[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit, can we talk about how RDJ knocked this movie out of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
Holy shit, can we talk about how RDJ knocked this movie out of the park? The guy practically stole the show every second he was in the scene.

This is the first time I've been looking forward to more Stark in the MCU since Iron Man 1. RDJ's fucking great when he's playing a serious character and not le quip man.
>>
File: Disguting shit.png (177 KB, 672x562) Image search: [Google]
Disguting shit.png
177 KB, 672x562
>>82635247
>>
>RDJ
>Not a great quip man
I know everyone here got tired of him but there's a reason Iron Man was so successful.
>>
i have to admit, the serious tony was refreshing and RDJ played him really well. alcoholism when?
>>
>>82635247

The movie had a number of good performances.

Just enough humor to not let the movie get mired in its own darkness, serious without being edgy, fantastic without being cartoonish.

Quippy Avengers movies might not have been the winning strategy before this, but I think its fair to say that Civil War wouldnt have packed the same punch if it didn't carry that weight of 'shit just got real' from the tone shift.
>>
>>82635247
His delivery of I don't care. He killed my mom. gave me chills
>>
RDJ, Steve, Black Panther and Ant-Man were all great. I loved spider man as well(how he was written) but holy fuck he looked so fake it broke my suspension of disbelief. he was like a cartoon come to life
>>
>>82635247
I guess it felt like he practically stole the show because he literally forced himself into the show and stole it from Chris Evans.
>>
>>82635398
oh, there was supposed to be a civil war without iron man?
>>
>>82635366
Is it just me or is all of the CG in these movies getting worse and worse?

Well, specifically AoU looked the worst. This movie was slightly better, but only slightly.
>>
>>82635438
why even have a CG spidey suit?
>>
>>82635318
That was good as shit
I can even forgive that at that point he had been told explicitly by Zemo that his plan was to make them fight
>>
>>82635247
Reminder that if RDJ hadn't jewed himself into Cap 3 we wouldn't have gotten Civil War at all.
>>
>>82635452
I think in this case they may have literally done it so set photos wouldn't spoil it
>>
>>82635418
There was never going to be a Civil War at all until Marvel felt the need to compete with BvS.
>>
>>82635530
well then thank god they did.
>>
>>82635530
Compete with what?
>>
>>82635438
Young Tony was fucking impressive. I felt the same way about Young Hank Pym.

I don't know how they fucked up so monumentally on the scenes with Tony having his helmet off while wearing his armor. It just looks so bad. OP's image is the only time it works.
>>
I don't get where they go from here? i mean who the fuck is even left to fight thanos, they're all missing or in jail or fugitives. no more iron man movies, no more cap movies, how will they reassemble by infinity war
>>
File: 1431036742910.jpg (277 KB, 634x905) Image search: [Google]
1431036742910.jpg
277 KB, 634x905
>>82635530
Well fuck at least there's one positive thing to come from BvS.
>>
>>82635558
No. The Cap "trilogy" turned out to be 2 Cap movies and one Avengers 2.5 movie.

I want an actual Captain America sequel.

>>82635559
Compete with BvS like I said. And I get what point you're trying to make but I'm ignoring it.
>>
>>82635591
>no more iron man movies, no more cap movies
Evans is in talks to sign on for more Cap films and RDJ did say in an interview that he feels like he has one more Iron Man in him.
>>
>>82635591
The final few minutes already shows them making up. Steve even shows up to take his friends out of jail.

The whole movie was fucking pointless.
>>
>>82635398
the russos did it... they beg RDJ to be in the movie
>>
>>82635630
Just because Steve apologized doesn't mean the rest of his team did. Especially Wanda or Clint or Scott. An they're fugitives and will remain so for a while.
>>
>spidey gets rekt by cap
>iron man gets rekt by cap

how fucking strong is this cap
>>
>>82635683
Spidey was inexperienced and Stark had a broken suit/fighting two people

Cap is actually not that strong compared to those two
>>
>>82635671
For a while yeah. It won't last. This felt like an episode of a cartoon where everything just goes back to status quo at the end.

Then again the comics did the same thing.
>>
>>82635683
Strong as FREEDOM itself, son.
>>
>>82635671
Technically, that's kind of their own fault, not Stark's. Don't know what beef Clint is supposed to have with him other than a childish "It's everybody's fault but my own!" mentality.

Wanda maybe I can understand but after being locked up on the Raft, she should probably have a better idea of what Stark meant when he said he was trying to protect her. Sure, it sucked and he's an asshole for not telling her, but he did it so the guvmint wouldn't put her in a straight jacket and collar in fear of her powers.
>>
So what is Cap's new, Wakandan shield going to have on it? A hammer and sickle?
>>
Every time they show the inside view of his helmet where he's looking at the integrated UI it looks awkward as there is no way there is that much space between his face and the faceplate.
>>
>>82635756
Ever put on an Oculus? When we go in the helmet we're seeing what Tony sees in an Oculus kind of way, except from the front
>>
>>82635756
It's supposed to be representative of what he's seeing in the HUD while also giving an excuse to show the actor's face without taking off the helmet.
>>
>>82635683
He's getting stronger every movie.
By Avengers 5 he's going to be Superman strong.
>>
>>82635683
Iron Man was clearly stronger and only lost because he wasn't willing to use lethal force and fou guy t both him and Bucky at the same time. And Spiderman has lost to CA in the comics before. In this movie he seems clearly superior to CA in strength (e.g. effortlessly overpowering Bucky with one arm), but still very inexperienced as a result of being 15.
>>
>>82635247
What's funny is, CW was supposed to shit all over RDJ. It was intentionally rewritten to do so after RDJ asked for more screen time. His contract with Marvel was up, and they told him that the success of this movie determines his future with Marvel. If it does well, it's because of him. If it flops, it's because of him.

Marvel wants nothing to do with RDJ now that his contract is up, but RDJ isn't ready to stop being a super hero.
>>
>>82635730
it was cap who broke his suit in the first place though
>>
>>82635814
Wasn't it Stark not wanting to give up being a hero that made Piper leave him in the MCU?

Jesus, the writers hate him more than they do Spider-man.
>>
>>82635812
It was cool to see iron man scanning cap's moves, but i kinda wanted cap to then start improvising fighting moves so iron man can't copy them. instead he just sort of uses brute power

also anyone else love that whole exchange between cap and spidey?
>"you got heart, kid? where you from?"
>queens
>brooklyn

i dunno, it was such a cap thing to say
>>
>>82635834
Still, if Stark was trying to kill both, or if he was fighting one on one with either, he comes out on top. Especially when he gives FRIDAY control of the suit
>>
>>82635683

Spidey got physics against him, all he did was ry to web Cap. A more experienced Spidey would've kicked Cap's ass.

Tony lost because he wanted to fist fight two people, one of them with a vibranium shield, when clearly his thing is flying and shooting lasers.
>>
>>82635890
>i dunno, it was such a cap thing to say
Because it's pottery, the exact some exchange happens in the first CA movie.
>>
>>82635890
>i dunno, it was such a cap thing to say
I think because it showed there wasn't animosity from him towards Spiderman, like other circumstances would've resulted in sharing pizza and non-alcoholic drinks together.
>>
>>82635920
"i can do this all day" was pottery as well. god i love mcu cap, he's the best parts of comic cap without the high horse arrogance.
>>
>Steve's most famous speech in comic history is given by Peggy

jesus is there no end to peggy shilling
>>
>>82635810
>yfw Cap single-handedly beat Thanos in Infinity War
>>
>>82635463
He doesn't care he killed his mom
>>
>>82636072
why was howard stark recast? there was no need to have an old mad men guy when the flashbacks were in the past, they could have just given the other guy some grey hairs
>>
>>82635630
He's illegally breaking them out, not just walking up to the front desk and ordering up a set of Avengers
>>
>>82635814
>Marvel wants nothing to do with RDJ now that his contract is up
And how do they expect to do phase infinity war without him?

It's not like replacing norton after one lacklustre film with ruffalo, this is the guy that started the fucking franchise.
>>
>>82635247
I thought he was really good, but in the scene where the Avengers are discussing the accords his line delivery is so weird. He says everything in a way that makes it really annoying, and maybe this is just autism on my part but idk
Like the way he says "while we were busy KICKING ASS"
>>
>>82636153
The original plan was to kill him off in CW, if I remember correctly.
>>
File: whatifa.jpg (143 KB, 640x625) Image search: [Google]
whatifa.jpg
143 KB, 640x625
>>82636027
>no you move is Cap's most famous speech
Bzzzzt, try again
>>
>>82636100
Mad Man was Howard Stark first in Iron Man 2
>>
>>82636149
Don't be dense. Steve shows up out of costume. He just walks up to the cell and him and Sam just smile at each other. You really think a prison break would be that casual?
>>
>>82636155
god that thing was so stupid. and fucking ross too.

>new york
>washington DC
>sokovia

i just wanted steve to tell him maybe the military would have done a better job-oh no wait there would be no planet earth had they depended on "thunderbolt" ross. fucking seriously, like it's the avengers fault an alien army invaded new york.

how the fuck were they supposed to stop all collateral damage, it's not like any of them is superman for gods sake
>>
>>82636100
The one in this movie was the original Howard Stark actor from Iron Man 2. He was cast before the one in Captain America.
>>
>>82636181
That's really stupid plan holy shit how would disney ever sign off on killing part of the great cow that keeps on giving.
One part, but an integral part.
>>
>>82636181
If you remember what? Faraci's insider info?
>>
>>82636239
Disney doesn't need a reason to be retarded with their decisions.
>>
>>82635466
t. Ike Perlmutter
>>
>>82636220
>You really think a prison break would be that casual?
If you have black widow disabling everything behind the scene to get capt to that point, yeah, pretty fucking casual.

It's a prison in the middle of the sea on a submersible island. Comic book movie.

Don't think about it too hard.
>>
>>82636282
Money is a reason, their only reason, for doing anything.
Don't think they could be that retarded.
>>
>>82636203
>>82636236
i stand corrected. and i don't even want to know why the fuck you remember iron man 2

and what is up with the women in the mcu

>herp derp Jane is mysteriously gone
>herp derp Piper is mysteriously gone
>Sharon appears and disappears randomly

stop casting famous actresses as love interests if you can't get them back-and WHY can't you get them back, you're like the most lucrative franchise in the world
>>
>>82636291
>black widow disabling everything behind the scene
She's a fucking fugitive too, you idiot. She helped Steve escape. She's on the run.
>>
>>82635318
>tony says "so was i" in a bitter biting tone in the movie, not a forlorn one
fuck, that got me
>>
>>82635247
No he was sad quipman. He hasn't been allowed to play anything other than quipman under the mouse. This was very much quipman even with the pen comment.
>>
>>82635438
there are so many times where the CG was noticeably bad.

1. crossbone's wild ride garbage truck peeling out in an overly animated fashion
2. cap falling out of the window of the disease control place
3. panther's triple kick
4. most shots of tony without his helmet
>>
>>82636304
Guess again. Remember when they canned MotorCity, even though it would have been a huge cash cow with kids? And the same with TRON: Uprising. They bitched that the show wasn't reaching it's target demographic on a sunday midnight timeslot, so it wasn't even worth trying to sell toys.
>>
>>82636153
I actually liked Norton. Ruffalo is definitely a better fit, but Norton had a certain charm to him-- more than Eric Bana, anyway.
>>
>>82635751
a man laughing mirthfully, grasping upon his own breast
>>
>>82635566
Young Tony used up 90% of their CG budget
>>
>>82636390
well you know, several roles have been recast by now, makes me wonder if they can just James Bond the MCU. just cast a new cap who is the same cap for example.
>>
>>82636316
>i don't even want to know why the fuck you remember iron man 2

I'm not a goldfish

>>82636220
YOU stop being dense. Before the shot of him walking up to Sam's cell there was a shot of the prison guards knocked out and the monitors flickering. As Stark was reading the letter he got a call from Ross raving about a problem at the prison.

>>82636221
Plus the Avengers were specifically assembled by SHIELD for New York, and knocking out the helicarriers in DC was a plan crafted by Fury's people, carried out with his permission. Neither of those were instances of the Avengers acting alone.
>>
>>82636324
How? They were never friends! Ever! Just teammates for a while.
>>
>>82636220
steve beat the fuck out of all the raft guards
>>
>>82636458
And Stark was the one who kept being a dick to Cap at every turn prior to this movie. Cap doesn't owe him shit.
>>
>>82636446
>Before the shot of him walking up to Sam's cell there was a shot of the prison guards knocked out and the monitors flickering. As Stark was reading the letter he got a call from Ross raving about a problem at the prison.
So Steve masterminds a prisonbreak just to chill in the front of Sam's cell. Brilliant cinema.
>>
>>82636322
Yeah retard. What does an infiltrator do but infiltrate a prison in order to facilitate a break?

Use your imagination if you have one.
Shit.
>>
>>82636458
you underestimate the power of tony stark's ego

in his eyes, he and cap were friends
>>
>>82636493
When has Widow shown the mental capacity to hack Stark security?
>>
>>82636221
>>82636446
Ross also conveniently forgets the military ordered a nuclear strike on fucking Manhattan
>>
>>82636458
>!
Fuck off
>>
>>82636491
you're fucking retarded. do you literally require every moment to be explicitly stated to you?

do you need them to put a big fucking A and a big fucking B on the screen and then have them connect the motherfucking DOTS?

prison break off-screen, cap's team exfils to wakanda, bucky put on ice, anti-accords avengers in hiding
>>
>>82636511
1. Stark didn't make the prison. He tells Hawkeye he didn't know about it.

2. She displayed some computer skills in Winter Soldier, who knows
>>
File: Robert-Downey-Jr-in-Iron-Man.jpg (100 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Robert-Downey-Jr-in-Iron-Man.jpg
100 KB, 1200x600
And now a man who needs no introduction, whose deeds speak more than any speech ever could.

A man who enjoys building maniacal homicidal robots, throwing good-hearted heroes in prison cells and straight jackets, and alcoholism to deal with the pain of being a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist... Tony Stark!

Fuck Tony. Dude can never accept anyone else's viewpoint if it conflicts with his own.
>>
>>82636220
We see a shot of guards in the prison knocked out before Cap walks up to Sam.
It wasn't because they threw a raucous kegger to celebrate.
>>
>>82636511
Don't need to hack stark security when the human element is the weakest.
>>
>>82636430
It's ambiguous whether James Bond is the same Bond these days, but I take your point.
>>
>>82636316
Natalie Portman wanted out after her Oscar

Don't know about Gwyneth Paltrow
>>
>>82636520
>muh board culture
I can think of nothing more pathetic to give a shit about.
>>
>>82636573
you type like a choade though
>>
>>82636406
And it looked fucking terrible. But I liked that young Tony used so much eyeliner.
>>
>>82636576
I'm not even them, but regardless, who cares?
>>
>>82636569
>Don't know about Gwyneth Paltrow
I think she wanted in but they couldn't find the time.
She's like the reverse of Portman.
>>
>>82636569
wanted money

and or marvel was done dealing with her

no big loss, the love interests of the MCU have all sucked shit so far

jane foster was a terrible character and pepper was only fun when she was his secretary and not his ball and chain. remember that bit in IM2 where tony and pepper sat ringside to watch black widow beat the snot out of jon favreau? that was an actual fun moment
>>
>>82636541
>enjoys building maniacal homicidal robots
Was not happy with what happened with Ultron. If the entire movie wasn't clear on that. It's not like he was trying to make an evil robot.

>throwing good-hearted heroes in prison cells and straight jackets
Actual war criminals who were knowingly acting in direct opposition to a bill signed and ratified by the United Nations

>and alcoholism
He beat his alcoholism by the end of Iron Man 2

Clint pls go
>>
>>82636541
>A man who enjoys building maniacal homicidal robots
you mean ROBOT (singular)

and he only did that because of the actions of one of those """"""""""""good-hearted"""""""""""" heroes
>>
>>82636587
because then i have to read his post
>>
>>82636614
>knowingly acting in direct opposition to a bill signed and ratified by the United Nations
You mean like governments do all the time?
>>
>>82635814
Source?
>>
>>82636614
>Actual war criminals

They weren't at war

> who were knowingly acting in direct opposition to a bill signed and ratified by the United Nations

In order to stop a guy who had just bombed the UN and who had the location of half a dozen super soldiers.
>>
>>82636532
Show, don't tell. That's the #1 rule of visual story.
>>
>>82636657
maybe the UN should sanction the avengers with their army

OH WAIT
>>
Honestly, i just want a vision/wanda sex scene.
>>
>>82636627
Dude, shut the fuck up. Reply to people who interest you, not the ones who commit minor faux pas.
Fucking autist.
>>
>>82636694
Hes too autistic
>>
>>82636691
And yet, they showed you that he beat up all the guards and you somehow missed it. You sound like one of those guys who needs to be told.
>>
>>82636691
And they were showing, not telling.
You're definitely an idiot.
>>
>>82636691
your rule gets superseded by another rule: cut out tedious unnecessary bullshit
>>
>>82636569
Her contract was also up after IM3, they opted not to bring her in and used the breakup write off as a way to set Tony up as a vulnerable man who lost the only stability he had in his life.
>>
>>82636611
Portman is just difficult.
Yeah she missed the Avengers because of pregnet but she's just over it.
>>
>>82636657
>>82636692
well the technology in this world is futuristic so it's either slightly in the future or a slightly alternate earth. clearly the UN in this world isn't as ineffectual and useless as ours
>>
>>82636701
what if his fucking stupid typing quirks interest me?

i really want to get to know him better.
>>
>>82636721
It's unnecessary to show a prison break during a prison break?
>>
>>82636737
We have no evidence that the UN is effective at all
>>
>>82636614
>acting in direct opposition to a bill signed and ratified by the United Nations
>the UN
lmao like anyone gives a shit
hydra is less corrupt and more useful than the un, in film or irl could ever be
>>
>>82636744
Well, don't let me get in the way of young love.
>>
>>82636747
it's unnecessary to show a prison break when you've already shown all the FUCKING GUARDS KNOCKED OUT AND NO ALARMS BEING SOUNDED
>>
>>82636747
Snartfags pls
>>
>>82636027
>Steve's most infamous speech in comic history is given by Peggy

FTFY
>>
>>82636737
because of wakanda. no one wants to piss off wakanda
>>
>>82636744
Then trade numbers and fuck off back to twitter or facebook and stop cancering up /co/ more than it already is. Stupid faggot.
>>
>>82636573
>>82636701
reddit tier comments
8/10
>>
>>82636737
>clearly the UN in this world isn't as ineffectual and useless as ours

>Tony shows Ross the evidence that someone intentionally framed Bucky for the UN bombing, then impersonated the psychiatrist to get close to him
>"hurr I dontq care"

MCU UN has Ross. They're worse if anything.
>>
>>82636747
Did you want them to show Cap opening every cell and the Avengers walking out to the Wakandan Quintet?
>>
>>82636747
it was implied
sorry if your autism doesn't allow you to suspend your disbelief about a missing next 5 mins of a comic book movie
best you get back to masturbating over technical manuals about fictional worlds
>>
>>82636731
>Heeeeeeeeeey Ms Paltrow
>We found your replacement!
>>
>>82636781
how is pointing out stupid shit in any way worse than doing said stupid shit in the first place?
>>
>>82636611
>the love interests of the MCU have all sucked shit so far

Don't talk shit about based Peggy.
>>
>>82636768
Not to mention Ross bitching to Tony about prison probs.
There's no cure for his kind of retardation. Just ignore.
>>
>>82636789
wrestling tier writing
>>
>>82636794
Apparently.
Faggot needs to see the characters taking shits and eating too, other wise
>hurr how are they aliv?
>>
>>82636803
yes please.
>>
>>82636803
i want may to walk in on peter and get a face full of web

>>82636813
in the MCU, peggy kissed cap once and then got alzheimers. tv shows don't factor into the movie, regardless of how big hayley's atwells are.
>>
>>82636813
Didn't mind Peggy.
Pepper desu isn't too bad. Maybe it's because she's actually had more screen time than the others in order to flesh her out. She's not annoying.
Jane is annoying and just not believable. As always Portman's wooden Pamedala acting ruins every scene she's in.
Can't even remember how Liv Tyler was.
Hope I'm neutral towards. Didn't piss me off. Didn't really care.
Does Natasha count a as love interest?
>>
>>82636794
>>82636798
Yeah glossing over important events is perfectly fine when Marvel does it.
>>
>>82636625
This.

People tend to forget their "#1 Waifu" was not only directly involved in the creation of UItron, she actively helped him hurt people.
>>
>>82636910
This is not a sincere post.
>>
>>82636848
She didn't get a lot of screen time if we're just looking at the movies, but she was still cool in CA:TFA and Ant-Man. And we know she founded SHIELD. That's enough to like her.
>>
>>82636896
If Natasha counts as Bruce's love interest then she's the worst of the worst.
>>
>>82636928
She was a really cool character, I agree. Just sorta got shafted by the whole time progression.

Her introduction in TFA was excellent.

>Gets disrespected
>Step forward, private.
>Okay little lady.
POW right in the kisser
>>
File: 1385763492126.jpg (87 KB, 716x960) Image search: [Google]
1385763492126.jpg
87 KB, 716x960
>>82636910
>taking a shit
>important event
>>
>>82636910
Are you just annoyed that you keep getting BTFO'ed because you didn't pay attention to basic shit?
>>
>>82636611

Kat Dennings needs to replace Natalie as Thor's love interest. Complete with a cleavage-revealing outfit.
>>
>>82635318
The shield line got me.
>>
>>82637006
For you, was it because Tony was totally justified in that?
>>
>>82636984
Kat Denning's incredible chest as well as actual personality would be a welcome change of pace for a female lead. I would even be fine with, and perhaps prefer, it's just Thor and Darcy go on weird Other Realm adventures. No need to shoehorn love into it. She gets to go see all these strange dangerous and interesting places and he gets confused by "hashtags."

Turn Thor movies into Hellboy movies is what I'm saying.
>>
>>82636958
at least she has her own TV series, one that the movies are more willing to acknowledge than AOS/Netflix shit
>>
>>82636962
What?
>>
I don't get if Black Panther is superhuman? I mean is he at Cap's level, because some of the shit he does can't be explained by martial arts. or is that the vibranium suit?
>>
>>82637144
Bitches don't even KNOW bout my heart-shaped herb
>>
>Give me back my Rhodey!
I love how the movie showed that Tony and Rhodes are still best buds, especially with that double punch they gave Scott.
>>
I loved how cap wrote him a nice letter and he forgave everything in the end.
>>
>>82637144
This >>82637167

>>82637190
I fucking loved that Tony kept his promise to Ross
>>
>>82637190
>Tony forgave him.
Yeah, no. Tony probably understands why Cap did what he did, but its still gonna be awhile until they're really friends again.
>>
>>82637167
yeah that's what i'm saying, i don't know if this version is supposed to be enhanced or if the suit is what's giving him the extra strength
>>
>>82636747
Jesus christ, guy. It's implied and not shown to give the audience that kind of mystery/build up/cliffhanger.
>>
>>82637224
Well they were never really friends to begin with, so it seems like absolutely nothing happened.
>>
>>82637225
I'm pretty sure BP himself is strong, since he was able to kick Bucky's WS mode with relative ease
>>
>>82637270
They were friends, not best friends, but still friends. You can tell that they were both happy to be on the same side again when they were searching for Zemo together.
>>
>>82637006
Me too anon. Poor guy was so miserable.
>>
>>82637037
It's not the justification. Just the flow of the events. His dad did make the shield and now it was used to smash him and protect the "murderer" of his father. I can see where both parties were coming from.
>>
>>82635814
I call this bullshit.
>>
>>82637190
>forgave
Stark? Nah.
>>
>>82635591
Secret Avengers kick ass with Cap leading the charge holding a new Wakandan shield. Normal Avengers suck peens. Thor and Hulk come home after they all get fucking decimated by Thanos when he kills Vision for his stone. Next we all rally
behind Cap when he lifts meowmeow and says "Avengers Assemble!" for the first fuckign time and boners burst into wet spots before we all collapse with a bit of regret over the whole thing being over
>>
>>82635591
Infinity War 1 will be about Thanos gathering the stones, and ends with the snap
>>
>>82636304
Anon, the guy is either baiting you or is genuinely stupid, nothing was ever said about Tony dying in CW, or that he was supposed to be a complete villain
>>
>>82637477
I think I read that Infinity 1 regards the team tries to get together and overcome the old disagreements

Infinity 2 will be on space against Thanos
>>
>>82636221
Plus Wanda's handling of the bomb is what finally sparked all of the events in the movie (he was probably just waiting for another mistake) but how would them being under UN order change shit? If they didn't get sent a madman gets set free to do whatever the fuck they want and if they were allowed to go the same exact shit would have happened. And I'm sure the avengers probably would have just gotten thrown under the bus in that situation, either that or told to bend over backwards to make amends.
>>
File: Slow-mo - color corrected.webm (3 MB, 1280x569) Image search: [Google]
Slow-mo - color corrected.webm
3 MB, 1280x569
>>
>>82637727
Best fucking part.
>>
>>82637727
>actually using scenery as panels
Snyder take note
>>
>>82637820
You're picking on the one thing Snyder does well, man.
>>
>>82637842
He'll adapt scenes from the books, but it's just the scenes, not the actual structure of a comic
>>
>>8263>>82636316

Nobody cares about those girls. More dumb chicks = less Spider-man.
>>
>>82637945
What is Spider-man without girl drama?
>>
>>82637995
Spider-Man Loves Mary-Jane is the greatest comic series of all time.
>>
>>82637906
I meant framing/blocking/whatever it is, I can't keep up.

It's actually the one thing the Russos do the worst out of all the phase 3 MCU directors. Gunn's pretty good, Reed wasn't that bad, Waititi is fucking great, etc...

The Russos show a bit of their TV-work. Meaning they can manage their time very well, they don't shoot superfluous stuff to cut later, and they know how to squeeze character out of everything from the dialogue to the fighting. But they are also fairly weak at making things actually look good beyond TV-good.

That flashback scene from Tony was pretty good, though, and it's never as offensively bad as Avengers 1.

Maybe with the Avengers' budget/schedule they can manage it better. The cinematographer that worked on GotG was the same as AoU and he made Whedon's shit look half-decent, so there's hope.
>>
>>82638086
>cinematographer
the one for CW also did TWS, and will soon do both Infinity Wars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Opaloch
>>
>>82637006
>Cap actually leaves it there

A+ moment.
>>
>>82638158
Eh, I prefer the dude from GotG, although some of that might be Gunn's eye. He's pretty good at it.

Although, cosmic Marvel is very pretty and full of colours and nebulas so it's pretty easy to make look good. Heck, Thor 2 looks beautiful. The Russos straight wanted to ground Cap's movies, but have already said they'll differ their approach to the cosmic stuff, so I'm not too worried, just curious.
>>
>>82636221
Reminder that the military solution in New York was to nuke the entire city, which the avengers stopped
>>
>>82638209
>although some of that might be Gunn's eye
that cinematographer is doing Doctor Strange, so we'll see
>>
>>82636916
Black Panther did no such thing
>>
>THAT SHIELD DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU as he lies bloody and broken
crying irl
>>
>>82635683
They've basically turned him into Golden Age Superman minus being bulletproof. He's way stronger than comic Cap.
>>
Does Black Panther have diplomatic immunity when operating as a "hero"? He was never an avenger, so he doesn't actually have to follow the accord, right?
>>
File: 1388261568792.jpg (456 KB, 656x732) Image search: [Google]
1388261568792.jpg
456 KB, 656x732
What sort of motorcycle do you think Bucky rides?
>>
>>82638466
Probably
What i think is, unless he actually signed the Accords, being part of Stark's (or is Ross considered the boss?) special force he must've been granted special rights to be free to fight legally
>>
>>82638536
I don't know but I can give him something else to ride on
my bike
>>
>>82638359
In theory yes. In practice, comic book "peak humans" are so overpowered that there's little effective difference.
>>
>>82636583
That's actually just how young-RDJ looked.
>>
>>82636747
You're the guy who watches Birdemic and thinks "Thank god they showed him finding a parking spot before he got out of the car."
>>
>>82635834
And Wanda, and Clint, and Ant-man, and Bucky.

Shit was wrecked up before it was just the 3 of then.
>>
File: 1462739047268.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1462739047268.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>82639489
>who watches Birdemic
>>
>>82635683
>tfw no more AHHH Tony help me
>>
>>82635300
Iron man 2
>>
>>82635398
>>82635466
This
He perfectly knew he had no more solos left and with the critical success of TWS this Jew knew there was nothing stopping him from forcing himself into a movie
And don't pretend CW was planned long way back. There is no logic in writing a huge Avengers crossover movie in a single character's solo sequel

I'm still shocked /co/ can suck this guy's dick so badly sometimes
>>
>>82640475
Why do you act like RDJ was the one that decided to make Civil War happen?

Try doing some doing some actual research.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-captain-america-3-got-transformed-into-civil-war-1771691777
>>
>>82635683
He pulled down a helicopter.
>>
>>82640475
It organically grows out of the hint that Bucky killed the Starks. That's a big deal and it needed follow-up more than anything else, which required bringing in Iron Man. And if the story becomes Iron Man vs. Captain America, then you have Civil War (or Time Runs Out, but that wasn't even about Steve and Tony).
>>
>>82640445
>now we have capfags the way we have batfags instead
kill me
>>
>>82641157
Cap has always had the 2nd biggest jobber aura in comics.
>>
>>82641156
that was an easter eggs more than anything else, it didnt really need follow-up
>>
File: 1441561921134.png (109 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1441561921134.png
109 KB, 800x1000
>that last fight scene between Iron Man, Cap and Bucky
>Iron Man violently throwing Bucky and slamming him against the wall
>Bucky and Cap fucking wailing on Iron Man and vice versa
>"Tony this won't change what's already happened!"
>"I don't care. He killed my mother."
>end with Cap fucking recklessly bashing Tony's suit with his shield
>mfw
The fight choreography in the MCU is second to none, but once they dropped that and let Iron Man, Bucky and Cap just fucking tear into each other with no coordination like cavemen, they pulled out aaaalllllll of the stops.
And then that petty, sore loser line, "THAT SHIELD DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU. IT WAS MY FATHER'S.", like you could just feel Tony knew he lost... Jesus... Infinity Wars is in good hands.
>>
>>82641190
It's not! Bucky has a really dark past and that's the biggest thing in it. Howard Stark was a friend of Steve and the father of the MCU flagship character. Like Markus said, it's actively ignoring content to not bring Iron Man in.
>>
>>82635609
>I want an actual Captain America sequel.

The fuck? Take out the Airport fight and CW was very much cap 3. Using Winter Soldier and Black Panther as pseudo-antagonists was a great dynamic.
>>
>>82636614
>Was not happy with what happened with Ultron
is that why AoU ended with him quipping some more and driving away in his sports car?
>>
>>82635591
GotG and Strange go to warn Tony that Thanos is coming for Vision

Pro Registration Forces, GotG, Strange and SHIELD/army fights Thanos and the Black Order and get their shit rekt

when all seems lost Cap leads his Avengers and turns the tide, Thanos gets defeated when Thor & Hulk both emerge from a Rainbow Bridge and gang bang him.

when everyone thinks it's over Thanos' new disguised aide incapacitates Vision, takes his stone and all the other stones Thanos already took before he got to Earth, he reveals himself as The Red Skull, to be cont. in Pt. 2
>>
>>82641188
even batman gets put in his place once in a while

nobody shits on captain america but garth ennis
>>
File: 1429486024702.jpg (53 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
1429486024702.jpg
53 KB, 648x484
>>82641382
Too lazy to Google it and I've been under pretty much radio silence trying to avoid any Marvel news leading up to CW, but is Hulk having a big part in Thor 3 officially confirmed or what?
>>
>>82641445
He is set to appear, whether it's a glorified cameo or a buddy film is still unknown

also Cate Blanchette is Hela
>>
>>82641445
Yes. As the love interest.
>>
>>82641225
Wasn't really petty, more true, the government also doesn't consider it as Cap's.
I wonder if he'll get the hard light shield from Agents of Shield, and learn that Coulson's alive through that.
>>
File: 1452119642868.jpg (105 KB, 960x864) Image search: [Google]
1452119642868.jpg
105 KB, 960x864
>>82641507
PLANET HULK CONFIRMED, GET REKT, WHEDON.

>>82641511
>mfw we're gonna see Thor and Hulk smash
>>
>>82641285
>it's actively ignoring content to not bring Iron Man in.
You're not ignoring any crucial content to be explored, just small details in bigger stories. It sounds more of an excuse to say you needed him so badly
Besides, I seriously doubt that whatever Cap story they were witting had a strong focus on Stark's parents specifically
>>
>>82641529
My girlfriend watches the show and I'll glance at it from time to time so I'm not entirely sure, but I THINK the Avengers found out about Coulson being alive shortly before Winter Soldier.

And yea, technically the shield isn't Cap's, I wasn't saying otherwise, but that line was just saturated in petty hatred I just loved it.
>>
>>82641649
It fits really well and they've used small details as inspiration before, like building from Fury developing Hydra weapons in Avengers to Hydra being inside SHIELD in Winter Soldier.
>>
>>82641681
They still don't know officially. They really should since practically everyone important knows by now, but I doubt that it will ever be addressed until the movie and TV divisions settle their feud.
>>
>>82635609
Cap is a leader. Most of the time, he does not work very well alone.
>>
>>82641507
it's very likely that the Hulk has an important role as a second protagonist with Thor.

I'm really excited for Ragnarok
>>
>>82641731
There's a conflict between the MTVU and the MCU?
Huh, didn't know that, wanna elaborate?
>>
>>82635247
When Cap is yelling at him about keeping Wanda prisoner, Tony says, "Give me a break." RDJ just looked so tired and exasperated after that line. Then it all hit me.

Steve Rogers is the 'father' figure of the Avengers, very much in the 'father knows best' sort of way. Tony is projecting his desires to have a father figure be satisfied with what he's doing onto Steve, but it also even more than that. Cap isn't just a symbol of fatherhood, he's someone Howard never shut up about. So it's not just figurative, Tony genuinely felt like Howard cared more about Steve than he did about his own son. Steve is a stand-in for Tony's father, but also a very concrete reminder of his troubled relationship with his dad.

All that is there from the dialogue and plot events, but how RDJ gave that line and the look on his face made it all really hit me. Tony just wants Steve to be happy with his work. he wants Steve's approval. It also helps the ending, where Tony is willing to beat his father figure to a bloody pulp to get at his mother's (the 'good' parent) killer. Civil War handled Tony's parental issues very well I think.
>>
>>82641712
that would imply they were using small details as such to build up a story involving Ironman in the first place, which is supposedly what they were not doing
>>
>>82641529
Steve is in the land of vibranium so I think he has zero issues with getting a new shield. And I bet he will.

If I can guess how this plays down, or just dream, I envision Cap gets a new vibranium shield from Black Panther, every bit as good but stylistically different to distinguish it from his old shield. When Thanos shows up and achieves his ultimate powerup he'll then Infinity fist the gauntlet and break it. Vibranium, supposedly unbeatable, beaten, all for a WTF moment to show how serious shit is. Then Iron Man gives Cap his original shield back as a measure to show he trusts him again and their friendship is restored.
>>
>>82636376
>panther's triple kick
That's not CGI.

>>82636376
>>82635438
I actually thought Tony holding Rhodey was the only time the helmet off head didn't seem to move with the suit body, it looked good else where.

>>82635466
>>82640475
>>82635398
Civil War was being thrown around as a possible Avenger's movie since day one of the MCU, it was always going to happen if the MCU took off as it's the most widely known comic event. After Ultron was not great and BvS was announced, Feige told Russos to make Cap 3 Civil War. That's why the Accords and other Avengers are dropped after the big airport scene, because they were added to the Russo's original Bucky/Falcon/Cap vs Zemo plot. BvS has much more to do with when and how we got the Civil War adaptation than RDJ 'jewing' his way into this movie.
>>
>>82642221
>That's why the Accords and other Avengers are dropped after the big airport scene,

The Accords didn't go anywhere though; it's the reason the other Avengers were put in jail.
>>
>>82640311
>that was the point
>>
>>82641225
>And then that petty, sore loser line, "THAT SHIELD DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU. IT WAS MY FATHER'S."
I really didn't detect pettiness, just pure anger. Howard Stark trusted Cap with that shield, and Cap used to to beat the piss out if his son while protecting the man that killed both him and his wife, and this is after hiding the truth from Stark in the first place. As far as Stark's concerned, if that's what Rogers has decided, then he has no right to wield his father's gift.
>>
>>82642016
Tony is much older than Steve in the MCU. I do not think that he consider Steve a father figure, but i agree on the rest.

Tony want the approval of Steve... because if Steve approves Tony actions, it means that his father would be proud of him, and yeah, for Tony it's a love-hate a relationship .
>>
>>82642288
You messed up your negatives I think.
>>
File: celeryman.gif (215 KB, 710x399) Image search: [Google]
celeryman.gif
215 KB, 710x399
>>82642402
Your interpretation is spot on and Hell that may be what they were going for, but to me it sounded like when you have a fight with a close friend and you just spit out something poison to really get under their skin, know what I mean?
>>
>>82642508
>Tony is much older than Steve

Okey... before you start the jokes, the time spend into the freezer does not count. Steve has the mentality of men of World War II, but has lived less than thirty years.

Steve and Bucky like to sing the fact of having 100 years, but in reality they do not have them.
>>
>>82637006
it was said in such desperation,like he couldn't come up with anything else
>>
>>82642016
Rather curious that Cap didn't know about the Raft by then, I assume Tony, Vision, and Widow probably knew, not sure the others would have been looking for it I suppose, but would think they'd give Cap the heads up if only to sway his decision, as Tony kept hinting at, signing the accords were to keep them from being forced into something worse.
>>
>>82642508
>she's gotta be a hundred years old right now
>so are we pal
Steve is Captain Centenarian in two years. Bucky in 99 years old in CW. Also I think you're too hung up on how young Cap looks, he clearly has old fashioned principles and values. Captain America is the father of the Avengers, not just because he's the 'first' but he takes on the father role of the team. Captain America, as Tony says in AoU, is the leader, the boss. Father knows best, and Cap is 100% the moral compass of the Avengers.

I was trying to phrase it more like Steve is Tony's work dad, not a father figure to him personally (like he might be to Wanda at this point). The personal side of it for Tony comes from Howard mentioning Steve so much growing up on top of the strained Tony/Howard relationship.
>>
>>82642221
>BvS has much more to do with when and how we got the Civil War adaptation than RDJ 'jewing' his way into this movie.
But he did. He was, at the very least, supposed to have a much smaller role until he demanded more and as the movie itself shows, made up to a mini Ironman movie inside Cap's film
>>
>>82642620
Being a veteran of any war and having old school values ages Steve more than the average person's life experiences. Cap has seen some shit man, probably killed more people than Iron Man too.

Yes, Iron Man is in his 50s I think. But, that's trust fund living. Cap was 30 when he went into the ice, having been a poor kid and a war vet.
>>
File: edge3.gif (443 KB, 200x126) Image search: [Google]
edge3.gif
443 KB, 200x126
>>82642711
Not him, but I get where you're coming from.

Steve is a father figure because of his early 20th century principles and mannerisms.
He has his head on straight and he's by far the most competent one in the group so naturally others look up to him.

Truth be told, out of every movie he's been in I can't remember a single instance where he's in the wrong.
>>
>>82642606
Well, Stark DID just get the piss beaten out of him. He's out of breath, tired, feeling immensely betrayed by the man he grew up hearing stories about; he tired, seething, and heartbroken.
>>
>>82643028
Yes, and as someone who's been on the giving and receiving end of that, I can tell you it's not uncommon for someone to try to get the last word in and say something that cuts deep.

Like imagine this. Imagine you got in an argument with your mother and she told you that you were an unwanted accident.
That's what Stark's shield comment sounded like to me.
>>
>>82642946
Tony also doesn't seem to have really ever 'grown up', not in a proper way. He's far from a shut-in and he's a smooth talker but watch IM1 and all the most natural, comfortable interactions are between him and his robots. He's had very few people to interact with on his intellectual level, and no one really to tell him no. But also no one to tell him good job without it coming across as empty praise.

Steve is older than his years and Tony is younger than them. It's an interesting contrast.
>>
>>82635247
>"He's my friend, Tony."
>"I was too."
I loved how his voice was just filled with malice and venom.
>>
File: 65745743454.png (2 MB, 1638x1025) Image search: [Google]
65745743454.png
2 MB, 1638x1025
>>82635247
>not black panther
>>
>Spiderman
>Giant Man
>The last fight between Cap and Tony
>Hero VS Hero actually set up properly unlike BvS
>Black Panther
Fucking 10/10 all around
>>
File: zorro.jpg (12 KB, 330x282) Image search: [Google]
zorro.jpg
12 KB, 330x282
>>82643443
Stark and T'Challa were Indigo Montoya.
>>
>>82635890

That's the part that made me grin like an idiot. Holy shit, Spider-Man gets to interact with Captain America. That's all I ever wanted.
>>
>>82642711
> ages Steve more than the average person's life experiences,

Can't agreed. what you say are your personal views which are not reflected in movies

Steve is not a father figure. He's more like a symbol. The history book hero. That's way everyones approach him with respect, and yes, Steve si a competent Leader, so it's natural to follow his lead.

In reality is a young man in totally alien era for him. That way he focuses on the work because it's the only thing that he can handle,

Human relationships have changed, tastes have changed, tastes have changed. you confuse his inadequacy to modernity as a symbol of old age, and yes it is, but the problem is that Steve has no mature experience in human relations. it's clear that, despite the old values, Steve has not the wisdom of those who have really experienced much.

Clings to what little remained of his past.

Furthermore, we know from the letter that Steve has never really bonded with his team. He respects them and tries to be the perfect leader, but consider them just comrades and even when he speak with wanda after the mission you can see a certain distance from him. Not really encouraged her, he only takes half guilty.

Clint is a much more effective father figure fro Wanda, maybe because Clint know what it means to manage younger people.
>>
>>82641225

>Bucky trying his damnednest to pull out the arc reactor

I was legitimately thinking nothing but "OH SHIT" in progressively louder volumes throughout that whole fight.

That had to be the most intense sequence in the MCU so far.
>>
>>82643320
Tony is immature and perhaps even autism, we all know that..
>>
File: 1433044500103.jpg (71 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1433044500103.jpg
71 KB, 500x636
>>82643714
Not me, man.
I was dead fucking silent throughout the entire scene.
Iron Man blew Bucky's fucking arm off after that, like Christ...
What's a good word for this?
Visceral?
I wanna say visceral.
>>
>>82642529
no?
>>
>>82636962
I don't care what this conversation is about, but I am most intrigued as to what on Earth is happening in that image.
>>
>>82642945
>He was, at the very least, supposed to have a much smaller role until he demanded more
Now back that up with something. An article or interview or something.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.