[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW!!!!
>>
You do it, I'm too lazy.
>>
I'd like to but you know......union rules.
>>
AVFYRA MISSILEN NU!!!
>>
File: end.jpg (122 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
122 KB, 960x540
>>
IMO he was unbelievably stupid to fire the missile towards a town, but one has to remember all the shame, failure, and shit he passed through the days before. When the battle seemed over, he just couldn't take it anymore. He just lost his mind.
>>
File: moes.jpg (86 KB, 640x339) Image search: [Google]
moes.jpg
86 KB, 640x339
>>
File: 1435985245770.webm (385 KB, 370x292) Image search: [Google]
1435985245770.webm
385 KB, 370x292
>>82577756
>>
>>82577756

Was he right or wrong?
>>
>>82577756

You're the boss!
>>
>>82577756
In retrospect, don't they have military radio talk for this shit? Who would listen to some asshole just screaming LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW into their radio. It's been forever since I seen the movie so I don't remember the exact details leading to that moment but it still sounds dumb.
>>
>>82577950
I think it's more a lapse of better judgement. He just saw his superior officer hesitate on destroying what he's convinced himself to be the greatest threat to the country and maybe if the president found out he took charge and saved America from an alien killer robot, that's a guarantee cabinet position at least. He was hoping to drive far enough away from the blast
>>
>>82578602
soldiers are drilled from day zero to never question the chain of command. if the guy who outranks you says shoot the missile, you shoot the missile or face court marshal, dishonorable discharge, and up to twenty years in prison
>>
>>82578655
But he wasn't even military, only the general had authority to make such calls.
>>
WHERE'S THE THREAD, MANSLEY?!
>>
>>82577756
But I'm le tired.
>>
>>82578687
It was the General's radio
>>
>>82577756
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>82578687
Yes and the General has just been talking to the guy controling the missile both on that radio and that fequency giving the apropriate code words. The guy on the other end then hears a panicked "LAUNCH" being shouted, in an era of high paranoia and more importantly when the target is "a giant robot." Its safe to assume the guy thought the general was either the one shouting or that he was dead and someone else was shouting it instead.
>>
>>82578785
It wasn't the General speaking.
>>
File: megas_missiles.gif (839 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
megas_missiles.gif
839 KB, 500x360
>>82577756
>>
>>82578838
This was what, the 60s? I heavily doubt radiotechnology was good enough yet to transmit a completely clear signal, meaning it'd be harder to differentiate voices.
On top of that, he was screaming. I'm sure the guy on the other end just got a garbled version of LAUNCH THE MISSILE, shit obviously going down heavily for the general to be that out of his mind, any soldier would have fired the rocket instantly.
>>
File: image_8.jpg (133 KB, 800x774) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
133 KB, 800x774
>>82577756
>>
File: thing.gif (757 KB, 544x416) Image search: [Google]
thing.gif
757 KB, 544x416
>>82577756
>>
>>82578784
Okay, go take a nap, ZEN FIRE ZE MISSILES!!!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.