[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you read this Marvel Event?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 4204147-shehulk2014010_dc11-0.jpg (4 MB, 2406x3653) Image search: [Google]
4204147-shehulk2014010_dc11-0.jpg
4 MB, 2406x3653
Here's an idea for a Marvel event:

Daredevil vs. She-Hulk in a True Crime-inspired Marvel Event where both lawyers would fight each other over in court a supervillain who was killed by his two sons.

>It's a trial in New York city where a dangerous black supervillain was killed by his two sons. Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson called in as defence attorney for these two kids while Jennifer Walters and Jerry Hogarth are the prosecuting attorneys.

>However, things go ugly as the trial has divided the superhero, mutant and inhuman communities, with one side saying that these kids deserved to be acquitted and sent to either Avengers Academy or Xavier's while the other is saying these kids could be potential supervillains and should be locked somewhere.

>Both Daredevil and She-Hulk are being scrutinized by other superheroes and vigilantes. Things get uglier as a third defence lawyer joins the team, and he is a famous lawyer known for pulling the race card, causing prosecution supporters like Tony Stark to be branded as racist.

>Meanwhile, Jessica Jones (official investigator for the defending team) discovered new clues at the crime scene that might link the murders to Kingpin and Norman Osborn while Spiderman is hired to find a potential witness: Frank Castle. However, has gone missing outside New York and his testimony could prove the guilt or innocence of these two kids. At the same time Black Widow is hired by Murdock to track down Taskmaster and hire him to recreate the crime scene in front of the judge.

Yeah, I based this idea from the Menendez Brothers, the Steven Avery case and of course the OJ Simpson trial. But honestly, a courtroom-based Marvel event would be fantastic.

But would you read it though?
>>
>>82602743
You had me at the cover anon. I don't know what all the words are for
>>
>>82602757

tldr would you read a Marvel Universe version of the People vs. OJ Simpson/Menendez Bros/Steven Avery?
>>
>>82602767
Yes I would.

>>82602743
Yes I would, I would love more stories that are not just FIGHT THE EVIL SUPER VILLAIN WITH OUR FISTS
>>
Your idea doesn't sound like a bad one, I've always felt that the law side of those heroes needs to come into play more, but
>more hero vs hero books
No, I wouldn't read it
>>
>>82602767
Yeah, the justice system in the MCU is pretty loosely defined so it would be interesting to find correlations and stuff
>>
>>82602804

But the thing is that Walters vs. Murdock in a courtroom makes sense since Walters' a prossecuting attorney too and Murdock is a popular defense attorney.

Imagine She-Hulk getting scrutinised by the media like Marcia Clark in 1995, causing her to end up becoming more rage-inducing that The Hulk himself.
>>
File: IROMcover33F.jpg (42 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
IROMcover33F.jpg
42 KB, 300x450
>>82602815

Speaking of which,

I'd have loved to see OJ Simpson as James Rhodes.

If only he hadn't killed his wife.....
>>
>>82602828
It's certainly an interesting idea, and picking the right writer could make it really work. I just don't think Marvel has any talent able to pull it off and they'd make it just another hero v hero book
>>
>>82602867

Well, I can imagine Charles Soule writing it but they need someone else who's involved with other true crime fiction/non-fiction.

I don't mind having Jeffrey Toobin from The People vs. OJ Simpson getting involved in making this together with Soule.
>>
>>82602743

Yes, I would read it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.