[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAVE NO FEAR WE HAVE GIMMICKS FOR YEARS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: simpsons-live-episode[1].jpg (90 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
simpsons-live-episode[1].jpg
90 KB, 900x600
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/05/heres-how-this-weeks-live-simpsons-episode-will-go-down

>The episode’s title, “Simprovised,” points to the segment that will close it. As with many jokes on the show, the gimmick will be a little meta: according to Fox’s episode summary, Homer decides to try his hand at improv comedy to boost his confidence after flubbing a speech in front of his co-workers. To make it happen, Homer’s voice actor, Dan Castellaneta, will have to come up with answers on the fly, as motion capture takes his actions and brings them to our TV screens. For those wondering, as Entertainment Weekly did, why the segment is only three minutes long, Jean explained that although motion-capture technology has made progress, it still only works with one or two characters. “The backgrounds don’t change and the character can’t really interact with somebody in the background,” he said, adding later that “there is less of a variety of motion, and after [a while], it might start to look a little repetitive.”

>And for skeptics who will want proof that this is being done live, Jean assured Entertainment Weekly that the episode will “do the equivalent of holding up today’s newspaper, where we talk about something that’s going on right then.”

>Jean told Entertainment Weekly that so far there have been no problems, it doesn’t sound like he’d be too upset if a brief problem occurred: “I always feel—and this is the whole S.N.L. philosophy: if there’s a little glitch, that’s fun, too,” he said. “That’s the excitement of live television. And to my knowledge, no animated show has done this before . . . I think this is going to be really incredible—or incredibly terrible.”
>>
File: 1456622373808.jpg (52 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1456622373808.jpg
52 KB, 500x376
>So, what’s the best way to get on the show? There will be a 1-888 number released ahead of time. Definitely call as early as possible, as Jean told Entertainment Weekly that he thinks the lines will get very busy very fast. If you prefer a method that’s a little more “2016,” Homer will also answer one tweet. And if you’re O.K. with hearing from a writer “Homer” and not Homer in the voice of Castellaneta himself, Jean added that a couple of writers will also be answering questions on Facebook and Twitter.

>And as for what to ask? First of all, make sure you’re asking questions of Homer himself, as Jean told Entertainment Weekly, “A question like, ‘What actor does what?,’ that won’t get by.” He added later, “Just ask an interesting question about Homer, and his life and if it’s funny, we’ll try to get it in. We’re not looking for people to ask trivia questions about Season 23.”

>Sounds simple enough, right? It’s hard to decide which prospect is more exciting—seeing how well this will actually work, or finding out what kinds of off-the-wall questions fans could have accumulated over the show’s more than 26 years on-air.
>>
sounds like a terrible strain on the animators' wrists.
>>
>>82608413
I want someone to call in as bone xylophone man and they let that get past. If I were dan I would lose it.
>>
>>82608224
>>And for skeptics who will want proof that this is being done live, Jean assured Entertainment Weekly that the episode will “do the equivalent of holding up today’s newspaper, where we talk about something that’s going on right then.”
Simpsons has predicted shit a decade in the future, I think they can animate something / voice it an the like within the year.
>>
they parodied this in HOMR
>>
What time tonight is it?
>>
>>82608413
BEEP

..lousy cheap bastards
>>
File: 38mQK.jpg (90 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
38mQK.jpg
90 KB, 512x384
>>82608224
>>And for skeptics who will want proof that this is being done live, Jean assured Entertainment Weekly that the episode will “do the equivalent of holding up today’s newspaper, where we talk about something that’s going on right then.”

I hope the Falklands get invaded during the show.
>>
>>82613019
Even as we speak, Ayatollah Razmada and his cadre of fanatics are consolidating their power!
>>
"Looks like those clowns in Congress did it again. What a bunch of clowns."
>>
>>82608413
10/10, anon.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.