[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever like Ang Lee's version of the Hulk? I liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 17
File: hulk-missile.jpg (201 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
hulk-missile.jpg
201 KB, 600x395
Did you ever like Ang Lee's version of the Hulk?

I liked it. I thought it was a brilliant film. I think the issue with this film it was way too fucking deep
>>
I liked it, up until the end fight. They basically ended the movie with a new magic trick designed just to end the movie.
>>
Yes. I actually like that hulk allot more than the one we have now.
>>
>>82695478
Remember when people bashed it because they used CGI? Fucking stupid. How can they get a Lou Ferrigno mother fucker throwing tanks and cars. I thought the CGI was really good at the time.
>>
>I liked it. I thought it was a brilliant film. I think the issue with this film it was way too fucking deep
People keep saying that about BvS too.
I guess people have always said this about shitty movies.
>>
>>82695420
>I think the issue with this film it was way too fucking deep
I know exactly what you mean
>>
WTF was up with that scene with Banner as a kid under the kitchen table? it's trippy as hell for seemingly no reason. Was it a poor attempt at showing a progression of time?
>>
>>82695420
I liked it a lot.
It has a fair amount of flaws, but the flashbacks were cool and Nolte was excellent

And Hulk earned speaking.
He EARNED that shit.
>>
>>82695420
I think people expected more of an action movie, not a weird psychological drama with a few action bits. I though it was pretty fun, tho. And Sam Elliot was dead solid perfect.
>>
>>82695607
I still think Bana did a good job with what the movie was trying to do with Banner in general.
>>
>>82695607
>I think people expected more of an action movie, not a weird psychological drama with a few action bits.

So much this.
>>
I loved it. The score was excellent, Lee always works with great photographers, all the actors were on point. I even liked the panel gimmick.

The dogs were silly but I can live with them.

Loved it.
>>
>>82695420
I thought both the Hulk movies were very good, I didn't get the complaints.

They did, however, prove that origin stories were way overdone.
>>
>>82695420
People said Batman v Superman would be the birth of capekino. But they were wrong. Because capekino was born in 2003 with Ang Lee's Hulk.
>>
>>82695839
This. Ang Lee does visually and emotionally beautiful work.
>>
Capekino.
>>
>>82695590
Hulk should always speak and not just be Super Saiyan Banner or a fucking gorilla. Only the cartoons get this right even if they blow everything else
>>
I like it a lot but it's definitely an acquired taste. It's really weird and you have to be in the right mood for it.
>>
File: Lain_Art__144_.png (272 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Lain_Art__144_.png
272 KB, 720x720
>>82695420
I loved the music in the movie. Had this nice mystery feel to it:
https://youtu.be/mMrwjA82XIQ

I miss the days when superheroes had theme songs like Superman, Batman, Spider-man and even Thomas Jane's Punisher.
>>
>>82695420
>Hulk sad.
>Hulk runs away from puny army.
No.
>>
File: Hulk144_16a.jpg (73 KB, 263x393) Image search: [Google]
Hulk144_16a.jpg
73 KB, 263x393
>>82696206
Hulk just want to be left alone
>>
File: stewart-lee.jpg (308 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
stewart-lee.jpg
308 KB, 1280x720
>>82695420
don't make him Ang Lee, you wouldn't like him when he's ang lee
>>
>>82696022
god damn dat music. Even over a decade later it still sounds amazing. it's like it was way too good for the hulk movie
>>
>>82696285
Oh, you.
>>
>>82695524
>BvS
>old and busted religious imagery
>Lex being an obsessive spaz projecting philosophy 101 crap while trying to act pretentious about it, and can't seem to grasp that Supes just had a confusing upbringing and just wants to get laid like the rest of us
Deep for plebs maybe.
>>
>>82696022
>hey that sounds like Danny Elfman
>it's Danny Elfman
Fucking hell it's like there's 3 fucking composers in Hollywood who can make cape themes: Williams, Elfman and (maybe) Zimmer.
Getting Silverstri for the Avengers 1 theme was nice and refreshing
>[small bells intesifiy]
https://youtu.be/8VGJGXMUhmc

It's weird how you can recognize composer quirks over time.
>>
>>82695420
It was good but too fucking long. And it had two endings. Fuck was that movie long and drawn out.
>>
>>82695420
I swear I saw the hulk's butt clip through his shorts once while in the desert. tell me I'm not the only one
>>
>>82695420
>Did you ever like Ang Lee's version of the Hulk?

I liked it, but I think the story, was unnecessarily slow and heavy.
I prefer Ruffalo for Banner than Bana. Anyways, other than that, Ang Lee is a good director, and the film proves it. His CG Hulk, for 2003, was mighty and well done.
>>
>>82696285
Heh
>>
It just wasn't that interested in the hulk, kind of a flaw in a Hulk movie
>>
>>82695420
Yeah, but the last time I saw it I was like 8.
>>
I dont like him when he is ang lee
>>
>>82695524

false equivalence, for starters Lee's Hulk received mixed criticism while being panned by the audience, BvS got the opposite reaction
>>
>>82695420
I enjoyed it but felt it took a long fucking time to really get momentum going. Also the stupid ending. Resolve your childhood trauma with a real super fight, not weird deus ex machina
>>
>>82695420
>too deep
>posts terrible cgi shrek bitting a missile
>>
>>82697835

>implying Shrek isn't deep as fuck
>>
File: hulk-screenshot.jpg (39 KB, 550x300) Image search: [Google]
hulk-screenshot.jpg
39 KB, 550x300
I didn't like how huge they made Hulk.
>>
>>82695506

I remember people hating it because there wasn't enough hulk.
>>
>>82697899
I don't know if Shrek is deep. But it definitely has layers.
>>
>>82697906
He's the Hulk, not the Average.
>>
My favorite part was jumping hulk. And hulk going into space on a jet.
>>
>>82695420
I didn't like "growing" Hulk and I didn't like the end. Everything else was pretty good to great. Yes even the dogs.
>>
>>82695420
>>82695524
To be fair "deep" is the wrong word, OP, the movie was introspective, it didn't have any message, barely anything that could count as real life commentary, but it cared about exploring Bruce's character in ways that didn't necessarily involve smashing. The problem is that propably it focused too much on that, making the movie boring and hard to swallow for some people
>>
>>82695420
No, this movie had some big pacing issues, with long boring stretches of boring exposition, but the story wasn't interesting enough to make it bearable, it felt twice its length. Also the resolution is shit.
>>
>>82698669
Oh,h and while I have nothing against Eric Bana as a person or an actor his rugged Australian handsomeness made him an awful Bruce.
>>
Is the new-ish Hulk movie with Abomination canon in MCU?
>>
>>82698766
yep
>>
>>82698737
I think him looking always on the verge of breaking into tears made him a good Bruce for this movie's focus
>>
File: ay_109151073.jpg (553 KB, 1000x862) Image search: [Google]
ay_109151073.jpg
553 KB, 1000x862
>>82698826
Yea but once you start thinking about his tears running down that chiseled jaw, the illusion is ruined.
>>
I liked it as a kid... Not so much now.
>>
I'll always remember this movie for that one scene where that guy shoots some grenades at hulk, but they reflect and explode behind him, and he he leaps into the air into a comic book freezeframe. It looked so god damned ridiculous. I think the entire theater burst out laughing when it happened.
>>
>>82698766
>Is the new-ish Hulk movie with Abomination canon in MCU?

It's never been referenced by any of the MCU movies so wtf do you think?
>>
>>82695420
I remember liking it but then again I was 13 or 14 when I watched that movie
>>
>"Give me everything you got!"
>Sends three tanks and a couple attack helicopters.
>>
>>82699249
>Never referenced
>One of Civil War's antagonists is the antagonist from Incredible Hulk
Mmhm.
>>
>>82699249
Ross is literally in Civil War.

And Iron Man 2 showed footage from the Harlem fight.

And Banner directly mentioned the Harlem fight in the first Avengers.
>>
>>82695420
Yes, I liked it then and I like it now. Very underrated soundtrack
>>
>>82699249
But General Ross from that movie was just in Civil War, albeit promoted to Sec of State.
>>
I liked it, it's Snyder done right.
>>
Lots and lots of good shit. But for every good idea they had, it was countered with stupid bullshit.

Trying to tackle Banner's inner turmoil and just how mentally damaged he is was a great idea. That's where most of the conflict with the character comes from. The daddy issues coming from Betty too worked perfectly.

BUT they spent an hour just on origin shit.
We didn't need gamma radiation AND nanomachines AND starfish DNA to arrive at him turning green. The 80s TV show had him sit and a chair and BAM! Hulk. The "how" he gets Hulked isn't as interesting as "why" he goes Hulk.

Comic book panels were a great energetic way to show simultaneous action, and when Hulk escapes and tosses that...thing, into a the control room the multiple angles afforded by the panels was genius. But there was that part when the explosive shell kills Josh Lucas and a few times during the desert fight that the panel gimmick just didn't work.

Hulk dogs should have been scary and viscous. They looked stupid and the fight involved Hulk jumping on tree limbs Hidden Dragon style.

Making Bruce's dad a literal monster able to trade blows with Hulk undermined the very Daddy Issues theme presented by the story itself. David Banner was Bruce's MENTAL antagonist. General Ross was his PHYSICAL antagonist.

Despite Nolte's awesome and campy performance right before, the end battle was just stupid.
>>
>>82698826
As I look into it now, He really showed rage the right way. I wish our current Banner showed the same. But then again MCU Banner has trained to be calm but whatever I guess??
>>
>>82699659
>BUT they spent an hour just on origin shit.

To be fair during 2003 was just the beginning of an era of comic book movies. Nowadays we just want straight to the point because we all know the origin story.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSGXERUKBj4
ebin
>>
File: 1283902485212.jpg (4 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
1283902485212.jpg
4 KB, 190x190
>>82699769
that's it. Thanks anon

Who thought this looked good.
>>
>>82699766
Hulk's origin wasn't even as complicated in the comics. The TV show was able to show in a matter of minutes in the pilot episode. The MCU Hulk told his origin during the opening credits.

Of all the heroes, Hulk's is the easiest to blow through and they dragged it out for half the movie.
>>
>>82695420
I just don't understand the jellyfish
>>
>>82695420
> I think the issue with this film it was way too fucking deep

Just like Snyder's movies
>>
Here's a food for thought:

If Ang Lee instead created his version of the Hulk in comic book form it would have been Marvel's own "All-Star Superman.

Way too fucking artsy and deep for a first time Hulk movie. This type of shit should have been experimented in a comic. Not a movie.
>>
Best Betty
>>
How come he ends up naked in two of his movies? Happened in this one and The Avengers.
>>
>>82695420
... does anyone else want to eat a missile now?
>>
>>82700006
Why wouldn't he? Stretchy pants are a bit convenient
>>
>>82699987
I wonder why the MCU forgot she existed.
>>
>>82699659
Yes.
One of the little details I liked was how, when turning back to Banner, all Hulks mass seemed to turn to water and steam, explaining where it all goes during the transformation.
>>
>>82695420
I loved it so much that its permenantly in my MCU headcanon
>>
File: 1440775905881.png (171 KB, 408x410) Image search: [Google]
1440775905881.png
171 KB, 408x410
>>82700149
>MCU headcanon
>>
>>82700097
Between her, Jane and Pepper, I guess Betty is just the least necessary given Hulk is hardly in a situation to be around her.
>>
>>82700097
Whedon and his shitty radioactive spider ship
>>
>>82695506
as much as i would love to see them do it practical with lou, I'm really glad they went with CG because to me, Hulk should be twice the size of banner, and you can't get that with another actor as the hulk in green makeup
>>
>>82695420
I fapped to the transformation scenes a few times.
>>
great film, terrible pacing for an "action" blockbuster though. Who the fuck let them release a "HULK" movie where nothing happens for 40 minutes?
>>
>>82695506
I don't remember anybody complaining that Hulk would be CG.
>>
I liked it but I hated the shade of green the hulk was. He was like this neon green and it was nagl.
>>
>>82699013
Hey, there's a reason why they gave Hulk all that baby fat.
>>
>>82699685
Avengers' Hulk is ape-ish and primal, Lee's Hulk was pure human sperging, there's a lot of moments where he's just twitching like a big baby

Then there's Norton's Kenshiro
>>
>>82700261
Yeah it was for that and less Hulk on screen.
>>
>>82700266
I rather Hulk be unnaturally green like that. Plays up the radioactive aspect of him.
I liked the thicker look too for some reason. Incredible Hulk was too sinewy and just looked like a giant human. I like Hulk to look apish or caveman like.
>>
>>82700097

Wheddon did it, my god I bet the russos hate the mess Wheddon left for them.

Wheddon literally threw a party in the movie, like a big "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner that bush used. And continued on into 2 hours of "eeeehhh....." movie.

I really wonder how thor 3 hulk will be, they need to drop the BW/hulk thing, it's so god damn awful. The idea they might make the two star crossed lovers scares me. No one wants to see their reunion, just....bleh, fuck that.
>>
>>82697923
I remember hearing on the radio that it took too long for the Hulk to appear.
>>
>>82700506
>Wheddon literally threw a party in the movie, like a big "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner that bush used.

Well their mission was actually accomplished until Stark fucked up everything
>>
>>82695420
I hated it when I was a kid, but I rewatched it recently and liked it a lot.

I remember I liked the game that came out with it a little more, and I ended up buying shit tons of merch anyway.
>>
I never did like the fact they combined the absorbing man with Bruce old man.

Did they explain that in story? I can understand why it made Bruce, the Hulk but what the fuck inside of Bruce's old man made him start absorbing shit?

Also didn't they imply Bruce was experimented on as a child or am I remembering that from another plot?
>>
>>82700596

I was speaking metaphorically, that wheddon threw the party for himself at what a good film he had made, only to have actually made an a terrible sequel.
>>
>>82700149
It's funny because if you ignore the small, quick flashbacks in the opening TIH could perfectly be a sequel to the first movie
They even went on with the Banner in south America subplot
>>
>>82699249
>>82699391
>>82699399
And Tony Stark shows up at the end of the movie
>>
>>82700802
>Also didn't they imply Bruce was experimented on as a child or am I remembering that from another plot?

Bruce's dad experimented on himself.
Then tried to kill Bruce because he feared he had tainted his DNA.
And Bruce's mom got killed trying to protect Bruce.

Good stuff
>>
>>82700802
Bruce's father experimented on himself, then passed that on to Bruce from conception. But it wasn't until nanites and gamma irradiation were added to the mix that the alterations did anything.
>>
>>82700802

David, the father did experiments on himself and then had a son. So David was genetically altered prior to seeding his wife. Bruce is a 2nd generation experiment.

Bruce was then hit with the recovering cell gamma device and survived, and because of the prior experiments and his rage, the cells would reacting under stress and overload into the hulk

David was more open in his insanity and his cells were constantly reacting. He tries to gamma bomb himself too and being first generation and the experiments on him, his cells recovery rate is very very very high and uses environment for replication. There's no overload of repair response like with the hulk.

Neither experiment worked as desired. Davids absorbing was not intended and Hulks overload was too much. They wanted a medium between them.
>>
>>82700802
>the Hulk but what the fuck inside of Bruce's old man made him start absorbing shit?
The movie showed that he was experimenting on animals like starfishes that can regrow body parts and adapt to environments

>Also didn't they imply Bruce was experimented on as a child or am I remembering that from another plot?
It's a bit convoluted, but basically dad experimented on himself, but after that he impregnated his wife so Bruce was "tainted" with fucked up DNA. At first dad was scared, but curiosity overwhelmed him so he kept making some injections on baby Bruce to try understand how he worked. Then later the gamma accident triggered the complete transformation in adult Bruce
>>
>>82700500
You know what? After reading this, I actually like this explanation for his color. I guess that maybe the fact it looks like cgi looks a little dated by today's standards is what throws me off. I liked the size of him too.
>>
>>82700877
You think the party the characters had in the movie was Whedon throwing himself a party? The fuck?
>>
I was 13 when it came out, it made me never want to watch a super hero movie again in my life.
Even then I knew hulk dogs were retarded, and I couldn't understand what white people saw in Jennifer Connelly-- this was before I saw Requiem for a Dream tho.
>>
>>82700877
I don't think you know how metaphors work.
>>
>>82701151
No, you imbecile. He wasn't referring to an in-movie party at all.
>>
>>82695607
Yep, but then again, it's Ang Lee not John Woo
>>
File: troi.jpg (79 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
troi.jpg
79 KB, 694x530
>>82701151
>doesnt know what metaphors and hyperbole's are

fuck, sorry, didnt know you were a retard
>>
File: .webm (277 KB, 704x392) Image search: [Google]
.webm
277 KB, 704x392
>>
>>82701266

Alright, explain then mr.english teacher, how wheddon throwing a party in the movie cannot be seen as a metaphor for him congratulating himself? Also, please explain it without disagreeing with the metaphor, your opinion on it isn't relevant.
>>
>>82701288
Then what party was he referring to?

>>82701416
The in-movie party gets broken up by ultron attacking, so if we accept your metaphor Whedon is really saying he celebrated too early and he really fucked up.
>>
>>82699685
>He really showed rage the right way.

This.

;_;
>>
>>82701572

>Also, please explain it without disagreeing with the metaphor

You could have just not replied, you'd have looked less stupid. It IS a metaphor, you just don't agree WITH the metaphor, bid difference dum-dum.
>>
>>82701662
I didn't give you my opinion on the metaphor.
>>
>>82701416
>explain then mr.english teacher, how wheddon throwing a party in the movie cannot be seen as a metaphor for him congratulating himself?

Besides the fact that the party ends with birth of the movie's villain who deconstructs the movie's heroes while calling them failures which destroys any semblance of the party being self-congratulatory?
Well ESOL-san, except for Hawkguy the overarcing theme of all the protagonists is literally self-doubt and absurdism, in which one can even ascribe to the film being a metaphor about Joss's time at Marvel with each Avengers arc representing a different facet of his opinion towards his time there or even different directors.

Also on the meta, Joss was very aware he made a shit movie. He knew before it came out which is why he resigned from IW before its first screening.
>>
File: evans_mouth.jpg (17 KB, 331x362) Image search: [Google]
evans_mouth.jpg
17 KB, 331x362
>>82701784
>>
>>82701662
No one said it wasn't a metaphor, just that you didn't really know how they worked.
You've done little to dispel that theory so far, bud.
>>
File: 1450133994142-v.jpg (24 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1450133994142-v.jpg
24 KB, 496x499
>>82701929
>>
>>82701891
What's so terrible about AoU again? I just remember thinking it was too long and there were too many one-liners. It wasn't awful though, I didn't hate it.
>>
>>82700802

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Daddy Banner experimented on himself before impregnating Mommy Banner.
>>
>>82702291
The plot outline isn't too bad, just a lot of the dialog was fucking terrible. Like when everyone confronts Tony about creating Uktron and he just laughs. The fact that he just laughs was bad enough but the laugh itself seemed so forced and unnatural. Executionnwas just fucked the whole way through.
>>
I liked the concept of Hulk getting bigger the angrier he got; wasn't he as big as a house at one point?
>>
I liked it but remember thinking it didn't have much rewatchability. After the BvS reviews started coming out I hoped it would at least be Hulk tier.
>>
>>82697471
Under rated post.
>>
>>82697906
well he's a big guy
>>
I watch the Hulk to watch him get mad and clobber shit, not to watch some boring-ass psychological daddy issue melodrama about a man who injected himself with the DNA of a bunch of animals and passed it to his son who watched his dad kill his mom which made him repress his emotions and he gets zapped by a gamma cage full of nanites while his dad becomes a lame ripoff of a lame Thor villain.

Also, Hulk poodle.
>>
>>82695631
Yes, and Jennifer Connely actually looks like a scientist.
>>
>>82696285
You piece of shit.
>>
>>82697006
I did too, I'm still confused by it even to this day.
>>
>>82695420
>mfw I creamed my pants when I saw who was playing Ross
I loved the movie as a whole, but I was in middle school at the time, so my standards weren't exactly high when it came to superhero movies. It was a fun movie to watch, so I have no complaints against the movie.
>>
Why is the whole movie whispered?
>>
>>82702768
in both avengers everyone agrees with tony within two sentences
>>
>>82696496
>maybe zimmer
This bait mate. Though I wonder how influential Hans' collaborators are, since he always uses them like in TDK, BvS etc.
>>
>>82710430
I suppose you can look at the work they've done without Zimmer
>>
>>82710613
Ah, deduction by process of elimination. Capital, Holmes!
>>
>>82695420

I quite liked it. But then I really like the idea that the Hulk is a manifestation of Banner's trauma and helplessness causing him to dissociate and create a figure that is just mindless, impervious violence.

I have to admit I even like the idea of the Hulk mutation being an inheritance from his father. Cycle of abuse and all that shit. Also because you'd kind of expect that when Banner confronts his father, he's now stronger. Nope. The source of Banner's abusive childhood has superpowers of his own.

I also think that if it had been made a few years later, I don't know how long it might take to get out of the uncanny valley, it would be appreciated more for its visual style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzceykTiwjs

As people have said, parts of it were silly, but i love this sequence. It's a relatively quiet way to demonstrate just how powerful Hulk is. He's so strong that he can't actually run at full strength, his legs just kick him free of the ground.
>>
>>82711168
It would have been perfect in comic book form
>>
>>82701891
I feel like I've seen this before.
>>
>>82699249
Tony fucking shows up at the end

Bruce mentions that he "wrecked Harlem" in the Avengers

General Ross was literally just in Civil War

Don't be retarded
>>
>>82711509

I don't know. It's kind off odd that the comic book industry is basically a writers room for the film industry. I agree that with the right artist it would have made a brilliant comic.
>>
>>82698675
I think the problem is that it's trying to explore somewhere where there isn't enough depth. Bruce's character is worth some exploration, but not a whole movie's worth just to keep retreading the notion "Ohhhhhh, what have I become? I've lost my humanity! I'm a danger to everyone!". It's not that the message was hard to process, it's actually that it was too easy, and the movie just harped on it for 2 hours.

I had a similar problem with Civil War, actually. Almost every expository/dialogue scene was characters mired in self-doubt over whether or not they're doing the right thing. This is made a million times worse when the audience fucking knows that they're doing the right thing because the Sokovia Accords are one of the most retarded plot points in history.
>>
>>82695420
Best Banner
Best Betty
Hated the shit with his dad and the poodles kek
Too ambitious for its own good also everybody whispers in this movie like all the time.
>>
>>82695464
>I liked it, up until the end fight.

What this guy said. That ending blew balls. Up until then, it had been a pretty badass movie, but it seemed like they ran out of budget or something and had the huge climactic battle be this dark confusing mess with no characters on the screen.

Fuck, the Absorbing Man was...pretty terrible all the way through. But the Hulk and Betty were pretty damn awesome.
>>
>>82695563
Underrated post.
>>
>>82700900
It makes sense because it's a loosely based sequel.
>>
I thought it was okay, but I remember 9 year old me wishing for more Hulk smash

I rewatched it on Syfy channel a few years ago and I actually liked the psychological themes of the movie.

I'd have to agree it was a little too long and some of the cgi in the dog fight and desert scene have aged like goat milk
>>
>>82695506
I had the bootleg version as a kid and it was an early cut where the cg weren't completely done and it looked like shit to me and I thought that's just how it looked
>>
>>82696496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVBEDz2jn0E
Michael Giacchino was also god tier in The Incredibles
>>
>>82695420
Only thing I disliked about it was the cheesy forced "comic-book" panels/look, especially in the scene where Talbot dies.
>>
>>82699239
That's the best moment in the entire film.
https://youtu.be/cxPusnz0eas?t=2m32s
>>
>>82695839
>>82695941
Thirded
>>
>>82695420

I still prefer it over the remake.
>>
>>82695420
Best superhero movie ever made yet. The story, the pace, the characters, editing, all done with care and thought.

CGI might look a bit aged now, but the motion capture and the implementation into the cinematograpy is top notch.

Also based Nick Nolte's based last monlogue.
>>
Very flawed. Had certain elements that I really liked, but on the whole I consider it a failure. Worthy of cult classic status though.
The Norton Hulk was an objectively better movie but it definitely took a much safer approach, so it had a lot less to lose.
Still, Ruffalo is the best Hulk we've had.
>>
>>82695420
A failure but a very admirable one that legitimately tried to do something with a superhero film that wasn't just an action blockbuster.

Would have been a much better film is it was made 10 years later with newer technology.
>>
>>82695420
>tfw you hated the dog fight in the film because it was too dark to see what was going on
>tfw someone uploaded the scene in 4K and it's actually a really good scene when you can see what's going on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-s_N017KFM
>>
>>82696022
Similar desu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh9HI4eudR8
>>
>>82723323
Shit son that's actually pretty good
>He busts the dog's jaw by flexing
Brutal
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 335x180) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 335x180
2003 hulk was definitely the sexiest live action hulk to date, he has such a 'fresh daddy' look to him. 2003 also had the best transformation screens hands down.

when will Marvel realize that people like seeing Banner turn into Hulk? They should really invest more of their cgi budget into transformation scenes, since they leave a more powerful impact on the audience.
>>
File: 1461848528985.jpg (15 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1461848528985.jpg
15 KB, 413x395
>>82695563
>>
File: hulk-2003.jpg (88 KB, 1280x766) Image search: [Google]
hulk-2003.jpg
88 KB, 1280x766
>>82695420
Take it! TAKE IT ALL!
>>
File: you just watch me go.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
you just watch me go.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
I'll go!
You just watch me go!
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.