[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scalped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 250x375
Just started this series and it's amazing. Have you read this /co/? What are your thoughts on it?
>reading while listening to The Sex Pistols
delicious
>>
>>82759863
It's on my backlog, I'll get to it one day.
>>
>>82760043
>one day
Sooner than later, don't want to fall behind. I'm actually buying them instead of downloads because this series is just that good. I would story time sometime but my scanner's broken.
>>
I bought the first two trades like 3 years ago to try it out and haven't bothered enough to continue reading it
>>
Shunka is best boy.
>>
>>82760333
why not?
>>
>>82759863
Best thing Aaron ever wrote. It didn't end as i expected it to end, but overall it was one of the best comics i've ever read.
>>
>>82760917
It's highly under rated though. I hardly ever see discussion on it, is it because it's about Indians?
>>
It's really fucking good, not at all what I expected going in (or even after the first issue) but Aaron and Guera brought it hard.

>>82760917
>Best thing Aaron ever wrote
I don't know about that, Southern Bastards may top it by the time it's over.
>>
>>82761055
Maybe. I felt that was one of the strong points though, seeing Bad Horse struggle with his duty and feeling that despite everything he is still a part of that community. Plus the character arcs were very well written, and i ended caring a lot about their fates. It was refreshing to read about a setting i'm not used to.

>>82761159
I'm waiting for it to end so i can read it all. What is it about?
>>
>>82760849
Didn't find it interesting, read like a mediocre crime show. I like RM Guera a lot through
>>
>>82761419
It gets a lot better after Diesel and Gina Bad Horse die and Dashiel falls down under drug influence. In the end it is a story about redemption and respecting your origins.
>>
>tfw not more indian centered media
>>
>>82761788
Yeah, not many popular /co; related indian characters. Even in capes i can only think of Moonstar and Warpath, and i don't even know if they are currently alive.
>>
>>82761374
Crime and Football in a small southern town. It's very similar storytelling-wise to Scalped (starts with a lead character coming back to town after a long time away, several flashback issues fleshing out previously unsympathetic villains) but is different enough not to feel like Aaron is just retreading the same ground.
>>
This is the only Aaron I haven't read and I've been dying for /co/ to storytime it so I can. that and Waid's Flash run
>>
>>82761788
Jack Jackson did a few scattered around a bunch of underground mags about the history of indians in america but they are very graphic.
>>
Story time when?
>>
File: image.png (229 KB, 616x947) Image search: [Google]
image.png
229 KB, 616x947
>be born 1/8 native
>dark features but light skin
>tfw white AND Indian racists like this look
>live best of both worlds
What's your excuse for not being born mast race?
>>
>>82763159
>being too dumb to pirate
>>
>>82763881
>not paying for hard copies
Am I the only person who likes to physically read comics any more?
>>
>>82764201
That guy was never going to buy anything. He's waiting for a fucking storytime to read a comic.
>>
>>82763833
>1/8 native
C'mon Diesel, we know you're only 1/16 native.
>>
I binged through it in a weekend, it's pretty great

>>82760393
also this
>>
>>82764247
N-no! I-I can prove it I swear!
>>
>>82764267
Where'd you read it?
>>
>>82759863
It's good but incredibly depressing. Even darker than what Vertigo usually puts out.
Good comic to read when your life is going great, not so much when you're having trouble with things because it will remind you of them.
>>
>>82765213
Is this what Indian Reservations are really like?
>>
>>82761788
why don't you just talk to them yourself? >>>/int/59370785
>>
>>82763881
>not wanting to read with your /co/mrades
I've met retards that make more sense than you
>>
File: 1399671710470.jpg (27 KB, 300x260) Image search: [Google]
1399671710470.jpg
27 KB, 300x260
>>82759863
>listening to The Sex Pistols

Scalped was really good, though. I liked how well it captured just how unbelievably shitty life on a rez is. It's not just the fucking criminal main characters that have huge problems, it's everyone. Like Dino's family is this fucking absurd freak show of people with down syndrome and suffering from sedentary diseases because that's what rezs are actually like.
>>
>>82764328
>implying Diesel proved shit after a certain point and didn't just beat the living fuck out of anyone who questioned his proud Kickapoo ancestry
>>
>>82761788
I want prey comic
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.