[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40:58 Half in the Bag Episode 109: Captain America: Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvUTFVqwJQ
They hated it.
>>
>>82565936
honestly thought most of their suggestions would have made the movie worse. Thank god the Russos are making these things instead of them.
>>
>>82565936
Rich's argument for Iron Man's side is solely based on the assumption at the government is totally right and the UN wouldn't screw up the chance to use superheroes to solve the world's problems (most likely the Avengers would end up not doing shit since youre dealing with various countries with different ideas and agendas)
>>
>>82566062
>the government is totally right and the UN wouldn't screw up the chance to use superheroes to solve the world's problems
Which is shown incorrect in the movie when Zemo uses the assumptions of the people in charge against them (by suggesting Bucky as a probable target which they immediately latch on to).
>>
>>82565936
I liked their opinion about how this wasn't a Captain America movie, but more Avengers. So what have the name of Captain America?
>>
They really don't have a good knowledge of comics. Rich Evans is their comic guy and every review he is in is shit.
>>
https://youtu.be/mJvUTFVqwJQ?t=1763
>>
I'm surprised, they usually eat Marvel shit up despite shit talking how many marvel movies there are.
>>
>>82566222
Didn't he go to see Peter before Wanda left the compound? He wasn't expecting to have Vision at the time at all.

Other than that, sure I guess. Armor suit should probably beat low level superhuman.
>>
>>82566112
see, I get why it was called a Captain America movie. the plot revolves around Bucky, involves that chick from winter soldier, its slightly more grounded like Winter Soldier and the first Captain America. the focus on Cap is slightly off because of the overload of characters, but it felt like the movie was directly following up alot more from Winter Soldier than AoU
>>
>>82566112

the main conflict is clearly between Caps and Tony over Bucky, the whole registration thing is secondary. honestly it's just there to set up the big airport fight. it's a Caps movie first and foremost.
>>
>>82566222
why repost?
>>
>>82565936
They didn't like it? Surprising. Worst Marvel reviews they did was the Thor movies.

Anyway, it's been a long time since I've last trusted their opinion on a superhero movie. They have a very limited view of what it should be. They dislike that many have the same plot, yet really don't like when one tries to have more meaning.
>>
>>82566146
Yeah I cringe every time I hear Rich talking about comics.
>>
>>82566387
he's linking to a specific timestamp. Functionality that the board's embedding code doesn't support.
>>
>>82565936

reminds me in the star wars reviews, when they were talking about how they should have done the prequels and their ideas are all horrible and boring.

easier to criticize than to create
>>
>>82565936
Did you even bother to watch the review? Jay loved it and Mike and Rich thought it was okay, with Mike going so far as to give it a C+ at the start of the review.
>>
Not surprised, they sounded pretty burnt out on superhero movies in their Deadpool review.
>>
>>82565936

Probably because it wasn't "That" good. It was fine, I enjoyed it, but if you think this is the best superhero movie ever you need to neck yourself.
>>
>Iron Man's "Everyone follow the orders of Thunderbolt Ross" plan is clearly in the right
>>
>>82566062

And Captain America did a good job? He sent Wanda out on mission she wasn't ready for and innocent people died. That's on him. Those people died and Cap still believed that nobody should be able to judge them or hold them accountable. And that is just one of his many failings in this movie
>>
File: 1375951609815.jpg (10 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
1375951609815.jpg
10 KB, 400x294
RLM says that Tony is clearly right, and that Cap's argument is dumb.
YMS says that Cap is clearly right, and that Tony's argument is dumb.
Interesting.
>>
>>82566112

They should have made Zemos hate more personal to Cap. Remember AoU where Cap tries to save that car full of people from falling off the bridge but the bumper comes off and they fall? Well luckily Thor was there but I think it would have been good if the people in that car were Zemo's family and Thor wasn't there to save them
>>
They also said The Force Awakens was good. Nobody's right all the time.
>>
>>82566694
If Wanda wasn't there people still would have died, they just would have died on the ground instead. Oh, and Cap would be dead.
>>
>>82566780
That would have been bad for a couple of reasons.
>>
>>82566655

>Follow Captain America. People can die, monsters can go AWOL and you wont even get a slap on the wrist!
>>
>>82566765
>RLM says that Tony is clearly right, and that Cap's argument is dumb.

Erm. One guy says Tony is clearly right. One other guy says Cap was totally right. The last guy says both sides are reasonable.
>>
I don't like how Zemo had a wife.
He should be a young dude that likes Songbird.
Why make him just some guy instead of a Hydra guy?
>>
This is what would happen with the Avengers under U.N control. "Thousands are being murdered by an evil maniac we must act now" "Sorry Russia has interests in the area and vetoed any action. Sit on your ass Iron Man"
>>
>they hated it
Jay liked it, Mike and Rich thought it was okay.

I have to agree that it wasn't as good as TWS. Spider-Man was great but he was blatantly shoe-horned in, the same thing with Black Panther and Ant-Man to lesser extents. SM and BP were there to promote their later solo films, Ant-Man was only there to keep him in the public eye until Ant-Man and The Wasp comes around. TWS was a more focused film, CW isn't a mess but it's definitely the weaker film out of the two.

The whole ideology discussion is also thrown out the window as soon as Zemo bombs the UN, after that the conflict devolves into MUH BUCKY. It's not that much of a problem but I would have expected more of it, it would have made the fighting less stupid, RLM are right that Tony should have just sat down with Cap for a minute or two and looked at the evidence he had that Bucky was innocent rather than ignorantly fighting him BvS-style.

But it was still a good movie, probably in my MCU top five or three.
>>
>>82566806

She should never have been there at all. If she can't control her powers properly shes a liability.
>>
>>82565936
That was a shit review. Mike literally switched during the second half of the review and said he would instead lean toward supporting Cap's side.
>>
>Rich just watched Winter Soldier for the first time right beforehand

It's clear that none of them actually pay attention to these films, which is absolutely necessary since you have to watch at least 4 or 5 other films to fully appreciate what's happening and all the character motivations.

Then again, that's probably why they hated it.
>>
>>82566846
>He should be a young dude that likes Songbird.
>Why make him just some guy instead of a Hydra guy?
Read comics pleb.

>they don't even know the Black Panther's history and make fun of it w/r to the Black Panther movement
This is a terrible review.
>>
>>82565936

Well, this pretty much puts the nail into the debate; Civil War is shit.
>>
>>82566694
More people would have died on the ground if she did not lift him. Also what Cap said to her is true, you can't save everyone and people will die no matter what. Cap knows that first hand from his time in the war
>>
>>82566813

Why?
>>
>>82566899

Kill yourself
>>
>>82565936
Are you serious? They even reviewed Thor 2 positively. Like, I think it's overrated and TWS was much better, but if they liked Thor 2 they pretty much set the bar so low it's completely underground at this point.
>>
>>82566911

He could have taken his invincible android with him. Not for the espionage but just have him floating in the sky if things go tits ups
>>
Jay said he liked it.
>>
>>82566935
Explain.
>>
>>82566913
Showing the Avengers failing to save an innocent young family is a sadistic move in a superhero movie and should be done extremely carefully. It would not have fit in AoU. Additionally, by your reasoning this happens while Cap is actively trying to save them: that actually works less well than Zemo's family dying away from the heroes, impersonally, because of the fight the heroes got into on his country's soil.
>>
>Rich likes the Civil War comic book
>>
>>82566866
Who says she can't control her powers? She was containing an explosion, but it was too much for her so she couldn't hold it. It's not like she got confused and stopped using her powers or something.
>>
>>82567021

Which is funny because for a superhero movie Civil War didn't have any superheroics. This was a Supersoldier movie
>>
>>82566815
I feel like people who are defending Tony's side didn't even watch Winter Soldier. That whole movie is basically on how that doesn't work.
>>
>>82567364

So we should all just trust one man? We have reality to show us that doesn't work
>>
>>82567364

It's right though. What was going to happen to Wanda after those people died in Africa? Absolutely nothing
>>
>>82567422
At the end of the day you have to entrust this massive power to someone, and everyone is fallible. I'd rather trust Steve Rogers than the MCU government which is incompetent at best and plain evil at worst.
>>
>>82565936
>They hated it.
They said no such thing.
They thought it was an OK movie, they just didn't love it.

Stop this false dichotomy bullshit of you either have to love something to the point of fellating it, or hating it to the point of draw-and-quartering it.
>>
>>82567301
>failed at saving one group of people and blew up a building
Damn
>>
>>82567458
>What was going to happen to Wanda after those people died in Africa?
You say that as if her not being there would have saved people.
>>
>>82567512

If the Avengers weren't there would those people have died? No.
>>
>>82565936
These are the people that made fun of "dummies laughing at fart jokes" when criticizing Sandlers and then had an entire BOFTW where they laughed at fart jokes like dummies.

They have no right to say anything and I wish I had the Reddit Letter Media copypasta right now
>>
>>82567586
Crossbones killed multiple people before they arrived. Why would he have stopped? He had a biological weapon.
>>
>>82565936
>honestly thought most of their suggestions would have made the movie worse
What else is new? These guys are pretty big fuck-ups.
>>
>>82565936
God, listening to people talk about cape films is awful. You realize just how fucking retarded the target audience for these films is.
>>
>>82568174
Mike is best when he is discussing sci fi movies.
>>
Another reason why Jay is the best and sexiest.
>>
>>82568516
These are the best when they are discussing movies they hated, not only disliked like F4, but hated like BvS.
>>
I stop being subbed to these guys after their FPS video displayed their ignorance in full.
>>
>>82569835
>I stop being subbed to these guys after their FPS video displayed their ignorance in full.
?
>>
>ITT: People blindly believe OP instead of just watching the damn video for themselves.

You people play yourselves.
>>
>>82565936
God, it's amazing how attractive Jay has gotten over the years.
>>
>>82566765
I also find it funny how YMS uses the "its obvious that Cap is right" as like one of his main problems with the movie but then you have all these people who think Tony is right as well.

Like its clear that the movie was pretty successful with convincing people on both sides even if Team cap is probably more prominent
>>
>>82565936
>They hated it.

No, they didn't.
>>
>>82566765
>RLM says that Tony is clearly right

Mike and Jay said Cap was right, Rich said Tony was right.
>>
>>82566146

To be fair he said in their first comic booky review that he stopped reading them in the 90s. They use him because he has at least some comic knowledge.

And every review he is in is elevated by his angelic voice alone.
>>
>>82565936
>"I didn't hate it."
- Mike Stoklasa - 31:33
>>
>boring with some fun parts
sums it up
>>
>>82568174
Did you get lost on your way to /tv/?
>>
>>82575055
/tv/ is capeshit central though
Dunno why he's whining about superheroes in /co/
>>
>Both RLM and YMS kept saying "KILL SOMEONE KILL SOMEONE"
The Russos should pull a Max Landis and come on their show to address why that's wrong.

How everyone are ultimately good guys on different sides of a conflict and that a funeral would bring everyone together to atone, make amends, heal. Keeping everyone alive but fractured is the more meaningful direction. Also, just because Tony has the phone doesn't mean he's going to call Steve immediately. The ending is optimistic but not entirely happy.
>>
File: 1456422474952.jpg (111 KB, 409x777) Image search: [Google]
1456422474952.jpg
111 KB, 409x777
Might I remind you guys that Mike unapologetically loves Jurassic World? Deep Blue Sea with dinosaurs?

Yeah, that's about the point where I stopped thinking his opinion mattered.
>>
>>82575139
>/tv/ is whining about capeshit central

ftfy
>>
>>82567070
In retrospect it was a masterpiece.
>>
>>82575223
Rhodey has no reason to stay alive, he's completely worthless D-list background character who gets to do jackshit in the movies. Might as well kill him off, what's the point draghing into movies if he is basically just wallpaper?
>>
Mike said not to worry about real life consequences of destroying cities, but isn't that his critique of MoS and BvS? More and more, Mike seems like a pedantic ass who just dislikes movies.
>>
>>82565936
Hate is a strong word. Mike was bored at times and doesn't care for "real world bureaucracy and consequences" in a superhero film.
>>
File: 439287423978923.jpg (20 KB, 323x294) Image search: [Google]
439287423978923.jpg
20 KB, 323x294
The problem I have with the whole "regulating the Avengers" thing is that almost every single casualty was caused by the villains and the heroes not being good enough to save everyone, so it doesn't make sense to me to regulate the good guys when it just makes it easier for the villains to kill
This isn't like X-Men where mutants are regulated due to many mutants accidentally killing because they can't control their powers and the villains are also mutants making the good ones look bad
>>
>>82566846
Fuck off Sherwood.

Zemo and Songbird was barely even a fucking thing. It was Mach V and Songbird who had the actual relationship. Dumb faggot.
>>
>>82566865
>the same thing with Black Panther
Black Panther felt pretty well implemented. His thirst for vengeance and wanting to fucking murder Bucky gave pretty good reason why Cap couldn't just sign the accords and present evidence, because T'Challa didn't care. The UN and Ross were going to turn Bucky over to Wakanda.

It provides a pretty good reason why they couldn't just talk it out. He also is in all three acts of the movie with pretty good reason, unlike Hawkeye, Spidey and Ant-man who show up just for the fight.

The BP stuff is pretty important to the movie.
>>
>>82575470
there should still be accountability. If you fuck up a mission and innocent people die as a result, a slap on the wrist is bullshit.
>>
>>82575440
I think him living but without his legs has a bit more impact because everyone is forced to face and live with it. When people die, eventually people move on. When the guy is still there, with half of his spine not working and able to look you in the eye and say it's your fault, it's a bit more powerful.

Just my opinion though.
>>
>>82565936
>UN oversight
>Being anything other than laughable
I couldn't tell if Mike was just trolling the whole time or if he actually didn't really like the movie. Jay seemed genuinely surprised by his verdict.
>>
>>82575470
That's one of the big differences in the comic. The Stamford incident was a clear case of superhero negligence leading directly to civilian casualties, while the movie is sparked by the heroes doing their best to minimize casualties.

At least Scarlet Witch didn't decide to turn her costume into bondage gear to cope with it.
>>
>>82565936

I love those guys so fucking much it hurts. Rich Evans is a perfect husbando.
>>
>>82575513
"Sorry my ability to magically contain a bomb with my mind didn't work perfectly. Guess I'm a murderer now."
>>
File: 13sakp.jpg (38 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
13sakp.jpg
38 KB, 570x300
>>82566600
>>
>>82575586
The movie should've hammered AoU references in a lot harder and made it clear that the accident with Wanda was JUST the last straw but it's more about "Jesus Christ, Stark, your robot destroyed an entire country. Also, Hulk got off his fucking leash in public."

I feel like those two moments are a lot more equatable to Stamford.
>>
>>82575586
>The Stamford incident was a clear case of superhero negligence leading directly to civilian casualties
the stamford incident was a set-up. Walter Declun, the CEO of Damage Control, had given Nitro Mutant Growth Hormone to boost his powers and instructed him to make a very visible incident with a high death toll. Stamford was a premeditated terrorist attack coordinated by an american agent for profit and power. It would have happened with or without the New Warriors.

it was all covered in Wolverine's Civil War tie-ins
>>
>>82566865
>sit down and present evidence
>implying the UN or Wakanda will care
>implying there was enough evidence beyond "it isn't his MO" at that stage
>implying bucky just wouldn't end up dead or triggered before cap could do anything, like what happens when they're actually captured and cap tries talking to people

They also had shoot to kill orders if he resists which for obvious reasons he will. Cap knows this so his best bet is to clear Bucky's name first since he's a wanted criminal.

This is if Tony believes Cap's evidence over the video evidence.

Bucky drove the plot along and was a strong centre of the plot, but the themes, gray areas and issues were still addressed.
>>
>>82567586
More would have.
>>
>>82566374
SHARON CARTER

do you even comics?
>>
>>82565936
Strangely nitpicky, and they already know some of their shit doesn't make sense?
They keep complaining there isn't an Apocalypse character but they know Infinity War is coming and shit?
>>
>>82566112

Captain America is the main character, unquestionably.

And the movie is most concerned with tying up/continuing the Winter Soldier plot.

Tony arguably has the most emotionally charged character arc, but that doesn't mean the movie is about him.
>>
>>82566694

>He sent Wanda out on mission she wasn't ready for and innocent people died.

She saved him, and about 100 people that were on the market.

14 people in a building is actually an acceptable outcome.

Specially because they just stopped a group of mercenaries escaping with a biological weapon.
>>
>>82566865

Black Panther is not shoehorned at all.

Really, his inclusion in the plot is super organic, specially coming off Age of Ultron.

Ant-Man and Spider-Man are, but I don't think it detracts from the movie.
>>
>>82575440

To keep a character that is unquestionably on Tony's side and give gravitas to his plots going foward.
>>
>>82566865
As I recall there was no evidence that Bucky didn't do it until after the airport fight, then Stark is updated and he asks Falcon where they are so he can help them solve it, then he watches Bucky kill his parents.
Ants, Spidey, and Panter were alright, Panter had his own thing, and the other two were basically wild cards meant to disable the other team because they were split and didn't want to go full lethal with special forces firing at them and shit. A tiny guy to short out Tony's tech and a kid with web substance to tie up lawbreakers and apparently super-strength rivaling Cap, if not beating him.
>>
>>82575760

>They also had shoot to kill orders if he resists which for obvious reasons he will.

They would've shot him even if he surrendered himself.

The swat entered the apartment firing their weapons.

It was a death squad, and Bucky was just a chance for them to show people that the UN and the Accords were going to deal with this shit swiftly.
>>
>>82576247
Technically, there was evidence that Bucky was being brainwashed. Whether or not that holds up in court is one thing though.
I mean, pleading for insanity can only get you so and so far.
>>
>>82575443
There are significant differences of scale involved and if you can't see that you're a moron.

He IS a pedantic ass who dislikes movies, though.
>>
>>82565936
They gave it a C+.
Which, by Marvel standards, is godawful.
Which is wierd, because while I was watching their review, I kept wanting to just argue a point here or there with them. They didn't have any dissenting voices in their group. Bit the bit at 8 minutes was fantastic.
>>
>they make fun of shaky cam fight from CW in the end
Kek
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.