government can hardly touch him .
>>
>>82804094
Negro 90% of his villains are black.
And the BP movie villain's already going to be the one white guy so the point's moot.
>>82804132
I' thinking the opposite actually .Klaw's got fucking nothing going for him now, so he'll be the victim of manipulation from inside Wakanda.
>>
>>82804083
>Where did the whole registration act thing go?
It didn't go anywhere. It's still in place at the end, with Tony, Rhodey, and Vision as the only government-sanctioned superheroes.
>>
>>82804245
They removed the one last combustable element from his relationship with T'Challa, after Whedon had already made someone else cut off his hand.
>>
>>82803411
>Did it bother anyone else that Falcon brutally murders at least 5 of crossbones guys in the first scene?
They're fucking terrorist mercenaries.

Go back to Switzerland you neutral-loving fuck.
>>
>>82804298
And black panther and spiderman and possibly widow?
>>
>>82804263
I'd be fine with that. Bucky as a background Mcguffin that's only casually referenced, not utilized at all.
>>
>>82803411
1. My autism is killing me when Team Cap is running towards the quinjet and when the angle of the shot changes, Ant-Man swaps his place with Bucky. I can't believe they didn't see this.
2. Vision was underused in the airport fight. I was kind of wondering before the movie on how they are going to stop him in that fight, but desu there was nothing to stop as the only thing he did were a)Phasing through based giANTS; b)crippling Rhodey
3. It wasn't 10h long
>>
>>82804410
I'd say life in that underwater supervillian prison would be a worse fate then death
>>
>>82804414
>Black Panther
He's a sovereign king.

>Spider-Man
Yeah right.

>Widow
She's wanted for aiding and abetting.
>>
>>82804452
I don't really give a shit when they're trying to steal biological weapons in a crowded city.
>>
>>82804430
I had the same wonder about Vision. Leading theory is that he was just overseeing the battle making sure nobody got hurt or got away (only for Wanda's injury to distract him at the end).
>>
>>82803411
Cap was completly wrong and comes off kinda bad. His side made sense in the comics but in the Film he was 100% wrong.
>>
>>82803411

Theyve been shooting motherfuckers left and right for a few movies now which is weird.

Honestly would've made more sense if they weren't killing people left and right if they're not under the accords. Doing that to terrorists you could bring in for information or just killing with super powers/gadgets without being given the order to sounds like something that'd make registration come a hell of a lot faster.
>>
>>82804454
He also has no intentions of passing on the BP suit and at the start of the movie he tells black widow he had signed the accords already. And why the fuck not spiderman? He's going to do whatever the hell Tony tells him to
>>
>>82804528
What was it like in the comics?
>>
>>82804529
theyve been shooting mooks left and right
their leaders have all killed themselves, accidentally killed themselves, or got away
>>
>>82803411
1. Crossbones only lasts for a few minutes of the first act of the movie.

2. Zemo was underrated. I seriously believe they misused both Zemo and Crossbones. They should of have been related, instead of being their own parties. That could have connected more or less to the story in the comics.

3. Zemo wasn't a Baron. He was just a random guy. They could have used a totally unrelated character for his role.

4. Cap didn't actually die.
>>
>>82804528
What? Even Tony admits cap was right at the end
>>
>>82804528
>you can only intervene in human rights violations if the country representatives at the UN give you the okay
nah senpai
nah
>>
>>82804546
shit
>>
>>82804534
>And why the fuck not spiderman? He's going to do whatever the hell Tony tells him to
Because nobody's supposed to know who he is.

Tony's pissed at Ross and the government, so I doubt he'd tell them. Hell, this is probably going to be the reason why JJJ hates Spider-Man so much.
>>
>>82803411

Why do faggots/casuals get butthurt about superheroes murdering people. What do you think they've been doing the past 80 years? Many mercenaries, monsters, soldiers, henchman, aliens and robots have paid the ultimate price.
>>
File: wtf man.jpg (39 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
wtf man.jpg
39 KB, 200x196
>mfw my gf complained about the airport fight being 20 minutes long
I was like, that was the best part! I don't get it
>>
>>82804574
For his role, maybe.
The actual character was definitely Zemo-y.
>>
>>82804599
You don't get to ignore laws just because you think you know better.
>>
>>82804671
tell that to the citizens currently being exploded
>>
>>82804639
Yeah, I know. That's why I'm hoping that letting him live in the movies makes him go full Baron Zemo, with the mask and everything.
>>
>>82804546
Everyone was at 100% turbo-retard
>>
>>82803411

Thread is about what we didn't like about the movie. Shills in full force trying to refute every complaint about the movie lol /co/ never change.

Anyway I liked the movie. Spiderman, Antman and Black Panther were my favorites. Fights were great. Cap was pretty likeable in the movie too. Music was ok. Zemo was meh. Rest of characters and most of the story I couldn't really get into. Honorable mention to Will Hurt for returning to the Marvel franchise shit Hulk was awhile ago.
>>
>>82804671
They DO know better.
>>
>>82803557
It's fucking weird they decided to make Daredevil "no kills" character, because in comics he has killed and sure as hell consciously tried to kill Bullseye.

Furthermore, it contradicts season 1 as in season 2 we get confirmation that Murdock acknowledged result of his fight with Nobu as him killing Nobu and living with it just fine.

Oh right, I forgot it was Frank's show it was Frank's ideology that was supposed to be challenged, not Matt's.
>>
>>82804760
There's another complaint:
No fucking Hulk salt from Lt. Ross.
The slideshows like the only time he brings him up.
Why even make it that specific character if he's not going to go off on Tony at some point for GETTING THAT JOLLY GREEN FUCK A PARDON?
>>
>>82804774
I'm sure the KKK thinks so, too.
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (41 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
41 KB, 569x428
>>82804083
>Heroes could have just talked to eachother.
What would they have said? What would it have changed?

Cap: "Bucky was framed."
Tony: "Of course you'd say that, you're his friend. What if he's just playing you? You shouldn't trust him."
Cap: "It's unlike Bucky to be caught on camera. It's the psychiatrist. He's really some spec ops guy. He's in Russia doing bad shit. When have to stop him now."
Tony: "You can't just go to Russia cap, the UN is tired of that shit. We fucked up in AoU, people died. We can just have free reign anymore."
Cap: "We have to go now. If we don't go now, it might be too late latter."
Tony: "I orders from the higher ups to stop you from leaving."
Cap: "I'm leaving anyway."
Tony: "Well, I guess I have to fight you."
Cap: "Then we must fight."
>>
>>82804922

I liked that he wouldn't call him Hulk but instead referred to him as "Banner."

But I agree though definitely the best actor in the movie and he was so underutilized. Would have been great seeing him interact with Green Boy.
>>
>>82804921
I distinctly remember him being all "no kills" in Miller's run, especially towards Bullseye.
Ninjas don't count as people.
>>
Ant-Man's whole movie was about redemption and being able to be in his daughter's life. "If you come with us you'll be a criminal." "What else is new?"

Scarlet Witch as presented or Vision could have fucked up the entirety of the opposing teams

Tony & Ross / UN are determined to get Bucky but have Black Widow, a former Soviet spy that WASN'T under mind control when she killed people on their team

Tony has to be out of character retarded to believe the accords are a viable middle ground

Tony stops hunting Bucky / Cap after that final battle (which felt like a mid-movie fight) for no reason, nothing was resolved, yet they're pen pals now

War Machine is paralyzed in the suit yet we've seen Tony fall from higher in a fucking can made in a cave and be fine
>>
>>82804922
because if he goes apeshit on one of their friends no one would support him
>>
File: 1458929531878.png (568 KB, 684x534) Image search: [Google]
1458929531878.png
568 KB, 684x534
>>82804958
holy false equivalency batman
>>
>>82804990
It's ambiguous if he dropped Bullseye after he killed Elektra intentionally.
>>
>>82804967

Cap: "Bucky was framed."
Tony: "Prove it. Or I'm bringing you to Ross."
Cap: "Give me 24 hours. If I can't find Zemo than I'll surrender."
Tony: "Ok."
>>
>>82804760
Op here. I loved the movie myself it's my favourite one in the MCU yet, doesn't mean there's absoulutly nothing wrong about it worth talking about
>>
>>82804638
In some reason a lot of people just can't appreciate movies on technical level. Most common argument:

>"Good guys always win, so who cares!"

Fucking, I care, and would love to know how those fights were shot and created and choreographed.
>>
File: Justice Lords.jpg (78 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
Justice Lords.jpg
78 KB, 500x308
>>82805028
If you want a better comparison...
>>
File: 1459800938401.jpg (203 KB, 766x506) Image search: [Google]
1459800938401.jpg
203 KB, 766x506
>>82803411
That totally out-of-left-field Steve and Sharon kiss.
>>
>>82803411

Best MCU movie mostly because spiderman, antman and blackpanther are in it for like 30 minutes.

Still boring for the first hour.

LOL
>>
>>82805060
>Cap: "Give me 24 hours. If I can't find Zemo than I'll surrender."
Tony didn't have 24 hours.
>>
>>82805100
I'll give you that
>>
>>82804245
I'm somewhat doubtful that they'll cast a black man in a role called "Man-Ape"
>>
>>82803411
Besides the two fight scenes, the story was completely lackluster. I get why nations want to "rein the Avengers in", I really do, but the reasoning that they happen to be around when a few civvies die is such a BS way to go about it. I mean, yeah it sucks that lady's kid died, or Zemo's family bit the dust, but what would have happened had the Avengers not been there? The world would have been enslaved by the Chitari. Who knows if Tony would have built Ultron had he not been Iron Man, but I feel like he would have gone down that road because he would have stayed a weapons dealer if he never got caught in Bumfuckistan.

I also hate how they never show a definitive splintering among the Avengers. At the end, it's clear that Tony and Cap are mostly cool with each other because of the phone thing. It's like that whole build-up to Bucky being responsible for Tony's parents' murder was for nothing.

Another thing, what exactly would have happened had they signed the accords unanimously anyways? When the next world-breaking event started up, the U.N. would just squabble like it always does and not get a fucking thing done with activating the Avengers as a nation-backed force. Then they would have just gone off and saved the world anyways, proving Cap's point and showing everyone that governments can't figure out their shit.

Black Panther and Spidey were awesome though, and that's all I really wanted from this movie anyways, so bully for that.
>>
>>82804990
Actually the context is different.
Terrorists overseas who are engaged in terrorist acts are A-OK to be killed, though a lot of the Avengers just knock them out still; Cap rarely actually shoots anyone himself.
In the United States in most other cases supervillains are NOT terrorists committing terrorist acts, but are basically just jumped-up bank robbers and Mafia types and criminals, even psychos like Bullseye who really are just mob hitmen with a gimmick. In the States they're making citizens arrests so they can be tried in the criminal justice system, whereas terrorists don't really get the same kind of legal treatment.

...and yeah, ninjas don't count as people. In one of the Shadowlands tie-in Luke talks about how Matt has gone way over the deep end, to which Danny immediately reminds him that both he AND Luke have killed tons of ninjas and HYDRA goons over the years. Luke just awkwardly claims that "that's different" without really explaining why it's different. The insinuation is that ninjas and HYDRA goons don't count as human beings in superhero terms. The open admission of the hypocrisy of the entire Shadowlands storyline made me laugh.
>>
>>82805060
But he had to go to Russia to prove it, something Tony didn't want him too do. Also, Cap wanted to leave right then and there.

People who didn't pay attention to the movie say "Tony had like 12 hours or something to bring in Cap, that was plenty of time to talk it out.", but cap didn't have any time to spare.
>>
>>82805135

Yeah he only had 48 when he asked for 72.
>>
>>82804993
>Tony has to be out of character retarded to believe the accords are a viable middle ground
He is out of character retarded he has horrible PTSD and crippling anxiety (iron man 3)

War machine was also hit with a direct blast from the most powerful avenger before falling
>>
>>82804282
No, Cap being kill would have allowed for the ultimate final showdown with Thanos, with either Black Widow or Tony being the last Avenger alive and wishing Steve back.
>>
>>82804993
Ant-man knows that making the right choice does not necessarily mean following the law
>>
>>82804958
Anon, have you ever known the UN in all of their existence to get anything done quickly?
While some tiny country in the middle of South America is getting attacked by, let's say Fin Fang Foom, and the UN is too busy debating if the Avengers should be allowed to go for whatever reason, do you want the Avengers to sit back and wait for the call?
>>
>>82803461
Zodiac would be my guess
>>
>>82804993
>Tony stops hunting Bucky / Cap after that final battle (which felt like a mid-movie fight) for no reason
no reason? how about getting fucking wrecked by Cap
>>
>>82805191
They'll call him M'Baku and have Ross say "truly, he is some sort of man... ape?" once when he dons the cowl. Same they did with several prior goofily-named villains.
Ross will probably get punched for good measure.
>>
>>82805253
Then they should have at least addressed that. Even something as simple as having the line be "when captain America asks for your help you help" or some shit.
>>
>>82805191
Then they call him M'Baku, and he wears a White Gorilla skin for ceremony.
>>
>>82805308
Tony getting wrekt has never stopped him from doing what Tony wants to do. He just comes back with better tech to address that situation. It's clear that he isn't going to bother with the cell phone/letter scene.
>>
>>82805247
>black widow being the last avenger alive

Don't make me laugh anon, even thinking iron man would be the last standing is a joke.
>>
>>82805206
Hand Ninjas are basically zombies.
>>
>>82805353
>his name in the movie is now Manape, pronounced muh nah pay
>>
>>82803411

My problems are all with the first scene in Africa. The camera shakes to much, Caps plans are useless and he almost dies like a complete punk, the CGI for falcon looked incredibly bad and Vision wasn't kept in standby in case things went bad (Which they did)

Solid film with a bad start
>>
>>82804721
I'm positive they will. They originally wanted to have him don the mask in the final act but realized it wouldn't make any sense at all.
>>
>>82805109
I said the same thing but my gf reminded me that their relationship has been foreshadowed since winter soldier
>>
>>82805365
Maybe he calmed down in the meantime and realized that killing a brainwashed man is pointless.
>>
>>82805388
In terms of audience build-up to a Cap returning climax? You better believe it would be one of them.
>>
>>82805193
This.
>>
>>82804025

It's going to have to be at least part of it. They have to get the Avengers out of Wakanda somehow and they wont wait until Infinity War because they have Ant-Man and Wasp coming out
>>
>>82805450
Which is exactly why they didn't do it. It wouldn't be believable at all.

Could you imagine thanos destroying everyone but black widow SOMEHOW and then she wishes cap back and the two of them defeat thanos together? What are they gonna do make him feel awkward enough from their sexual tension to just leave earth alone?
>>
>>82805447
He had that moment when Steve tried to reasoning with him back at the Soviet base, to which Tony replies, "I don't care, he killed my mom."

To put that out there, and then end with a scene of him literally doing nothing about it, is really bad story telling and gives us no indication that the Avengers are fractured and at an irreconcilable impasse.
>>
>>82805551
In the MCU? Of course I can imagine it. The Russos have clearly proven that the weakest members are still viable against S-class threats. Black Widow being the one to bring Steve back for him to have the final showdown with Thanos would make most any regular fan of the movies wet their pants with "excitment".
>>
>>82804993
>Ant-Man's whole movie was about redemption and being able to be in his daughter's life. "If you come with us you'll be a criminal." "What else is new?"
Hey, they were paying him, plus he hates Stark and has a huge man-crush on Cap. Lang took another burglary job as soon as he got out of prison, then took a job to commit corporate espionage and terrorism for money. Seems perfectly in-character for me.

Now Hawkeye joining Cap's side despite working for the government his whole life, having a family to protect, and being retired, *that* bothered me. Especially since they didn't even give him any pretense of a reason.

>Tony has to be out of character retarded to believe the accords are a viable middle ground
He doesn't, there's just no better option on the table. "We do this, or it'll be done to us."

>Tony stops hunting Bucky / Cap after that final battle (which felt like a mid-movie fight) for no reason, nothing was resolved, yet they're pen pals now
Tony tried to kill Bucky in a fit of rage. It was a moment of passion. By the time he got that letter, he'd had a chance to calm down and think things through.

>War Machine is paralyzed in the suit yet we've seen Tony fall from higher in a fucking can made in a cave and be fine
No we didn't.
>>
Just saw civil war today. Thought it was great. Doesnt beat winter soldier imo, but its a very very close second. Had a few questions:

was Zimo a normal guy? He seemed like a pretty battle hardened guy at first but his backstory made him seem like a normal civilian who wanted revenge. How the hell did iron man's repulsor blast not kill Harvey Birdman? In Iron man 2 his blasts go through the same material that his suit is made out of, along with trees and buildings. But he hits birdman with it and he doesnt even need bandages afterwards. Why did crossbones not get a bigger role? He's caps killer in the comics for god's sake, you'd think in the MCU he'd get something bigger than the throwaway opening scene baddie. He's a bigger threat than zimos was, able to go toe to toe with Avenger's greatest hand to hand combat specialists at the time. Why did tony snap when he found out bucky was the killer? Didn't he already know it was bucky who did it? For god's sake, the only reason he SAW that videotape was because he was there to tell cap that he was wrong and that bucky was innocent. What happened to Black Widow? Does she even know that the fighting is over and that both teams are truced? Is she still hiding somewhere thinking that Ross is looking for her? Was the arm itself connected to bucky's mind control or was it in his brain somewhere and the arm had nothing to do with it? Why did Tony not bone aunt may? How did tony know who peter was if he never attended his seminar? Is wanda gonna bone Cap, vison or Hawkeye? When will ultron come back? Because its very obvious that ultron was smart enough to back himself up on the internet. Why does vision look so good in normal clothing? did tony purposely blast buckys arm off or was that accidental when buck was tearing at the suits core?
>>
>>82805560
Yeah, that was literally minutes after he watched the video. The letter was days, possibly even weeks or months later. He'd had ample time to cool off.

And the Avengers aren't at an irreconcilable impasse, Tony basically let Cap break the rest of his team out of the Raft. They just can't work together as a team because half of them are outlaws now.
>>
>>82805800
Zemo was the leader of a special ops unit, they mention this after the airport scene.
>>
>>82805722
>He doesn't, there's just no better option on the table. "We do this, or it'll be done to us."
But it isn't a believable or reasonable option to begin with.

>By the time he got that letter, he'd had a chance to calm down and think things through.
"Don't care, he killed my mom."

Cap tried to reason with him, and Tony clearly wasn't going to have any of it. Tony isn't the kind of guy to just let things go, either. It was weak story-telling to end it like they did.
>>
>>82805800
>How the hell did iron man's repulsor blast not kill Harvey Birdman?
They're literally his, like, propulsion system. He has pretty fine control over them.
>>
Stark recruiting a teenager that he knows nothing about outside of some internet videos bugs me. Did he really have no other options he could go to for backup?
>>
>>82805722
>hen took a job to commit corporate espionage and terrorism for money.

No he didn't

>He doesn't, there's just no better option on the table.
It's still retarded

>. By the time he got that letter, he'd had a chance to calm down and think things through.
So why didn't he think beforehand?
Why is he suddenly okay with it?
There's zero consistency

>No we didn't.
Yes we did, go watch the Iron Man 1 again
>>
>>82805899
>The letter was days, possibly even weeks or months later. He'd had ample time to cool off.
Which isn't conveyed at all. Tony doesn't just shrug things off, especially with something so hurtful as letting the guy who killed his parents get away. We see this through every Iron Man and in Civil War, I mean just look at the intense 3D product test that he gave at that college. He used that scene of the day his parents left for the last time and it was clear how much that hurt him. It's BS that Civil War ended on such neutral ground.

>And the Avengers aren't at an irreconcilable impasse
Which makes the whole movie pointless. In the end, there's no drama, there's nothing that needs to be fixed, and there aren't any broken egos. It's just another bland production from Marvel Studios that can't be bothered to take a risk because (understandably) it wouldn't make as much money.
>>
>>82805800
>thought it was great but had a million stupid irrelevant questions
sure, let's go

>was Zimo a normal guy?
He was a soldier who served on a special forces team. He was a normal guy in the sense that he wasn't superhuman, but still an elite badass like Black Widow.

>How the hell did iron man's repulsor blast not kill Harvey Birdman?
Presumably he can adjust the power of his repulsor blasts, he's not going to hit a normal human with the same force he'd use against Hulk.

>Why did crossbones not get a bigger role?
He had a pretty major role, the whole plot was kicked off by his actions.

>Why did tony snap when he found out bucky was the killer? Didn't he already know it was bucky who did it?
Anyone would freak out in that situation. And no, he had no idea beforehand.

>What happened to Black Widow?
Unclear, we'll find out in a future movie.

>Was the arm itself connected to bucky's mind control or was it in his brain somewhere and the arm had nothing to do with it?
What is this question even?

>Why did Tony not bone aunt may?
How do you know he didn't?

>How did tony know who peter was if he never attended his seminar?
He's a super-genius and Peter is a teenager who didn't do a great job covering his tracks.

>Is wanda gonna bone Cap, vison or Hawkeye?
Maybe?

>When will ultron come back?
Infinity War, probably.

>Why does vision look so good in normal clothing?
Because robots are sexy.

>did tony purposely blast buckys arm off or was that accidental when buck was tearing at the suits core?
Who cares?
>>
>>82803411

Cap's first scene with the full suit in TFA was him shooting some HYDRA guys.
>>
>>82805722
I think Hawkeye's reason was that he hates Stark after AoU
and with good reason
>>
>>82804083
>Why didn't Cap die?

Because spending time in IW to revive him would have been a waste.

It's in full effect and the Russos said it's going to affect a lot of phase 3 movies.
>>
>>82805984
>>82806130
Do you autists not get how human behavior works? People can get caught up in their emotions in the heat of the moment and still come to their senses later, it happens all the time.
>>
>>82806480
I'm sorry, I'm wondering why the murder of Tony's parents, which has clearly haunted him for literally decades, is being brushed off so lightly so that the movie can end on a neutral note. If you can't understand empathy and emotional distress, maybe you should throw the word 'autist' at a mirror instead, dumbass.
>>
>>82806223
>thought it was great but had a million stupid irrelevant questions
If i really like a movie of course im gonna want to analyze all the details and plots, anon.
>the whole plot was kicked off by his actions
The plot was going to be kicked off eventually, seeing as ross didnt just use wandas screwup to convey his point. People were mad before they even showed up to fight crossbones, he just provided the tipping point. Which still kinda proves your point i guess.
>super genius
but cant figure out how to keep his own childish ego in check. So far tony's ego has forwarded the plot in a bad way in 5 different MCU movies
>because robots are sexy
cant argue with that, anon
>who cares?
I do? ;-;
>>
>>82806130
>So why didn't he think beforehand?

Because he just saw his parents beaten to death.
>>
>>82806623
because he got closure?
thats how I interpreted it
>>
>>82803411
bruh the avengers kill.

they don't even pussyfoot around it, in the first cap movie captain America throws a guy into a fucking plane propeller, and in avengers he pushes a guy off the helicarrier.
>>
>>82804921
Daredevil actually did have a no kill rule, but it was broken after bullseye killed Karen Page.
>>
>>82805076
Besides the bad guy did win in this movie.
>>
>>82806661
>closure
I don't see it. He very clearly understands what he's planning on doing in the final fight scenes. To go from knowing who his parents' killer is, not to mention getting humiliated, to being nonchalant about the whole thing in the end is garbage. He could have at least balled the note up or crushed the phone, SOMETHING to show that he hasn't forgiven anything and to also express how the dynamics of the Avengers has changed in a fundamental way. It's bad story-telling, plain and simple.
>>
>>82804587
Only about trying to kill Bucky. Not about taking responsibility for their actions.
>>
>>82806807
But Tony knows Cap is right.
They'll need to be together if something like the Chitauri invasion happens again.
He's angry at Bucky, not Cap.
Making him that hotheaded would have been a step backwards for his character.
>>
>>82806965
yeah he already forgave cap im pretty sure, i promise you he still hates bucky though. unless something happens where bucky saves his life or helps him out in a big way, i doubt he'll ever forgive him
>>
>>82806965
In any other situation you would be right, but the murder of Tony's parents is something that has so deeply scarred him that there's no reason for him to just brush it off. Tony is shown just as frequently to be single-minded when he wants to do something. Hacking into the SHIELD archives in the first Avengers movie, or trying to create a better AI through Ultron and JARVIS in the second, he doesn't just listen to other people when they tell him to hold off. Hell, he expresses this when talking to Bruce, stating that in the end, "We're mad scientists." His ego is unmatched, and when a perceived slight is committed against him he goes in repulsors blazing, nevermind a perfectly reasonable slight.

They got it wrong in this movie.
>>
>>82807182
But he hasn't.
He just knows that Cap didn't do anything to his parents.

>His ego is unmatched
If it was, he wouldn't be so willingly giving control of the Avengers and over himself to the UN.
>>
>>82806102
Yet he took down falcon bucky and giant man in one fight
>>
Zemo's plan was incredibly stupid. It relied upon so many uncontrollable coincidences and other times just didn't make sense.

The Accords were completely retarded. The entire motivation for the UN was due to the collateral damage. What happens when the Avengers are regulated. Either they aren't allowed to go fight in which a lot more damage occurs, or they go in and save the day but collateral damage still occurs because that's the nature of the business.

Ant-man's powers showcase make no sense and completely contradict the explanation they gave in his movie.

Ant-man and Spidey ruin the tone of the airport fight scene. They built up this dramatic experience of being torn between these two groups of friends fighting each other but in the end became a massive joke filled fight with some cool choreography.

Why did Vision, a robot who is all about logic and calculation, try to drop an air traffic control tower onto a plane instead of just shooting it.

Ant-man, Spidey and Hawkeye were shoehorned in with terrible motivations (if any) to fight.

The directors were too scared to stick to any of their consequences at the end of the movie. Cap and Tony are essentially still friends due to a letter. They had a guy who was paralysed fucking walking in the next scene we see him. And they glossed over Cap breaking the Avengers out of prison despite having no shield, being in the middle of the ocean, underwater, and heavily guarded.

The first fight scene with Black Widow chasing the vial guys was the first time I have ever felt nauseous in a movie. The editing and cinematography in the fights was god awful.

Also, why was the a video camera in the middle of the woods that just so happened to film the exact thing that was needed to further the plot.
>>
So, we have two avengers teams now. Steve's is pretty much complete with Hawkeye, Wanda, Falcon, Black Panter, Ant Man and Widow maybe? Tony has Vision, Spiderman, half a Rhodey and possibly Bruce since they're besties and shit.
Cap's team are pretty much criminals now, so will they remain hidden in some african shithole? What's the point if they can't even go into the field?
>>
>>82806223
>Is Wanda gonna bone Cap, Vison or Hawkeye?

Who would do her best?
>>
>>82804263
I'm expecting what will happen is M'Baku and the Wakandan traditionalists are highly resentful of T'Challa harboring foreigners in his country and the Bucky issue will be the most contentious of them, with someone trying to assassinate Bucky in his cryosleep.
>>
File: civil-war-spider-man-salute.jpg (49 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
civil-war-spider-man-salute.jpg
49 KB, 1200x630
I've seen several complains about the way Spider-Man was handled. Not necessarily in this thread but around.

>Spider-Man is a too young
"Too young" is the most invalid criticism of Spider-Man anyone could make. People are just used to these 30-something actors trying to pass off being High School kids. Pete being young as hell is important to a lot of his characterization.

>Tony Stark having such a prominant role in Pete's hero career
Tony being the father figure and mentor in super heroing is not too crazy an idea. In the comics it was the Fantastic Four who helped Pete get in the groove of the spandex
scene. ISSUE NUMBER ONE of Amazing Spider-Man establishes the link between the FF and Spidey that has been a running theme throughout the years. Naturally Marvel Studios can't use Reed Richards or the other FF characters, so Tony Stark is the obvious choice.

>Aunt May is too young
One thing from the comics that never made sense was Aunt May being old as dirt. Ben was Pete's dad's brother, why the hell would Ben and May be elderly when Pete was in his early teens?

>The hell was up with that logo projector? Stupid
As far as the post-credits scene with the wrist gadget, the Spider-Signal has been around since Issue #3 of Amazing Spider-Man, so that too has a very long history of being one of the the do-dads Pete uses.

>Mechanical web-shooters are stupid
In the Raimi movies Pete's super smarts weren't really a major aspect of his character so him not building his own web shooters never really mattered to the character. He never really did science stuff. In the comics, the way he defeated all his villains was by rigging up a gadget or device. An anti-magnetic field to make Vulture unable to fly, acid webbing to eat away Rhino's armor, insulated webbing to ground Electro's power, the Spider-Tracers he built to track bad guys. Spider-Man is a science hero and the Raimi movies never once tapped into that.
>>
>>82804967
This. It was actually handled shockingly well. I never once thought, "God damn it, just say the thing! This is stupid!" like with virtually every other hero vs hero fight. I understood the motivations for both sides, and very little, if anything, would have changed from them talking it out more than they already had.
>>
>>82807349
>ant man's powers
wait
>powers
what?
make no sense and completely contradict the explanation they gave
You clearly didn't watch ant man's movie
>>
>>82804430
I thought for sure they would have a shot or two of Wanda suppressing him, but apparently he just spent 90% of the fight not doing anything while Wanda tossed around people like rag dolls.
>>
>>82807703
My only real complaint with Spider-Man was that some of his one-liners were pretty bad in a way that didn't seem intentional, but whatever.
>>
>>82806623
Who said it was neutral? I'm sure Tony still hates Bucky, but without him being right in front of him, he's not going to try and kill him. If they do wind up face to face again, I'm sure Tony will have to visibly hold himself back from attacking Bucky again.

He's not over the death of his parents, but now that he's not in a heat of the moment situation, he's not going to put his life on hold to track down and kill the person who's not even really responsible for their deaths.
>>
>>82807274
>He just knows that Cap didn't do anything to his parents.
But Cap is protecting the guy that outright murdered his parents. Why would Tony just shrug that off, even though he hasn't let other things go that are factually not as important?
>If it was, he wouldn't be so willingly giving control of the Avengers and over himself to the UN.
Which is out of character as well, and a plot point that a lot of other people are having trouble agreeing with as well, evident in this very thread.
>>
>>82807873
The only one liner i didnt like was
"You have the right to remain silent"
on the other hand, i thought him going on about star wars instead of just telling them to push giANT mans legs was pretty funny
>>
>>82808060
Same exact one for me. The rest of them I thought were fine though the ESB one was pressed a little too hard.
>>
>>82808059
Post Avengers he had a PTSD meltdown in which he made 42 suits for any situation conceivable because he feels an inherent need for control having face his mortality.

This PTSD reared its head aigakn In Age of Ultron, where Wanda shows him his wormhole again, and this time all his friends are dead because he didn't do more. So then he is directly responsible for creating a genocidal robot that nearly wipes out the earth.

He loses Banner.
He loses Pepper.

What has Tony been proven to do when the chips are down? Try to control everything. So he AGREES with the accords, because not only is he someone who's learned the hard way that there needs to be a system, HE is case number one for why there should be one.

Because his fuck ups have lead to countless losses.

Stark's 7 movie character growth makes perfect sense with Civil War.

Remember the scene at MIT? Someone calls him out as being responsible for Sokovia - there's no defence. He realises she's right. He made Ultron. He unleashed it on the world. Sure there were other factors, but if he were acting in accordance with an overseeing body or committee - Ultron never would have happened.

That's why Stark signed the accords.
>>
>>82808060
You mean that "really old movie" Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>82807349
>or they go in and save the day but collateral damage still occurs because that's the nature of the business.
I take it the idea would be they'd be made to do more of the talks like Natasha had to with T'Challa and T'Chaka so their approach is re-evaluated. So they'd probably micro-manage their team composition and field operations.

Don't bring the Hulk. Bring these soldiers. Go here, don't go there, etc. It's pointless, but that's politics. It's not really about efficiency, just ask any army.
>>
>>82807762
I did and I can tell you they explained that his suit has the power to change the space between atoms such that the size of the person changes but their mass stays the same. It is how his punches are so good, got such a large mass behind such a tiny area which creates enormous pressure. It's funny because this is contradicted in that very movie by having a TANK on a keychain. Yeah that shit wouldn't be light.

Just like how in CW, Ant-man is able to ride on an arrow despite him being probably 80kg+. Or how he was able to crawl up the shield when Spidey was holding it and Spidey didn't realise the shield just got a lot heavier. And the entire premise of Giant-man would mean that he is still very light in comparison to his size. It would be like a pillow hitting you with that large surface area and a normal person could lift him up.
>>
>>82808060
>>82808133
I really liked the "You have the right to remain silent" gag, and thought the "You know that really old movie?" gag, and the follow up, fell flat.
>>
>>82808059
>Why would Tony just shrug that off
Did he?

>Which is out of character as well
So basically you are dismissing the entire arc about Tony?
>>
>>82808118
>Remember the scene at MIT? Someone calls him out as being responsible for Sokovia - there's no defence. He realises she's right. He made Ultron. He unleashed it on the world. Sure there were other factors, but if he were acting in accordance with an overseeing body or committee - Ultron never would have happened.
Except that he's been totally fine with that before, considering his pushing Bruce to help him. "We're mad scientists", which basically just shows that Tony's going to do Tony regardless of the moral or ethical consequences.

There's also no proof that Tony wouldn't of created either Ultron or Ultron's core programming; in fact, he probably would have done it sooner had he not of been stuck in that cave and become Iron Man at all.
>>
>>82808210
>"We're mad scientists", which basically just shows that Tony's going to do Tony regardless of the moral or ethical consequences.
And Civil War proved exactly the opposite.

>"We're mad scientists"
You keep sticking to a random quote he said in the middle of the incident, before all that many people died.

He always tries to control things, and in Civil War he realized it's the Avengers who need control.
>>
>>82808180
>Did he?
Yes.

>So basically you are dismissing the entire arc about Tony?
No, I'm saying how out of character it is that he didn't hold onto a hatred of someone who has caused him, quite literally, decades of emotional pain. The poor writing causes the movie to end with little to no consequences, which was originally a selling point to the entire flick; it was supposed to give us a dynamic that changes the Avengers completely. Maybe they fix it, but it sure wasn't expressed in this film.
>>
Minor gripes:
>Tony sharing an intimate part of his personal life a bunch random college students.
>Zemo's plan involves specifically only Tony, Steve and Bucky showing up in the right place at the right time, and he didn't do anything to prevent anyone else from being there, or to ensure that those three would be there. He just got incredibly lucky.
I can forgive those two, since they moved the movie plot along in the least hamfisted way possible, but they're still pretty silly.

Major gripe:
>Watch out for Tony Stark, he'll break your back!
What the shit, Clint? I know you don't know Rhodey all that well, but what about him made you hate him so much that you think it's okay to use his crippling injury as insult fodder?
>>
>>82808308
>Yes.
How do you know.

>I'm saying how out of character
It is out of character if Avengers, Iron Man 3 and AoU didn't happen.
>>
>>82808308
>little to no consequences

>Avengers are disbanded
>Iron Man's team broken too since it's only War Machine, Iron Man and Vision
>Team Cap on the run
>Vision and Wanda relationship setup
>Zemo is alive along with Ross, will probably result in Thunderbolts
>Black Panther is born
>MCU Spiderman is set up, along with his friendship with Tony
>Team Cap is hiding in Wakanda, will probably appear in Black Panther movie
>Accords in full effect, Russos said it's going to affect most of the phase 3 movies, including Infinity War 1
>>
tony did nothing wrong
>>
File: Thanos_Quest_Vol_1_1_Full_Cover.jpg (589 KB, 1985x1479) Image search: [Google]
Thanos_Quest_Vol_1_1_Full_Cover.jpg
589 KB, 1985x1479
>>82804083
>Zemo was boring.
Perhaps that was the point? He himself said it in the movie, that stronger men than him have tried to take down the Avengers from the outside and failed spectacularly. But what set him apart was that he was the type of person they would least expect - one of the civilians they were trying to protect.

>Heroes could have just talked to eachother.

They... they did. On more than one occasion. There was a moment where Steve was considering a concession but then Tony went over the line with keeping Wanda under house arrest. They were at an impasse.

>Didn't really feel like a war.

It was more of an ideological and verbal war. Not to mention the physical conflict wasn't at all the point compared to the arguably more important character conflicts. Several large and sustained action sequences wouldn't have served any positive purpose, as the airport fight showed. Either way, the civil war isn't over. Remember that the Captain America movies always set the precedent of their respective phases going forward. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more clashes between the Accord Avengers and Secret Avengers leading up to the Infinity War where it'll all pale in the face of Thanos' Quest

It's in full effect. The events of this movie will bleed over into the rest of the films going forward until Infinity War.
>>
>>82808275
I see what you're saying, he had some fundemental change of heart when that lady talked about how their actions got her son killed in Sokovia, but how exactly would that cause a character reversal that was four and a half movies in the making?
>>
I'm upset that bucky got frozen at the end.

I thought cap, bucky and falcon would've made a great triple threat team.
>>
>>82808308
Why do you keep saying that it's poor writing that Tony doesn't show visible signs of anger in response to a person who isn't even directly involved in the scene?

If the scene was, "By the way, Buck is doing fine!" then yes, Tony should have smashed the cell phone, or crumpled up the note, or whatever, but that's not what that scene is.
>>
>>82808402
The lady calling him out on that was just the final straw that made him realize that he has fucked it all up.

>but how exactly would that cause a character reversal that was four and a half movies in the making
I think I already explained that
>>82808118

Iron Man has always used his sarcasm as a barrier over everything, but he knows when he was fucking it all up, constantly.
You may point out at ''We're mad scientists'' a third time, but I also remember ''I tried creating a suit of armor around the world, but I created something horrible.''
He knows he fucked it up.
In fact, he practically retired at the end of AoU.
>>
>>82808308
>he didn't hold onto a hatred of someone who has caused him, quite literally, decades of emotional pain.
What are you saying? He literally disarmed Bucky and was bent on damn near killing Steve and Bucky until his suit was disabled. There is no sign he is over that, he simply isn't going to pursue Cap while Steve is correcting his mistake with the Avengers being imprisoned.
It would be counter-intuitive.
>>
>>82808357
>Avengers are disbanded
Not true, from the cell phone scene. Whenever there's a huge crisis, Tony can call Cap and they'll all get back together, which would for sure happen. They're not disbanded, they're just not hanging after every mission, which is the opposite of what this film was supposed to do.

>It is out of character if Avengers, Iron Man 3 and AoU didn't happen.
It isn't, because it's made to be such a huge plot point of Civil War. Whenever his parents are brought up, Tony is a wreck emotionally. It's the source of his frustration, and when he finally has the chance to confront of their killer he's written out as "just getting over it".
>>
>>82805060
>Cap: "Give me 24 hours. If I can't find Zemo than I'll surrender."

They didn't even know his name until they were face to face with him in Siberia.
>>
>there are people on /co/ RIGHT NOW that didn't agree with Ross when he said not knowing where Hulk and Thor was is super dangerous
>inb4 "he's a hypocrite"
doesn't make him wrong
>>
>>82808553
cont.

The only 'name' they referred to him by was "that fake doctor".
>>
>>82808499
They are unless something big enough to make the Accords don't matter happens.
They are still on the run, probably as Secret Avengers.
>>
>>82808488
>There is no sign he is over that
Him smiling after the note and looking at the phone shows a lot more of him getting over it than anything else.
>>82808486
Which all goes out the window once he learns that Bucky was responsible for his folks' death.
>>
>>82808499
>he's written out as "just getting over it".
How so?
Because he didn't start crying and shouting at a letter from a guy who had nothing to do with his parent's death offering him help whenever he needed it?
>>
>>82808730
>Which all goes out the window once he learns that Bucky was responsible for his folks' death.
What does that have anything to do with my post?
>>
>>82808419
They gotta occupy him for the next two years.
>>
>>82808642
Right, like Thanos showing up or Squirrel Girl going rogue.

It just bothers me that Tony shows a consideration for asking Cap for help after the Bucky incident.
>>
>>82808803
Why would he not?
This entire thing is done, in the end, to protect Earth.
They are all heroes, they are not going to let those kind of personal issues jeopardize the entire goddamn planet.
>>
>>82808778
Him "learning" from his PTSD and seemingly coming to grips with his inevitable lack of control means nothing when he finds out that Bucky killed his parents. It was the wrong decision to go from "possibly collected Tony" -> "MUH 'RENTS" -> "Aight I'm cool again, no big".

I was responding in conjuction with your previous posts, m8. Calm down.
>>
If it was actually a thing and we had caped mutants going around doing whatever the fuck they thought it was right I'd be all for the accords too. We can't have any form of lethal power running loose believing that they'll never do wrong or will never "change their agenda" as Steve said. He's just as corruptible as any other suit. People who believe otherwise are just as naive as Cap. Tony was acting out of guilt, but at least he realized they needed to be put under control, though if the nigress didn't guilty tripped him he would likely side with cap. He has more anarchists tendencies than any, it runs along with his ego.
Only Vision and Widow were being objective in the matter. Everyone else acted on their emotions.

I also do not have 100% faith on the UN, but I do believe an entire council is more trustworthy than 5 or 6 guys in a costume.
>>
>>82808419
They do, especially Sam's love-hate relationship with Bucky, but Bucky has to be sensible. Hydra's brainwashing makes him too volatile.

I expect Doctor Strange or T'Challa will figure something out though and make him their Captain America for the new Avengers. It would sort of reflect the whole pulling Steve out of the ice thing.
>>
>>82808863
>means nothing when he finds out that Bucky killed his parents
Because nothing can prepare anyone to see someone beating his parents to death.
If that person was right beside you, wouldn't you just try to beat the shit out of him, possibly kill him?
>>
>>82808828
Because Cap is actively protecting the guy that is responsible for the death of Tony's parents?
>>
>>82803411
It's okay when Disney does it.
>>
>>82808913
And you think Tony is going to put his personal issues over something that not him, nor Bucky had any control of?
>>
>>82808880
>An entire council

>China and Russia will pretty much stonewall any ruling
>>
>>82808917
It's okay when it's done okay.
>>
>>82808419
I don't remember Bucky being frozen at all?
>>
>>82808912
Of course, and I sure as shit wouldn't be cool with them even after a few months of thinking it over. I'd also say fuck the guy who tried to protect him, and would only think about coming to terms with him in the event of some super alien with an all-powerful glove coming in and totally FUBAR'ing the entire concept of reality.
>>
>>82808956
Yes, because he did that mid-fight. He doesn't care, because Bucky killed his mom. That trumps any sort of rationalization, and Tony hasn't shown to be big enough to consider that it truly wasn't Bucky's fault.
>>
>>82805214
People also seem to be thinking from the audience perspective and not Stark.
Tony most likely believed Steve was just making up bullshit at that point to get distance, people have to remember from Tony's perspective after all 3 are arrested Steve, Sam and Bucky just up and disappeared from a high security facility after Bucky beat the shit out of everyone trying to keep them there.

Steve gets up the elevator and tries to stop Bucky but at that point no one was around.

So how does it look when Tony next sees all 3 of them standing together without any explanation what happened. Steve's word is some one armed doctor that's a fugitive reference in case someone actually thinks I'm being serious in all this arguing brainwashed Bucky into it as part of some larger scheme but where's this convenient scapegoat when Tony arrives to arrest the WS for doing what the WS has been reported to do?

It might seem like forced plot, but I actually was not surprised in the least when Tony decided he was done trusting or listening to Steve when considered from the character's perspective at that point. He told Steve at first to sign the thing or don't get involved, Steve got involved, he told Steve again to sign the thing or at least now leave things to him, Steve did not leave things to him (as far as Tony sees it, doctor shenanigans don't factor here for him), so now he's all armored up and assembled with a team to do things the hard way why should he be fooled thrice from his view?

At what point has giving Steve the benefit of the doubt benefited anyone so far? For the record I'm not saying Steve was wrong or Tony right, I'm just clarifying for Tony he'd had enough bullshit for one week and wanted to put a swift end to it by getting everyone to a secure location and moving on.
>>
>>82808994
Did you stick around for the post-credits scene in Wakanda?
>>
>>82809025
That's exactly what happens.
That's precisely what the letter is.

>''Dude, if something like Ultron happens again, give us a call because the Accords are not going to mean anything if the Earth is toast.''

That's what the letter is.
Tony smiles because he knows at least the Earth is not completely doomed after all this.
>>
>>82809056
I'm going to rephrase it.
You think Tony is going to put his personal issues over something that not him, nor Bucky had any control of, when all of humanity is at risk?
You think Tony is going to let Earth be destroyed because of his parents?
>>
>>82809149
Got'cha. In that case, no, I don't. Not in the end, anyways. What I do think he would do, however, is drag his feet and be a stubborn goon about it until it's clear that he has to, at the very least, put his rage aside because of the Universe-busting threat heading their way.

Would that not make a decent plot point and at least create a better atmosphere for the end of Civil War?
>>
>>82809305
We'll see what happens in Spiderman Homecoming, he's in it after all.
>>
>>82808994
>not staying for the post credits scenes

Fucking pleb. It's only been 8 years for you to get this shit in your head. You don't leave the theatre of a marvel movie till the screen goes black and the lights come on.
>>
Tom Holland is actually 20 years old, what the fuck he looks like he's 14
>>
>>82809337
Fair enough, I agree.
>>
>>82809339
I've been raped 4 times already while the credits played.
I mean, I enjoyed all of them, but it's pretty annoying.
>>
>>82809415
Thanks a lot, Tony.
>>
>>82808902
After the post credit scene it says "the winter soldier will return in infinity war part 1"

Meaning I don't think he will be involved with the black panther movie or doctor strange until then unfortunately
>>
File: 1462864876845.jpg (143 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1462864876845.jpg
143 KB, 1366x768
>>82803411
Someone had the great idea of having only one barefoot Wanda scene.
The Russos are hacks.
>>
>>82809446
the post credit scene says spider man will return.
>>
Believe in Tony, /co/

Is anyone one else kinda happy that Pepper dumped Tony? I hate Gwyneth Paltrow so much and I'm just happy she wasn't in it
>>
>>82809540
There are two different scenes.

The one with bucky cap and t'challa end and says "the winter soldier will return in infinity war part 1"

The second one with Peter and may says "spiderman will return"

I literally just finished the movie
>>
>>82809554
That retarded bitch thinks water is alive.
Liz, Scarjo and Emily are perfect and younger.
>>
File: tumblr_ngk942V1lD1r4vmolo1_1280.png (983 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngk942V1lD1r4vmolo1_1280.png
983 KB, 1280x1707
>>82809446
>not "Captain America will return in Phase 4"
>>
>>82804263
This is what should happen.
>>
Agent 13 isn't good enough for the Cap

She's a terrible dumb blonde version of one of the most amazing woman of her time and one of the creators of shield.

What's her niece? I shitty pencil pushing office "spy" who I can hardly even call cute
>>
>>82803411
Cap spent most of his first movie killing nazi/hydra.
He shot people and kicked a guy off the helicarrier in avengers 1.
In stopping hydra he ended up getting the crews of the three gun platform helicarriers killed, then dropped them on the hydra base.

That is just cap in the movies. Avengers don't give a fuck about killing villains when it comes down to it.
>>
>>82804430
>Ant-Man swaps his place with Bucky.
Actually I think he slows down and runs to the side.

There's a quick shot of him running to the other side, it's not like an instant switch.
>>
>>82806409
That and I think he really feels like he owes Wanda, after what QS did for him.
>>
>>82803411
I didn't like how Spiderman and Antman were shoved in just to make the battle bigger. I liked Spidey and Giantman and all that but I didn't think they contributed much to the plot.

Also "I don't care if your friend was brainwashed and not really in control of his actions he killed muh mummy."
>>
What I wanna know is, what the fuck up was with T'Challa's ring?
>>
>>82809782
Memento from his father?
>>
>>82809681
Tumblr pls go, Stucky wasn't going to happen.
>>
>>82809681
>>82809881

The only thing good enough for Cap will be Thanos' fist in Avengers 3.5.
>>
>>82809877
Perhaps it is what holds the memories of all past black panthers?

Total speculation from someone who doesn't know much about BP
>>
File: 1432159706898.png (603 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1432159706898.png
603 KB, 500x700
>>82809921
>implying Cap and Wanda wouldn't be qt as fuck
>>
>>82809881
>tumblr
Nigga please I'm just a big fan of the Cap
>stucky
I have no idea what you are talking about
>>
>>82809881
I don't want Cap to fuck anyone but me.
>>
>>82809757
That's literally what their role was, backup for the fight. Tony and Natasha were worried they weren't strong enough for team cap yet so they brought in spidey and BP and Falcon and Cap were worried they weren't strong enough so they brought in ant man.

It made perfect sense each team was a little bit afraid of the other so they brought a secret weapon
>>
Ironman suit isn't completely seal? Antman could have just pee and short out both Iron suits.
>>
>>82803411
Cap's avengers are amoral murderous psychopaths. What do you expect?
>>
>>82809482
I get they were having a moment and he might feel Vision is violating the privacy of her room but it sort of bothered me how affronted Steve seemed too look in this scene.
I know he wasn't too keen on Vision in the first place, but by now he should know he's a robot he can't help his behavior.
>>
>>82805220
No, he had 36 originally, and like 12 by the time of the Airport fight.
>>
File: 1462129137646.jpg (40 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
1462129137646.jpg
40 KB, 534x401
>>82810193
Nigga they are best family.
>>
>>82809056
He DIDN'T care, in the head of the moment. Now that it's said and done, he can look at things more rationally. Does that mean he might not get into a heat of the moment situation again the next time he sees Bucky? Of course not. People can have different reactions at different times, depending on the situation. Tony didn't have his "Kill Bucky" flip switched to On, and that's how it is forever.
>>
>>82810056
I know but I dunno, I would have liked for them to have bigger roles since I love Spiderman and I fucking loved Antman. Also why would Tony and friends be afraid of Cap's team? They have Iron Man, Warmachine and Vision. The only person that I can conceive of being a major threat to Stark is Wanda. I'm just glad the fight turned out okay, it looked like it was going to be shit in the trailers
>>
>>82805193
>I mean, yeah it sucks that lady's kid died, or Zemo's family bit the dust, but what would have happened had the Avengers not been there?
Sokovia was entirely caused by 2-3 Avengers.
>>
>>82810232
What did he tell him?
>>
>>82810283
You mean Tony.
Nobody else did anything wrong.
>>
>>82810272
There was a scene between Tony and Natasha where they were both very worried and agreed they needed back up .

Obviously they felt like they were underpowered even with vision
>>
>>82809934
Don't remember anything like that in the comics, but it had a weird reaction to Bucky's arm when they were wrestling in the compound. We know that Bucky's arm isn't made of vibranium though or else Tony couldn't have UNIBEAM'd it off so easily.
>>
>>82810193
Well, you see. I don't know much about the avenger movies or even the comics, but a group called "THE AVENGERS" is not exactly there to fight clean. A subject "avenging" is a fucking dangerous thing.
>>
>>82810293
Steve didn't say anything, but for an instant he looked that taken aback by Vision's entry and presence.

Now of course Steve is probably still adjusting to a lot of weird shit while Wanda has been dealing with weird and Vision longer so her reaction seems less bothered, still somehow there's something tense about Steve's face along the lines of
>Seriously? You're just going to phase in here casually while we're talking?
To which my overactive imagination goes back to thinking
>Well, he's a robot born a few weeks ago he doesn't know any better. No one house trained him.
>>
>>82810351
Wanda is just as much to blame as Tony is, and unlike him she had purely spiteful motives.
>>
>>82810424
Honestly I've just started reading comics and had heard somewhere that whoever was the current black panther could access the memories of all the other black panthers of the past, or something like that
>>
>>82810245
I had no idea Renner was that small.
>>
>>82810472
He can sort of through his contract with the Panther God Bast which ties his souls to that of all the previous Black Panthers, but it's not via a physical manifestation or anything. He uses it against Mephisto in a really cool scene.
>>
>>82810463
Well, she wanted to destroy the Avengers for revenge.
Is understandable.
>>
File: colefu.jpg (35 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
colefu.jpg
35 KB, 500x347
>>82810424
Clearly they liquified Melia Antiqua to make Bucky's BIONIC AAAAARRRRM and gave it magic ghost powers or something.
>>
>>82810536
She was like Zemo and T'challa in that she allowed her grief to cloud her judgment.

When people want revenge they become so narrowly focused they lose sight of innocent people getting hurt.
>>
>>82810645
I think it's funny how she went from being practically a villain to a good person.
It's almost as if MCU Wanda was carefully written to spite on Bendis.
>>
>>82810473
He is roughly three times the height of RDJ.
>>
>>82810473
Fuck it's true.
Poor guy is a bit smaller than Olsen.
>>
>>82810473
According to Google the heights of them from left to right are:
Stan - 5'11"
Rudd - 5'10"
Olsen - 5'6"
Evans - 6'0"
Mackie - 5'10"
Renner - 5'10"
Vancamp - 5'8"
>>
>>82809734
Rewatched it just now, it's an instant switch. They all group up, camera cuts to a different angle, Bucky & ANTS have swapped.
>>
>>82810056
What on Earth could possess them to think that they couldn't match up to team Cap? In a fight with that much open space, two Iron Man suits could have handled most of Team Cap easily; with the only problems presumably being SW or Cap himself.
>>
>>82804993
>Tony & Ross / UN are determined to get Bucky but have Black Widow, a former Soviet spy that WASN'T under mind control when she killed people on their team
Black Widow wasn't suspected to bomb a UN five seconds ago.
>>
>>82810786
Wow what a bunch of manlets.
>>
>>82810675
It's a beautiful thing to behold.
>>
Nobody died. The only way a story can have weight is if they kill someone. Grrrrrr. Why can't Marvel be like Game fo Thrones?
>>
>>82810831
>>82804430
Another thing I just noticed is that when Iron Man and War Machine go for the double punch on GiAnt-Man, WM pulls his right arm back for the punch, and then hits him with his left arm after the camera cut. I probably shouldn't autistically sift through movies I like for errors.
>>
>>82810939
I'm just saying based on how I saw the characters interacted in the movie.

They acted scared and like they needed backup
>>
What a bunch of bullshit that we have so many threads about people too retarded to follow these movies designed for kids to understand.
>>
My one big complaint, they didn't have Hulk in the movie at all. I know they originally planned on having him in it, and it would've made perfect sense. He'd always been the most feared and misunderstood superhuman. The pro-registration side could use him as an example of why superhumans need to register, given all the destruction he caused in Manhattan and his rampage through South Africa. And the anti-registration side would be perfect for Hulk, who's more tired of being hounded and hunted by the government than him?
>>
>>82811566
I'd rather he not appear at all, but that they made more reference to him in dialogue as a motivation for the Accords. FFS Ross was his archenemy and you bring him back after all this time, it's the least you could've done.
>>
File: 1463006159830.jpg (311 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1463006159830.jpg
311 KB, 2000x3000
>>82810675
And she's also best waifu.
>>
File: 1462897139461.gif (2 MB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1462897139461.gif
2 MB, 245x280
>>82811651
But Cap is best waifu.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.