[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to my local shop to pick up comics on Wednesday.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: dsc07659.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
dsc07659.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
I'm going to my local shop to pick up comics on Wednesday. I haven't bought comics since Civil War was getting started and New Universe was getting that unsuccessful reboot.

If there's three series I should be looking into, mainstream or independent, what would you recommend, /co/? I'm cool with capes or indies or comedies or gritty Warren Ellis joints or what have you.
>>
>>82609507
Why didn't you go on Saturday? You missed Free Comic Book Day.
>>
>>82609525

Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not knowing it was that day. And in the process of self-flagellation I decided to spend money on some of them funny books.
>>
>>82609507
Dudes and Ladies from the Internet! I can't form my own opinions and tastes, please help!
>>
>>82609679
Well, just try to remember that it's always the first Saturday in May.
>>
>>82609507
Trades from Marvel's recent relaunch are starting to hit the market, you can pick up some of those.
All New Avengers was pretty rad, Vision is an absolute must-read as well.

DC has a reboot coming up end of this month, gonna kick off a bunch of new ongoings you could jump on. You could also check out Omega Men or Prez, I think they just got trades.

Indie wise, the Transformer comics are a lot of fun (or tumblr garbage, you'll have to form your own opinion here), Moore's Providence is a great Lovecraft book but you will have to read some short stories, Voracious is a book about a restaurant chef who loses his love for cooking until his weird uncle dies, leaves him a time machine, and he starts cooking dinosaurs.

If you really just don't know what to start with, maybe check out your local library for trade paperbacks and read through those to get a feel for different writers/artists, my local one has a whole section for them.
>>
>>82609833

Thanks, anon! I might look into what's new with Transformers this week and I'll definitely check out those DC offerings
>>
Vision is a complete must buy, Omega Men and Karnak too
>>
Tokyo Ghost
Descender
Vision
>>
>>82609833
DC IS NOT REBOOTING, FAGGOT.
>>
>>82609507
ROM Spaceknight
Transformers vs. G.I. Joe (ending soon)
Manifest Destiny (on hiatus; possibly cancelled?)
Luther Strode (ending soon)
Badger (miniseries; ending soon)
Southern Bastards
>>
>>82611621
Jupiter's Legacy is also worth checking out.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.