[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He was a good villain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: Ultron_EW_Poster.png (1 MB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
Ultron_EW_Poster.png
1 MB, 600x860
He was a good villain
>>
for you
>>
>>82791805

Which Transformers movie was he in? Wasn't he the comic relief villain?
>>
>>82791805
Remove some of the most unecessary quips, just add a few more details about how Tony programmed him, and you get a 10/10 character
>>
What was his motivation?
What was his end goal?
Why did he do what he did?
Remember: Use only lines from the movie as evidence.
>>
>>82791948
This. They should have replaced some of his snarkyness with more sinister qualities he'd be way better.
>>
>>82791948

Aka take the trailer and make that the way he is the whole movie. And put back that deleted scene.
>>
Okay villian, bad ultron.
>>
File: Peace in our time.jpg (31 KB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
Peace in our time.jpg
31 KB, 640x266
>>82791966
>What was his motivation?
He found out that humanity made it impossible to achieve peace.
>What was his end goal?
Rebuild the world.
>>
>>82792095
"I'm a peace keeping program"
"I don't understand...the mission..."
"Oh no...This feels wrong, it's too much"
"Human race will have every oportunity to improve"
>>
>>82791966
Haven't seen the movie in a while, but i'll try

>What was his motivation?
>What was his end goal?
>Why did he do what he did?
Dude, that's 3 times the same question

First he wanted to improve humanity, he was creating Vision so that he could become humanity's true saviour, basically fullilling Tony's hopes in his own twisted way.
>"I was designed to save the world. People would look to the sky and see hope..."

He genuinely thought his actions could improve on humanity, while the Avengers were just delaying the inevitable
>"I know you're good people. I know you mean well. But you just didn't think it through"
>"the human race will have every oppurtunity to improve!"

But then humanity, in the form of Wanda and Pietro, rejects and betrays him, so he decided it's the age of metal now, humans are doomed anyway. Where Vision would later see "grace in their failings", Ultron saw nothing, or better, something to be fixed
>"When the earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it"
>>
>>82791805
>based on Tony Stark mental pattern
>surprised that he is a quipper

People just hate him because "not muh Ultron" and because le gamergate hate vs Whedon
>>
>>82792248
>>based on Tony Stark mental pattern
This was never said in the movie
>>
File: 1419398047528.png (227 KB, 337x448) Image search: [Google]
1419398047528.png
227 KB, 337x448
>>82792248

But did it make him a good villain?
>>
>>82792295
director interviews.
>>
>>82792733
Wow what showing of the movie did you see that had director interviews as part of the film?
>>
>>82792295
>>82792733
And the movie still points out a father-son relationship
Plus all of Tony's AIs are more or less quippy and generally humane in their dialogues, no reason to think Ultron would be different
Buy yeah, they should've explored it more
>>
>>82792295
>Where do you think he gets it from?

>That's something Stark used to say

>He beat me by two seconds
>>
>>82791805
One of the better villains we'll likely see in the whole MCU.
I'm incredibly sick of 'suit man probably working for Hydra' over and over again.

He had most of the best dialogue in the entire MCU so far. powerful stuff.

"You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change."

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet."
>>
>>82792850
Those are just lines that point out the similarity between the two, not lines that explain why there is a similarity in the first place.
>>
he was alright

his comic book counterpart is better though
>>
>>82792928
Goes without saying in but a very small number of cases for most characters.

Notable exceptions probably Ant-Man, Iron-Man, and Black Widow.
>>
>>82792912
>>82792850
Aou
>"Clearly you never made an Omelet"
Civil War
>"Go break some eggs"
POTTERY
>>
>>82792028
>And put back that deleted scene.

Which one?
>>
>>82793153
picrelated
>>
>>82793205
Something more specific, mate? "There are no strings on me" was still in the movie, for all we know the trailer's version was just one of those scenes only intended for the trailer itself, like Civil War's "you just started a war"
>>
>>82791805
He just wasn't a threatening villain. In all of their encounters the Avengers brought the fight to him, not the other way round. He didn't feel like a serious threat with him fleeing every time, shaking his fist at those pesky do-gooders.
>>
>>82791943
Shitting on his design is different than calling him a bad villain
>>
>>82793361
they needed to add more gravity to a character with the ability to CONTROL THE WORLDS INFORMATION/INTERNET/WEAPONS SYSTEMS.
>>
>>82791805
I want to fuck him
>>
They should have used sexy Ultron from the concept art.
>>
>>82793361
The threat was just more on his schemes than lasers. I was only a bit disappointed in the last fight, honestly, that vibranium body didn't seem like much of a biggie
>>
>>82793533
The Vibranium was for Vision, no?
His last body was still regular metal
>>
>>82793606
I think it was showed that he made it with the vibranium left? After all the normal bodies could be destroyed by Iron Man alone, the last one instead required Iron Man, Thor and Vision combined to break it, and he was technically still alive after that too
>>
>>82793708
Think they were going for the comic concept that Ultron can't be beaten by the same character twice, he's adapted and got stronger.

The Vibranium was just Vision though, yes. We see his army of Ultron bodies and drones being built beneath the castle ruins from all the old chitauri bits.
>>
>>82793745
Wrong, watch it again

His final upgrade (the one wrecked by the tri-beam and tortured by Wanda) was vibranium

He explicitly states this to Widow when he's captured her
>>
>>82791805
In general, yes.
In the movie, heeeeeeeeell no.
>>
>>82793447
I can do both.
His design was shit, his presence was shit, his plan was shit, his "army" was shit, his origin was shit and his quips were awful. He was a poorly designed AND terrible villain.
>>
1. Get rid of the quips
2. Put in the scene where Tony mapped his rain patterns in him
3. Have the actual comic face in the final battle
4. Have Ultron actually push the team's shit in, instead of the same army fodder we saw in the last movie
>>
>>82793992
>4. Have Ultron actually push the team's shit in, instead of the same army fodder we saw in the last movie
The Ultron clones were fine, but it would have been better if it was clear that they are all Ultron.
Like he keeps shifting around using one as a primary host.
Not just waves of stupid robots, but each of them is Ultron.
>>
>>82794060
Who cares if they're all Ultron or not? They serve the same purpose the chitari served. Ultron should be able to fuck the avengers up bad. EMH is a perfect example of what they should've done in that respect
>>
>>82794060
They did that tho, and the drones would turn red to signal that
>>
I feel Ultron gets a lot of unnecessary flack. I actually like this version, not my favorite mind you, but he works for this universe. Hes still the confused, paradoxical, tantrum child. We just needed to see more serious moments with him.
>>
>>82793896
I think it was just the outer layer which was vibranium.The inside was normal metal which is how ge got defeated. He just melted from the inside.
>>
>>82793896
>>82794898
You have to remember Ultron obtained a relatively small amount of vibranium, most of which was used for the core. I would argue his final form was a vibranium alloy, deluded with another metal to coat his body. It would explain why it degraded so easily. Then again he was getting assaulted by an infinity stone
>>
He's my favorite villain in the MCU. He'd probably be my favorite comic book movie villain if not for Zod
>>
Ultrons masterplan was to be the next step in human evolution.
The vision body should've been the ultimate culmination of technology and biology.
So he builds his new body, tries to eliminate as much humans as possible and then be the ruler of what survives. After that I have no idea what his plans was.
Maybe put anyone in the world into a vision body ore build more of those body who all share ultrons hivemind, which in his opinion was the most peacefull way to live as individuality only feeds war.
>>
>>82791805
Movie was far from a masterpiece, but I was entertained.
>>
>>82791805
I agree. He was charismatic, and had a unique personality and motivations.
>>
>>82791966
He wanted to create a big enough disaster that humanity would be forced to get stronger. But after he lost all his friends and his ultimate body, he decided to just kill everyone out of spite.
>>
>>82792007
The snarkiness was good. His while deal is that he's basically Tony but refuses to acknowledge the similarities.
>>
>>82792248
This.
>>
>>82792912
The first thing he was ever exposed to was all available information on Tony Stark.
>>
>>82793361
That's every MCU villain. Ultron was way more threatening than Loki, who people generally claim is the MCU's best villain.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.