[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ACTION COMICS #957 >Written by DAN JURGENS >Art by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: AC_Cv957.jpg (209 KB, 692x1200) Image search: [Google]
AC_Cv957.jpg
209 KB, 692x1200
>ACTION COMICS #957
>Written by DAN JURGENS
>Art by PATRICK ZIRCHER
>Cover by MIKEL JANIN
>Variant cover by RYAN SOOK
>NOW SHIPPING TWICE MONTHLY!
>“PATH TO DOOM” chapter one
>Superman returns to Metropolis just in time to meet the city of tomorrow’s newest protector: Lex Luthor. But it’s not long before these dueling titans meet someone unexpected — the new Clark Kent!
>>
>>82695894
I'm looking forward to it. Not Doomsday though. I'm sick of Doomsday. Just stop it. Send him to oblivion.

Unrelated but the stupid "Click until there are none left" Captcha has NEVER worked for me
>>
First AC issue out of Rebirth and he has Doomsday on?
Wonder how long this Reign Redux thing is gonna last.
1 year, likely
>>
>>82695894
dat qt Jon
>>
I'm into what they're doing with Superman, other than Doomsday, but man do I wish someone else was writing.
>>
>>82695894
>Written by DAN JURGENS
Why?
>>
>>82696807
>>82696865
He's been doing pretty well over on Lois & Clark.
>>
>>82695894
I never felt comfortable with Jurgens writing Supes, but that art is gorgeous.
>>
>>82695894
I hoped they would have kept the new52 S and pre-flashpoint Supes would wear New52 Superman's cloak.
>>
>>82696807
Jurgens has handled married SuperDad well. That's the part I'm looking forward to. It's when he brings in stuff like Intergang or some other "evil organization X" that it seems to go off the rails.
>>
>>82696807
See >>82696898.

Admittedly, it might be because the story is so non-standard for a Superman series that it works perfectly. But overall, Jurgens hasn't been too terrible on Lois and Clark. I just hope that the wider cast of characters doesn't mess him up.

Overall, I'm slightly more interested in this than Tomasi's Superman, but my expectations are still low.
>>
>>82696898
If by well you men mediocre, sure.
>>
I'm still not clear on what's happening with Rebirth...

It's two Supes right?
Nu52 and Pre-Flashpoint?
>>
Who's the second artist on this?
>>
>>82697688
Two Clarks. N52 and PF.

N52 Clark will lose has already been outed as Superman and that isn't going to change. Also, as far as we know, he's going to lose his powers for the foreseeable future.

PF Clark will take his place as the acting Superman. That will have some consequences (JL and specifically WW and Batman wondering who the hell this guy is), among other things.
>>
>>82696865

What's wrong with Jurgens? I often see a lot of people groan when he's mentioned.

I really liked his run on pre-Nu52 Booster Gold, and as >>82696898 said, he's also doing well on Lois & Clark.
>>
>>82697522
Really?
I'm much more hyped for Tomasi's Superman, the work he did over on Robin has my expectations pretty pumped.
>>
>>82697697
Kirkham
>>
>no red boots
>no red cherry-flavored edible panties
Dropped.
>>
>>82697767
As far as we know, he's going to die for the forseeable future. That Clark Kent could easily be a fakeout.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.