[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Vendetti is STILL writing Green Lantern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Green Lantern (2011-) 052-024.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern (2011-) 052-024.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>Under Johns GL became the top selling monthly, beating out even Batman
>3 years under Vendetti and GL now sells worse than Wonder Woman
>Vendetti is STILL writing Green Lantern
>>
>no one is reading GL anymore
>>
I suffered through it but I'm dropping it with rebirth
it seems like that's what they want anyway
>>
>>82579953

So much Hope for the real Parallax. So much wasted potential
>>
>>82580464
Did he even do anything apart from that weak scrap with Hal?
>>
>>82579953
Maybe since all the GLs are in the book now Venditti will spread the misery around instead of shitting solely on Hal the entire time?
>>
>>82579953
Vendetti is doing great on other comics, like X-O Manowar, I think this is a case of having an incomplete/broken toybox.
>>
>>82581010
No he isn't.
>>
I couldn't even be bothered to keep up with news on the book after Hal went "renegade" with that Green Glove or whatever the fuck, let alone read it. How much worse has it gotten since?

And what the hell ever happened to Baz?
>>
>>82581083
>And what the hell ever happened to Baz?
He's gonna be on the new Suicide Squad, I think
>>
>>82581192
>>82581083
He and Jessica are going to be in jl and green lanterns
>>
>>82581083
>And what the hell ever happened to Baz?
He and Power Ring are going to star in their own GLC buddy cop book.
>>
>>82579953
Well if they pushed Wonder Woman, Flash, and Suicide Squad, they wouldn't need Green Lantern.
>>
>>82581083
>I couldn't even be bothered to keep up with news on the book after Hal went "renegade" with that Green Glove or whatever the fuck, let alone read it. How much worse has it gotten since?
It wasn't actually that bad, just kinda meh

And probably ending abruptly
>>
>>82582485
Who would have thought Vendettis run would have peaked with the Relic arc

New Gods was ok to I suppose
>>
>>82583039
My favorite issue of his run was during Godhead but the arc itself was still kinda meh
>>
>>82583039
A shame, because I dropped the book the moment they announced Lights Out. Thought it was WAY too soon after WotFL.
>>
>>82579953
Should have kept adding new rings and new costumes since it looks that's all you need to sell comic with heroes.
>>
>>82583730
Vendetti did the opposite and got rid of all the lanterns even the green lanterns
>>
>>82583709
Lights Out (and the next 2-3 issues after it) are easily the worst parts of his run
>>
>>82584766
The moment Relic destroyed the Blue Lantern homeworld was pretty good
>>
I liked the Renegade Hal, but it felt rushed and weak. One comic he's escaping Mogo, the next he's at a gambling hall with long hair, saving a royal, capturing a bounty hunter, and travels around in a snarky ship. How does a guy not notice the GLs haven't been chasing him?

The only other ring users that show up in that run was Parallax, and two Sinestro Corps Jobbers. Parallax runs away like a little bitch, and we're left with the Grey Hunters. Who were shown handful of times, and aren't even that special. It would've been more interesting if Sinestro Corps, Red Lanterns & Star Sapphires were after him.
>>
Imagine being an X-Men and Green Lantern fan in the years of Bendis and Vendetti, at least Bunn Sinestro was good.
>>
>>82584766
The story about the Durlans was alright, and it was a breath of fresh air after years of rainbow corps stuff.
>>
>>82585793
Vendetti didn't destroy GL as badly as Bendis did X-men
>>
>>82585389
>>82585389
Shut up, nothing about the destruction of the blue lanterns was good.
>>
I have hope. Venditti is a pretty good writer; I just have no idea how he got roped into writing this storyline.

>>82581055
But he is, anon. Wrath of the Eternal Warrior and X-O Manowar are objectively readable, if not subjectively good/great.
>>
>>82585897
>not liking a good death scene
>>
>>82585743
>How does a guy not notice the GLs haven't been chasing him?
maybe he just thought he was hiding well!
>>
>>82585743
>It would've been more interesting if Sinestro Corps, Red Lanterns & Star Sapphires were after him.
He said his original plan was to have the GLC hunting him down but the the GLC got shunted off to a different universe

It does seem kind of weird that none of the OTHER corps tried to hunt him down, although to be honest I might have had a rage aneurysm if he'd had Carol hunting Hal down
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.