[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genius or insufferable know-it-all? Maybe kinda both?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: johnk.jpg (89 KB, 610x778) Image search: [Google]
johnk.jpg
89 KB, 610x778
Genius or insufferable know-it-all?

Maybe kinda both?
>>
I still like him, so i don't really care.
>>
He definitely knows his stuff but Ren and Stimpy was never that good in the first place.
>>
>>82575660
whatever

i think hes great
>>
He's an asshole with talent.

Genuinely knows what he's doing, is an asshole.

Granted, not as big as John Byrne, but still a dick.
>>
He's been completely irrelevant since 1993. That's TWO DECADES. Read the book about the show, there's nothing else to add.
>>
He certainly can draw, but I dislike his style and his sense of humour. He also seems to overanimate things that are relatively static in real world, like that couch gag for Simpsons he made where Homer looked like he's either in pain or holding back tears because of constantly shaking face.
>>
I strongly dislike his style, but even I'll admit some episodes of Ren & Stimpy are funny.
>>
His animation is overrated, the lack of in between frames makes the fast movements look weird as fuck
>>
R&S sucks and he never did anything since then, he is only relevant to his cult following
>>
Mildly talented animator that was too full of himself to the point where he fucked himself out of a job.
>>
>>82573458
It seems like he's dedicated so much time to developing a style he considers perfect that, in consequence, he despises a lot of newer styles.
He's probably a asshole irl

Other than that, he has a pretty vast knowledge of animation dynamics that I can respect
>>
>>82573458
WTF is this cal arts shit? And who's the old guy? Sorry I just couldn't resist :') Talent aside, he's kind of an asshole.
>>
I need to buy a copy of Sick Little Monkeys
>>
>>82573458
Kickstarter thief
>>
>>82573458
So, why does 4chan hate him again?
>>
He stands against mediocrity and people spit at him for it.
>>
File: k.jpg (643 KB, 804x1024) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
643 KB, 804x1024
>>82573458
He's a quite good all-round artist, but the range and principles he actually conveys as his style are very specific, which wouldn't be a problem if he didn't consider literally everything that diverges from it automatically "bad"
>>
Talented, but "genius" is a gigantic anal stretch. And his reputation is based entirely on Ren and Stimpy.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.