[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of these mundane powers would you rather have? To never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: 1381683681561.jpg (50 KB, 500x479) Image search: [Google]
1381683681561.jpg
50 KB, 500x479
Which of these mundane powers would you rather have?

To never have to eat again? (You never have to eat again)

To never have to sleep again? (You never get sleepy)

To summon a full course meal three times a day? (Menu in you mind consist of any food that you have ever eaten. Eat something new and the menu will update)

Hygiene aura (an invisible aura around your body will auto clean your body, hair, teeth, etc. So you ALWAYS stay fresh)

Anything you look at for 30 seconds, you will know it's exact dimensions. Focus on it for 3 minutes and you will learn where it was made/come from. (Try this on humans and your will learn where they come from and who their parents are)

So which will it be?
>>
>never have to eat again

I feel like there are WAY too many caveats to this. Like, what if I'm a bodybuilder or simply trying to build muscle? If I exercise, I'd instantly get the perfect amount of protein and other vitamins to get the best gains?

And what about the phrase "have to"? Does that mean I *can* eat if I choose to?

Assuming yes to both things, then this is probably the best option. Lowest cost (money and time-wise) + highest eventual return on investment.
>>
>>82527755
Sleep.
>>
>>82527755
Never Sleep.
also you should read Beggars in Spain.
>8 more hours a day for vidya
>>
>>82527755
Never have to eat = infinite energy
Full course meal = fastest restaurant of all time
No sleep = tons of extra time, infinite stamina?
Hygiene aura = extra time, maybe you can do dirty jobs more easily, I don't know. Or you can be evil and never get messy after killing people.

IMO learning where things came from is the best power, especially if you can focus on small things like bullet holes. You could become the world's greatest detective.
>>
>>82527755
No sleep if I'm still able to sleep when I want too.
Hygiene aura otherwise.
>>
>>82527755
Wouldn't the hygiene aura mean that I am completely immune to every type of illness and incapable of spreading them?
>>
>>82527755
hygiene, definitely
Sleeping feels good
you need to eat if you want to body build
>>
>>82527755
Never sleep. That's 11 extra hours a day plus stamina forever.
>>
Hygiene aura by far. I'm obsessed with being clean.
>>
>>82527755
Are you fucking kidding me? Meals nigga, that way if I succeed in life I can cut back on food expenses forever and spend my money on hobbies and if I fail I don't ever have to worry about food.
>>
The anything you look at.. power would be pretty useful if you get creative with it, though I'd have to seriously consider Hygiene Aura and Meal Summons too because those seem pretty awesome.

I'd probably flip a coin between Meal Summons and Anything you look at...
>>
>>82527755
>don't sleep
>Effectively live 50% longer
First is second best but I like food, and eating when you're not hungry just isn't the same.
>>
Not eating and free meals both save money, with the occasional snack purchase possibly tempting you at the worst. I guess you save more time/hassle from not eating, but it'd feel odd not doing that. Meal summoning is shareable I assume, and at the very least leftoves should be allowed.
Not sleeping would allow me to do and it practically mean full stamina. I'd never have to make the bed, or take a nap. The light bill would be higher due to staying up, unless I spend the nights out.
Hygiene aura saves plenty of time/noney as well, though it's probably the most mundane of all. Being clean is socially expected. Good for lazy people. Some fun can be had in being messy, but I'm not sure if it's a permanent uncontrollable aura.
The visual understanding seems practically useless except for maybe reverse-engineering which I'd be shit at (unless it can change that) and overall it'd be worthless to me.
I'd go with summoning free meals overall.
>>
>>82531426
I feel like it'd be such a waste though. A lot of places are closed at night, and you aren't really missing out on much by going to sleep. I feel like that superpower would only be useful when you're in college studying around the clock, or if you love to party and you're bar hopping all night. Beyond that you're either at a Taco Bell or Wendy's drive thru and waiting for everyone else to wake up.
>>
Hygiene aura (an invisible aura around your body will auto clean your body, hair, teeth, etc. So you ALWAYS stay fresh)

I love cooking, so I wouldn't want to give up eating. Sleeping is nice, too. There's nothing exactly fun about brushing your teeth, though.
>>
>>82527755
>stare at somebody for 3
Lol
>>
I've had nothing but horrific fight for my life type nightmares my entire life...so the meals.

My nightmares are horrific but interesting. Last night I had a dream where I was put under the effect of a hallucinogenic drug in conjunction with an attack on my life. 23 fucking years worth of nightmares and I've never been drugged with hallucinogens in one of them before.
>>
>>82527755
Never sleep.

Cause sleep is a cousin of death
>>
>>82527755
Never sleep, not even a question
>>
I enjoy eating and sleeping way too much to justify given them up.

I'm going to choose "Know the composition of anything just by looking at it".
I have trouble calling that one mundane, I think you can literally save lives in ordinary situations with this power.
>>
>>82527755
>To never have to sleep again? (You never get sleepy)
Question. Can you sleep if you want to? I mean, can you even imagine how many creative ideas only come in dreams?
>>
Summoning meals would be fucking amazing.
>>
Food and sex are the only things that matter in life. To not be hungry is to be damned.

You don't eat to live. You live to eat.
>>
>>82527755
With the Hygiene aura, does that also cleanse out things such as excess body fat, viruses, diseases in general, etc?

If not, then never having to sleep. Effectively doubling my waking life is incredible, but being able to eat anything I want without worrying about calories or fat and being immune to disease would definitely outweigh that.
>>
>>82527755
>Anything you look at for 30 seconds, you will know it's exact dimensions. Focus on it for 3 minutes and you will learn where it was made/come from.
Sounds like a pretty cool deal.
But super hygiene? That's also cool.
That's a tough one.
Gotta go practical, hygiene.
>>
File: I'm fine.jpg (73 KB, 427x650) Image search: [Google]
I'm fine.jpg
73 KB, 427x650
I am going to have to go with infinite food. It would be amazing to never get sleepy but that won't help me if I go homeless which might happen. Sad poverty times.
>>
>never have to sleep
>you can never be knocked out
>you can never lose consciousness
>your body doesn't shut down from fatigue or bodily trauma
>you live forever
>>
>>82527755
sleep, definitely
>>
>>82529862
Nigger you sleep for 11 hours a day? What's wrong with you?
>>
>>82527755
Damn, the only one I actually wouldn't want is the never eat power, I fucking love eating. I'd probably go for the last one though.
>>
>>82527755
Never sleep.
>>
Hygene, have to go with ultimate hygene
>>
>>82527755
never sleep.
While i love to sleep, i think it is a HUGE waste of time. You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping.
>>
>>82534811
None?
I mean, my dreams are as creative as anyone elses, but they are pretty much pointless to use in reallife situations(if you can remember them at all)
like, in my dream i was able to compose a really awesome song, but in reallife i can't play a single instrument(and of course i forgot the melody after a few hours)
>>
File: 1447923532996.jpg (19 KB, 262x281) Image search: [Google]
1447923532996.jpg
19 KB, 262x281
>all these people picking never sleep
you do know that means having to find something to do until morning so you're not bored out of your minds waiting for everyone to wake up, right? i mean, be honest, what are you guys gonna do for almost 10-12 hours, just stare at a wall until morning? Plus, sleep is more than just mandatory shit dude, it's honestly really relaxing. Anyways, if out of all those powers, defiantly the 3 course meal, free food for life my dude, that's like literally a whole human need taken care of, never have to pay food shit again.
>>
>>82527755
Summon meals. I like eating and I like naps.
>>
>>82542110
>it's honestly really relaxing
which obviously you have no need for anymore. You can still do it if yo want to, but you don't need to.

There are tons of things i want to do but just don't have enough time to do so, and it's not just playing videogames or something, but also creative stuff or i could start a nightshift at my work to earn twice as much money to afford better things in my life.
>>
>>82542110
I would do so much. Game, read, clean my guns, go drive to other states and be back at work in the morning. That's 8+ hours everyday Anon. Think of it.
>>
>>82527755
Hygiene aura without a doubt. I enjoy sleep and food too much
>>
>>82542163
and you'd be willing to do that every night. for the rest of your life?
>>
>>82527755
>Anything you look at for 30 seconds, you will know it's exact dimensions. Focus on it for 3 minutes and you will learn where it was made/come from. (Try this on humans and your will learn where they come from and who their parents are)

I'll take "become a crazy forensic genius/archeologist" for 500 alex. Hell, I could make a living just ID'ing bodies for the police. Nobody said the target had to be alive.
>>
>>82527755

Never having to sleep would be so amazing.

Hygiene aura would come second, though.
>>
>To never have to eat again? (You never have to eat again)
You can't enjoy food the same since you won't get hungry
No more dreams
>To summon a full course meal three times a day? (Menu in you mind consist of any food that you have ever eaten. Eat something new and the menu will update)
Where does it come from? Does it take food or matter from someone else? If you eat something like bubble gum or gold, can that be conjured?
>Hygiene aura (an invisible aura around your body will auto clean your body, hair, teeth, etc. So you ALWAYS stay fresh)
Can you choose when it auto cleans? If anyone else touches your skin (and aura), will they be cleaned too?
>Anything you look at for 30 seconds, you will know it's exact dimensions. Focus on it for 3 minutes and you will learn where it was made/come from. (Try this on humans and your will learn where they come from and who their parents are)
You can't look at someone/something for too long without being bombarded with information
>>
>>82542206
if by "that" you mean all those different options i just listed plus countless others i didn't bother to write down? Then yes, "that" i am willing to do for the rest of my life.
>>
>>82542379
>You can't enjoy food the same since you won't get hungry
you're not seriously telling me you only enjoy food because you are hungry? Have you never eaten potato chips or popcorn while watching a movie? Have you never had a snack just in the middle of the day?
>>
>>82527755
A toss up between hygiene aura, and the last one. I enjoy eating, and no sleep could have some drawbacks to it.

An important question about the last power: would you also gain the scientific knowledge that would make the ability useful? In other words, would you automatically know what the measurements and such mean if you weren't well-versed in such knowledge before?
>>
>>82527755
I'm stuck between three course meal and hygiene aura.

Because the three course meal would be pretty cool, considering I'm normally stuck with cup ramen and fucking spaghettios. With that shit I could eat actual goddamn food for once.

On the other hand, I have a rather unfortunate case of halitosis and a hygiene aura would take care of that pretty quickly.

I guess I'd have to go with the hygiene aura. Practicality over pomp. I like sleeping too much to get rid of that, since I have insane dreams every night, and eating is kinda nice.
>>
>To never have to eat again? (You never have to eat again)
This is tempting. You'd save alot of money not needing to buy expensive foods or healthy foods. Assuming this also takes care of your nutritional needs, you can pig out all you want on junk food. You don't HAVE to, but I assume you still can.

An extra 8 hours a day seems cool. I've often wanted to stay up and really handle business. But i don't see anything extraordinary about this ability.

>To summon a full course meal three times a day? (Menu in you mind consist of any food that you have ever eaten. Eat something new and the menu will update)
I think this option is weaker than the "never eat again" option because you still have to mind your health and you can't just pig out. And unless you magically invent new food thats healthy and delicious, you can't summon it.

>Hygiene aura (an invisible aura around your body will auto clean your body, hair, teeth, etc. So you ALWAYS stay fresh)
I think this is the best of them. You're no longer sick, you don't need a haircut ever again, don't need to brush your teeth, no more showers, and if we use a little technicality, you'll never age because your cells will always be "fresh". You'll be at the prime of your mouth all the time. You might still need to eat, I'm not sure.

Seems like a gimmicky power. Won't be able to use it in common life.
>>
>>82542425
If you no longer had to eat, would you still ritualistically set up meal times?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.