[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.thegekdom.com/home/2016/ 4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 442x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 442x330
http://www.thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice

>Zack Snyder and WB fully knew they are going to alienate some moviegoers and critics by having a subtle narrative disguised as a superhero action movie because there will be some plot elements which might fly over the heads of some people and as a result they might not understand the story in it's entirety (The Martha moment being the best example)

>Secondly, this movie has a post modern (deconstructive) narrative and this kind of narrative is meant to challenge our preconceived notions, beliefs, ideas and way of thinking. So, automatically a post modern movie tends to be controversial by it's nature but they took the risks and this shows their commitment towards the DC property.

In addition to being wrong, it's also badly written.
>>
>>82603378
Subtle as a jar of Lex Luthor's piss.
>>
>>82603378
> everything you didn't like about it was totally intentional and the only problem is you're too dumb to get it

Literally the only line of countercriticism this movie is getting, and an awkwardly circumlocutious instance of it to boot
>>
>>82603378
Who writes post modern as two words in a supposed thesis? What the fuck.
>>
>>82603427
Speaking of supposed thesis, anybody remember this one?

http://www.totalspoiler.com/index.php/the-thesis-of-plot-twist/
>>
>>82603444
Citing wikipedia. Do journos not have degrees?
>>
I'm pretty sure the subtle narrative of them both having a mom named Martha flew over nobody's head.
>>
>post modern (deconstructive)
straight into the garbage

that's not what postmodernism means at all
>>
>>82603562
I've never seen a more terrible combination of words
>>
Hi leddiT
>>82603378
>Deconstruction
Movie plays full into capeshit tropes. Down to damsel in distress and big bad. There's nothing deconstructive about it.
>>
I don't know how a more pretentious Dark Knight Returns is any of those things
>>
File: garth.png (358 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
garth.png
358 KB, 640x480
>>82603562 >>82603575

> Still, so much for possibilité (French for possibilities)
Reminded me of pic related

Still, people use postmodernism (and deconstruction, for that matter) as a label for all kinds of random shit lately; not his fault, really
>>
Dat Wonder Woman
>>
>>82603378
I'm guessing most of the exect knew it was going to be a stinker some time during production and decided to hide behind their own hype train while hoping they could fall back on arguments like this to try and justify how blatantly bad their movie was.
>it's not shitty
>it's art
>>
>>82603378
Zack Snyder's greatness was so subtle, over 70% of RT critics overlooked.
>>
>>82603378
>subtle narrative
>Christ analogies shoved down their throat every 5 minutes

Subtle as a brick through your window.
>>
File: 1457332774922.gif (449 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1457332774922.gif
449 KB, 300x168
>>82603849
The blinding brilliance of his daring, bold, new wave re-de-pre-construction vision brings us back to the age old question, when you're too subtle do you circle right back to actually not doing fuckall?
>>
>>82603754
Good lord milf lois is amazing
>>
Hey your mom's name is like my mom's name! We're friends now!
>>
>>82603924
It dident even make sense for him to say her name instead of mum
>>
>>82603950
Why would he say mom instead of his mom name?
>save my mom
>who?
>dead
>>
>>82603950
He said Martha Kent.
>>
>>82603864
/co/ is more obsessed with complaining about the messianic symbolism than Synder is with using it.
>>
>>82604023

He didn't need to do it 30 fucking times.

We get it. Jesus. Got it. Move on, please.
>>
>>82603752

You can blame the retards who adopted such a counter-intuitive name.

Post-modern? So, since "modern" would be things that are going on today, and "post-[x]" means "after [x]", that would have to mean that post-modern refers to things that have yet to happen, right?

Oh, modernism is a movement? That's also retarded, isn't it? Since "modern" is relative to the era in which someone is occurring, and doesn't really describe any kind of series of beliefs. Different people are going to have different viewpoints on what the modern world represents and what it should represent.

Honestly, it's really their fault that the terms are so misunderstood. I'd be all for assigning them new names that at least offered some kind of hint to the ideas that they represent.
>>
>>82603964
>Why would he say mom instead of his mom name?
>save my mom
>who?
>dead
It's the exact opposite.

If Clark knew that Bruce's mother was called Martha he'd still be better off specifying that he's talking about his own mother, and if he didn't know then he'd have no reason to just say a name that would mean nothing to Bruce.
"I have to save my mother" sounds a bit more compelling than "I have to save X".
>>82603974
No he didn't.
Also, does Batman know that Superman is Clark Kent? No. Then what does it matter?
>>
>>82605212
>Left foot on Superman's throat
>Batman going for a kill, leans back, rises the spear, his weight shifts to his right foot
>Close up of Superman with boot to throat "You're letting him kill Martha-"
>Change to Batman lowering the spear, the weight of the left boot goes back to crushing Superman's throat."-K-f, kff-"
>Change to Superman "-ent".

Barely audible and ends with a grunt.
>>
>>82604092
Protip: You just need to separate the notion of modernism and modernity.
>>
>>82604030
Why, it's the greatest story ever told.
>>
>>82603378
/co/ has repeatedly shown that BvS is too deep and artisti for most anons to comprehend even the basic outline of character motivations and plot mechanics if they are not spoonfed.
>>
Comic books have been deconstructed to the point that I'm no longing seeing any real reason to continue doing it. But then again, we live in a culture where if you're not deconstructing the genre, you're not worth reading
>>
File: 1428209934889.png (129 KB, 626x626) Image search: [Google]
1428209934889.png
129 KB, 626x626
>>82605433
>>
>>82605331
WHO THE FUCK IS MARTHA ENT
>>
>>82603378
>which might fly over the heads of some people and as a result they might not understand the story in it's entirety

No, I understood everything it was just shit
>>
Watch it with my cousin, the type who likes EVERY movie, and she still said it was shit.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.