[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zemo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 1554x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 1554x874
>go to see Civil War
>expect Zemo to be a total badass
>expect a big battle between him and cap
>see movie
>Zemo is a little bitch and shitty soldier with boring motivations
>his plan only works because all the characters took stupid pills instead of talking/thinking things out
>No epic fight between him and Cap

Really? Really? First the MCU made Ultron boring. Now they made Zemo so dull?!!!

Why is Loki the only good badguy of the MCU? Are we ever going to have another great badguy as him? Is Thanos going to be as disappointing as this?
>>
File: epic jar.jpg (21 KB, 214x325) Image search: [Google]
epic jar.jpg
21 KB, 214x325
>>82698049
>>
>>82698049
Bu..But he might return in Thunder Bolts movie.
>>
>>82698049
You really think the pimp knight look would've fit in well in the MCU? He was perhaps the most maturely done villain up to date in the MCU.
>>
I can't wait for MODOK to show up as a deadly computer virus stored on a flash drive shaped like some kind of chibi figurine.
>>
>>82698385
don't give them any ideas
>>
File: 1461603555944.jpg (12 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1461603555944.jpg
12 KB, 250x241
>I need the main villain to have a purple sock on his head and wear spandex in order for me to take him seriously
>>
>>82698253
>You really think the pimp knight look would've fit in well in the MCU?
Yeah, why would I want a comic book supervillain to look like a comic book supervillain? That's like asking for a Superman with red trunks and the X-Men with bright costumes.
A costumed Zemo would look too silly compared to the man dressed up as a black kitty and 60s Spider-Man
*slaps your face*
Idiot.
>>
File: cloverfield_lane.jpg (76 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
cloverfield_lane.jpg
76 KB, 800x533
>>82698614
>*slaps your face*
die in a fire
>>
>>82698385
It'll be worse, he'll be a fat old scientist in a wheelchair that gets killed off-screen or put in jail and never used again.
>>
>>82698049
He worked because he actually added to the conflict rather than take away from it. The core of the movie is Iron Man vs Cap, and having a powerful supervillain to physically fight them in the final act would diminish that.
>>
>>82698253
Just give him this suit and a black ski mask or do Citizen V.
>>
>>82698521
MCU apologists are pathetic
>>
>>82698049
Maybe he'll return in the future, dressed something like that.
>>
This was a movie that didn't need a strong villain. You'll get the Zemo you want in T.Hunderbolts
>>
He was a great villain but he probably shouldn't have been called Zemo.
>>
>>82698521
Oh so now accurate costumes dont matter! Funny this is the main critisism of the x-men franchise after JL
>>
>>82698614
>*slaps your face*
You're embarrassing yourself tumblr. The costume didn't fit his character and the MCU theme of suits at all. Even if they went with a redesigned costume he wouldn't ever have a use for it. When would he put it on, while torturing Russians, working at his hotel or shooting frozen people and then trying to off himself? This Zemo was based around the idea of him being a normal human incapable of challenging the Avengers directly. This person doesn't need a suit.
>>
>>82698832
Incoming "T-Then he shouldn't be Zemo!"
>>
>>82698253

> "Stupid DC they clearly hate the source material for their movies!"
> "Well Marvel can't have a stupid purple costume in their movies :^)"
>>
>>82698614
>*slaps your face*
Now I see why everyone hates /co/. Its actual women and redditors.
>>
After seeing CW, I consider this appearance an intro to Zemo. I get the feeling he'll be back with a bigger plan
>>
>>82698876
It's almost as if there's more than one poster on /co/!
>>
I was a lot like you until I actually watched the movie and he was great. If you actually know anything about Zemo and aren't a child who wants bright costumes you would know in the current context of the universe there is no logical reason to explain his costume out of nowhere. Zemo and his costume should have been in Captain America the First Avenger, then his son wants revenge and wears it for tradition. Since he wasn't there's no reason for a random guy to wear it. He was still a great character with a menacing presence throughout who wasn't even that much in the wrong. The fact that everyone had such great movitations is why the movie's good.

>>82698614
You fucking idiot go back to your tumblr hugbox
>>
>>82698906
>>82698761
Yeah, and maybe he'll bring The Real Mandarin from All Hail the King (that is totally "canon")! And Hank Pym will make the Real Ultron!
>>
File: 1462718813771.jpg (60 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1462718813771.jpg
60 KB, 282x341
>>82698876
Who are you quoting buddy?
>>
>>82698991
You may have brain problems.
>>
>>82698730
>actually added to the conflict
He only added conflict because all the characters were retards who didn't think things through.

He could of made a fake note that said "Tony, You Smell -Bucky" and Iron Man would try and murder Bucky.
>>
>>82698049
>he plays the Avengers like a fiddle
>has Cap running around on his heels the entire time
>final fight has Zemo forcing Cap to admit that he lied to Iron Man this whole time, and has Iron Man do the fighting for him
>"You failed." "Did I, really?"
Nah, he did great.

And really, the focus was on the superheroes fighting each other. It was always going to be about the superheroes fighting; that was the ticket they were selling to people. You didn't need some random jackass popping up and joining into fights to do that; you would be far better off by just letting the heroes fight like intended and keeping the villain's roles to the narrative bits, like they did.

You were probably one of the people who complained that the Mandarin wasn't some sort of alien wizard in Iron Man 3, didn't you?
>>
File: 42315123653.jpg (112 KB, 486x1059) Image search: [Google]
42315123653.jpg
112 KB, 486x1059
>>82698253
>>
>>82699101
>Tony Stank
>>
File: Doom.jpg (32 KB, 358x298) Image search: [Google]
Doom.jpg
32 KB, 358x298
>>82698049
>Are we ever going to have another great badguy as him?

We will as soon as Marvel gets the rights back.
>>
>>82699102
>he plays the Avengers like a fiddle
Not really hard when everyone is acting like retards and forgot how to think. Seriously, even Hammer could of outsmarted everyone in this movie.
>"You failed." "Did I, really?"
Considering Tony and Steve are still totes best friends (despite trying to kill each other), yes. Hell, They'll probably get back together and ignore everything in CW for Infinity...
>>
>>82699202
>Marvel Studios get Dr Doom
>He doesn't wear the mask (and if he does it's not for more than a few seconds) and definitly won't have the green robe (because that's just too goofy)
>isn't a super scientist/sorcerer because "not realistic!!!"
>is just a GenericBillionare#6145 or Ex-Military Ops or Hydra Agent (or all of the above)
>>
>>82699274
Nothing implied Steve was forgiven.
>>
I hate you and how wrong you are about Zemo.
>>
>>82699406
see
>>82699071
>>
>>82698991
>>82699406
20/10 b8 nice job OP
>>
>>82699444
>this much denial
you know it would happen, anon

cool comic book Doom is too cool for the MCU and they would fuck him up worse than Fox. but it's the MCU so it's okay when they rape characters apparently.
>>
Considering he survived, it's very easy to see him coming back. And given how he operates, I even think it to be likely that he can assemble the Masters of Evil from the broken pieces left in other MCU film. It would be a team more akin to what we saw in the Ultimates out of necessity, namely the powers and abilities given to new people instead of the villains who first used them--new Crimson Dynamo, Yellow Jacket, Abomination, etc.
>>
>>82699414
The fact that he accepted Steve's proposal and didn't betray him to General Ross (and smiling while doing so) pretty much shows that they are still best friends.
When Infinity happens, they will be smiling and shaking hand and joking with each other.
>>
>>82699274
Everyone was holding the idiot ball at the beginning of the movie, hence the silly argument at the beginning. However, by the time Bucky ended up involved, each character had a very good reason for whichever side they supported.

Of course they will all start working together. It's a superheroverse; that's just how it all works. Zemo still did a good job of breaking the team apart and keeping them apart.
>>
File: mfw(16).jpg (21 KB, 425x412) Image search: [Google]
mfw(16).jpg
21 KB, 425x412
>>82698049
the whole plot was retarded
>security camera conveniently captures Bucky murdering Tony's parents in the middle of nowhere
>Hydra keeps said footage for some unexplained reason
>Zemo is buttblasted his family died when the Avengers saved the fucking planet
>this is despite Zemo being part of a fucking death squad himself
>he combs millions of Hydra files and finds out that Bucky killed Tony's parents
>decides to bomb a shit load of innocent people and make the Avengers fight each other as revenge for his family
>this only works because some people died thanks to Wanda not being able to save everyone from Crossbones' suicide bomb, which Zemo had no way of predicting
>there are people who actually consider this a good villain
>>
>>82700015
Imagine if all the characters actually used their brains. There would be no Civil War.
>>
>>82698049
Zemo a cute.CUTE
>>
>>82700015
>>security camera conveniently captures Bucky murdering Tony's parents in the middle of nowhere
And zoomed in, followed Bucky as he killed Tony's parents
>>
>>82698049
You've never read a Zemo comic in your life have you.
>>
Say 1 legitimate criticism of MCU Zemo that isn't "NOT MUH ZEMO"
>>
>>82700089
Why didn't anybody stand up to Ross and tell him that there wouldn't be a New York or Washington if it wasn't for the Avengers? Why didn't somebody bring up the fact that Ross created a monster that would have destroyed the city if it wasn't for the Hulk?
>>
>>82700204
>Why didn't somebody bring up the fact that Ross created a monster that would have destroyed the city if it wasn't for the Hulk?
Banner wasn't there to call him out.
>>
>>82700015
if only the scarlet witch threw cross-bones diagonally away from the building
>>
>>82700204
Or the fact that the US government was ready to drop a nuke on NYC, so the Avengers actually saved lives
>>
>>82699547
Dude.

Zemo embodied the spirit of the character far better than a palty costume.
>>
>>82700015
>security camera conveniently captures Bucky murdering Tony's parents in the middle of nowhere
To be fair, the security camera footage was probably overdramatized in the movie. Realistically, just knowing that Bucky killed the people in the car and what the car held would clearly tell everyone what exactly had happened; all that needs to be clear from the film was Bucky being there and what the contents of the trunk were. The rest - including the full color dramatic flashbacks - were more there for non-verbal explanation.

Hydra probably kept the tape for blackmail purposes. After all, video footage of Bucky killing the Starks would keep Bucky (and Cap, if they knew about him) possibly in line.

The Accords were strangely convenient, and the entire team ripping themselves apart as a result just silly. It was more Zemo taking advantage of a good situation rather than setting the whole think up himself.
>>
>>82700191
He's boring. Loki was better.
>>
At least he was a qt.
>>
>>82700264
He was a bitch and could of been named any other character. He was that generic.
>>
>>82700273
>To be fair, the security camera footage was probably overdramatized in the movie. Realistically, just knowing that Bucky killed the people in the car and what the car held would clearly tell everyone what exactly had happened; all that needs to be clear from the film was Bucky being there and what the contents of the trunk were. The rest - including the full color dramatic flashbacks - were more there for non-verbal explanation.

Except the tape was important because Zemo was counting on showing it to Tony and creating conflict between him and Steve.

>Hydra probably kept the tape for blackmail purposes. After all, video footage of Bucky killing the Starks would keep Bucky (and Cap, if they knew about him) possibly in line.

Why the fuck would they need to blackmail Bucky? He's already controlled by them, and can be ordered to do anything via the code words. Hydra knows they could never blackmail Cap too.

> It was more Zemo taking advantage of a good situation rather than setting the whole think up himself.

He was clearly planning this far before the accords were created. He had a Bucky mask and everything.
>>
>>82700191
His motivation made absolutely no sense. He wanted to avenger the death of his family by killing many more innocents. He tried to claim a moral high ground despite being part of a death squad.

The whole thing is just silly.
>>
>>82699406
Dr Doom is going to be a former student of Tony Stark that Tony rejected because of his "questionable" beliefs and intrest in making weapons. He will use Stark tech to make his Doom Armor.

Reed is Tony's star pupil and Victor is jealous of this and hates Reed for it.
>>
File: 13166062.jpg (50 KB, 582x828) Image search: [Google]
13166062.jpg
50 KB, 582x828
>>82698049
Unused concept art
>>
>>82698049
What if Marvel makes Zemo go straight for the Citizen V persona as the hero of the people after Infinity Wars?
>>
>>82700432
He avenge the death of HIS family, not your family.
>>
>>82700432
>He tried to claim a moral high ground despite being part of a death squad
Yep. Sounds like Zemo.
>>
>>82700471
That's fine and all, but you can't claim a moral high ground after you do that shit.
>>
>>82700273
>Hydra probably kept the tape for blackmail purposes
Or they just wanted to be sure that the deed was done properly. I imagined that Hydra, being so sprawling and capable as they were at their height, would have had the entirety of the hit planned down to the last detail. That camera was placed specifically to capture the event, Bucky was programmed to send them off road at exactly that point and make the kills right there. I thought it just showed how efficient and clean they were at this. They had assassination of this type down to a science.
>>
>>82700292
I thought he was Tobey Mcguire when he was lying about the car crash and this was about to be surprise Spider Man.

I was only slightly disappointed.
>>
>>82698748
Hows that zodsdat treating you?
>>
>>82700513
That's a huge stretch, you know. They could have just had a camera on Bucky.

Anyway, even if that was the case, why keep the recording?
>>
>>82698253
He might've been a good villain but it wasn't Zemo
>>
>>82700497
Zemo didn't think he had the moral high ground, he wanted revenge. He thought that the Avengers were responsible were responsible for Ultron, and he's actually kinda right since Tony and Bruce created him.
>>
>>82699785
>and smiling while doing so
how do you know is not a fake smile?
>>
>>82700336
And his costume would have fixed that?
>>
>>82700566
>That's a huge stretch, you know
Yeah, it's honestly the flimsiest part of the script, I had to do some mental gymnastics to come up with what I offered. As for keeping the recording, it's probably just for the record books. Why did the Nazi's keep records of all the folks they gassed? It was part of policy and something they needed done, and at the end they needed to have the records that it had in fact been accomplished.
>>
>>82700610
Yes, he did. When he killed the other super soldiers he talks like they (and superhumans in general) are monsters and are beneath him.
>>
>>82700467
>a purple mask is too goofy in a serious movie with a man dressed as a cat, a man dresses as a flag, and spider-meme
>>
>>82700724
eh, what difference would it make? he didn't fight anyone, he was just a walking plot device
>>
>>82700467
>Now grow to be purple, AND DESPISE ME FOREVER!
>PSH, Nothing Personnel, Kid!
>>
>>82700375
>Except the tape was important because Zemo was counting on showing it to Tony and creating conflict between him and Steve.
Exactly. The tape itself was important, and what it implied. The exact contents, not so much. All the tape needed to show was Bucky and the stuff in the trunk. Tony Stark was fully aware of what his parents were doing the night they died.

>Why the fuck would they need to blackmail Bucky?
Brainwashing wears off. And even if it didn't, it's a lot easier to make someone willingly do something or willingly keep quiet than to keep him frozen of hypnotized all the time.

Besides, this is an organization which stuck a scientist's brain into a VCR tape player for 50+ years just to keep it around. What makes you think they're inclined to just toss away something like that.

>He was clearly planning this far before the accords were created.
Fair enough. I was under the impression that the Accords were something which took a couple of months of publicity before the signings even happened, although Zemo is still unusually prepared even in that case.
>>
>>82700467
the MCU is ashamed of comic suits
>>
>>82700891
>Exactly. The tape itself was important, and what it implied. The exact contents, not so much. All the tape needed to show was Bucky and the stuff in the trunk. Tony Stark was fully aware of what his parents were doing the night they died.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. It's just incredibly convenient that there was a camera there at all, and even more convenient that Hydra kept the tape for 25 years.

>Brainwashing wears off
Obviously not since Bucky goes back into murder mode as soon as Zemo speaks the words.

>And even if it didn't, it's a lot easier to make someone willingly do something or willingly keep quiet than to keep him frozen of hypnotized all the time.
No, I'm pretty sure this magic brainwashing where you can make someone your slave by saying a few words is better.

> What makes you think they're inclined to just toss away something like that.
Because it has zero uses, it can only be used against them.
>>
>>82700467
This is more edgy than anything Zack Snyder has done or said. Even the whole "Batman Prison Rape" thing
>>
>>82698049
Honestly that bit at the end, the "did i really not get what I want?" made me hope for Zemo to be playing a double blind all along, and to not actually be Soklovian.

Then in the Thunderbolts movie it turns out he DIDNT kill those other Winter Soldiers when they break him out of super-jail, and he was really playing a xanatos shell game all along.
>>
>>82698862
name one way the name "Zemo" improved the character over the name "Herbart Sadfuckler" that isnt "we wanted the hype tho"
>>
>>82700109
you are so fucking dumb

kek
>>
>>82698991
The difference is that Marvel has been really throwing the Thunderbolts everywhere. You'd be a fool to think they aren't setting something up.
>>
>>82700470

That seems likely actually.
>>
>>82698049
You know, Zemo is a pretty bland piece of shit. They "revamped" the guy completely for his run in Dark Reign. because Zemo, is a fucking baby moron. He always was, and always will be.
>>
>>82698049
I get this feeling most people only know Zemo from EMH
>>
Why is the MCU so hell bent on churning out such mediocre villains? That is consistently their biggest overall flaw yet they never fucking learn from their mistakes.

Do they just not want the antagonist to get a bigger fanbase than the heroes?
>>
>>82701218
And then Iron Man 4 will totally have the real Mandarin!

And then Hank Pym will make the real Ultron!

And then the real Arnim Zola will show up!
>>
>>82701541
their excuse is well the movies are about the heroes
>>
>>82701541
Makes you wonder how boring Thanos will be.
>>
>>82698049
OP must be really mad over lack of super glue too
>>
>>82698614
*whips out dick*
>>
>>82702556
*unsheaths katana*
>>
>>82702672
*teleports behind you*
>>
>>82702843
*teleports behind YOU*
>>
>>82702843
>>82702871
*unzip dick*
>>
>>82702906
*tears dick off*
How about some Vitamin D!!!
*shoves your severed dick in your mouth*
>>
>>82698049
They shouldn't have called him Zemo. They should have made him a new character.
>>
>>82700467
Next time baby
>>
>>82706495
>implying
>>
>>82700467
Was this the Zemo concept art for the original Cap 3?
Also, this reminds me of that leak a year ago where Zemo is experimenting with superhumans and tortures Hawkeye.
>>
>>82706825
There's no such thing as an original Cap 3, the Russos already explained they were throwing around ideas and Civil War was among them since the beginning. Then BvS was announced so Feige and the rest decided to take the challenge and greenlit CW

About the leak, that was just someone taking stuff from Ultimates. And it was Crossbones torturing Clint
>>
>>82698049
Sounds like the problem here is you expected certain things so regardless of how he was done if you didn't get that specific outcome anything would have been a little bitch by comparison alone.
>>
>>82707211
>The Russos already explained they were throwing around ideas and Civil War was among them since the beginning
That's not what Markus said.
>>
>>82700104
>T'Challa probably smashing that every night.
>>
>>82701252
> "we wanted the hype tho"
He wasnt featured prominently in any trailers or commercials and barely if ever talked about by actors. If someone didn't visit this board chances are they wouldn't have even known he was in this movie months beforehand.
>>
What are some essential Zemo comics besides Thunderbolts?
>>
>>82698049

>kills a bunch of people
>sets the Avengers against each other, ultimately leading to the team splitting up
>one half are fugitives
>the other half are crippled by UN red tape (and in one case, shattered vertebrae)

Even though they didn't die, what Zemo set out to do was essentially done: dismantle the Avengers. More than that, there could be an entire slew of other things that he set into motion still out there waiting to bloom.
>>
>>82699785

>Betraying him to General Ross

What's Tony gonna do, take his android and his cripple out to fight Steve, Bucky and everyone else escaping the underwater prison. BW dumped him, Spiderboy is back in NY, his team is gone.
>>
>>82698049
>>82700467
>>>/tv/69443442
Please someone tell me this is real
>>
>>82707613
I must be confusing shit then, that's how I remember it
>>
>>82708157
Anyway, i think the Russos have been lying. I mean, they said there was another script with Spidey and that he would've had developtment, but you see the movie and it looks like they rushed him.
>>
>>82707804
>dismantle the Avengers
Except at the end Tony still has the Avengers minus BW and Rhodey and Cap is rescuing the Secret Avengers and he and Tony are pen pals. And Tony is ostensibly ignoring Ross now and apparently done looking for Bucky. They cannot just end one of these with legitimate consequences.
>>
>>82708482
All of the Avengers except Stark and Vision are now fugitives who can't show their faces in public, and they're not pen pals so much as Steve gave him a letter that said 'here is the You Fucked Up Major League Button, push if you make Ultron again'
>>
>>82701698
>real Armin Zola
but he did show up
>>
>>82700607
This
>>
>>82700910
You mean like Tony Stark's suit? or Cap's red white and blue suit?
>>
>>82707645
>You will be tried for your crimes Zemo. And the punishment will be corrective therapy administered by my dick.
>But King T'Challa this was my plan all along :3c
>>
>>82708482
This consequences meme is getting more and more worthless

What's your idea of consequences? Feels like you're just bitching about happy/half-happy endings. Do the protagonists have to die? Or the villain? Do all the X-men movies have a shitty ending because by the next one Magneto is still around? Are the Spiderman movies' endings shit because even if the villain dies Spiderman is virtually always the same? Superman 1 and 2 are the worst movies ever because the hero fixes everything? Hulk (2003) is shit because Bruce by the end didn't find a cure for Hulk? Deadpool is shit because by the end he got back with the girl and learned no life lesson because he couldn't give less of a fuck?
>>
>>82708862
You mean he actually showed up as a robot with arms and legs and not as a computer that gets killed off in less than a minute?
>>
>>82698049
He was though. Just look at his list of skills.
>disguise
>bomb making
>decryption
>torture
>combat
>bacon eating
>EMP device construction
>coffee drinking
>infiltration
>multilinual
and most importantly
>knowing how to manipulate people based on what makes them tick.
>>
>>82709300
>What's your idea of consequences?
Not having Steve and Tony be best friends after trying to kill each other (and Tony kill Bucky) five minutes ago.

Would it really so bad if they stayed rivals for awhile?
>>
>someone excusing a Marvel movie of not being goofy or fun
DC fan spotted
>>
>>82709438
Before watching the movie i was suggested to read Under Siege, so while watching i could perfectly see why he had to be Zemo, half that book is just him looking for ways to make the Avengers hate each other OR trying to trick all of the Masters into believing he's the only one that can lead them

I'm baffled that there's people that'd prefer him to be OC just because of a missing mask

>>82709534
>Not having Steve and Tony be best friends after trying to kill each other (and Tony kill Bucky) five minutes ago.

>If you guys have trouble saving the world here's my number = WE BEST BUDDIEZ, TONY
???
>>
>>82709385
why does it matter whether he got killed off in less than a minute?
>>
>>82700089
Isn't this the point of all Marvel events since the one this movie was based on?

Disney is still the king of comic accuracy, purple sock or no. Lololol

I can't wait for the Fear Itself and Original Sin movies lololol
>>
>>82709438
Not impressive when everyone in the movie was drinking stupid juice. Whiplash could of outsmarted them all.
Hell, MCU Zemo could outsmart DCEU Batman and Superman. Doesn't mean it's hard.
>>
>>82709385
If your standard is "100% the same or bust" then i have to guess you hate every single comic book movie ever
>>
>>82710001
Remember what site we're on. Remember what hobby we're talking about.

"Not muh X" will ALWAYS be an issue for spergs. Every adaptation MUST be completely identical to the source material.

Just ignore the whiny babies.
>>
>>82700432
>He wanted to avenger the death of his family by killing many more innocents.
>He tried to claim a moral high ground despite being part of a death squad.
So you don't like him because...he's a villain? Come on man, they always do that kind of shit. A villain needs to be someone who has a personal justification for something they are doing that is morally unjustifiable.
>>
File: 2016-05-11 12.55.07.png (423 KB, 375x602) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-11 12.55.07.png
423 KB, 375x602
>>82698049
>He didn't like Baron Zemo: Year Zero
>>
>>82709694
>Whiplash could of outsmarted them all.
I know you're exaggerating for comedic effect, but Whiplash's grand plan to destroy Tony Stark was make a bunch of drones to control, take control of a less advanced Iron Man suit, and just blow up Tony's Tomorrowand expo thingy, maybe managing to kill Tony in the process. He charged into battle in his own suit, and got BTFO pretty quickly. He was no one's idea of a mastermind.
Zemo actually keyed in to what Steve cared about to exacerbate the problems of the accords, and pulled strings at precisely the right moments, such as calling for room service from Moscow, so that he would be revealed as the murderer, and Stark would track him o Siberia.
But the key difference? Whiplash had to say "You lose, Stark!" when he only minorly set back Tony Stark, and resulted in him getting the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Zemo left the Avengers broken and hating each other, with more than half fugitives, and when told he failed, only had to say "Did I?" when told he failed.
>>
>>82698049
>This is why we left the door wide open for his return. We have only begun to scratch the surface with this character. We have big plans for him
>>
>>82711363
Yeah, I can't wait for his minor appearance on Agents of Shield or Daredevil.
Or maybe he really will get his own Thunderbolts movie.
And the Red Skull will come back.
And the Real Mandarin will come back (they left it open in All Hail the King, that must mean they have future place for him in the MCU)
>>
>>82700015
Hydra had the camera placed there as they planned the murder.

Its not that much of a stretch.
>>
>>82711308
>Zemo left the Avengers broken and hating each other
Except Steve and Tony are still best friends at the end of CW. Tony is even smiling and happy and ignoring general Ross instead of turning Rogers in.
>>
>>82711591
Yeah, it really only served to split the team into two factions, one operating with the UN and one that operates independently, which honestly might make them as a whole more effective and able to accomplish a lot more.
>>
>>82709253
CLASSIC ZEMO
>Sees a picture of T'Challa in a magazine.
>Orchestrates the events of AoU/CW so that he can fuck T'Challa.

Absolute madman
>>
>>82711591
Tony wants to screw Ross over in any way he can for the way he treated the other Avengers and him. He knows what Steve is doing, and doesn't care enough to help Ross. He looked at the phone Steve gave him and seemed to mull it over, but he didn't use it, so it didn't necessarily seem like Steve was suddenly his best friend. His actual best friend is trying to recover from spinal cord damage as an indirect result of trying to bring Steve in.
>>
>>82700015
Zemo is an opportunist, hence "patience". Like Loki he adapts his plan according to circumstances, changing it as the landscape changes.
>>
>>82711591
He's ignoring Ross because he told Ross point blank that he was going to ignore him. He's been WAITING for Ross to call so he could put him on hold, because he's Tony Stark, and he's an asshole like that.
There could be no package at all and Ross would be on hold and ignored, he'd have found something else to do instead. He just happened to have conveniently gotten the package at that time as that Thing To Do.
>>
>>82711767
> Tony wants to screw Ross over in any way he can for the way he treated Tony.

> His actual best friend is trying to recover from spinal cord damage as a indirect result of Vision fucking up.

How long before Ross tries to have Tony arrested?

How long before Ross goes after Spiderman?

How long before the UN orders Vision be dismantled given how unstable and unreliable he is?
>>
I just don't like how the Civil War movie has the actual Civil War as a subplot to Winter Soldier 2.
>>
>>82712808
Probably because this started off as a Winter Soldier movie until Feige made them turn it into Civil War because of BvS.
>>
File: Robert Downey Jr Smug.jpg (10 KB, 236x192) Image search: [Google]
Robert Downey Jr Smug.jpg
10 KB, 236x192
>>82712318
>How long before Ross tries to have Tony arrested?
Technically, Tony should report directly to that UN panel they said they said they'd be building, so unless Ross is on that, Tony was likely under no obligation to rush to Ross's aid when the Raft was attacked. Red tape, forms all that.
>>
>>82713115
>Probably because this started off as a Winter Soldier movie until Feige made them turn it into Civil War because of BvS.
Source?
>>
>>82713168
http://screencrush.com/captain-america-civil-war-different-movie/
>>
>>82713230
>Sharon and Sam+Bucky broteam cut down so the film could spend half its time on Iron Manlet's angst
Boo.
>>
>>82713230
>What’s unclear is what gave Feige the motivation to suddenly shift to the Civil War storyline, from a smaller, more intimate film. Did it have anything to do with Warner Bros. starting a superhero war by scheduling Batman vs. Superman on Marvel’s planned release date for what was then just Captain America 3? Said Feige at the time:

>We are doing what we’ve always done, which is sticking to our plan and sticking to our vision for the movies going forward and we have a very large vision that we’re working on for Cap 3 and for all the “threes” movies and just because another movie plops down onto one of ours doesn’t mean we are going to alter that. Maybe we should, but we’re not going to.

>Warner Bros. scheduled Batman vs. Superman for release on Captain America’s May 6 date back in January of 2014 (only later moving it up to March). Markus and McFeely were officially hired and began working on Captain America 3 in late 2013. While we’re likely to never know the real story, the timeline seems to support the theory that Marvel wanted to answer DC’s challenge with their own Hero vs. Hero blockbuster that was even bigger and Feige quickly made Civil War happen.

So...it being a response to BvS is a guess.
>>
>>82698748
Take your company war elsewhere
>>
>>82711526
I like this explanation.

They needed the footaga as blackmail, and proof the job was done
>>
>>82712318
AVENGERS

INFINITY WAR
>>
>>82714035
The way that they describe Feige's just coming into their office and saying "Civil War" makes me think he just realized it could work and wanted to see it. You know that moment when your friend bursts into the room after they've clearly had an epiphany and they just lay out what they've got? It sounds to me like that happened. Might have happened as a result of BvS being announced, but I don't know if it was meant to be some kind of a direct challenge.
>>
>>82698734

Now THAT'S a nice booty.
>>
>>82719062
Feige has claimed that it's something he's wanted to do for years, maybe the epiphany he had was that they had enough characters now, and they could do it in a Captain America movie.
>>
>>82706495
nice IM1 reference bruh
>>
>>82698614
You dun got a giggle outta me
>>
>>82707841
He does have options. For example, he could at any time soften his stance on "not letting the government have Iron Man tech" and go after Team Cap with a battalion of repulsor-wielding marines at his back.

Say, wait a minute, why didn't the Sokovia Accords force him to give up his tech anyway? Maybe international tensions mean no government wants any other to have Iron Man-ified armed forces?
>>
>>82720789
He probably could of easily traced their location too. Especially since they have him a way to contact them. I mean, it's Tony Stark.
>>
>>82700204
>Why didn't anybody stand up to Ross and tell him that there wouldn't be a New York or Washington if it wasn't for the Avengers?
Because he is Secretary of State. He is in one of the four most powerful unelected positions in America. Ross is speaking as the representative of the US government and even the Avengers can't smack talk him.
>>
>>82708244
>Anyway, i think the Russos have been lying. I mean, they said there was another script with Spidey and that he would've had developtment, but you see the movie and it looks like they rushed him.
The podcast made it pretty clear; they wrote a script with Spidey, but then they were told Spidey is out. So they changed and gave Black Panther the in-costume screen time. Then Spidey rights came back in so they decided to keep both of them. Thus had Black panther not being in costume at all as they had originally planned, Spidey would likely have a much more extended role than just the airport fight.
>>
>>82700015
He also killed and replaced the psychiatrist who had to evaluate Bucky when he got captured.
And made and sent a bomb/EMP to the powersource of the holding facillity.
So he could break Bucky out, and use the real psychiatrists body to lure Tony to the proof of his parents' death.

... Except Bucky was a "kill on sight" target due to his stunt.

Zemo had no fucking plan, at all.
He set nothing in motion, nothing that happened he could've predicted.
The Crossbones incident, the accords, the Bucky arrest, the Hydra video evidence, the Hydra base still being operational, the Avenger infighting, it was all such coïncidence and largely unrelated to anything Zemo did himself.
The only parts that could actually be his plan were the Bucky break-out (which was impossible to predict, and not even ho things were supposed to go) and leading the exact 3 people he needed to the place where there is evidence of Tony's parents' deaths.
The plot of the movie was all over the place. Still enjoyed it.
>>
>>82698049
He became the hero of a film based around conspiracy and vengeance mixed with the Avengers
>>
>>82722343
>Zemo had no fucking plan, at all.
>He set nothing in motion, nothing that happened he could've predicted.
That's the thing, he didn't control exactly what everyone else does. He merely has a plan for what to do no matter what everyone else wanted to do.

That is why he only tried to kill himself AFTER he knew Tony wattacked Bucky. Because if that didn't happen then he would have anther plan later. The guy is patient. Much like he didn't need Tony Stark at Siberia, it is just handy if he was.

If Bucky did get killed by the UN then it would also likely damage Steve's support of the Accords. And Zemo would just have to push that angle instead. There are many times Zemo can do, and he is in no hurry to do them quickly.
>>
>>82722418
>That's the thing, he didn't control exactly what everyone else does. He merely has a plan for what to do no matter what everyone else wanted to do.
But that's entirely false.
He had one plan, which he executed.
The search for the proof, the torture of the Hydra soldier, the bombing, the killing and replacing the psych, the bomb/EMP, the leaking of the psych's body etc

It's a massive set up plan, by one man mind you, all for a very specific goal.
The fact that it all came together like it did was just major bullshit.
>>
>>82698614
Ugh, like, HELLO????
It's 2016, I mean...
*sigh*
>>
>>82698823
>Funny this is the main critisism of the x-men franchise after JL
To be perfectly honest, X-Men outfits in movies are not aesthetically pleasing in any way. Both First Class and Deadpool did it better. Mind that Colossus was not wearing yellow outfit. The problem lies in that Singer's X-Men wear bland outfits.
>>
>>82722683
>He had one plan, which he executed.
He only need to have one plan at any one time. There is no point showing plans that he would have otherwise used. For example if Tony wasn't in Siberia he would have taken the video and show it to Tony at a different moment of his choosing. There are more than one way to break the Avengers. Bucky could kill Tony, Steve could kill Tony, the UN or Tony could kill or mame either Steve or Buvky, there are multiple ways to wreck the Avengers. It's just that the different paths are mutually exclusive so when one path is chosen the others close. It has nothing to do with there being only one specific path in this film that was actually produced.
>>
>>82699547
>Doctor Strange use magic and wears iconic cape
>Implying Doom wouldn't wear cape and iron mask, given that after Doctor Strange, magic is official in MCU
>>
>>82722816
>For example if Tony wasn't in Siberia he would have taken the video and show it to Tony at a different moment of his choosing.
Writers confirmed this, BTW.
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.