[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes aside, where did it go wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: TDK_P3_1280.jpg (169 KB, 660x528) Image search: [Google]
TDK_P3_1280.jpg
169 KB, 660x528
Memes aside, where did it go wrong?
>>
Memes aside, it was pretty clear that Nolan was tired, and Goyer's script was really weak, especially since it just repeats the same basic plot twice in one movie.

That whole "Bruce went into hiding for eight years" was a completely unnecessary wrinkle that damaged the plot.
>>
>>82708182
Somewhere between the writer's not understanding how the stock market works, and the hero fake-sacrificing his life just so he can retire to another country and abandon his city and morals to whatever villains were to come next.
>>
heath ledger died
>>
>>82708182

Nolan couldn't kill Hardy in time before the premier
>>
>>82708182
Tom Hardy had a worse Bane voice than Bale's Batman voice
>>
>>82708182
James Holmes.
>>
it didn't set up the justice league
>>
Heath Ledger dying. It destroyed the entire flow of the series. The Dark Knight as a story ended with Batmans era in Gotham truly just beginning, it's status quo now fully established through every layer of the city. All of the traditional mobster style criminals have been driven out, leaving only the eccentric psychos to take control, Batman's role as the distant protector of Gotham who is hunted by the police given real weight and significance, the eternal rivalry of Batman and the Joker just beginning, and finally Wayne Manor being newly restored with a fully realized Batcave installed in it.

Where we should have seen Batman's crusade just beginning, we instead saw the end of it. The story would have been so much better if Bane had come to Gotham with Batman in his prime and fully engaged in his operations in Gotham, skipping over the whole recluse aspect in the beginning.
>>
>>82710222
I agree with this
>>
>>82709891
This is more accurate than you may think actually, since Nolan has gone on record saying he wanted to use the Joker for TDKR.
>>
>>82708182
Ledger being dead fucked them hard. It seems pretty obvious to me the Joker was originally meant to show up during Banes prison break take a gun and kill Bane then the rest of the movie is Batman and Joker hunting down the hidden nuke. The entire Talia thing could have been avoided and the world would have been a better place for it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.