[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"AQUAMAN" GETTING PAGE ONE REWRITE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: images (1).jpg (33 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
33 KB, 332x443
Oh, boy...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-justice-leagues-dafoe-play-atlantean-aquaman-being-rewritten
>>
Didn't they originally have two scripts being written, with Warner Bros picking the best one? Both scripts must have sucked, then.
>>
What does page one rewrite mean? Complete rewrite? Wonder if that has anything to do with the issues Wan was apparently having
>>
>>82723237
Literally starting fresh from page one. Everything scrapped and begun anew.
>>
>>82723213
They order two scripts and smash them together.
>>
File: burn.jpg (59 KB, 612x692) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
59 KB, 612x692
>>82723191

>rumor
>>
>>82723191
Wow WB is really fumbling around with their movies. Do they actually want to make Superhero films or are they just striking the financial iron while it's hot, thanks to the other companies successes?
>>
The only thing they need to do is throw the script in the trash. Of all of the movies they're setting up, Aquaman is the biggest potential bust. Think about it.

It's an underwater movie so it's gonna be expensive as fuck. Whether it's CGI or practical effects water aint cheap. Then you have the point where unlike characters like Cyborg and Flash, Aquaman is still a joke and profit toxic. I saw reports that as soon as the Aquaman LEGO Dimensions pack was released, it immediately went to clearance. Stores fucking knew they couldn't give that shit away and down priced it from the start.

And what licensing deals are they gonna get for Aquaman? Cyborg could get some tech related ones and Flash could get some fast food tie in or some sports related thing but what company want's to stick Aquamans face on their packages? This movie is just a bad idea.
>>
>>82723295
>hollywood execs
>being capable of 'wanting' anything other than the safe profits they can find in a floundering industry
>>
>>82723191
>Devin Faraci
>>
>>82723322
I don't get it, why is Aquaman considered such a joke character compared to other superheroes? He doesn't seem to be any lamer than others.

I'm more of a Marvelfag so I'm not really familiar with the DC universe and its characters. I don't really understand why he'd be a riskier character than say, Ant-Man, the Guardians or Captain America.
>>
>>82723322
Exactly.

If WB had been smart they would've kicked Zacky-boy off after MoS, made films for Superman, Batman, WW, Flash and GL (along with SS, I guess), then released JL and have a few awesome Aquaman and Cyborg scenes to get people hyped for their movies.

Instead people are going to associate Aquaman with BvS, MoS and (the probably terrible) JL. Aquaman simply cannot carry a movie under those circumstances.
>>
>>82723286

People are going to be in denial until this turd drops, aren't they?
>>
>>82723370
Superfriends cartoon.
>>
>>82723370
Superfriends, Robot Chicken and Family Guy. He is the joke character that is powerless out of water and can only talk to fish.

None of this is actually true but if you tell them to read a comic book or watch that episode of BatB, they'll ignore you (as a best case scenario). I love Aquaman and I actually quite like the Mamoa angle but its associated with BvS which people hate.
>>
>>82723370
He has a dorky name that doesn't sound cool, he has a dorky costume that doesn't look cool, and he's portrayed as largely useless in non-comic media.
>>
>>82723376
Yes.
>>
File: 652.jpg (8 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
652.jpg
8 KB, 290x174
inb4
>how Warner killed the Superhero Movie Genre
all over youtube after aquaman and JL drops
>>
Disney should be total cunts and put Namor in their movie that releases right before Aquaman does.
>>
>>82723448
Isn't Namor at Universal or something?
>>
>>82723469
Yep. They could probably make Namor bang She-Hulk movie or something.
>>
>>82723469
I think they have the distribution rights, or at least a cut of the profits, but marvel owns the rights to use the character, same with the hulk.
>>
>>82723504
So no namor in movies
>>
>>82723213
this is a process for every single movie made. They hire multiple writers to present their script, then they get another group of people to review/edit/ it and modify it more.
>>
>>82723191

Okay, and? The movie isn't even going to start shooting until well into next year due to Justice League. They most likely want to rewrite it so that it'll be less expensive. Or Wan's got some new ideas that require a major rew-write. People are acting like headless chickens any time DC related movie news is reported as a rumor now.
>>
>>82723191
>source = birth movie death
>Devin Faraci

Oh nothing to see here. Fucking retard is spazzing a lot these days just throwing any rumor out there so he gets for more publicity.
>>
>>82723376
SUICIDE SQUAD HAS NO JOKES
>>
File: 1.gif (1 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
1 MB, 300x168
>>82723433
>Can't match Marvel
>can barely keep up with Fox
>NEW PLAN
>CRASH THIS INDUSTRY
>WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
>>82723191
Probably to add more "FUN"®!!!

>>82724846
I would welcome this, honestly.
>>
>/co/ believe in baseless rumors
>...again
Teenage girls are less prone to gossiping.
>>
File: despair (2).png (2 MB, 1345x1879) Image search: [Google]
despair (2).png
2 MB, 1345x1879
>>82723191
I find all this "change the movie even before of release to fit the tastes of the audience" disturbing.

I mean, is like that brillant minds that say X or Y videogame franchise has to change because "people doesn't like that any more" and "it has to go to the new times", then they sell shit compared with what they sold before changing it.
>>
>>82723295
They want to make Nolan style cape movies only bleaker, slightly less realistic and more serious.
>>
File: ar_mayors1_0906.jpg (89 KB, 540x486) Image search: [Google]
ar_mayors1_0906.jpg
89 KB, 540x486
>>82723191
>>82723191
>>82723191
>>82723191
>>82723191

>Birth.Movies.Death.

>Devin Faraci

>unnamed sources
>>
File: 1430405736894.jpg (1 MB, 1072x2952) Image search: [Google]
1430405736894.jpg
1 MB, 1072x2952
>>82723213
Read
>>
>>82723376
Terrio is going to make BvS the GOAT, anon. Haven't you heard?
>>
>why is Aquaman considered such a joke character compared to other superheroes?

Because he's considered a joke character.

So if what >>82723322 said is true when you release a toy of the character, the stores immediately trash it, which means that everybody sees the character as a joke even more.

Basically normies are fucking stupid.
>>
>>82723370
C-lister character nobody knew until the Superfriends cartoon happened
He became famous but at the cost of being the joke character
>>
>caring
>>
File: Aquaman (3).jpg (90 KB, 404x702) Image search: [Google]
Aquaman (3).jpg
90 KB, 404x702
>>
No one besides internet kiddies cares at all. I and everyone else just want quality proper Batman films. Not gonna see Aquashit. Not gonna see Flashit. Not gonna see Wonder Jew. Not gonna Super Fag. And fucking hell I'm definitely not going to see Cybore.

Green Lantern Corps may be great. Don't really care either way.
>>
>>82723191
>a movie getting a script rewrite

Woah man that stuff never happens!
>>
File: suicide_squad_72086.jpg (68 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
suicide_squad_72086.jpg
68 KB, 600x300
>>82723370
>I don't really understand why he'd be a riskier character than say, Ant-Man, the Guardians or Captain America.
None of those characters ever had the level of recognition that Aquaman has had. It's just that all of Aquaman's recognition has been negative.

>>82723406
>he has a dorky costume that doesn't look cool
Relative. You could argue that pretty much every superhero's costume is dorky in some incarnation.
>>
>>82723191
>hack director of Flash gets fired
>PANIC

>hack writers of Aquaman get fired
>PANIC

Why are the good news for the DCEU always turned into something bad?
>>
>>82726700
Mostly company war fags. People like Devin Faraci who lives off rumors via 'insider sources' and Youtube channels like IGN, Machinima and any other tryhard fag channel that report these and get 100k views.
>>
>>82723191
>Dafoe
>Atlantean
so Ocean Master?
>>
>>82723191
want there going to be some Cthulhu like stuff involved
>>
It's like the character is eternally cursed or something.
>>
This is what pisses me off about this entire universe, WB is being reactive rather than innovative. In theory you should get a good director with vision nad having a basic understanding and interest in the source material. This shit right here screams "this is popular now, we need to tweak it". Corporate, by the numbers, at its finest
>>
>>82727989
>WB is being reactive rather than innovative.
probably because everyone shits all over everything they try.
>>
>>82726700
>E-everything is f-f-fine...
>>
>>82727585
He's playing a good guy.
>>
>>82728092
They've tried giving Zack Snyder keys to their cinematic universe. Zack Snyder!
>>
>>82728264
i like MoS and BvS tho
>>
File: roger fucking knew.jpg (52 KB, 759x521) Image search: [Google]
roger fucking knew.jpg
52 KB, 759x521
>>82728301
>WB is being reactive
>Because people bully their decisions
>But they gave the franchise to Snyder
>But I like him

You can't have this both ways anon
>>
>>82728301
That's like your opinion dude that is not going to be heard over overwhelming criticism and Zack Snyder's "Muh Oscar winning screenwriter! Your just Mahvel drones, a babies! RAPE! RAPE! RAPE!"
>>
>>82723191
The problem with DC is that most of it's heroes aside from Batman are really lame and they have been made living jokes for decades.
Hell, if it wasn't for Nolan, Batman would still be a joke.
>>
>>82728443
>Hell, if it wasn't for Burton, Batman would still be a joke.
fixed
>>
>>82728488
Those were good, but Batman Forever and Batman and Robin trashed Batman's mainstream reputation for almost a decade, or even more considering the really succesful one was The Dark Knight and not Batman Begins.
>>
>>82728443
You don't actually truly believe this, do you?

They have THOUSANDS of characters, and you think most of them are lame?

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>82728531
Warner Bros. are thinking the same.
>>
>>82728512
Burton's movies showed you could do a Batman that wasn't campy Adam West. Yeah, Forever and B&R ruined that run of movies, but it didn't ruin Batman. Batman stayed popular.
>>
Whats infuriating is that WB is sitting on a goldmine and they've fumbled on nearly every turn. Aquaman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, each has the potential for good film making. If they didn't have such apathy for the material and hired competent people they'd be sitting pretty. But apparently we cant have nice things
>>
>>82724846
On one hand I wouldn't get all the shit I want in movies. On the other hand, all the normies will leave the comics be. Difficult decision
>>
>>82728602
>Whats infuriating is that WB is sitting on a goldmine and they've fumbled on nearly every turn.
Yep. Their movies suck. Their comics suck. Even the animated stuff sucks now.

WB and DC management needs to be completely replaced
>>
>>82728602
The problem is that they have.
I believe if they put the guys in charge of the DCAU in charge of the DCEU they could make some really good movies and that people would like them.
>>
>>82728531
Not him, but that's WB's mindset.
That's why they are making everything so dark, or why Snyder thinks doing everything so dark is good, because he thinks superheroes are ridiculous.
>>
>>82728531
It's mind blowing what Disney has done to these fucking retards.
>>
File: 1419099999909.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1419099999909.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
No one's going to see an Aquaman movie. He's a complete joke, even the Ant-Man movie stood better chances.

If they want to make a successful Aquaman movie, introduce him in the Justice League movie. Show normies that he can be cool, then try afterwards. A pre-JL Aquaman movie would be sent out to die.
>>
>>82728765
He is in the Justice League movie.
>>
>>82728696
They need people with mentality like the DCAU people but being a good cartoonist isn't the same as being good at live action, you can't just put them on the movies and think it would work.
>>
>>82728747
It's what WB has failed to do, man, and deep down you know that.
>>
>>82728765
You'd be surprised what one trailer could do
>>
>>82728784
Sure, I mean have the guys in the DCAU be like Kevin Feige in the MCU, guide the others, but let other directors and such make their own things.
>>
>>82728765

how new are you?
>>
>>82728765
This is the kind of thing people said about Ant-Man and GotG before they came out though.
>>
>>82723191

>Mysteries of the deep
>Things are occuring, unknown beyond your ability to sense or know about them
>Go in search of the phenomonen
>It turns out something ancient is rising
>Build up to prevent this from happening
>Some ancient maguffin(atlantean)
>Its a race against time
>just in time to see all your efforts fail
>It rises
>>
>>82728765
shit bait
>>
>>82728696
>if they put the guys in charge of the DCAU in charge of the DCEU
the DCAU sucks bad. do you fuckers actually watch these animated movies or just repeat old shit you hear online?

most of them have been crap and there's only be a couple decent ones since DCAU decided to go New 52 with Flashpoint Paradox.
>>
>>82728941
Thats not the DCAU you fucktard. Theyre referring to the people behind JLU and the related shows
>>
>>82728941
The DCAU is BTAS, STAS, Beyond, JL, JLU, Static, and Zeta. And maybe that shitty Gotham Girls web series I think? I think the only movies that count would be Phantasm, Return of the Joker, and Mystery of the Batwoman. Brainaic Attacks is not canon despite the art style.
>>
>>82728993
>>82729006
>implying Timm hasn't produced those and most DC animated movies
and they allll suck. DC hasn't produced anything good in forever. when's the last time they pulled off a good animated series? ten years ago?

you people are living in the past. there is no good DC in any format any more.

you better hope Rebirth isn't Stillbirth because DC is coasting on fumes.
>>
>>82723191
Damage Control Extended Universe.
>>
>>82729111
The movies do suck but Timm hasn't been in charge of the recent ones, it's mostly Tucker (who did do some DCAU work but clearly the movies aren't in his wheelhouse given that his actual brainchild in BATB was so good). And no one is saying he should do it alone, we all know Dini was the real mastermind not Timm. And they also did not do a well with anyone above street level after STAS anyway so it would require additional input from someone who can handle higher power levels.

I kind of blame Johns for not being more assertive though. This sort of thing is part of his job anyway and I don't see anything of him in the movies. Maybe it's just a corporate structure thing that he can't break though but I see nothing of his influence in the final products.
>>
>>82729277
>I see nothing of his influence in the final products.
apparently he was shocked at the bad reviews for BvS. we'll probably see Johns version of Darkseid, which makes me sad.

WB executives probably outrank DC executives
>>
>>82726700
Flash's director wasn't fired, he walked

Scripts are basically contract work; you write a script, submit it, and if the studio accepts it, you get paid. But it typically ends there. In some cases, people do have contracts with studios to write exclusively for them,however, i.e. Goyer for WB.

Tl;dr stop
>>
>>82726055
Where is that collage with the Oscars involved in BvS?
>>
>>82729488
He was tapped to write, then let good of.
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>82723376
>are going to be in denial until this turd drops

And for years afterwards, anon.
>>
>>82728443
>The problem with DC is that most of it's heroes aside from Batman are really lame and they have been made living jokes for decades.
Oh fuck off with this ignorant bullshit.

The sad thing is, with the way WB has no faith in any of their properties that isn't Batman and to a lesser extent, Superman, they only fuel these kinds of beliefs.

Literally ALL they need is the confidence that Marvel has and some people who know what they're doing in charge. All they need. But they can't even do that.

>>82728531
The DCU is just as magical and cool as the MU and some of us even prefer it. But WB doesn't seem to think so.
>>
File: 1462958378974.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462958378974.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>82729716
What I wouldnt give to be a fly on the WB corporate office or read emails about all the drama
>>
>>82723405
>Superfriends, Robot Chicken and Family Guy. He is the joke character that is powerless out of water and can only talk to fish.
>None of this is actually true but if you tell them to read a comic book or watch that episode of BatB, they'll ignore you (as a best case scenario). I love Aquaman and I actually quite like the Mamoa angle but its associated with BvS which people hate.
My nigga.
>>
>>82729277
>we all know Dini was the real mastermind not Timm.
Come on, anon. I like Dini as much as the next guy, but this just simply isn't very true. Reminder that Dini's actual comic book work is decent at best. He's not really *that* good.
>>
File: Clark Reeves.jpg (29 KB, 409x376) Image search: [Google]
Clark Reeves.jpg
29 KB, 409x376
>>82729747
When this whole effort started with "We'll make a gritty realistic take on Superman's mythology", I knew the entire DCCU had been poisoned by the success of The Dark Knight.

We could have had a bright mythology with charming characters that exude the best aspects of their comic versions. Instead we have the most extreme Elseworlds-inspired versions, while autistic fanboys have been conditioned to sneer at "quips" and hate "fun".

The Elseworlds were always weird treats for the most dedicated and immersed fans. They are a stupid choice for the flagship interpretations of the DC universe. 70 years of good feelings pissed down a hole.
>>
>>82723191
>Snyder Aquaman
>Literally walks on water
>By the climax of the movie, he finally dives
>Water turns into wine
>Dies of alcohol poison
>>
>>82729877
Boo fuckin hoo dude, read a comic.
>>
File: Superdickery.jpg (6 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
Superdickery.jpg
6 KB, 205x246
>>82729911
>All the sea life dies of alcohol poisoning
>Aquaman destroys fishing trawlers in a drunken rage

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>82729877
to be fair, when most people demand optimistic and "fun" Superman, they're talking about the Chris Reeve movies or STAS, not comics. the comics have just as much of the MoS and BvS Superman as they do they other versions of him.
>>
File: Tighten.jpg (16 KB, 210x236) Image search: [Google]
Tighten.jpg
16 KB, 210x236
>>82729958
Oh, I forgot "You just don't read comics", thanks Aspie.
My problem is that I've spent the last 36 years reading better comics than you have.

That's why I don't think Face-off Joker, Necksnapper Wonder Woman and Man of Ruthlessness are good fucking comics.
>>
>>82726055
It was the goat, in a biblical sense.
>>
>>82728401
Shaken, not stirred.
>>
>>82730017
>not muh heroes
get over it
>>
File: SaddamDevil.jpg (14 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
SaddamDevil.jpg
14 KB, 300x210
>>82729990
>the comics have just as much of the MoS and BvS Superman as they do they other versions of him.

What is cherrypicking?
Stuff like Miller's TDKR is an out of continuity limited seriers, against miles of regular comics.
Setting that aside, people clearly do not adhere to the heroes being interpreted in this Dark Universe fashion.

They've misconstrued Heat Legend's singular appeal into the idea that their entire universe needs to be seen through this dark prism of costume-less angst and dread. Which is how you get to the Suicide Squad all dressing like Bane.
>>
>>82730112
>Says the guy making tear-stained defenses of Snyder erry day.
>>
>>82730198
> tear-stained defenses of Snyder erry day.
fuck you i'm not crying. i have allergies and its dusty in here
>>
>>82729958
Name a comic he should read then.
Because he could read Birthright, or Secret Origins, or All Star,
>>
>>82723405
>He is the joke character that is powerless out of water and can only talk to fish.
How strong/durable would you have to be to casually walk around at the bottom of the ocean?
>Spidey
>Thing
>Hulk
I'm 99% sure AM would CRUSH Cap in a fight with or w/o his shield.
>>
>>82730273
As I've been reading DC comics since I uncovered boxes of them in my grandmother's basement in 1974, I laugh at the idea that some 20 yr old comic pirate is telling me to "reed moor".
>>
>>82730328
Bro, I don't give a shit about your street cred.
I really, really don't. So kindly fuck off.
I just find it funny that Snyderfags always go "LOL READ A COMIC" and then never actually name which comics people should be reading.
>>
File: DCCU.jpg (257 KB, 978x468) Image search: [Google]
DCCU.jpg
257 KB, 978x468
>>82730320
>I'm 99% sure _______ would CRUSH Cap

Yes, the DC heroes are made out of fairy dust and impossibility. Which is why trying to do "realistic" Supr SRS BZNSS takes on them in movies is just a stupid waste of time.
>>
>>82729877
So? If you want that Superman, just go read the ones that match to what you want.
>>
>>82730328
>been reading DC comics since 1974
that doesn't make you an authority on any thing.
>>
>>82730367
Go salve your fanny, newfag.
>>
>"Justice League Part One" arrives in theaters on November 17, 2017;
>"Aquaman" is currently slated for a July 27, 2018 release.

I didn't know this. Is that shitty 10 second teaser in BvS actually the only set-up we're getting for Arthur before JL?

I figured the solo movies were coming before the team-up. Yeah that's how the MCU did it but it's also basic common sense
>>
>>82725670
underrated post
>>
>>82730409
Nice try Joey.
>>
>>82730438
Yeah, when I was watching Man of Steel I cringed so hard when they introduced General Swanwick. Why didn't they give him a move to set him up first. .
>>
>>82730438
In comics a lot of times characters are introduced in team stories before they get their solos. There's no single way to do it.
>>
>>82730438
>it's also basic common sense
there's no reason to think spinning off characters from a team to solo movies wouldn't work too. it's not like DC characters aren't household names for the most part.

or do you just want all comic book movies and franchises to be as formulaic as possible?
>>
File: Superman is super upset.jpg (50 KB, 784x350) Image search: [Google]
Superman is super upset.jpg
50 KB, 784x350
>>82730423
>So? If you want that Superman, just go read the ones that match to what you want.

The broad and enduring appeal of Superman as a mythic character is built on those stories, not on 90's elseworld wankstering.
MAYBE it would be a good idea to spend $250 million making movies that are true to the aspects of his character than have appealed over the decades, and NOT man-children's "Crush yo Head" Superman?

Save THAT shit for the comic readers who want to seek out that kind of story.
>>
>>82730438
You don't need a movie long set up for any single character, really.

That being said, that teaser was indeed shitty.
>>
>>82730545
>The broad and enduring appeal of Superman as a mythic character is built on those stories
100% bullshit. i bet the vast majority of non-comic book reading Superman "fans" can't name a single classic Superman story arc. People have an idealized version of Superman that's based mostly on symbolism.
>>
File: Superman GR.jpg (639 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
Superman GR.jpg
639 KB, 1024x819
>>82730665
>can't name a single classic Superman story arc.

The Superman stories of yesteryear, that formed the foundation of Superman as a character, did not have "arcs".
"Story Arcs" is a fan-insider term that no one outside of a comic shop gives a single fuck about.

Your parent's familiarity and comfort with Superman has not a fucking thing to do with "Such-and-such Arc" of Superman or "Writer X's run".
>>
>Steppenwolf.

How do you pronounce it?
>>
File: Superman_Stoplookingforasavior.jpg (400 KB, 1048x1600) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Stoplookingforasavior.jpg
400 KB, 1048x1600
>>82730435
Can't. I'm too busy reading Superman:Secret Origins as I bought the trade on discount during FCBD.
>>
>>82730545

That doesn't really describe Snyder's Superman. They're about good triumphing over evil, that's not particularly "90s elseworlds wankstering".

People aren't really looking at the movies objectively. They're saying that a movie with THIS scene is "90s":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k [Embed]

Note that this is one of the best scenes in superhero movies. There aren't many equals.

Here's Snyder talking about Superman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOJj2zw2goM
>>
>>82730744
that's the point, numbnuts. people can't tell you what they saw about Superman do in any format. They just know symbolism and slogans, e.g. Truth, Justice, and the American Way(tm).

Seriously, you're clinging on to a Superman that hasn't existed in decades. It didn't even exist except as reruns in your lifetime.

Get over it.
>>
>>82730744
>"I've never read any old comics but I can tell you what people think about them!"

fuck off /tv/
>>
>>82730665
Their inability to name arcs doesn't actually conflict with the idea that his general perception is antithetical to Snyder's representation.
I've already anticipated your response to what I'm about to say, but I'll say it anyway. If one of your main inspirations for adapting Superman is not Superman, but Miracleman, then you're not actually adapting Superman.
>>
>>82730823
my nuts are extremely sensitive!
>>
File: Man of shit.jpg (54 KB, 721x440) Image search: [Google]
Man of shit.jpg
54 KB, 721x440
And live-action comic book material that appeals directly to "hip" young fans who think that people like Johns or Jim Lee are the Olde Masters of comics is fine if you are doing a cheap basic cable show.

When you start producing tentpole wide-market movies about them, you can't act surprised that Critics are unenthused and audiences are tepid in responding to them.

This is the reason why Marvel didn't use the Right-wing dickbag Captain America out of the Ultimate Universe that they've heavily but carefully sampled.
>>
Ever wonder if Snyder would be better suited for a New Gods movie?
>>
>>82730868
Snyder's Superman movies aren't particularly dark or edgy.

I mean, have you seen Blade? That's dark and edgy..

Again, this is Man of Steel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k
>>
File: skullomania.jpg (42 KB, 833x351) Image search: [Google]
skullomania.jpg
42 KB, 833x351
>>82730750
>They're saying that a movie with THIS scene is "90s":
No, they're saying THIS scene is 90s.
>>
File: Man of Skulls.jpg (39 KB, 638x425) Image search: [Google]
Man of Skulls.jpg
39 KB, 638x425
>>82730853
>If one of your main inspirations for adapting Superman is not Superman, but Miracleman,

Miracleman is a darker book that Superman.
Snyder could have pulled off Miracleman (with a better writer), because to audiences he's an unknown quantity.
>>
>>82730810
goddammit. why are you posting this grim and gritty shit? i'm trying to have a good day not stare into the empty void of existential crisis until only lethargic ennui saves me from slitting my wrists.
>>
>>82730937

What do you even mean by "90s" now?

Superman is threatened by a vision of the apocalypse that Zod intends to bring about. It's a dark scene, but, you know, that's the point. It's supposed to be horrible.

And it's not even that fucking dark.
>>
>>82730928
now THAT'S Cherry-picking.
You select the single bright, dialogue-less scene from the film? You could have just posted the trailers, which contain the entirety of the 6 minutes of Hope in the film.

I could post the Jet liner rescue scene from Superman Returns and go "But look what a great movie this is!".
>>
>>82730937
>superman given of vision of human annihilation
>literally told we'll genocide your planet
>fights and stops it
>"You're a monster, Zod, and I'm going to stop you."
>WHY IS SUPERMAN SO GRIM AND GRITTY
>>
>>82730928
Cherry picking one of three scenes that is executed with elementary manipulative techniques is not a fair or balanced summation of the entire work.

But yes, that 3 minutes ten seconds of movie is fine, It's the other 2 hours and 25 minutes people take issue with.
>>
File: 1382419945189.jpg (701 KB, 960x3198) Image search: [Google]
1382419945189.jpg
701 KB, 960x3198
>>82731057
It is all in the execution and the details, my friend.
>>
>>82731042
The film is at times dark.

But scenes like the first flight are climactic and rise above the darkness.

This is called storytelling.

Here is another scene that is not 90s dark and edgy, whatever that is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyG5axoTtlc
>>
>>82730928

damm senpai, those 3 min alone were better than anything mcu has done.
>>
>>82723191
>Devin Faraci
the fucker is on a one man crusade against the dceu
he's actually doing more damage to it than Snyder himself
>>
>>82731128
Killing Zod had consequences. It's a lot of what drives BvS.
>>
>>82730536
People are still bitching about a Black Widow movie and Black Panther was introduced in CW; I don't know what people are bitching about.

>>82730438
So all this shit is over a script rewrite for a film that won't be released for a little over two years? To put things in perspective, the Doctor Strange script was rewritten last year, principal photography wrapped a month ago, and the film has a release date for November.
>>
>>82731132
>climactic
That's not what that word means. That scene is literally an hour away from the climax.
>>
>>82731132
Superman meaninglessly destroys two businesses and drags a fight into the middle of a town for no raisin.

Yeah pretty bad.
>>
>>82731099
>Cherry picking one of three scenes that is executed with elementary manipulative techniques is not a fair or balanced summation of the entire work.

Yes, these scenes defy the film's oppressive tone.

This is the point. The film shows darkness being overcome.

The counterpoint would be to post scenes that are grimdark.

Here is a scene that is not grimdark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlaXylsMwQ
>>
>>82731176
No it didn't.
Zod's existence had consequences certainly (and so did Clark's), but his death didn't. It continues to be framed as an unambiguously good thing.
>>
>>82723604

Its incredible how far the WB/DC hate has gone. Any little news or rumor turn into click bait bullshit.
>>
>>82731191

It's climactic to the first half of the film, doofus.

It's also climactic sense that there's rising action that reaches a crescendo.

>>82731207

Still not grimdark.

People seem to be incapable of reading the tone, especially when they've gone so long without watching the movie.
>>
File: supermantornado-ts300.jpg (15 KB, 297x198) Image search: [Google]
supermantornado-ts300.jpg
15 KB, 297x198
>>82731191
If anything, the scene is "We've forced you to watch Clark drift around interminably like Bill Bixby, and put you through TWO tellings of his space-opera origin (that you already knew), so here's a reward, 3 minutes of what you actually paid to see."

That's what the First Flight scene is.
>>
>>82731227
It's about balance, man, and the balance in MoS is skewed towards the cynical. Finding exceptions dos not negate the aggregate.
>>
>>82731207
it's his first day on the job and he's obviously furious about Zod fucking with his mom. why do people expect Superman to appear fully formed without mistakes.

why is a mid-town fight surprising or so shocking. it happens all the fucking time in Superman comics, movies, and cartoons without showing him save people. sudden in this movie it's the biggest problem in the world. you'd think people would rather just watch him save kittens from trees and help little old ladies across the road for 2.5 hours.

why weren't people butthurt when the US military strafed and bombed Smallville?
>>
>>82731304
>People seem to be incapable of reading the tone, especially when they've gone so long without watching the movie.

>The critics and the audiences and the most of the fans ARE JUST WRONG DOODY HEADS!

This argument never stops being adorable.
>>
>>82731304
>It's climactic to the first half of the film, doofus.
>It's also climactic sense that there's rising action that reaches a crescendo.
Right. So you're just gonna use words to mean whatever you want in an attempt to sound smart.
While we're on the subject of rising actions and climaxes why's the denouement fr Man of Steel so dogshit?
>>
>>82726700

you can thank Disney for the creation of these drones.
>>
>>82731329
>it's his first day on the job and he's obviously furious about Zod fucking with his mom. why do people expect Superman to appear fully formed without mistakes.
They don't. They expect attempts, not success.
Kind of like how you reward Snyder for trying different things rather than succoring with them,
>>
>>82731329
>why do people expect Superman to appear fully formed without mistakes.

He's in fucking KANSAS.
He literally made a bee-line for what is probably the only pocket of dense civilization for 100 miles in any direction, ostensibly so Snyder could indulge his CGI destructan fetish.

Because the most important aspect of Superman is how much shit is blowing up.
>>
>>82731368
You forgot one of your "Based snyder is god" images
>>
>>82731368
>See me try to win The Biggest Faggot in this thread!
>>
>>82731322
>It's about balance, man, and the balance in MoS is skewed towards the cynical. Finding exceptions dos not negate the aggregate.

This is an absolutely retarded way to look at stories.

Stories are not equations where you need to evaluate "aggregate" or some other nonsense.

here is a scene that is not grimdark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaYYATbeuDQ

And I can already hear you posting "but that's fucking edgy shit". But holy fuck if you think that's edgy shit then please stick to cartoons.
>>
File: 1434338592211.jpg (17 KB, 200x235) Image search: [Google]
1434338592211.jpg
17 KB, 200x235
>>82731422
oh look heres one of them now!
>>
>>82731349

But people are repeatedly misreading the movies. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

They're well-directed sci-fi superhero movies. Occasionally there's some niggling choice, but people have elevated them into some nefarious anti-art that threatens to destroy humanity, which can only be stopped by image macros.
>>
>>82731444
That's not edgy, its just pure autism.
Clark could have let that guy break his hand on him, lightly smacked him down, but instead meeps off to the parking lot to go fuck up a truck.
It's badly written Goyer.
>>
>>82731444
>Stories are not equations where you need to evaluate "aggregate" or some other nonsense.
Yeah, they are. The total takeaway matters more than individual scenes.
>>
>>82731354

The cut from Zod's death to the drone is pretty bad, but it's good.

Can't wait to see people argue that the movie's ending isn't indicative of what the movie is about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBt8fqYTxLo
>>
>>82723191
>ctrl + F
>more gritty
>0 (zero) hits
DC YOU FUCKING MONGS!
>>
>>82731485
>sci-fi
OOOOOOOOh you're that guy.
Bro. Sci-fi runs a huge gamut irrespective of tone from Pluto Nash to Blade Runner. Is Man of Steel sci-fi? Sure it is. So's Superman Returns. So's Iron Man. So's Green Lantern.
>>
File: Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg (214 KB, 1263x850) Image search: [Google]
Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg
214 KB, 1263x850
>>82731485
There's no relentless conspiracy to shit on Man of Steel. Thor 2 or Fant4stic was panned and mocked and people moved on.

There's a relentless effort to reframe the Snyder films as "well-directed" as you put it, and it's met with genuine cynicism, because people object to that idea.
>>
File: 1460958815543.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1460958815543.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>82729877
This fucking post exactly.

>while autistic fanboys have been conditioned to sneer at "quips" and hate "fun".
Fucking for real. It's like they forget that at the end of the day, superheroes are supposed to be FUN and that DC was always more about that sort of fun than Marvel, which makes this tonal discrepancy between DC's comics and their cinematic universe all the more jarring.
>>
>>82731551

The aggregate of MoS is Superman overcoming in a world that is corrupt but worth protecting.

That seems the opposite of "dark and edgy" to me.

>>82731507

Hmmm yeah, I guess the movie didn't have enough Superman hurting people weaker than him.
>>
>>82731556
It's rushed. Extremely rushed.
You seem to be under the impression that "USE WARM COLORS" is all it takes to make a scene happy and forget everything that's happened around it.
>>
>>82731613
B-But you haven't read enough DARK N GRITTY DC comics!11!!!!!!
>>
>>82731619
>The aggregate of MoS is Superman overcoming in a world that is corrupt but worth protecting.
For you, perhaps. For huge swaths of audience? Including those that don't feel the need to dig through a pile of shit for a few nuggets that are worth salvaging? Not so much.
>>
>>82731619
>Hmmm yeah, I guess the movie didn't have enough Superman hurting people weaker than him.
I'd rather have a guy punch me out than destroy my quarter million dollar livelihood in the middle of Alaska. That's what people picking bar fights expect to. If someone acts shitty to you at a party and you stalk out and burn his car up, you are just being a sociopathic fuck.
But that's just me.
>>
jesus fucking christ, you are all faggots. what the fuck happened
>>
>>82731606
>There's no relentless conspiracy

Of course there isn't.

It's just a very wide-spread and persistent mindset that leads to people misreading these movies.

If you want to prove that Snyder films aren't well directed, you need to actually show how they aren't.'

Like, what part of MoS for example is badly directed? Not edited, acted, or written, but directed. Refer to composition or cinematography. Don't go to just "it's a CGI fest", that's not a criticism.

>>82731613

MoS and BvS are pretty fun.

>>82731600
>Bro. Sci-fi runs a huge gamut irrespective of tone from Pluto Nash to Blade Runner. Is Man of Steel sci-fi? Sure it is. So's Superman Returns. So's Iron Man. So's Green Lantern.

That doesn't really contradict anything.
>>
>>82731507
Superman not beating that guy up called back to the bully scene when he was a kid.

Were you superbutthurt when Clark beat up the diner bully in Superman II?
>>
>>82731647
>"NOT EVERY DC COMIC IS BRIGHT, VIBRANT, AND FUN, SO THAT MAKES IT OKAY THAT THE DCEU ISN'T!!"
>>
>>82731739
>MoS and BvS are pretty fun.
Maybe in the sense that the action sequences are really cool to watch. But otherwise, these are Superman movies that try their damned hardest to be as 'not-fun' as possible.
>>
>>82731703
>i'd rather superman ruin my face than ruin my truck
think about what the fuck you just said
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7 KB, 194x260
>>82731619
>Creep harassing waitress
>White-knight myself into the altercation
>"Oh shit he didn't behave!" spill spaghetti helplessly
>Run out and blow up a semi truck in the lot, because I'm not using my powers for my Dad

Fucking Christ, Superman is supposed to be in his 30's, not a 10 yr old autistic child.
>>
>>82731684
if you had to dig deep to understand what MoS, or BvS for that matter, was about then you're just fucking dumb. that's all there is to it.
>>
Man of Steel's tone just does not fit Superman. It would be a much better fit for Aquaman and Martian Manhunter, however.
>>
>>82731785
"I'm a pussy who doesn't go to parties, and think that people who dump beer on Big Guy's heads aren't willing to risk a broken nose"

That's what you are saying.
>>
File: Batman v Superman.webm (2 MB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
Batman v Superman.webm
2 MB, 1280x532
>Those sources also say that a majority of "Justice League" will be shot on sets against a green screen, so director Zack Snyder can "utilize background replacement" like he did on "300." This will both allow him greater control over the look of the film and keep set photos from location shoots from leaking online.

Shit's gonna look hilariously bad
>>
>>82731739
Anon what is your understanding of a director's role? Because you seem to be attributing cinematography to him but not creative decisions and that's not accurate. The role of the director includes creative decisions. Are you sure you're not confusing a Director with a Director of Photography? Because I can see how you might confuse the two, but those are different jobs.

If, for example, the actors give a bland take, the director is the guy that says "I want another take, and this time emote more here." or conversely he says "That's a good take. That's what we'll use." So in that regard yes, the director has control over acting. And that's just one example.
>>
>>82731684

There's nothing particularly bad in MoS. People are just ideologically opposed to a Superman who has to deal with a corrupt world. They've repeatedly stated that they want a brighter, more cartoonish Superman. So the criticism tends to be based on how the movie doesn't fit expectations.

>>82731630
>You seem to be under the impression that "USE WARM COLORS" is all it takes to make a scene happy and forget everything that's happened around it.

It's not supposed to make you forget. It would be dumb to make people forget the movie.

The movie ends on the hopeful note on Superman joining the rest of humanity for the first time in his life.

But I also think it needed more smoothing out to be more satisfying.

>>82731703
Superman is poorly adjusted in that scene. That is the point. He represses himself, but then lashes out.

That is the point.
>>
>>82731790
>Superman is supposed to be in his 30's, not a 10 yr old autistic child.
Basically, that's what MoS was about though: a person with super powers becoming a man. Jor-El and Jonathan Kent's lessons and examples were all about manhood and choices.
>>
>>82731807
I agree. Which is why it's really sad you guys are trying to find meaning in what is ultimately just a bad movie. Just let it be a bad movie. Stop trying to find hidden symbols and grand conspiracies holding it down. It can just suck.
>>
>>82731836
Superman doesn't punch down.
>>
File: mfwMan of Steel.jpg (20 KB, 544x352) Image search: [Google]
mfwMan of Steel.jpg
20 KB, 544x352
>>82731848
>Superman is poorly adjusted in that scene. That is the point.

That Superman is 33 and moping around like an emo High School kid is a terrible fucking point to be making in a Big Movie.
>>
>>82731807

You see the opposite phenomenon of people digging deeper into MoS and BvS to NOT understand it.

>>82731840

300 looks good though.

>>82731847

Yes, you're right, i was being overly narrow.

Unfortunately you haven't shown how Snyder directed MoS and BvS poorly. Maybe post a scene that's not well directed?
>>
>>82731891
Superman solves all his problems in the Snyder films by punching down.
All of them.
>>
>>82731848
>There's nothing particularly bad in MoS. People are just ideologically opposed to a Superman who has to deal with a corrupt world. T
I think one of the fundamental misunderstandings you have is that we see the world through Superman's eyes. If the world is shown to be corrupt, you need to establish why it's worth saving. Snyder doesn't, because objectivism.

>The movie ends on the hopeful note on Superman joining the rest of humanity for the first time in his life.
What happened to that by the way? Because I was told for three years that BvS would give us a Superman with even rudimentary social skills and we didn't get it there either.
>>
>>82731406
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SWk2b8JKqg

That's the first part of the final confrontation in IM2. The action starts about two minutes in. He doesn't attempt to take the fight out of the expo until two minutes later. He takes the fight to a highway running through downtown LA. He then goes back to the expo.
>>
I hope they pull a little more from the Brave and the Bold version.
>>
>Aquaman's hair will be CGI

Something about that makes me laugh.
>>
>>82731913
>That Superman is 33 and moping around like an emo High School kid is a terrible fucking point to be making in a Big Movie.

That's a silly argument. You're not looking at the actual scene. That's not really moping like an "emo high school kid". he's a frustrated working-class dude.
>>
>>82731883
it's not a bad movie. neither is BvS. I saw both without reading criticism, and I loved and understood both. i'm not going to change my opinion because internet idiots want to misrepresent scenes
>>
so if we get superman darkseid dance off.. will you asshole be happy?
>>
File: Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg (44 KB, 705x691) Image search: [Google]
Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg
44 KB, 705x691
>>82731980
Drifter busboys are not "working class".
Working Class men get in fights when they are angry, they don't do enough property destruction to get sent to prison.
>>
>>82731840
Have you seen the sets for most superhero films? That's normal.
>>
>>82732004
When Snyder dances off the WB team that will be a good start.
>>
>>82731956
>I think one of the fundamental misunderstandings you have is that we see the world through Superman's eyes. If the world is shown to be corrupt, you need to establish why it's worth saving.

Because people deserve better. They shouldn't end up like Krypton, trapped and paralyzed by the systems they have built.

This is pretty obvious.

>Snyder doesn't, because objectivism.

Snyder and his movies aren't objectivist.

>What happened to that by the way? Because I was told for three years that BvS would give us a Superman with even rudimentary social skills and we didn't get it there either.

BvS isnt' about how Clark Kent has trouble fitting in. It's the opposite, it's about how SUPERMAN has trouble fitting in.
>>
>>82731943
>300 looks good though.

For what it was trying to do (a motion comic book), and in 2006... maybe

Imagine a Justice League movie with those fake ass backgrounds and bloom effects
>>
>>82732062
Because "Clark Kent" is murdered off, like Jimmy Olson.
>>
>>82732026
Getting into a fight when you're angry will get you sent to prison anyways.
>>
>>82732026

Superman grew up on a farm in Kansas. He works at bars and oil derricks. When he wants to relax he cracks open a beer-

He's a working-class dude through and through,
>>
>>82732088
>Implying Snyderfags aren't already masturbating to the idea.
>>
>>82732051
It's normal to have a lot of green screen (and this is the case for MoS and BvS as well), but they are saying there will be MORE green screen. Like Sucker Punch.
>>
>>82731943
>Unfortunately you haven't shown how Snyder directed MoS and BvS poorly. Maybe post a scene that's not well directed?
I can't do that. Not because the movie are good, but because the problem aren't individual scenes (persay). but rather how those individual scenes fit together into the narrative. Which is why I think what you're doing with this whole "look at this individual scene and only this scene" is such a dishonest way to go about critiquing the movie.

I can build a house out of bricks and leave out cement. You look at it and go "Oh well these bricks are fine!" but without that cement would you still want to live in it?

Like, for example, the Jesus imagery in the two movies. Symbolic? Sure! (If elementary). Effective! Only kind of, because Snyder uses it too much. It can't be, as people claim, an attempt to show how the world views Clark, when Snyder keeps hammering on the allegory button even when nobody is around to project that onto him. And no, the audience isn't the one doing it; the audience is an impartial observer. By forcibly over-relaying on the metaphor Snyder completely ruins it. And that's one of those things that, if you just look at one scene, it won't be obvious. But as a whole?
>>
>>82732106
>Getting into a fight when you're angry will get you sent to prison anyways.

No junior, it will get you sent down to the local jailhouse. Destroying a semi truck and electrical poles with vandalism will get you sent to prison.
>>
>>82732062
>Because people deserve better.
Why?
>Snyder and his movies aren't objectivist.
Well that's just blatantly untrue.
>>
>>82732162
Honestly, punching out a harassing asshole in the middle of Nowhere, Alaska will probably just get you a slice of pie from a grateful waitress.
>>
>>82732144
>I can't do that. Not because the movie are good, but because the problem aren't individual scenes (persay). but rather how those individual scenes fit together into the narrative. Which is why I think what you're doing with this whole "look at this individual scene and only this scene" is such a dishonest way to go about critiquing the movie.

You need to point out what's actually left out. Cohesion? The movie's pretty understandable. Hope? Good overcomes evil and corruption.

>Like, for example, the Jesus imagery in the two movies. Symbolic? Sure! (If elementary). Effective! Only kind of, because Snyder uses it too much.

Not really. There's similarities pointed out but the movies also emphasise the differences. Superman is more Christian than Christ.

I think that's fair description of BvS: it's about a Christian who is mistaken for Christ.
>>
File: Supergrim.png (338 KB, 612x692) Image search: [Google]
Supergrim.png
338 KB, 612x692
I'd rather Snyderfags stop expecting us to analzye his work like Kubrik...

..and just admit that a 33 yr old virginal momma's boy with social awkwardness and boiling inner rage is just their perfect self-insert hero.
>>
>>82732128
Look up the set photos from Avengers, even the location shooting was covered in green screen. Most of the Battle of New York was shot on a set. CGI background replacement is pretty much the new normal.
>>
>>82732166
>Why?

The better question is why you need to ask this.

That humanity deserves good is a given. The movie doesn't argue against that even if the world is corrupt.

>Well that's just blatantly untrue.

I hate to resort to this, but Snyder being an Objectivist... is a meme. His movies aren't about objectivism.

MoS has a priest state that even if the world is corrupt, you need to take a leap of faith and trust in humanity.

BvS ends with the self-made lone warrior is humbled and the proletarian hero sacrificing himself to save humanity.

That seems like the opposite of objectivism.
>>
>>82732365

isnt that who Superman is
>>
>>82730409
Confirmed for literally not reading comics.

Half the Marvel Universe is fucking reality warpers.
>>
>>82732470
Name three that aren't villains.
>>
>>82732162
Well golly gee, Grandpa, maybe back in your day starting a fight in public ended with the sheriff saying "boys will be boys" and letting you cool off in the drunk tank, but where I'm from it'll get you an assault charge.
>>
>>82729111
>this delusion
>>
File: JokerNicholson.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
JokerNicholson.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>>82732518
"Pithy remarks are cancer and fun triggers my autism levels."
You are pitied, to be honest bro.
>>
>>82732498
Never been villains at all or have switched sides?
>>
>>82732536
He's in a bar in Alaska, not a campus in California.
>>
>>82732518

Try harder, he says.

Pot, meet kettle.
>>
File: Hancock2.jpg (9 KB, 212x251) Image search: [Google]
Hancock2.jpg
9 KB, 212x251
>>82732578
I mean, no villains who reformed for a bit to help out.
I am talking heroes with their own books or on teams long running.
Since HALF the Marvel Universe is reality warpers, this shouldn't pose any problem at all!
>>
>>82732381
>That humanity deserves good is a given.
No, it isn't.
>The movie doesn't argue against that even if the world is corrupt.
Yes, it does, by virtue of that same corruption.
>>
>>82732578
And now you just look stupid.
>>
>>82723282
So Civil War and BvS?
>>
>>82723602
>this is a process for every single movie made.
Nope, not even close. Only Wb is having 3+ scripts written at the same time for their properties
>>
>>82723376
I mean there was another rumor that said James Wan was gonna drop out of Aquaman but then he posted a picture of him in front a big Aquaman mural and even told people not to shit on Faraci.
No, I'm not gonna believe rumors.
>>
>>82732659
>No, it isn't.

That's kind of a bleak outlook dude.

I just generally assume that people are worth saving.
>>
File: George_Costanza[1].jpg (15 KB, 390x382) Image search: [Google]
George_Costanza[1].jpg
15 KB, 390x382
>>82724846
>WB succesfully killing superhero movies for the 3rd time
>>
>>82725738
>/v/edditor
>>
File: image.png (407 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
407 KB, 540x720
>>82731368
>Snydefags spam /co/ and /tv/ with capekino threads since 2014
>call others drones
you reap what you sow
>>
>>82723370
Aquaman has been seen as a joke in popular culture for years. If you ask casual fans, they'll probably tell you that Aquaman's lame but DC has been trying really hard to sell him as a badass recently (Injustice comes to mind). He's known well enough, but he doesn't have a good reputation.

As compared to Ant-Man, the Guardians, and Cap, who may not have been popular before but they weren't necessarily considered to be just jokes. Then they got put through the Marvel Hype Machine; any bad reputation they may have had was swept away, and the marketing guys could rely on selling them simply because they were Marvel and Marvel is popular. Aquaman not only has his own shoddy reputation, but it's a DCCU movie, something that hasn't proven to be marketing gold. The deck is stacked against this one, sadly.
>>
File: 3801576-5170141533-aquam[1].jpg (70 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
3801576-5170141533-aquam[1].jpg
70 KB, 700x394
This is the Aquaman that could change his public opinion
not kidding. i used to sit down with my sibblings when BatB came on and they actually loved aquaman, it was their favorite character next to Batman and Blue Beetle
if only we got a Aquaman movie in the vein of the pirates of the caribean, with the main priority being swashbuckling adventures with a charismatic protag
>>
>>82732962
It would be great if Aquamomoa just looked like a brute but was actually a fun "oldschool hero"
And Momoa himself is a fun guy
But they just make him be angry brute all the time
>>
>>82732962
>>82733059
B-but "quips"!
>>
>>82733172
is ''quips'' the cuck of /co/?
something you say when you have no argument what so ever?
>>
>>82732595
I live in Bumfuck, Alabama. Still get you an assault charge.

>>82732625
Franklin Richard, Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey, Sentry, Wiccan, Rick Jones, Nate Grey, Legion, Eden Fesi, Captain Universe, Freedom Ring, Crusader, and Sleepwalker. That's not even getting into the magical characters who can alter reality.
>>
>>82732928
>Aquaman has been seen as a joke in popular culture for years.
Aquaman isn't part of popular culture, he's an inside joke that comic neckbeards and cartoon oldfags get.

Your momma could tell what Spider-Man or Batman's origins were, and probably name several of their supporting characters.

They MIGHT recognize a picture of Aquaman in the proper context.
>>
>>82733223
>>
>>82732751
There are no givens in a narrative. Only what you establish.
>>
>>82732962
i genuinely like the Pirates movies so a swashbuckling fantasy superhero movie would be amazing. You could have chase scenes where he rides sharks and stuff.

Or you could make it like Flash Gordon underwater.
>>
>>82733208
It's something you use to remind people of their shame and failure.

Cuckolds are failures as men, and Quips are failures in writing.
>>
>>82733223
This is what I never got. DC has the reputation as being OP when Marvel character objectively have more and greater powers.
>>
>>82733348
but 4chan is shame and failure: the image board
>>
>>82723376
People aren't going to just accept what your corporate masters are telling us to, no.

Fuck off Mouseketeer.
>>
File: CglumvIUYAA64fL.jpg large.jpg (21 KB, 460x404) Image search: [Google]
CglumvIUYAA64fL.jpg large.jpg
21 KB, 460x404
>>82723191
>rumor
>Faraci
How does this guy keep getting cited all the damn time?
>>
>>82733420
That's not all of them, just what's listed on the Marvel wiki. Though the vague way >>82732625 phrased his statement he can exclude every single one by redefining his terms.
>>
File: 1461254471748.gif (46 KB, 645x314) Image search: [Google]
1461254471748.gif
46 KB, 645x314
>>82723376
>Birth.Movies.Death.

>Devin Faraci

>unnamed sources
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.