[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Films you had zero expectations for, but to your surprise,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: penguins.jpg (101 KB, 1095x617) Image search: [Google]
penguins.jpg
101 KB, 1095x617
ITT: Films you had zero expectations for, but to your surprise, wound up enjoying.

Pic related.
>>
Pic related. I also did not care for Tangled at all until I actually watched it. It's now one of my favourite Disney movies.
>>
File: I cant.jpg (47 KB, 483x272) Image search: [Google]
I cant.jpg
47 KB, 483x272
How To Train Your Dragon. I missed out on it at release and just dismissed it as Dreamworks hadn't made anything good in a while. Watched it some time after the home release when someone in a thread I was in streamed it. Loved it.
>>
Lego movie

trailer was complete shit and i was surprised at how well it turned out.
>>
>>82531659
I was surprised a lot of people weren't big on it. I thought it was a fun movie. Much better than the Madagascar films.
>>
>>82531659
Kung Fu Panda might be the most surprising movie of all time for me. I had no clue is was going to be that good, let alone good at all. I was orgasming when Tai Lung was escaping prison.
>>
>>82534371
That movie be Sony, not Disney.

But yeah, I totally agree. I did not expect to enjoy this movie at all.
>>
>>82534371
>>82536695
Btw, these movies were directed by the same two people.
>>
File: zootopiaposter1.jpg (232 KB, 671x404) Image search: [Google]
zootopiaposter1.jpg
232 KB, 671x404
When the first previews were coming out I thought it looked meh and I loathed the DMV preview (and I still consider that scene to be by a wide margin the worst part of the movie) but it ended up being a solid 4 star film
The shipping furries are cancer though
>>
>>82537327
Whoops, failed at reading comprehension. Sorry >>82534371, I screwed up.
>>
File: strange-magic-poster.jpg (563 KB, 1280x1896) Image search: [Google]
strange-magic-poster.jpg
563 KB, 1280x1896
George Lucas is better at making movies than reviewers seem to give him credit.
>>
>>82537418
Huh, I've never even heard of this one before
As a Dark Crystal/Labyrinth fan, this looks intriguing, but it has atrocious reviews.
(Not that I've ever put much stock in reviews; I usually reserve judgement for myself.)
But what was it you enjoyed so much about it?
>>
Hotel Transylvania
>>
>>82537720
It was cute and I liked the songs. The main characters seemed to have real chemistry instead of being forced together by plot convenience. The antagonist was one of the leafman fairies instead of the dark fairies, which you don't see very often.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.