[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone legit like this series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Does anyone legit like this series?
>>
>>82695906
it's a casual read for me.
>>
Gwenpool is superior.
>>
>>82695906
Better question. Do YOU like anything, OP? Because if you made a conscious choice to make a thread to bitch about something rather than discuss something you enjoy, you may just be a boring asshole who can only express themselves through anger and hostility.
>>
I wanted to, but it just didn't do anything for me.
>>
She's a gimmick they're trying to stretch too far, like trying to serve breadsticks as the main course of a meal.

They might be tasty breadticks but they're still just breaksticks.
>>
>>82695906
I wanted to like it. Costume is great, and with the death of the Ultimate Universe, I was really looking forward to a nice alt-universe ongoing, but it's just not doing anything for me. She spends too much time faffing about in 616 or with 616 characters, and nothing about the main ongoing plotlines themselves really hold my attention that much.

It's basically Wasted Potential: The Comic. It's not bad, but it could have been so much better.
>>
I like the costume. Surprisingly, Gwenpool ended up being a more interesting read.
>>
>>82695906
I do
>>
>>82697279

THIS
>>
File: Spider-Gwen 004-015.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Gwen 004-015.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>82697279
And it doesn't help that the art is fucking shit.

Even if you ignore its ugliness, how's this for sense of motion?
>>
>>82695906

It could have been a good alt-universe take but she hangs out way too much with the 616-verse and the author throws way too many ideas at the wall without really bothering to flesh anything out so the result is a disjointed, unfocused mess.

Evil Matt Murdock and cop Frank Castle in particular have a lot of potential that so far has gone unused.
>>
>>82695906
I like it, and i really like the 65 world, if only for more evil daredevil.

I like Gwen, but Spider-women has done more for her backstory and world building then any issue of her solo so far.
>>
>>82697614
That is some webcomic-tier paneling.
>>
>>82695906
I enjoyed her in Spider-Verse but she became too bland when she got her own series
>>
>>82695906
No.

Gwen is a shit character. She's templated on a character whose most memorable characteristic is a snapped neck, and she was given a book because a cosplayers thought her look was cool.

Latour isn't a bad writer, but he's a middle aged man and that's why Captain Stacy is the most interesting, fleshed out character in the Marvel 65 universe. If it were called Cop Dad, the book might be decent, but the teenage girl stuff is legit shit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.