[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk MCU movie costumes, /co/. So after the complete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: batrocmma.jpg (210 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
batrocmma.jpg
210 KB, 1250x1250
Let's talk MCU movie costumes, /co/.

So after the complete lack of a purple mask for Zemo in CW, I realised that while the MCU is pretty good about getting their heroes in comic accurate costumes... the bad guys are all kinda crummy costume wise.

I mean, Batroc has a kind of similar shirt. Crossbone in CW just had a bit of white paint on his mask and his chest. Is Loki the only MCU villain who actually had a costume who looks like his comic version?
>>
red skull? although he was just wearing a nazi uniform.
>>
Yellowjacket
>>
File: RedSkullHYDRA-CATFA.png (2 MB, 1920x817) Image search: [Google]
RedSkullHYDRA-CATFA.png
2 MB, 1920x817
>>82545439

Red Skull wasn't even a nazi. He was a gi joe tier badguy corp scientist.

He only wears an actual SS uniform at the very start and from then on they try and distance him from Hitler.
>>
File: Yellowjacket_Proposal_Three.png (478 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yellowjacket_Proposal_Three.png
478 KB, 1280x720
>>82545477

Yep. MCU Yellowjacket totally looks like the comic book version.

The hell you talkin' about.
>>
>>82545493
What the fuck did you expect?
>>
>>82545427
Aside from the moving lips Ultron was pretty close to his comics design.
Yellowjacket was different but certainly not crummy.
Iron Monger was fine and I liked not!Mandarin being a blend of para-military and his classic look.
>>
>>82545484
It does still look extremely Hugo Bossy.
>>
>>82545427
I didn't mind Crossbones' outfit. It wasn't spot on, but the idea certainly got across and his design stood out.
>>
>>82545484
>>82545439
if we're talking red skull we have to talk makeup and the makeup was really good.
>>
>>82545427
>the MCU is pretty good about getting their heroes in comic accurate costumes
No, it's not.
>>
>>82545427
I liked Ultron's first form
>>
>>82545427
Iron monger maybe Also Thanos seems pretty on the spot.
>>
>>82545714
let me guess, another autistic hawkeyefag? the comic costume would be cringey
>>
>>82545493
his costume is superior to the stupid comic version
>>
Nah, it's just the 'based' Russos having a hard time putting any of the characters they introduce in a costume.
>>
>>82545427
>>82545740
>>82545439

So what we can infer is, that in the early stages of the Marvel Universe they were okay with giving their villains outfits distinctly similar to their iconic comic book outfits, but as the years have gone on, they're now keen to move away from that (Looking at you Zemo).
>>
To be honest the more over the top a villain is the easier it is to get their outfit, loki being an asgardian god alien whatever is why his suit is dead on, most of cap's ennemies were military/para-military people who actually need bodyarmour and shit to not die.

and movie Zemo really isn't comic book Zemo, so i'm not suprised he didn't have the mask.
>>
>>82545779
>Thanos
>Early stages of the Marvel Universe

The only thing i can infer is that you're trying too hard
>>
Comic accurate =/= good.

Anyway here's a list of some costumes that looked good.

Ronan (im judging based on his awesome Universal Weapon), Iron Monger, Red Skull, Loki, Kurse, Winter Soldier (vastly improved mask), and Yellowjacket.
>>
Zemo have the purple mask would be so faggy in live action, I'd feel like I'm rewatching watchmen
>>
>>82545809
While this post sounds like bait, I do have trouble imagining a villain dressed in a purple mask in Civil War. It wasn't that kind of story.
>>
>>82545809
>>82545824
Here's to hoping for his return in a later film in full costume and leader of the Masters of evil
>>
>>82545791
We saw Thanos at the end of Phase 1. All the other villians I mentioned turned up in Phase 1. It's Phase 2 and 3 where they went to shit (Zemo, Mandarin, Crossbones, Batroc, Malekith) so try again douche.
>>
File: 1460408563791.jpg (24 KB, 468x354) Image search: [Google]
1460408563791.jpg
24 KB, 468x354
>>82545890
Thanos' look wasn't finalized in the Avengers teaser, it was just a face and even that was slightly altered

>It's Phase 2 and 3 where they went to shit
Opinions, because you may not like the final design of characters like Yellowjacket, Ronan, Ultron or even not-Mandarin's, but to say they don't even try to make them look like the comic counterparts is just a lie
>>
>>82545493
You're right. It actually looks better.
Faggot.
>>
>>82545493
Actually, I just recently realized that those lazer arms when folded down, look like those shoulder things.
>>
>>82545890
Malekith, Winter Soldier, Ronan, Ultron and Yellowjacket all looked fine.

Fuck Crossbones looked pretty good too. He still had a mask and a suit wiith an X on it with an over-the-top weapon
>>
>>82545886
I have a feeling the next time we see him, he's going to be Citizen V.
>>
>>82546086
You know if it wasn't for that those laser arms would be a really weird design quirk. They don't seem to have any advantage compared to any other way to attach your weaponry, especially considering he only uses them over his shoulders.
Pym can make fun of Stark all he wants, at least he's no Cross in terms of weaponized suit design.
>>
>>82545886
As long as he doesn't become too generic as a result. It'd be a shame to sacrifice his more human side for the sake of having another villain who walks around in a flashy costume giving take-over-the-world speeches and shooting energy beams.
>>
File: 2279428-great_saiyaman.png (626 KB, 2113x1454) Image search: [Google]
2279428-great_saiyaman.png
626 KB, 2113x1454
>>82546121
I love the idea of a Thunderbolts movie for the simple idea that, kinda like GotG or Deadpool, it could be a perfect occasion for some subversion of tropes and superheroes cliches

Like, imagine Zemo assembling whatever squad and then giving over the top inspirational speechs to the public about freedom and the value of friendship over evil and shit. I'd love something like that
>>
>>82545886
>Ross makes Zemo field commander of Thunderbolts
>superglues mask to his face so his identity can't be revealed
>Cap later tears mask off Scooby-Doo style trying to learn his identity, taking his face with it
Okay, that's a little cheesy but it's probably the closest you'll get to the comic book.
>>
>>82546174
I wouldn't say GotG subverted much, dance-off aside, just took a different angle.
In fact it played straight something that was parodied in Deadpool: "my tragic backstory is tragicker than yours, love interest".
>>
>>82546213
That wasn't exactly parodied. They just didn't spend too much time on it. It worked as comedic and to give backstory.
>>
>>82546213
Yeah, i see what you mean
>>
>>82546231
What really? The characters were talking jokingly, finding the most retardedly tragic shit they could. Wade's uncle didn't actually rape him (probably).
>>
>>82546253
Just telling a joke isn't a parody.
>>
I eagerly await the Thunderbolts movie. How long do we have and who do we have/still need?

i.e. how many MCU villains are still around?

>Zemo
>Abomination(?) is he the Killer Croc/King Shark?
>Moonstone - coming in Carol's movie
>Beetle/Mach X and/or Fixer - maybe they could sub in Justin Hammer?
>Loki - ha ha no (although Marvel could pull a skwaadJoker with boltsLoki)

If they put Paladin in Dfenders/Cage/Iron Fist, he could make the jump to movie?

Songbird/Mimi will probably be introduced as the POV character. I'll be cool with that.
>>
>>82546297
Also, I would love to have Ghost around. He's essentially Rorschach Tony Stark.
>>
>>82546297
The Leader is also still around, in a tie-in comic they explained he was taken into SHIELD costudy
>>
File: IronPatriot.png (505 KB, 750x380) Image search: [Google]
IronPatriot.png
505 KB, 750x380
>>82546297
They don't necessarily need to use villains that have already appeared, plus they got all of Spider-Man's cast available with the reboot, and they do also have an empty War Machine armor lying around.
>>
>>82546283
No, turning a common trope of a genre into a joke is parody.
>>
File: Janice_Lincoln_(Earth-616)_007.jpg (284 KB, 592x760) Image search: [Google]
Janice_Lincoln_(Earth-616)_007.jpg
284 KB, 592x760
>>82546356
holy shit I forgot they can use Spidey villains now.

So, are we wanting Abe Beetle or do we want them to go straight to sexy Superior Beetle?
>>
>>82545427
I love Batroc and Crossbones outfit in 2. Granted you didn't get to see how cool Crossbones outfit was until he took the vest off at the VERY end.

All Zemo needed was a purple beanie or ski mask as he was out in the snow. Rolled up on his head didn't need to be down very far.
>>
>>82545493
I think his point was that YJ actually had a full blown costume unlike Zemo and Batroc.
>>
>>82545749
Hawkeye's costume is base don the comics. It's just the Ultimate version rather than the mainstream version.
>>
>>82546297
Imagine how a Thunderbolts movie could work:
>Secretary of State Ross secretly creates a suicide-squad style kill-team from villains incarcerated in the Raft
>Something happens at another prison, releasing Zemo and some other generic big bad
>Thunderbolts are sent in to deal with the problem, then left for dead once it goes south
>Zemo helps guide them tactically so he can get out as well, beat generic big bad
>since they're all presumed dead they take on new secret identities, with Zemo leading the way as Citizen V, so that he can one-up the Avengers
sequels can deal with the whole are-we-becoming-real-heroes shtick
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.