[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Civil War comics worth a read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: civil-war-comic-review.jpg (209 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
civil-war-comic-review.jpg
209 KB, 800x430
Just saw the film, thought it was pretty good, albeit lacking any poingant conclusion to the conflict over the accords.

Do the comics follow pretty much the same story? And are they any good? Was thinking of reading them, with my interest piqued by the concept.
>>
Sorta but not really and not really. The registration act is the main plot in the comics and some of the tie ins were good but most of the main story was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>82575608

Its not good. It has a few highlights like the Cable&Deadpool tie ins, but overall i wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>82575718
Frank getting his shit kicked in by Cap was the only redeeming moment in main series.
>>
>>82575608
No
>>
Most of the tie ins are fucking cool, the punisher and daredevil are pretty based in the story. Outside of that it's a muddled mess of shitty mischaracterized forced conflicts.

It was a cash grab, but without being good enough to justify it's existence like the first secret wars is.
>>
>>82575791
the best part of Civil War was making Marvel confident enough to greenlight Annihilation and Planet Hulk
>>
It's completely different then the movie, not much about them are similar. But the comics actually have consequences to the fighting and real sense of danger.
>>
I really wonder if DC ever did hero vs hero, how good it'll sell. Normies eat that shit up.
>>
>>82575791
>>82575827

The Moon Knight tie in was funny

Cap: Hey Moony
MK: I'm staying out of this war you got going however if you reeally need me-
Cap: Actually i just wanted to ask you to stay out of it cuz you are a crazy psycho
MK: O-ok.
>>
>>82575858
They've done it plenty. Sells a ton

Fuck, isnt Injustice like their #2 or #3 in sales right now?
>>
>>82575608
not really, some tie ins are decent but generally its not worth it. Ellis Thunderbolts was probably the best to come from it

the movie was a smarter and better done version.

it makes much more sense for this kind of issue to pop up with heroes only being active for like a few years instead of over a decade like in the comic.
>>
>>82575875
It is. Granted, anon probably meant hero vs hero set in main universe.
>>
>>82575903
Yeah like full out Civil War shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.