[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Waterbending Master won't teach me because I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: a close shave.png (218 KB, 848x407) Image search: [Google]
a close shave.png
218 KB, 848x407
>Waterbending Master won't teach me because I'm a girl? Better try and murder him for his beliefs then.
>>
But she wasn't trying to murder him.
>>
>>82765927
She deliberately threw ice blades right at his face, which he barely managed to dodge.
>>
>>82765974
And since he's a master he would have no problem stopping those blades, she's forcing him to see her waterbending ability
>>
>>82765890
Attempted murder on a world leader actually, Katara should have been arrested and deported for such disrespectful behavior, its the equivalent of a feminist trying to shoot the king of Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>82765890

Katara was easily the worst part of the show. The fact that she didn't get completely trashed by Paku was retarded; she would realistically be nowhere near his level.

Also, one episode later and she's a master? Give me a break, that was retarded.

Toph trained and Earth-bended for ever, and one year month of training puts Katara up to her level, above Aang's level? Worst character in the whole show.
>>
Nigger it's a war, the time to niceties has passed.
>>
>>82767093
>she would realistically be nowhere near his level.
Bending is like genetics anon you can be born with absurd skill or work for it, in Katara's case her genetics were good enough to make her a child waterbending prodigy.
>>
>>82765974
I'm not convinced they would have killed him, the fight seemed mutually non-lethal.
>>
>>82766524
He wasn't a world leader. He was just a famous waterbending teacher.
>>
>>82767093
She did get completely trashed by Pakku. The oldman didn't even break a sweat and Katara was completely immobilized.
>>
>>82765974
Then I guess Katara was just a better water bender then.
>>
They were in a fucking duel. Close calls situations happen even in the most controlled combat environments. Hell Paku ends the fight trapping her with ice spears that he's very fucking lucky didn't skewer her straight through. That doesn't mean either was trying to kill the other.

Just based on what we've seen of waterbending in the show, that shit probably wasn't close to lethal anyway.
>>
>>82767502
Yeah, she didn't beat him, she just showed she actually had the talent and potential to deserve his training.

Which was pretty much the only way she'd manage to do so, given he was so set in his ways.

What's the problem here?
>>
>>82769632
> What's the problem here?
Bait thread. That's all. She did nothing wrong.
>>
>>82766582
What awful bait.
>>
>>82765890
>>82765974
>>82766524
>>82766582

It was just a variant of the trope where the Young Turk calls out The Master in order to show that he's worthy of his training.
>>
>>82767126
This, we don't have time to deal with societal customs right now, there is a great war going on and training someone that has been the travelling companion of the Avatar, a person that personally knows his strengths and weaknesses is a great idea.

Plus, that saves the Northern Water Tribe a member from leaving the tribe to go on the journey and he can stay home to defend the city. It's literally a win-win, Aang gets someone who knows how to train him and the NWT can keep a member from going away.

If someone wants to make a big tiff out of this, then save it for a time where the whole world isn't at stake.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.