[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are in charge of rebooting the DC Cinematic Universe. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
You are in charge of rebooting the DC Cinematic Universe. What would you do?
>retcon bvs out, keep man of steel
>use either gotham or batman begins (but ignore rest of the dark knight saga) as batman origin
>follow up with an aquaman movie, wonder woman, flash, world's finest AND THEN justice league
>hint at darkseid but build him up slowly like thanos in the MCU except only tangentially relate him to the plot instead of having him as a sitting guy behind everything
>push suicide squad up until phase 3 or at least the end of phase 2, so the bad guys can be introduced first
>give each hero a proper origin (remember, origin stories aren't always necessary but in a cinematic universe they kind of are)
>eventually show prequel films with jay garrick, alan scott, etc
>>
>>82614699
I swear you orginfags are the worst.
>>
>>82614699
Go watch marvel live action cartoons.
>>
>>82614699
How would that even work? You can't keep MoS and do prequels with the JSA, because so much of MoS's characterization depends on Clark being the first public cape.
>>
Complete reboot. Pick one comic/run. AND ONE ONLY to adapt. Secret Origins for Clark, Long Halloween for Bruce.. A huge source of flaws in these movies is that they try to combine oil water and gasoline in one big pot and think it'll work.
>>
>>82614819
If it's somehow consistent with a batman who's been active in gotham for 20 years and a 100 year old WW, it would be 100% doable, and make more sense.
>>
>Start off with a VERY loose adaptation of Superman for All Seasons.
>Follow with a VERY loose adaptation of Batman: Year Zero with the Riddler. Don't have all of Gotham destroyed, more have Riddler take control of the entirety of the infrastructure of the city. Don't do an origin story for Batman, we all know it at this point. Imply that the Riddler was being funded by Luthor.
>Jury's still out on the Wonder Woman movie they're working on, might be able to use that.
>Cap it off with a Trinity movie where they fight Amazo. Have his origin changed up so that he was created by Luthor instead of Professor Ivo, or maybe have the two work together to make Amazo.
>Flash movies and Aquaman movies after that, interspersed with a Superman sequel with Brainiac, then a Batman sequel with some lesser villain like Clayface. Build up hype for a future batman movie with the Joker.
>THEN do Justice League.
>>
>>82614916
You don't know what public means. WW wasn't public nor was she fighting crime for 100 years. Batman probably I can see but he's more like the story you tell kids at night.
I think the meant public as in the world as a whole knows you exists. I doubt the world knows who batman is.
>>
>>82614916
Batman you can excuse because he's lacking in superpowers and is an urban legend half the time.
But way too much of Man of Steel relies on "Clark is the first superhuman it'll change everything!". The fact that Wonder Woman fucks that up is not a point in its favor. Just toss out MoS.
>>
>>82614699
Make the bat family more useful
Bruce is ONE man and Gotham is a big ass cursed city apparently
He should've been dead atleast 4 years into batting
>>
>>82615033
But MoS was not that bad.
>>
>>82614699
Well, the joker sells. So I'd make everything revolve around him. EVERYTHING
>>
My old idea:

* Start with the Titans as the first DCU heroes: this will be an altered lineup of, say, Dick Grayson, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Wonder Girl (but with Hippolyta), and Jay Garrick (instead of Wally West). Maybe a Nightwing/Grayson movie, then a Starfire movie, and then Titans, using Trigon as the villain.

* Set up a JSA film:
** Deathstroke gets a film named after him but is still the villain against the Titans; the Terra incident causes the Titans to disband
** JSA is formed from the remaining Titans members, who face the wrath of Eclipso; they win, barely, but make it clear that they'll be a more hidden face in the fight against evil

At the end, the first little nuggets of the Trinity are teased (Bruce's parents being shot; a young Clark showing his strength; a young Diana doing some cute shit with Hippolyta)

* Timeskip. Then, Trinity film, where the three of them (separately) decide to take on a disturbance near Central City. They all get stopped before they can reach that point: Dick forces Bruce to get training; Kori teaches Clark the possible extent of his power; and Hippolyta makes sure Diana is actually ready. They eventually find the Reverse-Flash committing crimes both small and big (mostly robbery, occasional explosions, usually little harm to people) and they eventually all team up to beat him. Reverse-Flash times his worst misdeed so that 1) Barry Allen is struck by lightning and 2) Nora Allen is killed at the same time. The Trinity eventually stop RF... only for him to be revealed as Jay Garrick. Jay says he did it because he had to stop the Thawne-Allen rivarly dispute, and thus HE made the choice to kill Nora as the Reverse-Flash it's later revealed that this allows Eobard to obsess not over The Flash, but over The Monitor

* Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman movies about various stuff.
>>
File: p3.gif (422 KB, 245x210) Image search: [Google]
p3.gif
422 KB, 245x210
>>82615699

What's Dick's origin in this one? How old is he by the time this movie happens?
>>
>>82614699
I don't wanna reboot. Just replace Zack Snyder, have Superman come back in JL with a new appreciation for his life and the lives of those around him. Let him be happy.
>>
>>82616872
I'd have it be roughly the same: his parents die in a trapeze accident. Rather than being taken up by Batman, he'd go through the rough periods of his life alone, traveling in the circus. Along the way, he would take up a combination of street fighting, intense training, and general Batman/James Bond-esque young badass adventures.

From there, I'm not quite sure. CIA/Grayson stuff right from the get-go is a possibility. Another, probably better, thing would be for him to go back to Gotham and try to make a life there, only to learn all of the weird crap surrounding his parents' death, the money left for him, etc.

The Titans, as a whole, would be roughly 19-20 years old on average during their team movie. Young enough for them to go through a lot of the growing pains we usually have, but old enough to be a bit more mature and not want to be referred to as "teens."

Dick would be a bit older than average, around 22-25. Beast Boy would be one of the younger ones, more around 16-18. And so on.
>>
BvS and MoS can still be cannon but they could do a soft reboot with JL with another director.

You literally don't have to reboot the entire universe just fire Zack Snyder and be done with it.
>>
File: 1445460923746.png (978 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1445460923746.png
978 KB, 1920x800
There's really only two movies(plus Suicide Squad in a few months) and their long-term effects are yet to be seen beyond the formation of the core seven of the Justice League.

All I'd do is make Superman come back as a happier, more sociable and more well-adjusted individual. I just don't see the point in trying to make Superman a frustrated messiah. It makes for fine (if hackneyed) imagery and symbolism, but shit, if Clark's writing puff pieces about Superman's activities, he should understand the importance of public image and shouldn't look so annoyed when interacting with people that aren't Lois when he's Superman.

You know that scene in MoS when he finally gains the ability to fly and just flies all over the fucking world? That should be him at all times when he's not squaring off with a "big" villain, just having the time of his life rescuing people, talking to them to make them feel safe, saying goofy shit when people are recording him with smartphone cameras to put it on Youtube or whatever.
>>
>>82614699
Why? All the shitty things about Batman v Superman are still present in Man of Steel, if not moreso.
>use either gotham or batman begins
Both of those origins are terrible for a cinematic universe.
>give each hero a proper origin
We don't need origins for the characters we already know
>>
>>82617742
>All I'd do is make Superman come back as a happier, more sociable and more well-adjusted individual.
That's inorganic though.
I don't get how coming back from the dead is supposed to make Clark feel more attached to humanity and more social. I don't get how a resurrection will make people stop worshipping him as a god. That's not something humans can do.

That train of thought makes no sense and just reeks of more of the same "The next movie will be the one where he's got a personality, we swear!" like I heard for years after Man of Steel.
>>
>Fire Snyder first, and hire somebody capable and who likes the source.
Make the second Superman movie as a suspense thriller with Clark and Superman having to solve some Intergang case, which reveals bigger things. Clark starts having some trippy dreams and visions of being a brighter version of Superman, closer to pre crisis. His sci fi dreams and visions run parallel to the story. Make it really gritty, with deaths of Lana, Perry and friends. Finally Superman reaches the end of the case, with him facing Mr Myx and making him say his name in reverse in the end, who then accepts responsibility for meddling in their dimension to make it dull and gritty, thinking it would make it more mature and produce some good stories. Make it a deconstruction of superhero grittiness, with a repentful Myx returning the DCCU in a happy state and bringning back Clark's pals, and goes back to his 5th dimension.
That'll return the DCCU back to a brighter state without any reboots.

Make the third movie a brighter and feelsy last days of Superman.
>>
>>82618674
Show the origin of the multiverse from Superman beyond as well within this.
>>
>>82614699
I'm fucking sick of these constant /tv/ threads invading /co/ because comics are a hot commodity right now. I mean, in every thread like this one, it's always "I'd do what Marvel did but with DC!".

Fuck off you uncreative cunts.
>>
>>82614699
How long is the average movie trailer seen at the theater? That's exactly 30 seconds too long to do a proper comic character origin story. In these movies- big, gestalt franchises like DC atm, just run a stand alone trailer length origin story for whatever character you have in the movie bullpen. They would be fun to watch, you'd go in to that or future movies prepped, and it would be a cool movie trope if it caught on.
>>
>>82614699
Scrap everything.

Modern up and shoot New Frontier as faithfully as possible, solo films after that.
>>
File: He knows what's up.gif (494 KB, 245x136) Image search: [Google]
He knows what's up.gif
494 KB, 245x136
>>82621266
>>
>>82614699
Adapt Red Son.
>>
>>82614699
>Cancel "cinematic universe" bullshit.
>make a bunch of stand-alone movies like Dark Knight saga
>>
>>82614699
I'd keep /tv/ threads on /tv/.
>>
>>82614699
sell the rights to Marvel
>>
>>82614699
That's not a reboot.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.