[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are so many cartoons these days more concerned about entertaining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: pickindofrelated.png (465 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
pickindofrelated.png
465 KB, 1000x563
Why are so many cartoons these days more concerned about entertaining adult nerds than entertaining the children they're supposed to be aimed at?

See: AT post season 2, SU, Korra, PPG reboot
>>
>>82555240
Because kids won't make an outrage if you cancel their show
>>
How is the PPG reboot entertaining adult nerds and not entertaining children?

Is this a bait thread?
>>
Manchildren have taken over every piece of media forever.
You can't make something aimed at 11 year olds without satisfying 21 year olds anymore.
Their demographic has become one and the same.
>>
>>82555240
Because cartoonists are adult nerds. The executives require them to make the content for the target audience of course, but they often write so that it's entertaining to them. As an animator once said:

>"I don't write for children. I write, and someone says, 'This is for children.' "
>>
>>82555306
New PPG memes are older than the kids that watch it.
>>
>>82555240
Because they're made by adult nerd hacks that have always wanted to make "that cool show I had an idea for in high school" and were never interested in writing for children anyway.
>>
>>82555240
Uh, aren't they doing both?
>>
>>82555414
Yes, but lots of creators will tell you
>We're really writing this for ourselves
Or something similar. And it's definitely not limited to the shows OP listed. It's important that you enjoy the work you make. If it's good and not raunchy, kids should like it anyway.
>>
>>82555240
Because today's kids are more and more frequently just watching shit on youtube and twitch than sitting in front of a TV watching cartoons. Meanwhile, adults are enjoying more and more cartoons and the people making them are the same people that love watching cartoons.
>>
>>82555348
This, and to a lesser extent >>82555326

>>82555388
There is literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>82555348
Was this animator by chance Joe Murray?
>>
>>82555854
My mistake, it was Maurice Sendak and he was an illustrator and writer of children's books
>>
>>82555240
How is post season 2 AT catered to adults?Its still mindless childish crap you are full of shit contrarian faggot.
>>
>>82555240
Adult nerds are the ones buying the merchandise.
>>
>>82531692
>>
It must be soul destroying catering simply to the tastes of kids. Contrary to current opinion, most old-school children's entertainers weren't pedos, they actually hated the little shits.
>>
>>82555326
Simon Pegg got a lot of shit for it, but he was right when he talked about the infantalization of modern culture.
>>
>>82556535
Fuck Simon Pegg. Speak for yourself anon.
>>
>>82555306
>Reboot of show from 20 years ago
>Old memes that kids wouldn't understand
>Full of progressive virtue signaling that would go right over kids' heads
>>
>>82556535
Only a manchild like Pegg would say something like that with a straight face
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.