[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: hulk.jpg (101 KB, 852x456) Image search: [Google]
hulk.jpg
101 KB, 852x456
What went wrong?
>>
>>82721195
Disney didn't took rights back.
>>
>Magneto
>>
>>82721195
It exists.
>>
>>82721195
They're running out of ideas, and don't know how to make any villain that isn't Magneto work.
>>
DOFP and First Class were middling, only saved by some good performances from everyone involved

I'm not really shocked
>>
>>82721195
From the sounds of it, it actually sounds fun, but the way the critics put it is that its overall story is too classically vanilla to outshine DOFP's more thoughtful conflict. Sounds like this is to DOFP as AOU is to CW, only the order release was reversed.
>>
>56%
>same as MOS

FOX ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>82721256

I like First Class less and less each time I see it, but man McAvoy and Fassbender are both so good in it.

Their first meeting still gets me every time.

>I thought I was alone.
>You're not alone. Eric, you're not alone.
>>
>>82721195
It tried to do too many things
JLaw was boring
Too much Magneto
Not enough of the X-kids Cyclops, Jean, Noghtcrawler
Not enough of other characters like Psylocke and Jubilee
Stuff is set up and dropped
Poorly developed characters/plots
Not enough emotional impact
>>
>>82721310
No, that means it's amazing. Like MoS.
>>
>>82721310
No, no. That means movie is polarizing. That's good.
>>82721356
As one anon said.
>THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SHAFT BASED RIGHTCLOPS FOR JLAW
>X GONE GIVE IT TO YA
>>
People liked DOFP so much because it was the first cape movie since TDK that was focused almost entirely on the characters instead of the narrative. The plot mattered to a degree, but everything about the story rotated on the axis of the people instead of a MaCguffin hunt or somesuch.

Apocalypse just seems to be a fairly generic cape movie with the X-kids in it. That doesn't mean it's going to be bad, but it will disappoint people who just saw how much better the franchise can be then that kind of template blockbuster narrative.
>>
>>82721232
How are they running out of ideas when they've only ever used like 2 villains?
>>
File: Needs a Filename.jpg (47 KB, 700x528) Image search: [Google]
Needs a Filename.jpg
47 KB, 700x528
>>82721469
This image seems appropriate.
>>
>no Picard
>>
>>82721561
>no Gandalf either
>>
At least the RT score actually rose unlike BvS which kept on going down like a sinking ship.
>>
>>82721195
hopefully its people getting tired of cape movies.
>>
>>82721604
>no Picard/Gandalf make out session
Is it so much to ask for?
>>
>>82721195
Bryan Singer, 2014:
Guys, I know the movies are getting a bit dated and the leather is old news. No more leather and no more putting together fractured cast into barely-cohesive teams. I get you don't like I killed a bunch of characters and just used some as cameo and cast some bad actors, but the old guys were cool so we'll make another movie to say goodbye to the old cast, hello to the new, and start anew. No more Magneto and friends after this, I swear!

Bryan Singer 2016:
Fuck you. Angel dies, cyclops is back to second fiddle, mystique and friends, jubilee is just a cameo, all the makeup is somehow 10 times worse after 10 years, beast ins't blue, xavier isn't bald, magneto has like a 3rd family by now, jean and friends, paintball armor, more wolverine. In two movies everything is back to where it was AT THE TIME WE DECIDED TO SOFT REBOOT IT, WOOO. Now where are the twinks?
>>
>>82721679
>CW at 90%
I don't think so, mate.
>>
>>82721195
>What went wrong?
RT provides "Critics consensus" on the page for this exact reason, anon.
>>
>>82721715
I wish Vaughn stayed with the X-Men instead of moving on to Kingsmen. He seemed like a better fit.
>>
>>82721195
Not enough quips and not produced by Disney
>>
>>82721720
I think that people getting tired is making the movies need to reach a higher standard of entertainment value for people to give a shit. There's been too many superhero movies for critics and audiences alike, and franchises can't coast anymore.

I think that AoU might have been the last freebie. Not that I think it was bad, but after TWS, Guardians, and now Ant-Man and Deadpool and Civil War, shit like AoU and Iron Man 2 would've ended up further down than their 75s and whatnot. Fatigue is a good thing, since it's forcing the studios to justify each movie now. Novelty has completely worn off.

Kind of sucks for DC and FOX because they are sort of late for the game with their new (and newly revitalized) franchises, but it's kind of their fault. They could've leaf the charge. It's enough cape movies that people feel forced to choose a team to follow, and with that the MCU has more inertia for both critics to enjoy it more because they are engaged and invested already. The MCU can tank one or two hits unlike the other companies.

Not that the other companies are making a great job of not putting themselves open for hits. Heck, fucking FOX almost sabotaged Deadpool, the first proper X-Men character that was faithful to the spirit of the comics.

>>82721784
Yeah, but at least Kingsman was nice. FOX had a solution right in front of them.
>>
Fox and WB didn't pay the reviewers enough
>>
>>82721195
>hulk.jpg

What.
>>
>>82721847
Yeah. They all gave the critics a free movie to watch, but theirs' wasn't as good, and the critics didn't feel well compensated.
>>
>>82721877
I wanted my free blowjob, those cheapskates.
>>
They didn't have James Marsden, Famke Janssen, Shawn Ashmore, Kelsey Grammar and whoever the fuck played Warren return for an X-Factor movie instead of this drivel.
>>
>>82721830
There is no superhero fatigue you moron. Before Avengers, there was maybe 2, 3 if lucky, cape movies a year. Now there are 4-7 sure, but 4-7 out of 150-200 movies that come out of Hollywood is nothing. It's called availability heuristic. Because cape movies right now have the biggest budget, biggest casting news, biggest box office.

http://movieweb.com/movies/2015/

OMG there are like 200-300~ comedy, action, horror movies a year internationally. Muh comedy movies bubble!

Cape movies are here to stay unless Marvel fucked up the last 6 movies as DC did and they all flopped financially and by critics. Then Hollywood would invest in the next trendy genre that makes money.
>>
Why didn't they just kill Mystique? She's finished her story, Lawrence quiet clearly hates the role and doesn't want to do any more and it would add some emotional weight to both Charles and Eric.
>>
>>82721877
Disney didn't just give them a free movie, they gave them more...
>>
File: deadpool.jpg (285 KB, 2728x1503) Image search: [Google]
deadpool.jpg
285 KB, 2728x1503
>>82722106
>it would add some emotional weight to both Charles and Eric.
Charles and Eric are the cancer killing these movies at this point. They removed them from a movie called Deadpool, [spoiler
]injected some fun[/spoiler] and made the most successful X-Men film of all time.

Like Lex Luthor shenanigans, people are just getting tired of it. Six fucking films of Magneto's problems is just plain enough. He's tied with Luthor for "Most overused villain".
>>
File: Aygohr.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Aygohr.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>>82721830
>Muh Superhero fatigue

"Poorly made, unentertaining movies of my fandom are doing badly, clearly this is some fault of the audience."

Sorry, nope.
>>
>>82721195

I'll let you know after next Friday when I go and see it. I expect I'll like it though, it looks very promising aside from JLaw.
>>
>>82721195
nothing. since yesterday the rating went up 10%
after initial reviews, there is a massive influx of positive.

but of course, marvelshills will argue that
>>
>>82721356
lel, have you seen the movie?
>>
It seems the movie is mediocre but not bad or a disaster.
Perhaps it can be a slap on the face of twinklord, so that he gets his shit together and makes a good movie.
>>
>>82722444
checked

STOP THE MARVEL SHILLING
reeee

the movie will do fine. fine enough to make another sequel
>>
>>82722472
I think that it will end up with 65% freshness
>>
>>82722155
>Charles and Eric
Don't kid yourself, those two are literally the only emotional anchor in this franchise. Either start completely fresh or end their run on a graceful note. The sad part is that they could have said "okay it's done" in DOFP but then they made Apocalypse do double the work of ending the FC trilogy while making way for the new kids.
>>
>>82722458
Anon summed up what the reviews are saying

Like, some pointed out Psylocke has less lines than Magneto's soon-to-be-dead wife, that's not an opinion
>>
>>82722562
And anons make mistakes when they quote as well. A lot of people want X-men to fail so badly, I don't know why. I don't want sniktbub in avengers

All I want is to finally see this fucking movie
The waiting is killing me
>>
>>82722588
>A lot of people want X-men to fail so badly, I don't know why.
Muh movie rights and muh Logan/Spidey bromance.
>>
>>82722610
Of course. It's amazing that spider-man still have fans after OMD
>>
>>82721195
People started relying on the opinions of others instead of forming their own. Everyone became afraid to have an independent thought, so they started making these places where others could go to collect the acceptable opinions that they were required to have. Also, I haven't seen the movie.
>>
>>82722628
Most of people are hate-reading. Spidey is popular with people who didn't touch comic in their life.
>>
>>82722643
That would make sense, since 80% of /co/ are casuals. If not more
>>
>>82722640
I think that the initial negative reviews damaged the image to the point that everyone ignores the fact that majority of people feel positive about the movie. it's like they wanted another deadpool
>>
>>82722588
>A lot of people want X-men to fail so badly

What's so surprising about fans not liking where things are going? Must it always be a [other company] conspiracy

Why would i be excited about Mystique being like the mutants' Jesus? Magneto being a villain for the hundreth time? Shitty tacticool costumes, characters like Psylocke or Jubilee being barely more than a cameo (basically the same thing that happened in the original trilogy), Wolverine gettint attention again, Singer retconning his own movie (Mystique apparently never helped Wolverine after DoFP, Stryker's still around), and an apocalyptic scenario being used as the *start* of the renewed franchise instead of a culmination?

I guess you could say "but DoFP looked bad during marketing and it turned out amazing!" but i'll tell you, i like the movie, but there's nothing impressive in it if you remove the (admitedly emotional) moments with the old cast. I mean, there's the Quicksilver scene, but that was such a spectacle > substance scenario that they had to make the character disappear for the sake of the rest of the movie to work
>>
>>82722698
Mystique is not the face of the movie, albeit she appears a lot, she is not the focus, even reviewers pointed that out.
Jean and Scott are.

You finally get a new villain, Apoca-fucking-lips
and all you can do is meme with Ooze

There is a hint for Sinister appearing in next movie, as well as Shi'ar. But nooooo.

For the first time, the costumes will be more comic booky. But then again, costumes are the least important thing about the x-men, you filthy casual. You want shitty tacticool? Check Captain America.

Wolverine will have a cameo, because otherwise, other casuals would ignore the movie. You can check the archive if you don't believe.

You keep whining, but what you don't get is that this is the best that we can get from X-Men. How do you imagine marvel doing adaptation? By quipping about Holocaust?

By lowering the stakes? By making villains boring and bland? Do you think that marvel doesn't change its source material? How many similarities there are between CW: the comic and CW: the movie? Because I don't remember Zemo (who is completely different character in the comics) being responsible for that
>>
Oh hey, it's higher than MoS now
>>
>>82722698
Ultron created by Tony Stark
Zemo without costume
etc.

You don't get to complain about Mystique being inaccurate while sucking Marvel's cock
>>
>>82722782
not to mention Stark hijacking a Captain America movie. Hat they released it as Avengers: Civil War, that would be understandable.
>>
>>82722776
It had more quips than MoS
>>
File: Magnetowith Chocolate helmet.jpg (1 MB, 2659x3543) Image search: [Google]
Magnetowith Chocolate helmet.jpg
1 MB, 2659x3543
>>82722551
>Don't kid yourself, those two are literally the only emotional anchor in this franchise.

Both roles are overwritten, play an overly-large part of the drama, and yet there's no real development, just incessant attempt to "redeem" Eric's soul with varying success, Eric backsliding back into diabolical ruthlessness, rinse, repeat.
It'd be like having 6 Captain America movies where Bucky snaps and goes off and kills a bunch of people, Cap has got to fight to get his buddy back and snap him out of it, on to the next movie with the next breakdown.

I understand that the X-Men have a shit-tier rogue's gallery, with crap like sewer-mutants, Magneto's evil band, the victorian asshole club of Evil and 90's shitlords like Apocalypse and Sinister.

But surely they can find a few movies worth of compelling challenges that don't involve Jean going SSJ right away.
>>
>

Piece by piece, Singer fits this ninth film in the franchise (which includes Deadpool) into the X-Men universe like a master puzzle maker. He does it so well, at least in terms of storytelling, that the X-Men franchise still has a vigorous future.

>This is turning into the season of superheroes battling other superheroes, but "X-Men: Apocalypse" is the first one, so far, to do it right.

>

I think this movie is for fans of the franchise or characters only. While I could recommend Days of Future to sci-fi fans at large, I don't think there's much here for people who haven't seen the previous films or know the COMICS WELL.
OH THE HORROR

>As a whole X-Men: Apocalypse delivers far more than the trailers promised.

of course, I don't care for the reviews, but since so many people do care, here they are
>>
>>82722640
>Also, I haven't seen the movie.
Then your opinion means nothing
>>
>>82722859
but so does everyone else in this thread
>>
>>82722871
I'd rather trust people who have seen the movie versus people being cautiously optimistic for tge sake of it.
>>
>>82722889
Majority of people who've seen the movie seem to like it, unless 56% is not majority for you

And even those who didn't like it, had a lot of good things to say
>>
The real reason that Charles and Eric have all the emotional heft is that aside from Huge Jackedman, the remaining cast are television-tier actors, with either thin walk on parts or roles dedicated to polishing Wolverine's dick.

"Ok in this scene, you confront Wolverine about how much you admire/hate/love/sympathize with him."
>>
What's the consensus on the performances asides from Jennifer "phoning it in" Lawrence?
>>
>>82722912
It's Jackman's fault, as Singer would prefer to give more time for twinks, I mean, teens
>>
>>82722757
>even reviewers pointed that out.
>Jean and Scott are.
Reviews point out that thise two get fuck all to do especially Scott.

>You finally get a new villain, Apoca-fucking-lips
>and all you can do is meme with Ooze
Yeah because he's fucking shit it doesn't matter if he's new

>stuff

Oh, nevermind you're just an asspained FOXfag.
>>
File: Man of shit.jpg (54 KB, 721x440) Image search: [Google]
Man of shit.jpg
54 KB, 721x440
>>82722910
>Majority of people who've seen the movie seem to like it, unless 56% is not majority for you

Oh joy.
Also the average score for Snyder's autism-fest is significantly higher.
>>
>>82721195
Fox doesn't pay traitors sorry, critics
>>
They failed to give DMX a cameo or to have one of his songs in the movie. And everybody knows that every Xmen movie should have some DMX somewhere.
>>
>>82722941
That's actually really surprising
>>
File: 1462458588244.jpg (71 KB, 704x559) Image search: [Google]
1462458588244.jpg
71 KB, 704x559
>>82722782
>You don't get to complain about Mystique being inaccurate while sucking Marvel's cock
Nice job putting words in my mouth, i never complained about inaccuracy, JLaw's Mystique is just a boring

>>82722757
>Mystique is not the face of the movie, albeit she appears a lot, she is not the focus, even reviewers pointed that out.
>Jean and Scott are.
character, and my post there's nothing "sucking Marvel's cock"
I've read reviews saying Jean and Scott are barely explored as characters after a bit of tension when they first meet, i guess we'll have to watch the movie ourselves to find out
And even if Mystique isn't the focus, she's still an inspirational figure, she leads the team etc., it's an importance that i just don't feel the character earned

>You finally get a new villain, Apoca-fucking-lips
Yeah, that controls sand and apparently is barely a threat, as some are reporting

>For the first time, the costumes will be more comic booky
>For the first time
>What is First Class
And they get them when the movie's over. And they mostly look like crap

>You want shitty tacticool? Check Captain America.
And here's Marvel mentioned again....

>but what you don't get is that this is the best that we can get from X-Men
And you know this because...?

>How do you imagine marvel doing adaptation? By quipping about Holocaust?
HERE'S MARVEL AGAIN

God damn, you call me whiny, you call me the drone trying to take your franchise down, but then here i am trying to discuss the movies in their own right while you scream about [other company]
>>
>>82722926
Iirc, JLaw, Fassbender and Isaac are said to have phoned it hardcore.
>>
>>82722941
and? some people liked it.
also, X-Men are not superman, they're supposed to be grimdark.
>>
>>82722910
>I don't know how RT works

Its sitting at a 50% rating on metacritic and a low 40% among top critics on RT. The most glowing review that isn't from a fucking shill said it was okay and highlighted the same problem like all the negative reviews.
>>
>>82722936
Call me whatever you want, you hypocrite.
You're not better
>>
>>82722955
Messed up the post

*Nice job putting words in my mouth, i never complained about inaccuracy, JLaw's Mystique is just a boring character, and in my post there's nothing "sucking Marvel's cock"
>>
>>82722955
>JLaw's Mystique is just a boring

I see, not enough quips
>>
>>82722971
Did Marvel touch you somewhere bad as a child?
>>
>>82722955
well, maybe because if not fox, then who would make x-men movie? sony? universal?
gee, I don't know who.

I hate marvel movies, they suck, so obviously, I don't want marvel to touch x-men as well. and you also shouldn't want to, because you would have x-men in every marvel team, which would make x-men shitty, just like in comics
>>
>>82722960
Will this movie have a shittier defense force than MoS?
>>
>>82722951
Scott pls.
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7 KB, 194x260
>>82722977
>Doesn't like MCU
>Doesn't like Marvel Comics
>Doesn't like X-Men comics.

You are just in this thread to be a contrarian shit-lord, that's apparent. No one aside from his Mom is that big of a Singer fanboy.
>>
>>82722965
That's okay. The thing is, I'm really curious, because the complaints are odd, like too much jokes, villains not having enough screen time, focus being on two main characters of the conflict, etc. Which btw is not a problem in that other movie.

Don't blame me for pointing out double-standards
>>
>>82722984
Yes, see
>>82722977
>>
>>82723007
I guess that you like X-Men being gassed like jews by inhumemes? OR uncanny avengers?

Give me one reason to trust marvel, after what they did with x-men comics
>>
>>82721195
Making a bored Jennifer Lawrence the main character.
>>
>>82723009
Maybe some critics are dumb or weren't paying attention
>>
>>82722977
I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT MARVEL

And there's more to these movies than the company behind them! Spiderman and Amazing Spiderman are both by Sony, does that make them the fucking same? Holy shit
>>
>>82723016
So, I am forced to like marvel's crap?
Why? X-Men is for different audiences?
Why it all has to be the same?
>>
>>82721469
Isn't that the question of the day?
>>
>>82723019
At least X-Men's characterization isn't assassinated anymore in order to prop Hitlerclops.
Fucking editorial.
>>
>>82722126
Yeah, characters they actually cared about, and a plot that wasn't just there to set up pretty shots.
>>
>>82723019
Pretty much every character ever has been killed/erased/fucked-up in a long running series by every comic book company ever.

Stop being such a crybaby faggot because Marvel is dicking around with the X-Men.
Being an X-Man is suffering.
Every good X-Men story has been done by Marvel, they are their characters.

Do you rage every time the Teen Titans are blown up?
>>
>>82723009

>Which btw is not a problem in that other movie.

Because criticism and art aren't hard sciences. You can like how one move did something and not like how a different movie did it, it's all about execution.

You can't nail down film criticism into some kind of scientific formula where trope A is always bad regardless of execution or context.
>>
>>82723035
>Why? X-Men is for different audiences?

The X-Men movies are made for the exact same fucking audiences, and you really need to crawl out of your neckbeard-hole if you believe otherwise for even a second.

Exact.
Same.
Audiences.
>>
>>82722155
>MUH DEADPOOL
When will you retards realize that Deadpool was already more popular than all of the X-Men before his movie came out? And his association to the X-Men is as significant as the Avengers i.e. bot very.
>>
>>82723059
That's a shitty excuse. And I don't watch teen titans. Just because marvel is butchering x-men currently, I should praise them for the past? That's ridiculous
>>
>>82721195
Fox didn't pay as much as Disney for reviews
>>
>>82723069
It's bullshit. If you think that avengers and x-men are the same in tone, plots, characterization, then you are delusional. Not everyone has to like X-Men, and vice versa. As a matter of fact, a lot of people don't like them, because they find them depressing
>>
>>82723089
>And I don't watch teen titans
>watch
>>
>>82723105
>comics?
>on my /co/?
>>
>>82723105
don't watch them, don't read them.
thanks that you agree with the rest
>>
File: Tighten.jpg (16 KB, 210x236) Image search: [Google]
Tighten.jpg
16 KB, 210x236
>>82723101
Fifty Shades of Grey, Bridge of Spies, Minions and Mad Max: Fury Road are made for different audiences, autists.

"Le superheroes battle despicable villains with their powers to save the day" movies are all made with the exact same audience in mind.

That some of them have greater appeal than others to that audience has nothing to do with your special snowflake fandom to one company or franchise.
>>
>>82723151
the problem is, how capey x-men are (both in comics and movies) in comparison to batman, or avengers?

because afair, the x-men tend to be anti-capeish much more
>>
File: He Man.jpg (6 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
He Man.jpg
6 KB, 247x204
>>82723151
And let me add this: even though you have to take a stab at the MCU with every tearful post, No One Fucking Cares if you hate it with every fiber of your being.
Not even a little bit.
It doesn't hurt the franchise,
it doesn't change anyone else's mind here,
It has no effect other than making you seem like a perpetually ass-wounded crybaby
So "le quip" away, salty.
>>
>>82723190
then when do you keep replying?
>>
File: 1462450828176.png (687 KB, 585x504) Image search: [Google]
1462450828176.png
687 KB, 585x504
Did the failure of BvS completely ruin discussion of superhero adaptations forever?
Suddenly everything is about how Marvel "poisoned the well" or corrupted critics
>>
>>82722971
How can a person be this stupid? It's amazing!
>>
File: Magneto with chocolate helmet.jpg (217 KB, 666x341) Image search: [Google]
Magneto with chocolate helmet.jpg
217 KB, 666x341
>>82723173
>>82723173
>because afair, the x-men tend to be anti-capeish much more

You really seem to believe this, which I find hilarious.
>>
>>82723201
probably, because while snyder doesn't have succesfull movies, some people find it fishy, that suddenly singer makes a crappy movie
>>
>>82722070
>Then Hollywood would invest in the next trendy genre that makes money.
Like Dystopian Young Adult Novel Adaptations!
>>
>>82723221
>Cherrypicking
yeah, one epic scene in over 2hr movie full of talking
>>
File: Hal.jpg (47 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Hal.jpg
47 KB, 320x240
>>82723201
It can be traced back to Green Lantern and the Johns dick-polishing.
>>
>>82721714
>Lemon Party.jpg
>>
File: Quicksilver.jpg (15 KB, 520x356) Image search: [Google]
Quicksilver.jpg
15 KB, 520x356
>>82723243
>If we put everyone in leather coats and band shirts, it's Genre Defying!!"
>>
>>82722070
>>82721830
Nice blogpost.
>>
>>82722640
This effect can go the other way around:

>A person goes to a review site
>All reviews are negative
>"I can't believe this can be that bad"
>Watches and form his own opinion
>Posts it on the website

I don't think this is a bad thing.
>>
>>82723271
again cherrypicking.
because x-men are all about looks, instead of plot
>>
>>82723040
>characters they actually cared about
>a plot
Are you really talking about the MCU?
>>
>>82723245
If he only used John Stewart, movie would be loved and adored.
>>
>>82723279
So you are saying that Days of Future Past, which has a hero time-traveling into the 80's to stop rampaging Death Robots from killing all his super-pals, is not in the cape genre "Because Muh Plot"?
>>
>>82723276
The thing is, I'm perfectly happy with X-Men's place in the hierarchy. They don't have to get better reviews than Iron Man or Batman.

All I want is for them to be succesfull enough to continue existing. So far, they exist for 17 years, there were good, bad movies, but at least they keep making them.

And I want spin-offs, a lot of them, just like in muh comics
>>
>>82723200
It's his unpaid job.
>>
>>82723301
No.
Let it go.
That terrible mish-mash of movie by committee was never, ever going to be good.
>>
>>82723245
no it all started with [arbitrary thing that triggered me but nobody else gives a shit about]
>>
>>82723310
Is Terminator capeshit?
>>
>>82723279
Just because the setting offers the chance to draw parallels to real world problems like discrimination and shit doesn't mean the movies suddenly aren't about "super good guys stop evil super guys" anymore
>>
>>82723330
>terrible mish-mash of movie by committee
AoU?
>>
>>82723335
but it doesn't make it typical capemovie either.
I agree that it's not some 2deep2u movie, but it's definitely a different type of movie than other in that genre. And yeah, in comics, the X-Men were getting very anti-cape in the 80s.
>>
File: Mystery Men.jpg (54 KB, 475x316) Image search: [Google]
Mystery Men.jpg
54 KB, 475x316
>>82723334
Does John Connor fly and control the weather?
Does he pick up stadiums with his Magneato powers?
Can he shapechange or OPTIC BLAST?
Does he have a codename?

I think you can answer this question for yourself, dippy.
>>
>FOCKS vs. MCUcks
Now this is a Civil War!
>>
>>82723334
There are comics, so yes.
>>
>>82723364
The concept of mutants itself does not make it capeshit. Capes are superheroes. The question is: are X-Men superheroes? To some extent yes, but they are different type of heroes from others. Different motivations, different reason to exist, different goals.

But let's use different example.
Punisher is anti-hero, but it doesn't mean that he isn't a hero to some extent, it means that he is the opposite of what TYPICAL hero is.

Do you get it now?

X-Men don't fight with the villain of the month.
They fight with their weaknesses, themselves, and people, who have a right to be scared of them. Does it sound capey to you?
>>
>>82723287
You literally have no arguments left, do you?
>>
>>82723389
Shiiit, I didn't know that something being a comic instantly equalled capeshit
>>
>>82723315
He does it for free?
>>
>>82723226
Didn't Singer make Superman Returns? Maybe this is his X-Men Returns.
>>
>>82723425
Hey, when I see an ad in a website I block it. Why wouldn't I laugh at a shill?

>>82723456
Why would Disney give money to NEETs?
>>
>>82723467
Or maybe a good X-Men movie would be a horrible Superman movie?
>>
>>82723467
Superman Returns was good though, it was better than MoS.
>>
>>82723413
They don't fight with a villain of the month because that villain just happens to be always Magneto. Stryker a couple of times
>>
>>82723473
>Why wouldn't I laugh at a shill?
You are a shill.
>>
>>82723486
>implying you didn't hate SR when it was cool

>>82723506
I don't work as an unpaid intern.
>>
>>82723503
in a movies, yes.
And finally, we have a new major villain
Finally, the movie will feature wolverine-less cast
And guess what? Mixed reviews

I bet that reviews would be much higher, if Jackman had a full appearance rather than cameo
>>
>>82721361
MoS at least had insane action

This looks like it won't even have that, nothing in the trailers looks impressive. I laugh at some of the shots in those, like when Mystique is being choked.
>>
>>82721195
Ok, nice thread there.

I'm pretty sure that if I make the same one for BvS mods will ban me for a couple of weeks, so can this please be deleted?
>>
>>82723520
>I bet that reviews would be much higher, if Jackman had a full appearance rather than cameo
Bonus if movie had same "quality". Characterfags, characterfags everywhere.
>>
>>82723413
>Punisher is anti-hero, but it doesn't mean that he isn't a hero to some extent, it means that he is the opposite of what TYPICAL hero is.

He's not an anti-hero, though. He's a hero with problems at best. Don Quixote is an anti-hero and so is Gregor Samsa from The Metamorphosis. The Punisher is still a hero with strong morals and steel resolute.

Don't use words you poorly understand.
>>
>>82723542
>implying capes aren't about following characters
>>
>>82723542
I wonder how DOFP would be rated without Wolverine? I feel that it would get 60%
>>
>>82723527
>insane

You mean random blurs everywhere, no urgency whatsoever and shit choreography?
>>
>>82723530
>implying the mods delete BvS shitposting threads

mods are the biggest MCUcks on this site buddy
>>
>>82723486
C'mon now.

Both are shit for their own reasons.
>>
>>82723516
>I don't work as an unpaid intern.
You're doing it for free all on your own. You came into a thread about a Fox movie sucking and turned it into company wars conspiracy-nut BS.
>>
>>82723547
Because you understand them so greatly?
sheesh
>>
Critics Consensus: X-Men: Days of Future Past combines the best elements of the series to produce a satisfyingly fast-paced outing that ranks among the franchise's finest installments.
Critics Consensus: Overloaded with action in a vain effort to compensate for a lack of genuine excitement, X-Men: Apocalypse is a middling disappointment for the franchise.

ogod.
>>
>>82723520
They are indeed complaining that Apocalypse feels like a villain of the week

If the leaks are true, the only reason they don't kill him right away is because Horsemen and mind-distractions. The big reveal is "we were more powerful than you the whole tieem!"
>>
>>82721195
> Focus on the same 3 people like the last 2 movies, despite the franchise having so so many interesting characters
> Jennifer Lawrence playing Jlaw instead of Mystique
> Director too busy in gay orgies and drugs to do a good movie

Which is a tragedy, because a good movie could be made with very minimal budget and small (but decent) actors: The O5 in the school, enough budget for Cyclops rays and red lights around Jean, and make the movie about 5 kids going to a very special High school, while trying to save the world.

So, in other words:
>X-men Apocalypse is not a work of love to the source, like Deadpool.

I really enjoy watching Bryan Singer answering about including DP in his movies. It's so fucking obvious he doesnt like the idea at all. Or the franchise (other than the monies he makes from them).
>>
>>82723565
You wanted a Street Fighter playthrough? Check YouTube.
>>
>>82723520
Or maybe it means that FOX can't make a good X-Men movie without Wolvememe. Have you considered that?
>>
>>82723567
Either you're new or in denial.

There's only one mod that frequents this board and she's admittedly a huge dckek.
>>
>>82723570
>tips tinfoil hat
>>
>>82723596
First Class was pretty good though.
>>
>>82723554
Jackman was a big boost to the plot and the settings.

X-Men without Stewart, Jackman, etc. is just not X-Men.

They've fucked up.
>>
>>82723598
source?
>>
>>82723584
I think this sums it up pretty nicely. The problem is not the critics. It's the movie that is not that good. This shows that they're not prone to liking or disliking a franchise or company.
>>
>>82723612
I don't miss stewart
Fassbender, McAvoy > McKellen, Stewar, imo
I really hope that the rumors about Jean/Scott being good are true

I also liked the ads that they did.
If the movie is even 10% of that, I will feel comfy
>>
>>82723612
>X-Men without Stewart, Jackman, etc. is just not X-Men.
It could be, if they would just fucking do something with the other X-Men characters. 15 years and 6 movies later, it's still the same Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier and Mystique wank. They never bother to give spotlight to other mutants or develop their characters.
>>
>>82723621
>source

take my word for it.
>>
>>82722757
>this is the best we can get

It's not good enough.
The only actually good X-Men movie is X2. X1, FC and DoFP are all decent.
The rest are complete shit.
Who even remembers The Wolverine.
>>
File: 3000947-5+ac_49_4+copy.jpg (930 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
3000947-5+ac_49_4+copy.jpg
930 KB, 1988x3056
>>82723486
Not in the least bit. For one thing it made superman into a fornicator who had a child out of wedlock. Also his villian was a island of kryptonite.
>>
>>82723673
seems legit
>>
>>82723609
Yeah it was. Why couldn't they do it again? Maybe it's time to change directors?
>>
>>82723598
>she
>shitposter gets emasculated in 4chan
Beautiful.
>>
>>82722155
Lex Luthor is not overused. He's in Superman as the main antagonist,Appears in Superman II antagonist in Superman Returns, and Batman Vs Superman. Out of 7 Superman films, Lex Luthor is the villain in less than half. One is the introduction to the franchise, one is the soft reboot revitalization of the franchise that failed, one is the hard reboot sequel that sets up the justice league. This is like complaining that the Joker is over-used when he's only been in three Batman movies and all in separate franchises. The problem isn't that Luthor is over-used, the problem is every other villain is under-used because nobody fucking knows who Superman's villains are but comic nerds, outside of Luthor and MAYBE Braniac or Zod or some shit. Nobody knows dick about amazo, or parasite, or Mongul or the ultra-humanite et cetera, The studio doesnt need to use less Lex, they need to use more other villains.
>>
>>82723691
apparently it's going into the right direction.
next movie, no jackman, no jlaw
possible spotlight on actual x-men
I guess that we will have to see
>>
File: 1463064551753.jpg (112 KB, 546x559) Image search: [Google]
1463064551753.jpg
112 KB, 546x559
>>82721278
>DOFP.
>Thoughtful.
>>
>>82722757
>How many similarities there are between CW: the comic and CW: the movie? Because I don't remember Zemo (who is completely different character in the comics) being responsible for that

This is a fucking mercy. The civil war comic's premise was fucking stupid. The way it played out was stupid, everyone's motivations were stupid and the whole thing turned out to be fucking pointless. It was a waste of time with no real ambiguity and was a sloppy fucking trainwreck, But everyone circlejerks now remembering "UGH MUH CIVIL WAR" Like it's the fucking Crisis on Infinite Earths of Marvel. When really it was just contrived bullshit.

Granted, there were a lot of really good stories and comics to come out of that dungheap, but civil war itself was a mess of out of character behavior and shitty fucking writing. I'm Glad that the movie is nothing fucking like the comic.
>>
File: space ghost sad.jpg (24 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
space ghost sad.jpg
24 KB, 640x430
yet another of this threads
can't you guys just wait for the movie already?

and I really don't like JLaw, so that's why I'm carefull with this movie
>>
>>82721195
Singer is way too obvious with his "I'm retconning things and doing them MY way'. I'm used to it because comics but I still don't like it and can see how people would hate that.

Also maybe it's because I'm annoyed by JLaw but I didn't think DoFP was all that great.
>>
>>82722957
Isaac phoning it in? BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLSHIT. I don't believe that for a fucking second.
>>
>>82721195
Fox didn't higher enough Shills to counter attack Disney shills.
>>
>>82723201
Critics and reviewers couldn't shut up about how BvS was too dark and grim and mean-spirited, unlike Disney.
>>
>>82721356
>Too much Magneto
That's not a thing.
>>
>>82723229
That shit's already going south.
>>
>>82723059
>Do you rage every time the Teen Titans are blown up?
But anon, how could you? You'd be infuriated every time a titan stepped out of the door
>>
File: 1462202391980.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1462202391980.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>82723818
>Critics and reviewers couldn't shut up about how BvS was too dark and grim and mean-spirited, unlike Disney.

Just like how they wouldn't shut up about muh Donner when reviewing MoS, right?

I've had this discussion dozen of times already, get that head out of your ass
>>
The rating is literally just people memeing because Avengers is popular.

Things can be more popular just for the simple fact that they are popular. It's the main reason /co likes Marvel movies.

If casuals had taken to the X-Men aesthetic instead, memers would be arbitrarily discounting Civil War for its jokes and lack of gravitas.

The fact that we're all watching this RT score to see what the ultimate right opinion is proves that most of us (and the reviewers themselves) are just memeing.

"Wha...what does everyone else say about it? Does it suck? Can I like it?"

>Why do you want X-Men to be like Avengers even though that style doesn't fit the franchise themes and the mostly necessary tone of the series, especially when the Avengers movies already exist?

"I don't know, cause Avengers movies are more popular?"

You folks are literally just memeing. Who else realized it before this post?
>>
>>82722852
>I understand that the X-Men have a shit-tier rogue's gallery, with crap like sewer-mutants,
Honestly the Morlocks could have a lot of emotional weight if you ramp up the allegory and the contrast with the X-men.

Like, Xavier is preaching tolerance, but by and large all he recruits is photogenic white model mutants. The most at risk mutants, the ugly ones that can't control their powers? They're all homeless. Do a movie that highlights that hypocrisy and asks the whole "how am I the next stage of human evolution? I've got eyes on my hands".

I'd watch that sooner than JLaw's "Mutant and too proud to wear the make up"
>>
>>82723584
>Overloaded with action in a vain effort to compensate for a lack of genuine excitement

WTF does this even mean?

Honestly, Brian Singer is one of the better capeshit action directors out there, if anything a lot of action ought to be a good thing, you know you're getting proper, inventive A+ grade fights with super powers.
>>
>>82721396
It's only polarizing on /co/
>>
>>82723852
>WTF does this even mean?
Bayformers.
>>
IT didn't have the Russo Bros. DIrecting it.
>>
>>82723590
> The big reveal is "we were more powerful than you the whole tieem!"
damn that sounds awful if true
>>
>>82723841
You're talking about meme reviews to the site that worships Armond White and acting like you've got the high ground.

Casuals DID take to the X-men aesthetic. As recently as last movie!
>>
>>82723590

But that actually makes Apocalypse a smart villain. He makes himself seem more powerful than he really is and uses his horsemen as bodyguards while using subterfuge to make himself appear the God like being he claims to be and to achieve his goals
>>
>>82723877
To go in detail, the leak said that Xavier is trapped in mind-battles with Apoc most of the time, at some point Jean and Magneto are attacked that way too, but Charles reveals that, since the spirit or whatever of Apocalypse has been "trapped" in Oscar Isaacs' body for so long he's very weak, so basically Magneto pulls apart his magic armour while Jean disintegrates what's left with what should be the first tease of Phoenix powers
>>
>>82722588
Why the fuck wouldn't you want spiky up on the Avengers?
>>
>>82723852
It means that for most people, violence without context is desensitized. It doesn't matter how many buildings a director blows up if you don't care about anyone in the scene. You're confusing flash with substance.

I already know that they're not going to kill Magneto or Xavier or Mystique (and even if they did it's not like they didn't die/get depowered in X3) so the "stakes" everyone memes about gets shifted to who? C-Listers that the director isn't going to focus on? Cameos that I'd sooner see get full character arcs and proper treatments before being killed off? Background civilians that the nominal heroes will barely even react to?
>>
>>82723906
Well, i don't exclude the possibility that he might end up looking compelling to me in the film, just saying
>>
File: black bird of doubt.gif (1002 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
black bird of doubt.gif
1002 KB, 250x251
This movie was bound to fail when they let JLaw hijack the story.

I just don't get how the minds of executives work.

>People loved DoFP characters and hi-stake story
>People loved DP dark humor and shennanigans
>This means people want X-Men 3 with 100% more Jennifer Lawrence

What even?
>>
>>82723906
What is his goal exactly? "I'm gonna destroy the earth" omnicidal maniacs are generic Saturday Morning tier.
>>
>>82723841
But everyone loved DoFP! What the FUCK are you talking about, tripfaggerino?
>>
>>82721195
>Magneto gets away with killing hundreds of people because MUH HOLOCAUST #6

That's why.
>>
>>82724064
I'd really, REALLY like to believe the leaks are fake, because adapting Ultimatum is the worst idea ever
>>
>>82723971
Welcome to Marvel villains.
>>
>>82723229
Those are pretty dead at this point.
>>
>>82723310
>traveling to the 80's
You didn't see the movie did you.
>>
>>82721278
>implying any capeshit films are truly 'thoughtful'

And here I assumed based on what critics were saying the main point is to make fun movies and "just turn off your brain bro, lol".
>>
>>82723971
Cull the weak via genocide, survival of the fittest determines who gets to build his new kingdom
>>
>>82724257
So Age of Ultron? :^)
That reminds me, are people gonna mock this too because Apocalypse's "age" is maybe a couple of weeks?
>>
>>82721653
>Civil War reviews start Godfather-tier strong -- drop a bit with time
>now respectable 90% and avg. rating 7.6/10 as opposed to 97% and average rating of 8.9/10 as it had with first batch of reviews

>last year Age of Ultron started high and then dropped to the 70's

>Apocalypse starts w. terrible reviews and is down to the 30's range
>more reviews brings it up to the 50's

Although...

>Antman flirted with rotten for days
>eventually crawls up to 80%

...what should I make of this?
>>
>>82724285
BvS started in the 20% area, then slowly crawled up to 40-50 only to fall down below 30% again
I don't think there's really a way to predict this
>>
>>82722070
But the more superhero movies that come out and hog the attention, the fewer original, mid-tier films get made.

In like 10 years if this trend continues it will be even more difficult for actual artists with their own stories to tell to get the funding because people have a limited budget and the more capeshit that exists for them to spend money on, the less cash they'll have to spend on other, non-franchise films.

Superhero films aren't necessarily a bad thing, but the way we are getting hit by them (and really by Disney properties in general) in 10 years the only movies that people bother spending money on will be Marvel, Star Wars, and other Disney shit with the occasional Fox of WB-superhero property, and cinema as an artform will die and be replaced by cinema as a product.
>>
>>82721195
>What went wrong?

Fox
Bryan Singer
>>
>>82723033
Not that anon, but we're not talking about Sony, we're talking about Disney.

Disney has a formula and "look" to their Marvel films that carries over film after film. They are no longer director's vision films (with possible exception of GoTG, and that will change with the sequel as executives get their paws into it), they are bland studio films with absolutely no originality or individuality among them.
>>
>>82724285
Disney knows how to bribe critics.
>>
>>82721195
Fox made it
>>
>>82724337
>Superhero films aren't necessarily a bad thing, but the way we are getting hit by them (and really by Disney properties in general) in 10 years the only movies that people bother spending money on will be Marvel, Star Wars, and other Disney shit with the occasional Fox of WB-superhero property, and cinema as an artform will die and be replaced by cinema as a product.

>The generic horror movies mania never existed
>The generic YA movies mania never existed
>The generic badass action movies mania never existed

There's nothing new in what's happening right now with superhero movies. They're a trend. The success of Avengers didn't prevent the existence of movies like Fury Road, Babadook, Birdman, Revenant etc. (just few "artsy" films i can think of right now. Although FR is pretty action-y)
>>
>>82724337
name 5 cape movies by original artists not under the Big 2 released in the lat 20 years.
>>
>>82722977
Give it to Legendary.
>>
>>82721208
*take
>>
>>82723019
Marvel Comics != Marvel Studios
>>
The score is actually climbing, it might end up with a fresh rating.
>>
File: 1.jpg (513 KB, 1015x1500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
513 KB, 1015x1500
Apocalypse (Oscar Isaac), the firstborn of the mutant race, rules the world in ancient Egypt, but is betrayed by his worshippers and entombed for centuries, while his followers, the Four Horsemen, are destroyed.

He is awakened in 1982 to learn that the world has forgotten him. Believing that without his presence humanity has grown weaker, Apocalypse decides to destroy it in order to rebuild society to his image, and sets to recruit four mutants to do his bidding.

His first recruit is Storm (Alexandra Shipp), a kindly pickpocket from Cairo. She worships Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), who has become a revered figure in the mutant community for saving the President of the United States and ushering a new era of pacific coexistence between humans and mutants.

Mystique is investigating an underground fight club where mutants are forced to battle, and happens upon a fight between the champion, Angel (Ben Hardy), a hardened fighter, and newcomer Nightcrawler (Kodi Smith-McPhee), who gets the upper hand and and electrocutes Angel, leaving him injured. Mystique rescues Nightcrawler, while Apocalypse arrives to cure Angel, who is reborn as Archangel.

In New York City, Cyclops (Tye Sheridan) learns about his powers and is taken by his estranged older brother Havok (Lucas Till) to the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters to learn how to control them with Professor Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Beast (Nicholas Hoult). He is reluctant until he meets Xavier's protege, Jean Grey (Sophie Turner), who is likewise unable to control her powers, and the two develop an attraction.
>>
>>82721195

man what happened to cape movies

the market exploded and yet somehow they're all terrible

I remember when Spiderman 1 was a big deal
>>
File: 2.jpg (106 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
106 KB, 600x887
Mystique arrives to alert Xavier about Apocalypse and bring Nightcrawler to the institute, and Xavier and Havok meet with Moira McTaggert (Rose Byrne) to find out more about Apocalypse, unaware that William Stryker (Josh Helman) is conspiring against them. Meanwhile, Magneto recruits another follower, Psylocke (Olivia Munn).

Magneto (Michael Fassbender) is living in anonimity in Poland, where he has a wife and daughter. However, he is located by the authorities, and his family is slaughtered in the crossfire. An infuriated Magneto is later approached by Apocalypse and joins him. Quicksilver (Evan Peters) has been searching for his father, and decides to seek Xavier for help.

Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler and another student, Jubilee (Lana Candor) sneak out to go to the movie theater, while Xavier attempts to use Cerebro to locate Apocalypse, only for Apocalypse and his followers to attack the institute and kidnap Xavier. Apocalypse uses Cerebro to force the world leaders to launch Earth's entire nuclear arsenal into space so it can't be used against him. Havok is killed in an explosion while trying to rescue Xavier. The mansion is destroyed, but Quicksilver evacuates the entire student body from the collapsing building.

Stryker arrives and captures Quicksilver, Nightcrawler, Mystique and Moira under pretense they are suspects of Apocalypse's attack. They are taken to Stryker's Weapon X facility to be experimented upon, but Cyclops and Jean follow them. Once inside, Jean senses Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), who has just been subjected to the Adamantium bonding procedure and is being brainwashed into becoming Stryker's weapon. She frees him, and Wolverine slaughters Stryker's soldiers, though Stryker escapes.
>>
To be completely fair, the score has gone up quite a bit in the past few days. It might not make it to 70%, but 60% is likely.
>>
File: 3.jpg (172 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
172 KB, 800x1185
Jean calms down Wolverine and he escapes in his own, while Cyclops and her free the prisoners and reunite with Beast. They locate Apocalypse and the Horsemen in Cairo and head there to stop them and rescue Xavier. They steal tactical flight suits from Stryker's base and head there in a new X-Jet built by Beast.

At Apocalypse's behest, Magneto uses his powers to control Earth's magnetic poles, causing widespread destruction across the planet and mass casualties. Apocalypse, meanwhile, confronts Xavier in the astral plane, intending to possess him, and they battle, during which Xavier loses his hair.

The X-Men arrive and battle the Horsemen. Mystique reaches out to Magneto and reminds him that the X-Men are his family too and that his wife and daughter wouldn't be spared in Apocalypse's purge. Magneto sees the error of his ways and helps the X-Men fight Apocalypse.

Apocalypse attacks Mystique, and seeing his disregard for her causes Storm to change sides as well. Realizing things are spiraling out of control, Psylocke and Archangel attempt to leave in the stolen X-Jet, but it is brought down by Nightcrawler. Psylocke survives the fall and escapes, while Archangel also survives, but with a horribly mangled body.

While the assembled X-Men fight Apocalypse, Jean ventures into the astral plane and learns from Xavier that Apocalypse is weakened after centuries in the same body. Jean and Magneto join forces and dismantle Apocalypse's armor, with Jean tapping into the Phoenix force and becoming enveloped in a firebird. Once Apocalypse's frail true form is exposed, Jean incinerates him.
>>
>>82724512
>Scott and Jean are the two smallest people on this poster
>>
File: 4.jpg (116 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
116 KB, 500x740
Xavier realizes there will always be threats human and mutant alike and decides to train his students to become the X-Men. He returns Moira's memories and they develop a relationship. Xavier and Magneto reaffirm their friendship and Magneto leaves on his own. Quicksilver and Storm join the team, and Quicksilver decides not to tell Magneto he's his son yet.

The X-Men - Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver and Storm - are given new uniforms by Xavier and prepare for a training session in the Danger Room, facing off against the Sentinels, while Xavier overlooks them, proud of what they've become.

In an after-credits scene, the abandoned Weapon X facility is infiltrated by a paramilitary team that begins retrieving all data regarding Stryker's research on mutants on behalf of the Essex Corporation, including samples of Wolverine's blood.
>>
File: 5.jpg (283 KB, 640x397) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
283 KB, 640x397
>Xavier believes peace has been achieved and it's no longer necessary to fight, and the movie's main storyline is realizing the world will always need the X-Men to defend it.

>Apocalypse takes Magneto back to Auschwitz Concentration Camp, and Magneto has flashbacks of all the people he's lost over the years in order to unlock the full scope of his powers.

>Mystique spends most of the time in human force so she won't be recognized by people who view her as a hero and a legend.

>Apocalypse's most prominent power is controlling sand, which he uses to slice necks, subdue enemies and encase the Horsemen in coccoons from which they emerge with their new uniforms and enhanced powers.

>Archangel's birth has Metallica's "Four Horseman" as the soundtrack.

>Quicksilver's rescue has Eurhythmics "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" as the soundtrack.

>Jubilee doesn't die.

>Magneto's family has more lines than Psylocke, Archangel and Jubilee.

>Cyclops and Jean's tension is barely addresed once it's established.

>There's a running gag of Moira not remembering the events of "X-Men: First Class" because Xavier mindwiped her. He restores her memories in the end.

>The Horsemen barely speak, aside from Magneto, and only have one fight scene.

>Havok is killed when Apocalypse diverts one of his energy beams into a nearby helicopter, and Havok is engulfed in the explosion and his body is later buried under the rubble of the X-Mansion.

>Wolverine wears the trademark Weapon X helmet from the comics.

>Cameos include Caliban as Psylocke's handler and the Blob as one of Angel's competitors in the cage match.

>The ending of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" with Mystique rescuing Wolverine is ignored.
>>
>>82721195
Just starting from the bottom and making it to the top. Unlike that other movie that started at the bottom.
>>
>>82724520
>wolvering getting the adamantine experiment by stryker

What the hell was the point of the end of DotFP then?
>>
>>82724559
>Apocalypse's most prominent power is controlling sand, which he uses to slice necks
they managed to combine /tv/ memes about Anakin and sands with DC hating necks memes
>rehashing the same formula with Quicksilver
>JLaw
wew
>>
>>82723007
>ladderbro still using the same old pics and stale pastas
>>
File: 1458269706408.png (150 KB, 326x339) Image search: [Google]
1458269706408.png
150 KB, 326x339
>>82724546
>Still riding the "Quicksilver is Magneto's son" wave while making it as unimportant as possible by giving Eric a 3rd family to be departed from

But at least i'm glad they're not dragging Scarlet Witch into this. The theory that Fox and Marvel are in a silent agreement not to use both the twins at the same time might be true after all
>>
>>82724790
She was hinted at in the Rogue Cut...so, she's out there.
Somewhere.
>>
>>82721195

Disney continuing to sabotoge other companies until they get the movie rights to the whole Marvel library.

First was Amazing Spider-Man 2 in '14, then Fant4stic in '15. and now Apocalypse.
>>
>>82724887
Disney did 9/11 and the holocaust too.
In fact Disney raped Synder with a kaleidoscope so they're also responsible for MoS and BvS.
IT WAS DISNEY BARRY, DISNEY!
>>
>>82721195
Probably the same things that made Days of Future Past mediocre.
>>
>>82724887

But then why wasn't Deadpool targeted? Did they manage to actually keep an eye out for their agents on the set?

Though now I'm worried about 2 being sabotaged.
>>
>>82724887

How are they sabotaged? They feed DDT to the scriptwriters?
>>
>>82724956
Some anon a while back said Feige is friends with the Deadpool director, so maybe they think if he is given the helm of X-Men he'd be more willing to give Marvel some of the rights back.

Also Deadpool was rated 'R', and is a somewhat minor character that most non-comic-book geeks didn't know about so it's not like Disney feels like they NEED him.

They need the X-Men and probable Fantastic 4 villains for their post-Infinity Wars reboot/arc whatever.
>>
>>82725060

Bribery and possible assasination then replacing.
>>
>>82722551

You're beyond fucking stupid.

They're the only emotional anchor in the franchise because no one writes anything decent for any of the other characters apart from Pulverine.

If they sat down for 5 minutes and wrote something good for Cyclops, Storm and friends like they did Deadpool, Colossus and NTW we would have much better X-men movies than the ones we do now.

But every fucking movie they have to dickride the same 3 faggots and now 4 with JLaw.
>>
>>82725060
They pay 90% of the world's critics, bloggers and Youtubers to shit on the competition and praise MCU movies

Think about it, they just closed their videgames development studio because they need THAT much money to pay the shills. That's how corrupt they are

When will people wake up? smhtbhfam
>>
>>82725117
>possible assassination
>POSSIBLE
So they have gotten to you too!
>>
>>82721195
>caring about rotten tomato reviews
They gave the movie hush 100%, they can all die in a warehouse fire.
>>
>>82725134
You know too much
>>
>>82725117
Thing is while I'm not opposed to the theory that Disney flat out bribes critics, there is one other idea.

Consider this... like 75-80% of modern film critics are MASSIVE comic book and Star Wars geeks. They pander to them in their films, plus give them some goodies and free screenings so they can geek out they'll constantly find their movies getting fresh rating on RT -- even for flicks like Thor 2 and Iron Man 2.

Though when The Force Awakens got the critical circle-jerk it did, I still don't toss out the idea entirely that at least some critics are bribed by the house of mouse.
>>
>>82725184
>75-80% of film critics are comic book and SW geeks
No, they're pseudo intellectual hipsters from art colleges, they're not actual comic fans.
>>
>>82725173
<Mickey Mouse laughter in the distance>
Ho-ho! You'd better sleep with one eye open!! You're mouse-hole is mine....
>>
>>82725221
>who is Chris Stuckmann
>who is Jeremy Jahns
>who are the Schmoes
>who is John Flickster
>who is Doug Walker
>who is the Black Nerd
>what are critics on sites like HitFix
>who are the ScreenJunkies... i.e. the biggest and most obvious Disney shills on the planet

Old-school critics or those trying to emulate them are hipsters, but most budding and popular film critics among the internet masses are HUGE geeks and you can tell they got into movies because of their geek-dom.
>>
>>82725184

ASM2 and F4 2k15 were genuinely awful movies though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.